AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-03, 15:27   Link #121
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Maybe I am too late to the party, but wasn't hinted on season one that Ruuko had some kind of split or dark personality, what happened with that plotline?
Wasted, in the oblivion and never touch again.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-03, 15:29   Link #122
alex_drian

Oh man, I hope they aren't enough idiot to bet all their coins.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-04, 03:22   Link #123
tuckersister

Kiyoi's part in Conflated seems okay through most of the season. Everything else I feel mixed.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 18:41   Link #124
tuckersister

Episode 10 way much better than the previous one. Also....YUKI!!!!! I knew she make an appearance. I'm safisfied.
Old 2018-06-08, 23:02   Link #125
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
This... This is what I had been hoping for, waiting for, since I knew that Lostorage conflated WIXOSS would involve both casts. It was a long wait, but it's very sweet to see the two casts crossing over in a big way, at last.

Ruuko vs. Suzuko was probably handled as well as it could be, and it was appropriately tense.

Tama and Chinatsu's subplots were also handled well, involving some very welcomed surprises (particularly for Tama).

Excellent Episode 10.
Old 2018-06-08, 23:38   Link #126
Incest Emblem
Onii-sama!

So... Suzuko with Riru and Meru is about even with Ruu with just Yuzuki, and Yuzuki's coin ability seems kind of bland to boot--certainly much worse than the mind affecting abilities Riru and Meru have. Layla is better than Ruu with Yuzuki, apparently by quite a bit. And Carnival is better than Layla. Carnival is about to battle Suzuko. I guess transitive property does not necessarily work with selector battles.

I am not entirely sure about Yuki being part of Tama. In some ways, it is fitting, as she was fading by the end of Spread, and she does seem like she would silently help. But I am a bit sad about this turn of events, as I prefer Yuki to Tama and would have liked to see her as her own being. I hope she gets a bit better closure than the current state of affairs.
Incest Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 00:06   Link #127
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incest Emblem View Post
So... Suzuko with Riru and Meru is about even with Ruu with just Yuzuki, and Yuzuki's coin ability seems kind of bland to boot--certainly much worse than the mind affecting abilities Riru and Meru have. Layla is better than Ruu with Yuzuki, apparently by quite a bit. And Carnival is better than Layla. Carnival is about to battle Suzuko. I guess transitive property does not necessarily work with selector battles.
I actually suspect that Carnival will win. This is for the following reasons:

1. This season has a "there can be only one" victory stipulation. That lends itself well to a final battle between one protagonist and one antagonist. Ruuko vs. Carnival is probably the best overall fit for that, for a variety of reasons. So that would presumably mean that Suzuko needs to lose first. And Suzuko's character can probably afford to take this loss given how she beat Satomi/Carnival before, and given how Suzuko has done pretty well in the current season so far.

2. I think this latest episode kind of hints at the idea that it would be Ok for Chinatsu to not get her memories back. One factor here is that Chinatsu is in fact getting flashes of lost memories, and there's a certain amount of value to that alone. Chinatsu now has a better idea of what she went through before, so it could be said that her current state allows the best of both worlds. So this all leads into it kinda being more acceptable if Suzuko does not succeed in getting Chinatsu's memories back. In any event, Ruuko has the more severe situation in wanting to save the lives of her friends (Tama and Yuzuki).

3. Kazu-kun and I both felt that the first half of this season was favoring the "Lostorage" cast (as opposed to the "Selector" cast). So if the finale favors Ruuko above all other WIXOSS characters, then it could be said that the full season is well-balanced overall.

Quote:
I am not entirely sure about Yuki being part of Tama. In some ways, it is fitting, as she was fading by the end of Spread, and she does seem like she would silently help. But I am a bit sad about this turn of events, as I prefer Yuki to Tama and would have liked to see her as her own being. I hope she gets a bit better closure than the current state of affairs.
I largely agree, especially on the last sentence. However, I'm just relieved that Yuki at least hasn't been entirely forgotten about. I hope Yuki gets at least one more scene, and better closure like you wrote.
Old 2018-06-09, 16:35   Link #128
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I largely agree, especially on the last sentence. However, I'm just relieved that Yuki at least hasn't been entirely forgotten about. I hope Yuki gets at least one more scene, and better closure like you wrote.
With the new rule allowing girls to turn into LRIG (at least those that used to be one), I kinda hoped Tama would become a Selector, using Yuki in battle as well as joining the fight...
Well...
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 18:58   Link #129
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I wonder if there will be a happy ending where people that have disappeared will come back.

