AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-14, 18:19   Link #21
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
The Picture of Dorian Gray... That was a good book. This guy drew a picture, found out he can't get old, only the picture gets old. He does a whole bunch of horrible things, and each time he does something bad the picture looks more horrible. Finally he can't stand the look of the picture and stabs it, killing himself at the same time. ^_^

I hope this anime is based on this... It looks so nice and gothic.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 20:48   Link #22
SKoRPioN9x
Om nom nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
The Picture of Dorian Gray... That was a good book. This guy drew a picture, found out he can't get old, only the picture gets old. He does a whole bunch of horrible things, and each time he does something bad the picture looks more horrible. Finally he can't stand the look of the picture and stabs it, killing himself at the same time. ^_^

I hope this anime is based on this... It looks so nice and gothic.
Well if the anime IS based on that, then thanks for the spoilers. :P
SKoRPioN9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 22:29   Link #23
lordwu

Episode 1 raw has been out for a few days. Hopefully we get to see a subbed version soon.
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 22:45   Link #24
LK_LoA

I loved this promo more than the Innocence one! I seen some screenshots. There's a monster in it? I hope the monster is more metaphorical rather than literal. And please no vampires.... they suck. =P
LK_LoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 23:17   Link #25
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

i love animes about the supernatural and paranormal, can't wait to get this
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 18:15   Link #26
Ori

Anyone seen the first ep yet?

*edited grammatical error by Ori

Last edited by Ori; 2004-04-15 at 18:54.
Old 2004-04-15, 18:17   Link #27
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
Anyone SEEN the first ep yet?
Been downloading for a couple hours. Still 3 to go. Hasn't been a very fast torrent.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 18:22   Link #28
MJS
Clone

I've seen it and really liked it. It Has a nice atmosphere.. but I won't say more check it out for yourself.
MJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 19:53   Link #29
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Have anyone checked out the NLA version here???
Hao Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 20:09   Link #30
oDin01

Started watching this has a creepy feel to it. Haven't seen an anime like this in a while. Looks very interesting so far.

The first episode is 37 minutes so it might take a while do DL.

EDIT: The show reminded me of Soul Taker a little to much for the dark theme and palattes used. Great animation and music. Might be tempted to pick up the R2's for the OVA.

Last edited by oDin01; 2004-04-15 at 20:35.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 20:17   Link #31
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK_LoA
I loved this promo more than the Innocence one! I seen some screenshots. There's a monster in it? I hope the monster is more metaphorical rather than literal. And please no vampires.... they suck. =P
I like the pun ^^
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 23:18   Link #32
kanazuchi

Send a message via AIM to kanazuchi
Wow, werd to the wise: Do not watch this show on any sort of hallucinogenic, you might have a bit of a bad trip... Other than that, I havn't had an anime bring that kinda of feeling through me in a while. What feeling that is though I dont know.
kanazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 23:21   Link #33
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
I cant even pretend to know what this was about... amazing eye candy though. And the music was great.. but then I expected nothing less from Kajiura Yuki
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 00:39   Link #34
babbito2k
annoying white bat

This is easily the show I liked the least this spring. It would have been nice if some characters had shown up in the midst of all the unpleasantness. As it was I couldn't get interested in them and so didn't care what-all was going on. The music was very nice but my eyes glazed over after 10 minutes of phony mysterioso whatsit and creepy whispering. I was hoping the damn glass would shatter after awhile.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 00:55   Link #35
Ori

Really? I loved the anime. It was so artistic. I love how it was done, I didn't find it too confusing, oddly.

I think this is something that stands out, not generic like a whole bunch of other anime out there right now, they are good, mind you, but they are generic, they are all the same. This is special. I have to admit I don't get the same kind of enjoyment as I would with other anime, but this I still enjoyed it.

The music was great and it was generally refreshing.
Old 2004-04-16, 01:11   Link #36
SassyRobot

eeww creeepy...and that poor guy...

Yeah it's nice to see something different i think I'll be watching the next 2 OVAs. It seems interesting and i want to see what the heck's gonna happen! The music is pretty good too, as you guys have mentioned.
SassyRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 04:16   Link #37
hyper200092
The One That Hardly Posts

This anime was different from the usual anime. I enjoyed it. But one thing, some parts in the OVA gave me goosebumps and literally made my hair stand up (no clue how that happened). What I didn't like was the first 10 minutes of this OVA. In my opinion, it was so boring. I was about to stop it but decided to keep watching. Good thing I did . Anyone else think the first 10 minutes was boring?
hyper200092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 07:15   Link #38
Rion
Ramune~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneManArmy
The Only proble is the big grammar mistake in the title, it should be read Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, since Cossette is a girl. Is that how the japanese spelled it?
_And_ I think the spelling of "Cossette" is... unusual. Has anybody read "Les Misérables" by Victor Hugo? The daughter of Jean Valjean is called "Cosette" with only one "s", while "Cossette" is more a family name...

Btw, personally, I like the atmosphere, the BGM and the gothic/lolita-style in this OVA ^^ (but I don't really like the characters - Eiri is a little bit too... dumb, and Cossette too selfish)
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 07:39   Link #39
saku~ya
la~li~lo

Hmmm what can I say...it was denfinitely :interesting: I can't compare it to anything because this is the first time that I have watched this type of anime. I won't lie, I was confused in some parts of the episode. Cossette looks like she had a rough life not to mention Eiri as well he thinks he's going crazy. I really should have watched this at night, stinking glare on the computer ~_~

Though I do think my friend would enjoy something like this. He always goes for the kind of stuff. I wouldn't have this on my list of favorite new anime, though I will stick through it since its only 3 OVA's long. Who knows, my opinion may change when I see all of it.

One thing I don't disagree on is that the music is very well done. It sets the mood of it, an does it very well.
saku~ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 09:30   Link #40
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Very good music for sure, and suits the scenes a lot. I do wonder which Orlando is it that mentioned in the show...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote