AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-02, 04:00   Link #801
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Well, I think that mentioning about ISML is not a legit reason to prove that you prefer Eru to win more than Toki. Because ISML doesn't have Toki or any Saki girls in the main round. So, it's possible to think that you may ask people to vote for Toki in ISML too if she is in the tournament. In this AST, it has both Eru and Toki but you actually show your support for Toki in your sig instead. That's why it's hard to believe that you prefer Eru over Toki. Just my 2 cents.
That doesn't mean I'm NBS though since I DO have other girls that I wanna support for. What I'm trying to bring across here is no matter what Saimoe tourney I join I'll support Eru. Those are the only 2 Saimoe tourney I participated.

I was so happy when Eru topped her group in the prelims. If I weren't supportive of her I wouldn't be THAT happy about it.

What I'm saying is just out of the entire Saki girls I mainly only root for Toki that's all just in case people think I'm NBS cos you know people think there's like no difference between NBS and AMB?
__________________
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」

Last edited by KanbeKotori; 2013-09-02 at 05:22. Reason: correcting typo
KanbeKotori is offline  
Old 2013-09-02, 05:17   Link #802
Wanderer
Goat
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gnawing away at Rokkenjima
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Your sig says otherwise, bro. Change it or I'm not convinced.

Especially not since you barely mentioned her half as much as you mentioned Toki, let alone singled out any faction or character you wanted to win that wasn't Saki or Toki, respectively. Especially during this recent exchange of ours. Until I brought up this point.
Spoiler for Posts from before this fight started:
------------------

So, last match's results were:
Picks 2-1, Predictions 4-0
Bringing my running totals to:
Picks 18-10, Predictions 29-7

D01
Yui Kotegawa @ To Love Ru: <<古手川唯@To LOVEる -とらぶる- ダークネス>>
Crestia Bell @ Hataraku Maou-sama!: <<鎌月鈴乃(クレスティア・ベル)@はたらく魔王さま!>>
Kotori Minami @ Love Live!: <<南ことり@ラブライブ!>>
Manami Tamura @ Ore No Imouto Ga Konna Ni Kawaii Wake Ga Nai: <<田村麻奈実@俺の妹がこんなに可愛いわけがない。>>

D04
Hanayo Koizumi @ Love Live!: <<小泉花陽@ラブライブ!>>
Asia Argento @ High School DxD: <<アーシア・アルジェント@ハイスクールDD>>
Himeko Inaba @ Kokoro Connect: <<稲葉姫子@ココロコネクト>>

Kokoro connect really deserves to be a contender...

D07
Yuka Uchida @ Minami-ke: <<内田ユカ@みなみけ ただいま>>
Regina @ Doki Doki! Pretty Cure: <<レジーナ@ドキドキ!プリキュア>>
Takami Shibuya @ Saki: <<渋谷尭深@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>

No pick.

D10
Misaki Shokuhou @ A Certain Magical Index: <<食蜂操祈@とある科学の超電磁砲S>>
Nasuno Takamiya @ Teekyuu: <<高宮なすの@てーきゅう>>
Touka Yatogami @ Date A Live: <<夜刀神十香@デート・ア・ライブ>>
Wanderer is offline  
Old 2013-09-02, 05:40   Link #803
zato_1one
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
That doesn't mean I'm NBS though since I DO have other girls that I wanna support for. What I'm trying to bring across here is no matter what Saimoe tourney I join I'll support Eru. Those are the only 2 Saimoe tourney I participated.

I was so happy when Eru topped her group in the prelims. If I weren't supportive of her I wouldn't be THAT happy about it.

What I'm saying is just out of the entire Saki girls I mainly only root for Toki that's all just in case people think I'm NBS cos you know people think there's like no difference between NBS and AMB?
I don't mean to say that your are AMB or NBS or whatever. My point is that I just don't feel that you want Eru to win more than Toki. That's all.
__________________
zato_1one is offline  
Old 2013-09-02, 06:43   Link #804
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I don't mean to say that your are AMB or NBS or whatever. My point is that I just don't feel that you want Eru to win more than Toki. That's all.
Again that's not their point.

For your point, lets face the fact. No matter what Eru is not gonna beat Toki or anyone with a voter base like Madoka. Since I love the 2 girls, I'd go for the one who can win right? If Eru is up against some girl I'm neutral with I'll support Eru.
__________________
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
KanbeKotori is offline  
Old 2013-09-02, 09:40   Link #805
ion475
にこにこにー
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 国立音ノ木坂学院
Surprise still no one has post the result...

And yes, we have yet another tie.

Spoiler for Day 10:


With that, I'm now 33-7 (3-1 for this round). Like I said before everything start, Saki lower-tier girls never get past 1st round anyway, and it shows.

Onto next round. Compare to yesterday the matchup are a little bit stronger today. Can TOSHINO KYOUKO revenge her loss last year? Saki has not look anywhere close to they were last year, especially for lower tier girls. The fact that you do have 2 more Saki girls around in other match may hurt TOSHINO KYOUKO, though.

There's D02 also, but Niku is a tier above Hinata (RKB in general is not as strong as they could be while Niku is far and away Haganai's #1). Poor Mao-buchou, extremely moe but completely unknown.