It was already established that all the erased memories in the second series still exist somewhere and at the end of the first series Tama gained a physical body. It shouldn't be completely impossible for Akira, the original Satomi and all those guys from the second series to return.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-15, 13:10   Link #130
EroKing

Episode 11

Images
One Punch Tama
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-22 at 15:05.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-15, 18:57   Link #131
tuckersister

It is another decent episode. I like how Kiyoi beat Carnival using an unexpected method.
Old 2018-06-22, 18:55   Link #132
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

So it was a happy ending just like I expected, actually even better since every single LRIG got a real body.

Not much to say about this ending, there were a lot of characters to juggle with and there wasn't really enough time to give proper space to all of them.

It wasn't the most exciting and creative episode ever but I can't really complain. It was enjoyable enough to me even if not particularly memorable.

Old 2018-06-22, 19:02   Link #133
tuckersister

I really enjoyed the last episode. We get the see ARCO again. Everyone got a happy ending (except for Layla and Carnival). I'm satisfied with the ending. Yuki has more dialogue with is acceptable. The episode that Kiyoi understands Eternal and that she isn't bad girl.

Anyway, that's it for the Selector series.
Old 2018-06-22, 21:09   Link #134
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

A very nice ending get to see all the girls one last time but the ending did full a little rushed

7/10 Hopeful they will do more with this series
Old 2018-06-22, 21:10   Link #135
Incest Emblem
Onii-sama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
So it was a happy ending just like I expected, actually even better since every single LRIG got a real body.
Everyone except:
1. Layla
2. Carnival
3. Bookmaker (I assume the Satomi shown at the end was the real Satomi, not the LRIG who took over his body)
4. Yuki

I am ok with the first 3, but...

There was one theory, encouraged by Destructed, that Tama was using Sachi Togasaki's body, while Sachi's soul was keeping Rumi (Ulith) company in the afterlife. I wonder how the LRIGs here suddenly got new bodies, since there would not be extra bodies for them to inhabit.
Incest Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-22, 22:17   Link #136
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incest Emblem View Post
Everyone except:
1. Layla
2. Carnival
3. Bookmaker (I assume the Satomi shown at the end was the real Satomi, not the LRIG who took over his body)
4. Yuki

I am ok with the first 3, but...

There was one theory, encouraged by Destructed, that Tama was using Sachi Togasaki's body, while Sachi's soul was keeping Rumi (Ulith) company in the afterlife. I wonder how the LRIGs here suddenly got new bodies, since there would not be extra bodies for them to inhabit.
Showing the Bookmaker would have been kinda hard since we've never actually seen how she looks like in her LRIG form. Anyway I wonder if we should really interpret this as that they were the only ones that didn't reincarnate or if they did but they simply weren't shown, although Yuki probably didn't, they would have definitely shown her if she did.

Anyway regarding that theory, considering that we have proof that physical bodies simply vanished into thin air, then I think the new bodies also appeared out of thin air. The big question is how they inserted into society.

Destructed's theory might be on point though, cause I'm not really sure that in the original series the system was intended to affect reality to that extent, but even if it wasn't it is ret-conned now.

Old 2018-06-22, 23:44   Link #137
Triple_R
*Author

It's a total happy ending, particularly on the Lostorage side, but that actually does make the situation with Yuki sting a bit more for me. Since this ending was pretty clearly going for a "total happy end", and included other LRIGs getting their own entirely new body, I'm not sure why Yuki was left out. Seems a bit odd to me.

Still, you couldn't ask for a happier ending on the Lostorage side, and it was executed pretty well for that side, imo. And I also liked how the big battle was not a card-game, but more of an all-out actual battle. That was a neat twist, and also a clever way to get loads of LRIGs involved. I also liked how, thematic-wise, the show ultimately favored the value of memories, both with Kiyoi's monologue on that as well as what happened with Chinatsu.

Lostorage conflated WIXOSS might be a tough anime for me to rate overall. The last 3 or 4 episodes were largely excellent, with some really good execution. And the first 2 or 3 episodes were pretty good. But the middle section definitely had its weaknesses for me. On the whole, I probably agree with Master_Yoma. 7/10 sounds about right.

If this is it for the WIXOSS anime franchise, it's been a mostly good one, I think. And the ending is largely satisfying.
Old 2018-06-23, 00:12   Link #138
Kazu-kun

5/10 at best. The only moment I really enjoyed was Tama beating the crap out of Layla in episode 11. Everything else was largely mediocre.

Honestly, they shouldn't have touched the franchise after Okada left. This new guy can't write to save his life.
Old 2018-06-23, 05:26   Link #139
tuckersister

Like I said earlier, I'm satisfied with the ending.

If a new WIXOSS anime series starts in a couple years, I'll pass unless it peaks my interest. New series will definitely be a time jump with a new cast and some old ones whom have grow up.

I really wanted to see more of Yuki but I'm okay for what conflated gave.
Old 2018-06-23, 05:30   Link #140
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote