Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-10-17, 15:06   Link #961
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
I like how we Know Clinton is a two faced criminal and we keep getting more and proof,but it seems people are distracted but the media"s trump shit or just don't care. surprised she still able to run for president. sure I know there was corruptions in gov. but damn don't think it was this bad.
We're not distracted by Trump. We're distracted by literally decades of slander that, upon closer examination, never amounted to much in the reality department.
Old 2016-10-17, 17:10   Link #962
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
I was for Bernie because he actually had some cool new ideas and was going against established society.

And what you said is true only if you disregard Wikileaks about Democrats sabotaging him to let Hilary win. So it's no wonder I am not in their train.

At least Trump wants to do something new for the US, unlike Hilary who just want to keep same old status quo alive, with the return of the Cold War to that.
Something new?
Like building a wall and let the maxicans pay for it? Or killing famillies of terrorrists? Or just establish fearmongring, conspiracy theories, racism, intolerance and sexism as an absolutely normal thing to do? Or is it the reducing taxes for the rich? etc...

What is this "something new for the US"?
Old 2016-10-17, 17:30   Link #963
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
We're not distracted by Trump. We're distracted by literally decades of slander that, upon closer examination, never amounted to much in the reality department.
that what I meant when talked about the media.

- Guy Incognito 2014
Old 2016-10-17, 18:26   Link #964
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Trump Supporter Tells Reporters ‘Hillary Needs To Be Taken Out’
Quote:
In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, a Donald Trump supporter at an Ohio rally alluded to the need to assassinate Hillary Clinton if she won the presidency, calling it his duty as a “patriot.”

“I feel like Hillary needs to be taken out,” said a rally-goer named Dan Bowman. “If she gets in the government, I’ll do everything in my power to take her out of power. If I have to be a patriot, I will.”

“What does that mean?” WSJ asked.

“Take it any way you want to take it,” Bowman responded enigmatically.
Old 2016-10-17, 18:40   Link #965
Newhope

She needs to be in Jail.
Old 2016-10-17, 18:40   Link #966
MCAL

Remember when Congress said they would let voters decide who would pick the next Supreme Court Justice...

https://thinkprogress.org/john-mccai...966#.3c218uq5y

How democratic...
Old 2016-10-17, 18:51   Link #967
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
She needs to be in Jail.
Because reasons...
Or simply because lunatic Trump says so...

Yeah yeah, sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Remember when Congress said they would let voters decide who would pick the next Supreme Court Justice...

How democratic...
The modern GOP is a screaming toddler throwing a tantrum.
Old 2016-10-17, 20:06   Link #968
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post

How democratic...
expected it.

Hillary should just pick the most liberal judge she can fine to fire up the base for the mid-term election. Since it doesn't matter who she picks anyway.
Old 2016-10-17, 20:13   Link #969
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
She needs to be in Jail.
be careful of what you wish for. You guys are all talking about how democracies are all flawed and overrun by corruption. But when shit will hit the fan, dont come crying.
Old 2016-10-17, 20:27   Link #970
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/17/po...ts-hes-a-hack/

Eh...

Quote:
A Politico reporter has been caught sending his journalism to Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman for approval.
Old 2016-10-17, 21:30   Link #971
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
She needs to be in Jail.
People have been saying that for almost two decades.
Old 2016-10-17, 21:43   Link #972
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
The office in North Carolina got firebombed.
We don't know who did it, but the local Democrats set up a GoFundMe to help with rebuilding the office and met their goal within 15 hours.

Quote:
There will always be a fringe minority on both sides who go about things the wrong way by taking it into their own hands.
Yeah, like anyone on the left would use Nazi imagery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
I like how we Know Clinton is a two faced criminal and we keep getting more and proof,but it seems people are distracted but the media"s trump shit or just don't care. surprised she still able to run for president. sure I know there was corruptions in gov. but damn don't think it was this bad.
Is this the same "we" that with their wackyTM conspiracy theories have been lying to the American people for the past thirty years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/17/po...ts-hes-a-hack/

Eh...

Quote:
A Politico reporter has been caught sending his journalism to Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman for approval.
Speaking of wackyTM conspiracy theories...
Old 2016-10-17, 21:44   Link #973
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Definitely have to echo what Josh Barro said on twitter.

Quote:
"WikiLeaks" has become like "Benghazi" in that it's a buzzword thrown around by Clinton haters with no clear theory of what's so bad.
The latest FBI "quid quo pro" claim is not even based on reality. When people like Paul Ryan feed into this right wing media pathology, they should never complain about how they found their party in the position it is today.

Worse, CBSNews like CNN today continues to drop the ball with their media coverage. I'm not sure where these mainstream news outlets decided that being "fair and balanced" is somehow presenting the sides as equal in any and all arguments/discussions. The amount of false equivalency this election is bizarre. You could compare the rate of lying of the candidates and find that Trump lies at an unprecedented rate while Clinton is about what an average politician is.

Quote:
One metric comes from independent fact-checking websites. As of Friday, PolitiFact had found 27 percent of Clinton’s statements that it had looked into were mostly false or worse, compared with 70 percent of Trump’s. It said 2 percent of Clinton’s statements it had reviewed were egregious “pants on fire” lies, compared with 19 percent of Trump’s. So Trump has nine times the share of flat-out lies as Clinton.

