AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-25, 17:03   Link #321
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

For all question here just wait school life just wait.... some actual shojo-ai ...just wait .... If the studio did not yet cut scene... --'

Spoiler for example:

brief for Kouko past if I understood she made ​​a mistake when she set the bomb, and this error has detonated the bomb sooner than expected ... so kill Irena-senpai... and now she want begin quick a real assassin... but she fail again
Old 2014-04-25, 17:31   Link #322
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

At the very least, I did enjoy Kouko's ED song this episode. Nice to see each assassin getting their own character song for the EDs.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 17:49   Link #323
HandofFate

haven't been paying enough attention to the ED.
along with the different ending, is the voice actor for the character singing the song as well?
Old 2014-04-25, 17:51   Link #324
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
For all question here just wait school life just wait.... some actual shojo-ai ...just wait .... If the studio did not yet cut scene... --'

Spoiler for example:

brief for Kouko past if I understood she made ​​a mistake when she set the bomb, and this error has detonated the bomb sooner than expected ... so kill Irena-senpai... and now she want begin quick a real assassin... but she fail again
Not what the scene looked like to me.
To me it looked more like Irena got sick of it all and detonated the bomb herself, and that that was also the reason for her quote.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 18:22   Link #325
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I do wonder if Irena did get killed by an accident or because she intentionally set off the bomb. My gut was the latter, since she didn't seem to love the business. Maybe she figured that it would also push Kouko to finally quit and do something she's more suited for. Would make sense with how she had Kouko run off.

Honestly I don't get Kouko that much period. If she didn't want to be an assassin...how about quitting? It's not like anyone would care that much since she wasn't that good at it anyways. Maybe she wanted to make up her mistake for Irena by getting the job done right once and then quitting...but even then.

I almost want Haru to get assassinated at times. I mean someone drops a notice saying they are going to kill you and bomb your fridge. I believe caution is something that might be an intelligent plan. When she asked Tokaku what she was doing tonight I have expected a reply of "keeping you alive!"

I do think they have too many assassins. They really need at least a couple episodes per assassin. As it stands trying to cram the backstory, assassination attempt, and some sort of character development for Haru and Tokaku is going to be too much.
Old 2014-04-25, 18:34   Link #326
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Not what the scene looked like to me.
To me it looked more like Irena got sick of it all and detonated the bomb herself, and that that was also the reason for her quote.
Maybe... I think that for my theorie because the bomb has a timer so that a bomb has triggered a Presice time ... but it is true that the bomb under a car so it was probably a bomb that triggers after a movement (opening a door ) if yes then agree with you, maybe yes Irena itself trigger the bomb and kill it ... If this is the case ... it's a shame for Kouko who feels responsible for his death believing that it has probably made ​​a mistake with the bomb
Old 2014-04-25, 18:52   Link #327
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
To be fair to Haru, I think she has the right approach when she doesn't have a current assassination notice put out against her.

When you don't have that going on, take it easy. Relax. Have fun. As much as you can of course. Shoot the breeze with your classmates and try to get on their good side. Who knows? Maybe you actually can emotionally appeal to another one of these assassins, and make them go soft on you. It's extremely unlikely, but hey, Haru's right about how Tokaku herself proves it's not impossible.

But once you receive that assassination notice, it's siege mentality time. Bunker down and take absolutely minimum risk for the next 48 hours. I don't know if I'd even shower for that 48 hour period if it was me in her shoes.

But no, Haru wants to go off on some whimsical treasure hunt while she has an assassination notice put on her. I mean... what can you say about this, really?
Old 2014-04-25, 18:55   Link #328
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Honestly I don't get Kouko that much period. If she didn't want to be an assassin...how about quitting? It's not like anyone would care that much since she wasn't that good at it anyways. Maybe she wanted to make up her mistake for Irena by getting the job done right once and then quitting...but even then.
Kouko isn't an self-employed assassin like some of the other girls seem to be

The assassination organization Kouko is in isn't like a regular company, she can't just quit. Its an orphanage that takes in kids and trains them to be assassins. If she tries to run away, they probably hunt her down.

So her wish would be being able to quit being an assassin and not have the organization hunt her down.
Old 2014-04-25, 19:18   Link #329
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Kouko isn't an self-employed assassin like some of the other girls seem to be

The assassination organization Kouko is in isn't like a regular company, she can't just quit. Its an orphanage that takes in kids and trains them to be assassins. If she tries to run away, they probably hunt her down.

So her wish would be being able to quit being an assassin and not have the organization hunt her down.
It doesn't seem like the organization would care that much. I don't see anything that stated they wouldn't prefer just letting her walk than continuing to waste resources employing her. Not like they like her or think she's any good at it. Honestly just set her place to explode and they'll probably think she got herself killed.

Her wish was obvious, I just don't believe it was remotely necessary.
Old 2014-04-25, 19:38   Link #330
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
But once you receive that assassination notice, it's siege mentality time. Bunker down and take absolutely minimum risk for the next 48 hours. I don't know if I'd even shower for that 48 hour period if it was me in her shoes.

But no, Haru wants to go off on some whimsical treasure hunt while she has an assassination notice put on her. I mean... what can you say about this, really?
I think it's more of a statement how Haru refuses to play the game Nio and whatever organization set up.

She won't let herself die, but she doesn't want to become an assassin like the rest of the girls are.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 19:46   Link #331
Galacticichi

Kouko's story may end up the most ridiculous one. She was raised in an organization that trains assassins. It was apparent she was a failure and her peers called her clumsy and more importantly, her senpai tells her she may not be cut out for it. Then, on a job/test she fails and her senpai dies leading cops to question the church.

From there I thought "Aren't they going to kill her?" because that's what any sensible organization would do with an utter failure that "caused" a competent assassin's death.

If Irena killed herself then she set Kouko up and must've not cared about what their organization would do to Kouko. I don't think she killed herself despite the glaring death flag since she didn't seem so heartless.

The organizations keeps her alive for whatever reason and sends her to Black Class so that she can prove herself? The manga was much less convoluted.

It's sad and disappointing when Irena's death was the most interesting thing about this episode because it was thought provoking. Kouko wasn't a good/entertaining opponent for Tokaku and Haru. Almost felt like she half-assed this assassination, I guess she really did suck.
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 20:46   Link #332
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
haven't been paying enough attention to the ED.
along with the different ending, is the voice actor for the character singing the song as well?
I believe so. IIRC, Otoya took up the ED last week for her episode with her own song too.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 00:13   Link #333
GundamZZ
残念美人

When did organization turn out to be church?! Now, people may started worried about YMCA or YWCA. No one expect to send his/her kids to summer camp, and it turns out to be an assassin boot camp. Actually, I just finished read a manga. That manga also depcits the church as a secret assassin organization.

The ending song is nice. I guess this anime is another anime with a lot of record companies' sponsorship. As long the music is good, I have no complain.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 01:16   Link #334
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

A conceptually interesting series, but the episode count really makes it hard to focus on the assassins and give them some proper background. We're probably just going to have an "assassin of the week" kind of episode for a while, until the finale. But as it stands, they're all very forgettable characters (of course, having so little background, how could we care for them?)

The hunting phase being so short also reduces the thrilling, since the assassin gets a couple attempts, and there's not time to build tension (in addition you know they aren't going to succeed, at least not anytime soon).

Finally, so far the huntings have both had unintentional comedy, the scissors plus Tokaku's denseness in episode 3, Haru's night trip in episode 4. I guess it's from the source material, but the way it is adapted and presented makes it very amateurish.
Old 2014-04-26, 01:29   Link #335
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

might be dropping this series soon, like what Pellissier said this is gonna be "assassin of the week". And the funny thing is that other characters like the teacher have nothing to do with the story and wasting my time watching.
Old 2014-04-26, 01:33   Link #336
R.LocK
My turn

I bet they spend most of their time on Nio's scenes leaving fight scenes to newbies. XP /fanboy mode off.

No really, the most interesting thing so far is foreshadowing. Nio (uh, yeah, not fanboyng right now), Chitaru's intentions being true or not, highers-up's goal, why Tokaku was allowed to play the role of protector, etc.

...If they mess up with the next ep., though... It's gonna hurt.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 02:57   Link #337
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
A conceptually interesting series, but the episode count really makes it hard to focus on the assassins and give them some proper background. We're probably just going to have an "assassin of the week" kind of episode for a while, until the finale. But as it stands, they're all very forgettable characters (of course, having so little background, how could we care for them?)

The hunting phase being so short also reduces the thrilling, since the assassin gets a couple attempts, and there's not time to build tension (in addition you know they aren't going to succeed, at least not anytime soon).

Finally, so far the huntings have both had unintentional comedy, the scissors plus Tokaku's denseness in episode 3, Haru's night trip in episode 4. I guess it's from the source material, but the way it is adapted and presented makes it very amateurish.
yeah that's what im starting to feel.
oh sure, they certainly gave kouko a bit more focus and time than the manga, where it was really short. they however, cut off a lot of other stuff pertaining the other assassins, especially last week:
Spoiler for manga comparison:

those scenes were really important in showing that, while the assassins came here for a job, they're still pretty much like normal students. heck, those scenes pretty much tells you a lot that these girls arent as bad as they seem to be.

actually, those werent from the source material.
haru wasnt that gullible or defenseless(in her defense in the manga, she didnt know that an assassin was going after her unlike in the anime that, not only did she knew, she also knew pretty much who sent it), she didnt get captured so there was no scene of the scissors conveniently landing on the ropes. tokaku didnt get pushed around, heck she never really got pressured by the enemy.

the anime, id say, should just have followed through with the manga even if they couldnt finish the story. just give some bit of closure for the characters while leaving a cliffhanger for a sequel bait.
manga gives you a proper feeling of the characters, instead of "different assassins coming together to kill this girl from this school", it's "different assassins with their own objectives and desires meet with each other in this classroom".

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 07:09   Link #338
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't like how quickly each assassin is getting dispatched. The anime barely spends any time developing them before removing them from the show. There are too many characters, and too little episodes. If they try to give each of the girls a time in the spotlight, they'll end up half-assing things. They need to choose a few girls and develop them even if it comes at the expense of the other characters, otherwise this show will end in failure.
Old 2014-04-26, 07:13   Link #339
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, the one thing I will give them, is that Nio is getting built up well. Once Nio finally makes her own move, that could prove interesting (it better, because the show is probably going to need it to ).
Old 2014-04-26, 09:53   Link #340
Dahak86
Classics never age

Images
シリコン入ってる
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
assasin