Oh well...
D02: Pick: Mao, Predict: Niku. Mao has no chance either way. Hinata is moe but I just don't see her having enough votes to get past Niku. OH well, here hoping for another tie b/t Hinata and Niku.
D05: Pick/Predict: Ryuuka. Her only opponent is Tamao and she's nowhere close to Nyaruko/Kuuko level.
D08: Pick/Predict: TOSHINO KYOUKO!!!!!!!!
D11: Pick/Predict: Arata. Not that she's that strong, just that I don't see either of her opponents even close to Arata's level.
__________________

Last edited by ion475; 2013-09-02 at 20:15.
ion475 is offline  
Old 2013-09-02, 10:07   Link #806
Triple_R
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 37
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Great to see the Love Live! girls continue to do well!

I think that's 4 out of 5 that have won or tied a first round match so far? Kind of ironic that Maki, definitely the most popular LL! girl here on Anime Suki, was the one that lost so far.

Koromo Amae vs. Kyouko Toshino should be interesting. If Koromo wins this, then perhaps the Saki girls haven't declined as much as we thought. But if she loses, then perhaps Saki really has declined a lot.
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2013-09-02, 10:17   Link #807
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Not very happy with the results. Oh well.

My votes for today

<<袴田ひなた@ロウきゅーぶ!>>
<<清水谷竜華@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
<<天江衣@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
<<鷺森灼@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>

D05 is not a good group to vote.
__________________
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
KanbeKotori is offline  
Old 2013-09-02, 10:27   Link #808
Team Rocket Elite
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Kotori wins with less trouble than I thought she would. Asia ties for first place but I didn't think it would be Hanayo that challenged her. I guess sharing a match day with Kotori may have helped. I called Yuka to beat Takami but Takami did worse than I expected and finished in last. Unlike Saki fans, Railgun fans know how to support their low screentime characters. Shokuhou Misaki easily wins her match. I was wrong to think her preliminary performance was inflated. Misaki was pretty cool in what little screentime she did have so I look forward to seeing what she can do when so starts to do more.

Matches: D02 D05 D08 D11

Hinata running into Sena in Round 1 is a bit unfortunate. Hinata would make the second round fairly easily in a more average group. She's got a chance to beat Sena but Sena losing Round 1 is a waste as well. Ryuuka wins the next match without too much issue. Even if Saki characters are weaker this year, Tamao isn't strong enough to capitalise on it. Koromo vs Kyouko is one of the biggest matches of Round 1. I probably would have said this if Saki hadn't declined. Toshinou Kyouko is a character that should be getting to a Block semifinal at the very least with a strong chance to advance to the Block final. Koromo probably isn't at that level anymore so Kyouko should win. Even if Arata has lost a step, her opponents aren't strong enough to win.

Votes:
Kashiwazaki Sena
Shimizudani Ryuuka
Amae Koromo
Shiina Minatsu

Predictions:
Kashiwazaki Sena
Shimizudani Ryuuka
Toshinou Kyouko
Sagimori Arata
__________________
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Team Rocket Elite is offline  
Old 2013-09-02, 10:29   Link #809
Aya Reiko
Cutengu
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Shameimaru's lap
Spoiler for The Big Board:


Guessing...
Meat, Ryuuka, Kyouko, and Arata
__________________
Aya Reiko is offline  
Old 2013-09-02, 10:32   Link #810
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
37-3, very unhappy about Regina's loss.

Prediction- Sena, Ryuuka, TOSHINO KYOUKO, Arata
Pick- Hinata, Tamao, TOSHINO KYOUKO, Nadeshiko
Ichuki is offline  
Old 2013-09-02, 20:43   Link #811
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Under the piercing blue sky
Not much to say about the results, I haven't seen Lovelive!, so I don't know any of their girls. The old rival factions from 2012 square off again in Koromo vs Kyouko. This might be an interesting match.

Picks:
Sena Kashiwazaki @ Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai
N/A
Kyouko Toshinou @ Yuru Yuri
Nadeshiko Oomuro @ Yuru Yuri
__________________
Coldlight is offline  
Old 2013-09-03, 05:52   Link #812
Wanderer
Goat
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gnawing away at Rokkenjima
So, last match's results were:
Picks 1-2, Predictions 3-1
Bringing my running totals to:
Picks 19-12, Predictions 32-8

D02
Hinata Hakamada @ Ro-Kyu-Bu!: <<袴田ひなた@ロウきゅーぶ!>>
Sena Kashiwazaki @ Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai: <<柏崎星奈@僕は友達が少ないNEXT>>
Mao Amatsuka @ GJ-bu: <<天使真央@GJ部>>

D05
Ryuuka Shimizudani @ Saki: <<清水谷竜華@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
Yae Kobashiri @ Saki: <<小走やえ@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
Tamao Kurei @ Haiyore! Nyarlko-san: <<暮井珠緒@這いよれ! ニャル子さんW>>

D08
Koromo Amae @ Saki: <<天江衣@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
Kyouko Toshinou @ Yuru Yuri: <<歳納京子@ゆるゆり♪♪>>
Momo Kawashima @ Girls Und Panzer: <<河嶋桃@ガールズ&パンツァー>>

D11
Nadeshiko Oomuro @ Yuru Yuri: <<大室撫子@ゆるゆり♪♪>>
Arata Sagimori @ Saki: <<鷺森灼@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
Minatsu Shiina @ Seitokai No Ichizon: <<椎名深夏@生徒会の一存 Lv.2>>

Last edited by Wanderer; 2013-09-04 at 04:57.
Wanderer is offline  
Old 2013-09-03, 06:22   Link #813
BloodyKitty
Blue Rose Swordman
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I think Kyouko is currently having fake votes, not sure about Koromo. If that so, this match should be pretty close. Expect less than 10 vote difference as result.
__________________
The fact that you cry
The fact that you lose your temper
The fact that you get angry
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline  
Old 2013-09-03, 06:28   Link #814
Team Rocket Elite
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Matches: D03 D06 D09 D12

Strong potential for Rika to take out Saki here. Although Saki looked better in preliminaries, I think her strength has changed in the main tournament. Saki is probably more likely to win but I'll side with Rika winning. Komari seemed decently strong while her opponents struggled in the preliminaries so I have Komari winning. Should be an easy win for Tomoka in the third match. Awai won't have the strength to compete. Saori is the favourite in the last match. GnP mains aren't weak enough to lose to Nao and Minko.

Votes:
Miyanaga Saki
Kamikita Komari
Oohoshi Awai
Midorikawa Nao (Cure March)

Predictions:
Shiguma Rika
Kamikita Komari
Minato Tomoka
Takebe Saori
__________________
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Team Rocket Elite is offline  
Old 2013-09-03, 07:36   Link #815
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
For the first time I managed to predict the winners of all matches of the day correctly for 3 days straight. As a result my total is: Predictions 31-9, Picks 19-15.

For D02 match, it's a tough battle between Sena and Hinata since they are equally matched. Both gained almost exactly the same number of votes in the first preliminaries and in last year's tournament they both reached the group finals. Hinata should have better chance since the new Ro-Kyu-Bu season is currently airing and so she's my prediction and pick.

For D05 match, it's most likely going to be an easy win for Ryuuka who is my prediction and pick.

For D08 match, it's a tough battle between Koromo and Kyouko. I'd feel sorry for Kyouko if she loses again in Round 1 by a Saki character like last year. I think Kyouko has a better chance this year so she's my prediction but I still prefer Koromo so she's my pick.

For D11 match, it's most likely going to be an easy win for Arata who is my prediction and pick.
AP24 is offline  
Old 2013-09-03, 09:15   Link #816
Subayai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Spoiler for results:


Toshinou Kyouko wins the duel with Koromo while Ryuuka gets the highest vote tally with 322 votes, surpassing Homura's 293.

Very high participation today (for this year's standards of course): 598 voters. That's less than the 27 of August (Homura's match day) with 615 voters. However, the Kyouko vs Koromo match gets 592 votes, more than Homura vs Nanoha (582 votes).
Subayai is offline  
Old 2013-09-03, 09:34   Link #817
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subayai View Post
Spoiler for results:


Toshinou Kyouko wins the duel with Koromo while Ryuuka gets the highest vote tally with 322 votes, surpassing Homura's 293.

Very high participation today (for this year's standards of course): 598 voters. That's less than the 27 of August (Homura's match day) with 615 voters. However, the Kyouko vs Koromo match gets 592 votes, more than Homura vs Nanoha (582 votes).
Shit results. Hinata and other gang loses.

My votes for today. Probably none will make it to the next round >.>

<<宮永咲@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
<<押水菜子@劇場版 花咲くいろは HOME SWEET HOME>>
<<大星淡@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
<<鶴来民子@劇場版 花咲くいろは HOME SWEET HOME>>
__________________
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
KanbeKotori is offline  
Old 2013-09-03, 10:16   Link #818
Aya Reiko
Cutengu
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Shameimaru's lap
Spoiler for The Big Board:


Could this be another "Meaty" year with the likes of Sena and Mami having strong starts?

Guessing...
Saki, Komari, Tomoka, & Saori
__________________
Aya Reiko is offline  
Old 2013-09-03, 10:58   Link #819
Triple_R
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 37
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, I guess that everybody who likes typing out Kyouko Toshinou's name in all-caps should be happy now.

Looking over Block D, I think Kyouko now has a good chance of going to the Block finals.

I hope that Saki wins her match, but given that older Saki characters don't seem to be doing all that well in this tournament, I have my doubts she will. In fact, that's a real division I'm seeing this year - Ryuuka and Arata both did quite well in their matches, and all of the more important Achiga-hen girls have won their matches so far. Its the old-timers that seem to have weakened the most, considering Captain barely won against weak competition and Tacos lost.
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2013-09-03, 11:03   Link #820
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
41-3, glad to see TOSHINOU KYOUKO passing round 1.

Predictions- Saki, Komari, Mokkan, Saori
Picks- Kuzuha, Komari, Mokkan, Nao
Ichuki is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.