AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-02-15, 10:12   Link #21
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Anyone what year does Index start (including Railgun)? Haven't found any info on it.
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-15, 10:19   Link #22
Chaos2Frozen
Spherical Cow
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In a vacuum
Age: 29
It was never disclosed.

But given that the book first came out roughly 10 years ago, it was probably written with that in mind.
__________________

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-15, 18:46   Link #23
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Ah thanks then.
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-01, 14:31   Link #24
CataclysmicExplosion
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Michigan
Age: 27
Daihasei Festival Arc Question

So this might be nitpicking, but I'm curious as to why they did not mention how St. Peter was actually crucified in the anime?

I'm asking, because recently I've been watching A certain magical index II with a friend and he had to explain why story of St. Peter was important. According to Wikipedia (Yes, I know I'm using Wikipedia as a source), when he was crucified, he requested to be crucified upside down, since he saw himself unworthy to be crucified in the same way as Jesus Christ. This reflects pretty closely to what my friend said about the story (He's raised christian)

Was this something that was mentioned in the light novels...? Or did they not want to offend people who were watching the show?
CataclysmicExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 03:02   Link #25
Chaos2Frozen
Spherical Cow
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In a vacuum
Age: 29
Sorry for the late reply, I don't check in as often anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CataclysmicExplosion View Post
So this might be nitpicking, but I'm curious as to why they did not mention how St. Peter was actually crucified in the anime?

I'm asking, because recently I've been watching A certain magical index II with a friend and he had to explain why story of St. Peter was important. According to Wikipedia (Yes, I know I'm using Wikipedia as a source), when he was crucified, he requested to be crucified upside down, since he saw himself unworthy to be crucified in the same way as Jesus Christ. This reflects pretty closely to what my friend said about the story (He's raised christian)

Was this something that was mentioned in the light novels...? Or did they not want to offend people who were watching the show?
The Japanese don't really care that much about religion political correctness, otherwise this series wouldn't even exist in it's current form. The most obvious reasons is that they don't have the luxury of the book to go on and on with expositions due to time restrains so they have to cut it short.

And yes they went into full exposition about the St. Peter's Cross story in the LN, though I don't have the details right now.
__________________

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 05:51   Link #26
Fizix
Nitpicking
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: From England old chaps
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Anyone what year does Index start (including Railgun)? Haven't found any info on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It was never disclosed.

But given that the book first came out roughly 10 years ago, it was probably written with that in mind.
Well, I think its safe to assume that it's several decades in the future. It does give some indications as to roughly how far ahead it might be, like how many ethnic minority presidents there have been.

So 2004 + 30~50 years would probably be a reasonable estimate if you wanted to give it a period in time?
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 09:23   Link #27
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Thanks.

Listening to the OSTs is a blast. Although I'm double checking on a particular soundtrack during the confrontation between Kuroko and Awaki in the second season. Need a hand here, especially to those who have access to the second season OSTs.
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-28, 22:52   Link #28
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Bumping this up, but I do want to double check if I'm thinking wrong here, I'm assuming that AC has no diplomatic buildings in place?
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-29, 14:52   Link #29
Chaos2Frozen
Spherical Cow
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In a vacuum
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Bumping this up, but I do want to double check if I'm thinking wrong here, I'm assuming that AC has no diplomatic buildings in place?
District 1 - Where most of the city's administration is located.
District 3 - Accommodations for authorized outsiders (which also includes hotels, private pools, etc.)
__________________

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-29, 19:35   Link #30
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Thanks, Chaos. I kinda know that. But since that happens to be the case, then I surmise that the city has no foreign embassies.
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.