AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-03-19, 16:27   Link #1521
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Agreed. The only light cruisers I have that are used in sorties are the 3 CLTs. And if you take out the T, they are just really incompetent ships...

I'm in the process of doing more 4-2 for the world 4 quest and my fleet has 3 CAs. It's working pretty well in terms of repair frequency. They rarely get one-shot to orange or red unless by the battleship in the boss node. Before that I tried the CLTs and they run out of steam after the first node or two. Lv 92 Kitakami too =_=
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 17:39   Link #1522
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

For me, CAs are just about entirely dependent on my setup (my highest leveled CA happens to be Atago, around level 43). With the right equipment they're just about able to hit a good FP stat (4 reds put the Takao-class at around 105-106), but I do take them along for sorties that I believe can put them in a situation that outclasses the need for a BB (like consumption), but something that can still take a hit. CAs have stats that make them really good for utility, and the usual things about utility include situational selections. So yes, it's all about preference in the end.

I always manage to find space for a CL (and that CL is usually Isuzu for her ASW stat) somewhere and sometimes they're just more useful than a CLT especially in sub-heavy maps where they don't have to sacrifice equipment slots and still keep a double-attack setup for non-sub maps. Just one Type-3 sonar/depth charge is enough; I can also keep them at double-attack setups. They're fragile as well but still have good enough evasion to really keep them at a good condition for night battle. Even in orange their double attacks still do great damage.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 18:01   Link #1523
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
... somewhere and sometimes they're just more useful than a CLT especially in sub-heavy maps where they don't have to sacrifice equipment slots and still keep a double-attack setup for non-sub maps...
Um, just want to point out that, technically you can use a CLT like a CL: just take off that midget sub

Their 139 base torpedo stat don't magically disappear and continues to make them broken powerful with double attack setup
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 18:20   Link #1524
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Also, they can hardly take a hit without getting red-zoned in both day and night battles due to being stuck in between CAs and DDs in terms of health, armor and evasion respectively. In pvp, I've almost never seen a CL survive into night battle after being targeted. The same could be said for the CLTs but the difference is that CLTs have extreme offensive capability to make up for it.

Lastly, and I think this is the one that draws the line between CAs and CLs, is that even with good base AA stat, they are still pretty vulnerable against CV heavy fleets due to their, again, mediocre health, armor and evasion, on top of their disadvantage of 1 less equipment slot and the inability to equip Type 3 Shells. DDs, at least, has high evasion, and even then they still aren't ideal for late game maps as those maps in general are littered with CVs all over the place, let alone CLs.
I wouldn't really take a DD over a CL for every possible situation. I frankly don't see "much more" evasion with DD than CL, with a difference not above 10 points between the 2 classes. So really, I see DD dropping in the red zone as often as CL, or even more often due to the even lower HP.

The other major problem with DD is that they just don't deal any damage during day battle (except Yuudachi for obvious reasons), and while CL don't exactly shine either, they can at least deal 20-30 damage on shelling phase on latter maps, unlike DD.

In general, CL and CA are just all rounders to me, which are used as a filling spot or route requirement. However, I see CL more flexible exactly because they provide ASW and night battle rampage without being as fragile as DD. It doesn't mean I consider CA completely inferior, but they have some sort of shortcoming (resources consumptions leading to expensive repairs).
And suffice to say, both classes aren't exactly giving an advantage whatsoever, hence why I'm pretty much stuck with BB CLT CV when it is applicable.
Old 2014-03-19, 18:38   Link #1525
RapidPotential

Quote:
Um, just want to point out that, technically you can use a CLT like a CL: just take off that midget sub

Their 139 base torpedo stat don't magically disappear and continues to make them broken powerful with double attack setup
I'm aware of that but that opening strike has proven to be very handy more often than not in cleaning up ships in non-sub nodes... Don't fix what's not broken, right?
Old 2014-03-19, 18:59   Link #1526
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
I'm aware of that but that opening strike has proven to be very handy more often than not in cleaning up ships in non-sub nodes... Don't fix what's not broken, right?
Well, I was merely responding to your statement about CLs being more useful than CLTs in sub maps...

My point was that, if you needed to replace the CLT with a CL because of the need to sacrifice an equipment slot for ASW, might as well give up the midget sub all together and keep the CLT's incredible night battle power

Of course, if there's any branching rules preventing you from using CLT (like 1-5) it's an whole other story.
Old 2014-03-19, 21:58   Link #1527
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
OTL I gave in to those dark urges and dabbled in LSC again last night. Silly me, I thought that RNG would be merciful since I hadn't done it for a while.

Aaaanyway, back down to 20k bauxite, so I'm going to have to build that up again, but on the bright side, at least it's going to regenerate naturally now. ^^; Hopefully I can push things back to over 45k before the event hits. Hopefully.
Old 2014-03-20, 01:55   Link #1528
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Advice for 南方海域珊瑚諸島沖の制空権を握れ!, the 5-2 boss with S wins? It's really hard to kill every single ship when I only have at most 3 night battle-capable ships because guaranteed boss node requires 3 carriers.
Old 2014-03-20, 02:25   Link #1529
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Advice for 南方海域珊瑚諸島沖の制空権を握れ!, the 5-2 boss with S wins? It's really hard to kill every single ship when I only have at most 3 night battle-capable ships because guaranteed boss node requires 3 carriers.
The usual BB+CTL method applies here, actually, though the important thing here is that your BB HAS to hit the node with enough health to matter, but then all your ships have to contribute. Really, RNG is your biggest enemy here, not the Himes.
Old 2014-03-20, 02:25   Link #1530
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
You have to rely on your carriers's raw firepower to take out at least 3 targets during the day.

Recommended composition:

A minimum of 1 BB and 1 CLT among the 3 ships of your choice. For better effectiveness, go with 1 BB 2 CLT.

For carriers, do not bother with getting total air superiority. Just go with just above 155 air power for air advantage and stuff everything else with attack planes.

Just for your reference, this is the fleet I used to grind 5-2 for rank back before 5-4 came out:

Flagship) Hiei K2 / Nagato - 46cm, 46cm, best radar available, Type 3 Shell/AP Shell
2) Zuikaku - Reppu, RyuuKai, RyuuKai, 12A
3) KTKM/Ooi - the usual
4) Poi/Shigure/Beppy - Replace this with CLT in your case.
5) Kaga - Ryuusei, Ryuusei, Reppu, 12A
6) Chito/Chiyo - Ryuusei, Reppu, Ryuusei, 12A

Air power is exactly 155.
The reasoning for a CV in position 2 is for an earlier chance to attack in the second round of shelling (before getting pwned) without giving up the first night battle attack to the boss.

If you're worried about T-crossing, then don't be shy to replace one of the Ryuusei on your CVL with a Saiun. Although keep in mind that you will lose the occasional protection of T-disadvantage on the goldfish node and FBB node if you bring Saiun.
Old 2014-03-20, 10:51   Link #1531
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

After reading this I guess the first thing that stands out is that I don't have a full loadout of the better planes. That explains why the CVs are more of a liability than anything else. My first S win on it was probably a fluke then.

Anyway, thanks. I'm gonna burn more resources and try to make better planes.
Old 2014-03-20, 11:39   Link #1532
RapidPotential

Cleared 1-5 today. Had some near-misses with the boss but got a couple of lucky breaks to make up for that.

I went on a crafting spree as well with my bauxite which hit cap, and got three Saiuns (Kaga as flagship, and which I don't really need, considering I was going for Reppus), two Type 3 sonars and one Type 93 sonar (Shigure as flagship). I especially love the type 3 hit because I tried 10/10/10/31 on a whim and that was the first thing that popped out! I tried several times after and got the other two sonars. I'm actually aiming to get more type 3s so I can phase out my 93s.

It's mostly about resource-gathering today and I already obtained 3k+ ammo and 2k+ fuel from dailies, weeklies and expeditions.
Old 2014-03-20, 23:30   Link #1533
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Dev twitter news:

Quote:
幾多の悲しい戦いから生還し、呉でその瞬間まで空を睨んだ高速戦艦姉妹の最後の生き残り…彼女も別のタイミ ングですが、さらなる改装が準備されています。彼女のパートナー提督の皆さん、お待たせしてすみません…も う少しだけお待ち頂ければと思います。
One word: Haruna

It won't be next week, but it's coming soon.
Old 2014-03-20, 23:37   Link #1534
RapidPotential

Quote:
Dev twitter news:

Oh god, my prayers are being answered! With this, Haruna will ironically become the first ship I will have failed to remodel at the first available level.
Old 2014-03-21, 00:00   Link #1535
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Thanks Lantern for the tip about 2nd position CV. That made all the difference. I was too paranoid and was giving up the flagship position for her, along with my first night battle attack. It seems that the 2nd position is not often hit either just like the flagship position.
Old 2014-03-21, 11:31   Link #1536
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Well damn. It's the first time I've ever finished the weekly quest line up to actually clearing the World 4-4 quest (which I cleared at the same time I did the 2 BBV fleet quest). Now the 5-2 quest is staring me in the face, and I'm more than a little worried. ^^; But that bauxite is so tempting.

Oh, and my Kitakami just hit 99. Just saying.
Old 2014-03-21, 13:42   Link #1537
kivredia

Quote:
Dev twitter news:

This literally made me fist pump and shout, my goddess finally gets what she deserves!
kivredia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 14:45   Link #1538
Cyprene

Tried to get in last night and failed.

How many days does it usually take?
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 20:36   Link #1539
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
Tried to get in last night and failed.

How many days does it usually take?
Depends. Achiuakuna took several weeks, if I remember right, while a few of us got in right away.
Old 2014-03-21, 20:46   Link #1540
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

The first few times when I failed was probably because I was doing it incorrectly. Basically, follow all the instructions on the wiki, set your time to Japan time, change the chrome exe to increase browser cache size, and clear the cache etc...

Also to avoid the technicalities, on the time I succeeded I refreshed every 6 minutes just to be safe, and I got it on the second refresh. No statistics on whether this is an actual thing, just my personal experience.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls