AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have a sport in the winter?!?
Skiing 11 28.95%
Snowboarding!!! 10 26.32%
Other 8 21.05%
No i hate snow! > 9 23.68%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-11-05, 13:03   Link #21
SirJeannot
AT Field

as u guessed, i am an early snowboarder

i practiced a lot ski, before have the occasion to try snowboard once. since then i've never wanted to put on skis again

that's my happiness in life, i wait all the time to go snowboarding ... what i do at least twice a year.

eh come to think of it, i've got a video of one my recent crashes ... wanna see it?
Old 2003-11-05, 17:06   Link #22
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

I went skiing twice (once when I was in elementary school, and once when I was in high school) and I really like it! Ah! That reminds me a lot of fun!

I would like to go skiing again!!! But I have no money...T_T...

SirJeannot > Dozo
Old 2003-11-05, 17:46   Link #23
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Snowboarding!

Never skiied or snowed before last year... Ended up moving near the Poconos (US east coast mountains in Pennsylvania) for 8 months or so (cheap rent) and the snow season fell in the middle of those months. Bought myself a mountain season pass and a snowboard and never looked back. well actually.. i was looking back up the hill several times after a pretty bad fall to see where all my equipment fell off me (gloves, scully, ski googles, boots, snowboard.. u know)...

first day of snowboarding was hell. my friend and i were newbies and we thought we could figure out how to do it without help. i mean cmon... u stand on a board and u slide down.. how hard can it be!? my friend was a good skier and he thought he and i could figure it out.. it was one of the most painful 3 hrs of my life. i fell in every which way possible... i even did a 720 flip crash and spun a good 15 yards down the hill one time. as i was lying on the ground trying to recover, this really nice elderly couple snowboarded their way towards me to check up on me and make sure i was okay. then they suggested i take a lesson or two before i continue because they witnessed my fall and thought i needed it. my friend was also fed up w/ falling on his bum so many times so after a quick break for lunch, we promptly signed up for snowboarding lesson... and the first thing they taught us was... how to fall properly...

after several trips, i am an okay snowboarder... i still fall but only because i am trying out new stuff. and it's not as painful as that first day (thank god). anyway... yeah, snowboarding is mad fun and u should try it!!! but uhhh... don't be cheap and take a lesson or two first. u won't regret it.
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 17:55   Link #24
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
well i've been skiiing since i was like 4 for fun. last year i tried snowboarding... it's fun but hard until you learn how to stay up.... o yeah... that reminds me.... falling alot in the same place even if it isn't that hard of a fall hurts......
fenrihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 19:07   Link #25
z-kun
baka!

Was skier before but ever since i put on the snowboard 4 years ago, never stepped on a ski again. It is just heaven* Seasons up very soon - can't wait. Snowboarding can be learned very fast - I learned in 2 weeks up to the point i was able to descend a medium slope without problems.

{ *even if i broke one arm at stunt-jumps }
Old 2003-11-05, 19:22   Link #26
SirJeannot
AT Field

p41|\|

i felt very very bad after that. i had nothing, just a small pain in the chest because of my ... phone (its battery poped out btw)
my glasses were blown away so i had to do the 3 remaining days without glasses ... quite frustrating :cry:
Old 2003-11-05, 20:02   Link #27
MTB{SOLO}
*Stares*Gimme!~o_O

Send a message via AIM to MTB{SOLO} Send a message via MSN to MTB{SOLO} Send a message via Yahoo to MTB{SOLO}
I first went snowboarding around 12 years ago ~oO back when a lot of places wouldnt allow it. Right now the 'ol board (not too old) is in storage but will probobly come out this year cause a friend wants me to take her........total newbie that should be a laugh ~>_<

Edit: SirJeannot, that looked painful but hilarious XD
MTB{SOLO} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 21:34   Link #28
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

I went skiing once and was soooo paranoid cuz I'm afraid of heights (fell off 2nd floor when I was a kid)... so since I was a noob... I just practiced for a bit with one of the instructors there... they were trying to teach us how to stop and stuff... I figured I can try to at least conquer the bunny slopes... well anyways... before I could learn how to stop with the skiis... a few of my friends came cruising by and dragged me onto the steep slope... here I am kicking and screaming... they are just laughing at me... and then they push me over the edge... I almost had a heart attack (have a weak heart... can't even go on roller coasters)... so here I am going straight down the slope really fast and my arms are waving up and down like you see it in some of the anime (most especially Azumanga Daioh)... and I start going off sideways... I tried to straighten it out but it wouldn't go... probably because I'm a noob and a moron and too freaked out to do anything... so what happens? I see a big @#@$! tree that I'm headed straight into... at the last minute as I'm about to hit the tree straight on at a really fast speed... I somehow miraculously move to the left a little and the branches scratched up my arm but I didn't hit the tree... I lost balance... and started rolling the rest of the way down the slope till I stopped. Needless to say... my friends felt really bad... though they still laughed cuz they said I looked funny with my arms waving up and down and screaming like a mad woman... it was a funny sight I'm sure and I'd laugh too... of course if it wasn't for the fact that it was ME.

So did I ever get back on the slopes? HELLLLL NOOOOO! That experienced traumatized me and I was never brave enough to go back.

Dam good thing no one has pictures of it or had a camcorder... would of been embarassing...
PiGGiEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 22:02   Link #29
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Me lives in Brazil, we don't have snow here
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 22:18   Link #30
Asura
should i stay longer?

Send a message via MSN to Asura
back when i was in Seattle I'd go ski every whenever it snows.. can't say I'm a pro, but I really like it.. Tried to board too, but still...I like ski better.

but, if there's anything I really like that sorta relates to winter activities... snow ball fight... tuck-roll-throw-duck~

SirJ, OUCH!
Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 22:41   Link #31
Silent Spring
Sealab Captain

Snow ball fights are hecka fun, until we grew older and became stronger, now it really hurts, nowwe have to be like 30 meters away for it to actually be fun instead of painful ... I wish we still had weak girly throws in snowball fights.

Also sleding is still always fun, I have some great memories from when I lived in Canada, once me and a friend build a lot of small snow men on the hill and I had one of those sleds that you can turn with the stearing wheel, and we rode down the hill trying to run down as many of the snowmen as we could (keep in mind this was before Grand Theft Auto came out, and this was the way kids could release their great urge to run down people without actually running down someone, back then.... come to think of it, I think we actually did run over someone with that sled... good times)
Silent Spring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 22:49   Link #32
SnowBoarder

I dont think i even have to say....................but i will. Snowboarding is the coolest thing ever. I'm almost 14 years old and i started skiing when i was 4. Skiing used to be one of my favorite things ever. I was a black dimond skiier, and I skiied untill i turned 10 and grew a brain and decided to snowboard. My first time ever i had a board that was way too big, my boots were 3 sizes too big, my board was chipped all over. I sucked like hell. I couldn't really turn well at all so i could only do the bunny slopes cause even if u go straight ur still going slow. Even though I sucked alot i still had an ok time. The only reason why i decided to snowboard again was because this was the first thing that I haven't mastered the first time that i tried it, so that sorta pissed me off that i wasn't great the first time i tried it. It took me about 2 more times to be an ok boarder, and when I became ok I had about 10 times more fun than skiing even though i was a 10 times better skiier. I just really liked snowboarding for a while, I didn't think that it was the best thing ever...................until I discovered the terrain park. The terrain park is the best place on earth ever!!!!!! Now I'm a double black dimond boarder, and it is the best thing in my life.

Sirjeannot, i've done that same exact thing. Some stupid kid was laying in my way and I wouldda hit him if i had landed correctly. My friend got it on tape and i looked the same exact way as u did.

Asura, u watch dexters lab. i've seen that episode like 5 times.

Last edited by SnowBoarder; 2003-11-05 at 23:20.
SnowBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 23:39   Link #33
Asura
should i stay longer?

Send a message via MSN to Asura
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBoarder
Asura, u watch dexters lab. i've seen that episode like 5 times.
pretty much so...like..20 times already.. i think..
hmm.. black diamonds? .. double black diamonds is the most I'd go.. damn those moguls..
Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-05, 23:50   Link #34
Esperchld
Photographer

snow is such sweet bliss. I love snow and I love the cold that brings it. However, I don't ski or snowboard. I hike and take pictures in it though (just like I do in all other climates). However, I am always willing to learn to do either . Now just bring me my snow.
Esperchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-06, 13:19   Link #35
SirJeannot
AT Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBoarder
Sirjeannot, i've done that same exact thing. Some stupid kid was laying in my way and I wouldda hit him if i had landed correctly. My friend got it on tape and i looked the same exact way as u did.
i am the only one to blame. i simply jump sideway to early ...
eh, the other kick was closed and i wasn't used to that one :O