Likewise, The Washington Post Fact-Checker has awarded its worst ranking, Four Pinocchios, to 16 percent of Clinton’s statements that it checked and to 64 percent of Trump’s.

“Essentially, Clinton is in the norm for a typical politician,” says Glenn Kessler, who runs Fact-Checker, while Trump “is just off the charts. There’s never been anyone like him, at least in the six years I have been doing this.”
One thing that CNN gets so wrong is how it literally pays surrogates of both campaigns to argue for their candidate at all cost. Some, like Corey Lewandowski, are still PAID by the damn Trump campaign himself. He cannot even say anything bad about Trump because he signed an agreement that does not allow him to do so! This video is so true:

A sad joke really.
Old 2016-10-18, 02:44   Link #974
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Yeah, like anyone on the left would use Nazi imagery...
The far left would do anything to paint Trump and his supporters as Nazis if it would help get Hillary in Office. Communism is only a different form of Nazism, after all.

Hillary could have committed murder, and everyone on the left would deny it, but Trump talking about how he would like his women (and how they would like him) is somehow crossing the line and blown out of immense proportions and everyone buys it, even those who claim they don't trust the mainstream media.

Quote:
We don't know who did it, but the local Democrats set up a GoFundMe to help with rebuilding the office and met their goal within 15 hours.
As if that somehow absolves the Democrats on the far left of any blame, assuming they're the ones behind this (directly or indirectly).
Old 2016-10-18, 05:51   Link #975
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Just spotted this video on realclearpolitics. One of my friends did say in the past that he got an offer to attend a rally in exchange for cash, but that's about all I know. Anyone able to corroborate?

I'm aware that O'Keefe has historically not been a credible source, and that there are a lot of ways to doctor video evidence and to fish for quotes out of context. I won't be surprised if politifact is already on the case with this one.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Old 2016-10-18, 08:27   Link #976
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
The far left would do anything to paint Trump and his supporters as Nazis if it would help get Hillary in Office. Communism is only a different form of Nazism, after all.

Despite what the myopic, lying Jonah Goldberg insists, Communism and Nazism are on the opposite ends of the spectrum.

Quote:
Hillary could have committed murder, and everyone on the left would deny it, but Trump talking about how he would like his women (and how they would like him) is somehow crossing the line and blown out of immense proportions and everyone buys it, even those who claim they don't trust the mainstream media.
Right and Trump actually saying that exact same thing doesn't come into question?

Quote:
As if that somehow absolves the Democrats on the far left of any blame, assuming they're the ones behind this (directly or indirectly).
As I said, NOBODY knows who did it, but the Nazi graffiti on the building next to it does give a hint...

Also, Trump's twitter reaction to it says an awful lot...
Old 2016-10-18, 10:40   Link #977
Jaden

If the O'Keefe tapes are a total ruse, I imagine they would be pretty easy for the media to debunk with some investigation of their own.

If all we get from the media is silence on the matter, that's how we'll kinda know the tapes are legit, right?
Old 2016-10-18, 11:09   Link #978
GDB

Not necessarily. O'Keefe's credibility is so low that most just completely ignore him.
Old 2016-10-18, 12:46   Link #979
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
I don't quite get the Trump connection. Do they support him beacuse he would give them support or subsidize industries that are at risk, like manufacturing? Trump is certainly not the most forward-looking candidate.
That's a head scratcher for a lot of people because he doesn't specifically talk about his economic plans. The little bit he talks about what he would do differently doesn't show how he intends to support the manufacturing industry and the jobs that were lost in globalization. His seven point plan doesn't address how it will help to revive the job lost in the manufacturing industry, let alone how he intends to enforce any of those promises without engaging in trade war, or an outright war. He doesn't address how US alone intends to stop globalization just by the virtue of not participating in it. The man himself employed foreign labor because it's cheap so how is he able to appeal to so many people with those vague promises?

Then again, I'm not an unemployed worker in the manufacturing industry who can be found in hundreds of thousand in number in states like Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, West Virginia,... where people are desperate. Those people sent their representative in congress and watched literally nothing happen for the past six years after GOP took control of the House, so their affinity for politician is not so great. And then comes along bombastic Trump who not only out there, but his TV personality made sure the camera would stay on him so he could reinforce the idea that he is not another politician. It worked! And here we are.
Old 2016-10-18, 15:56   Link #980
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
That's a head scratcher for a lot of people because he doesn't specifically talk about his economic plans. The little bit he talks about what he would do differently doesn't show how he intends to support the manufacturing industry and the jobs that were lost in globalization. His seven point plan doesn't address how it will help to revive the job lost in the manufacturing industry, let alone how he intends to enforce any of those promises without engaging in trade war, or an outright war. He doesn't address how US alone intends to stop globalization just by the virtue of not participating in it. The man himself employed foreign labor because it's cheap so how is he able to appeal to so many people with those vague promises?

Then again, I'm not an unemployed worker in the manufacturing industry who can be found in hundreds of thousand in number in states like Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, West Virginia,... where people are desperate. Those people sent their representative in congress and watched literally nothing happen for the past six years after GOP took control of the House, so their affinity for politician is not so great. And then comes along bombastic Trump who not only out there, but his TV personality made sure the camera would stay on him so he could reinforce the idea that he is not another politician. It worked! And here we are.
or could just be a simple case of the Middle finger to the rest of the country. These people feel they have been abandon and trump is their revenge to the "elites" who abandoned them.