AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-03-11, 01:13   Link #61
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
What the....

So many questions created by that trailer. But one of the biggest I have is, why is Spiderman on Iron Man's side? Nevermind he was on the opposite side in the comics, but why would he support the Superhuman Registration Act?.
Uh, wasn't he in Iron Man side before changing alliance? I do remember one scene in the comic where he took off his mask with Iron Man before he escaped and changes side.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 01:31   Link #62
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Uh, wasn't he in Iron Man side before changing alliance? I do remember one scene in the comic where he took off his mask with Iron Man before he escaped and changes side.
You selectively left out the part of my post (immediately after that bit you quoted) where I pointed out myself that he supported the act at first. But it made sense in the comics when Stark had the time to convince an unsure Parker. Here, it seems like Spiderman just starts on Iron Man's side right off the bat without any doubts.
Old 2016-03-11, 02:11   Link #63
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
You selectively left out the part of my post (immediately after that bit you quoted) where I pointed out myself that he supported the act at first
Sorry was skimming through post because I was just looking for the new trailer after hearing about it from my friend

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 03:15   Link #64
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
You selectively left out the part of my post (immediately after that bit you quoted) where I pointed out myself that he supported the act at first. But it made sense in the comics when Stark had the time to convince an unsure Parker. Here, it seems like Spiderman just starts on Iron Man's side right off the bat without any doubts.
I think part of it is that Spidey might relate more to Iron Man because of the science backgrounds and I think Stark still spends a lot of time in New York. So might have been easier to run into each other before events of Civil War get started. When things start to get serious Spidey just naturally leans towards the person he knows.

After all this isn't exactly a registration act, but rather control over Avengers activities. If it doesn't impede Spider-Man's secrecy then he might not be that concerned about it. If he just needs government permission to do his thing in New York that's probably not a huge deal.

Either way there's no telling until we see the movie. Only one scene showing him being on Iron Man's side leaves us guessing. We don't know how conflicted he is or isn't about standing with Iron Man against Captain America's team or how long there was to convince him to be on this side.
Old 2016-03-11, 12:24   Link #65
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to. Can you post a pic?
This is the best I can find to illustrate the point. Surprisingly difficult to find images of the movie 1 outfit. Probably since the movie 2 outfit was infinitely better.

Quote:
And ironically, the one Avenger who holds any responsibility for any of those events is the ex-Avenger heading the support for the Superhuman Registration Act.
Not really irony, but more that he feels responsible.

Quote:
Here, it seems like Spiderman just starts on Iron Man's side right off the bat without any doubts.
Almost as if he feels that with great power should come great responsibility? Combine that with a high schooler's naivety and it's quite easy how he could be convinced that those with super powers need to be held responsible for their actions. And a registration allows them to be held responsible.

Hopefully they do a better job of showing that than the comics, because in the comics it was 100% clear that pro-registration was wrong. I prefer it to be an actual grey area (assuming we leave out the part of the government not being competent like in real life).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 21:53   Link #66
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

I like the costume update but I'm not sold on the animated eyes, to be honest.

I know Pete's a genius boy wonder who built his own webshooters, but

a) I can't picture a mask filled with servos to obey to his facial expressions as something built by a 15 years-old

b) what purpose does it serve? filter sunlight? magnification?

Not too keen, even if Deapool did it and it pays homage to Todd McFarlane and the others who followed suit.

But, yeah, bring it on, seems like a fun ride.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 23:29   Link #67
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Yey!!! It's Spidey!!!! His costume looks good!!! And can't wait for this!!!!
Old 2016-03-12, 21:21   Link #68
solidvanz
Special Operative

Old 2016-03-15, 01:48   Link #69
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

This movie really is speculation filled crazy. Next couple months will be a tough wait. Who and how many characters might go down in this? It is fair point made that the Infinity Gauntlet could be a big reset button (even temporarily) for whatever happens in Civil War and Infinity War Part 1. Signs spread out there of characters being hurt or worse for a handful of the cast just in the trailers.

The only ones I think are wholly safe are the guys with movies coming up in Black Panther and Spider-Man.

Toss in Spidey and yeah this really is the movie I'm most hyped for this year. I'm sorry to BvS, Suicide Squad, X-Men, Doctor Strange, etc. This is just going to be nuts. Though on that note, what a time for fans of super heroes. All these movies hitting and so many of them looking good.
Old 2016-03-19, 09:36   Link #70
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Saw this today and thought I'd share...

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-03-24, 09:52   Link #71
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Japanese trailer has an extra scenes not seen in the two previous trailers.

YouTube
Old 2016-03-24, 11:16   Link #72
B214

So there's an additional scene on Black Widow vs Hawkeye, and the fight between Tony and Steve.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 01:10   Link #73
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I did like the extra little lines between Hawkeye and Black Widow. It is a funny little scene. These two are as much friends as anyone else fighting in this thing. You can tell neither of them wants to kill the other or even really hurt each other. Little thing, but I couldn't help a smile there.

This is going to be a massive and serious event. But you can fit a few smiles when appropriate.
Old 2016-03-29, 14:36   Link #74
Wandering Soul

I liked that little scene between Black Widow and Hawkeye. It shows that they really don't want to fight against each other and that they are still trying to maintain their friendship, despite everything that's going on.
Old 2016-03-31, 05:06   Link #75
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Japanese trailer has an extra scenes not seen in the two previous trailers.

YouTube
Just like most Japanese trailers of Hollywood films, half the subtitled dialog have NOTHING TO DO with the lines being spoken.
Old 2016-04-13, 12:25   Link #76
HasuMasu
Diamond is Unbreakable
*Artist

#IStandWithCap

YouTube
Old 2016-04-13, 12:46   Link #77
monster

"If we don't do this now, it's going to be done to us later." - Tony Stark

So it's bad that someone else in the future will do something to you, so you'd rather do it to yourself in the present?

I never understood that kind of argument. Is that simply a petty act of defiance?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 12:47   Link #78
HasuMasu
Diamond is Unbreakable
*Artist

People like doing unavoidable things on their own terms. It makes them feel like they at least have some control.
Old 2016-04-13, 13:08   Link #79
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
"If we don't do this now, it's going to be done to us later." - Tony Stark

So it's bad that someone else in the future will do something to you, so you'd rather do it to yourself in the present?

I never understood that kind of argument. Is that simply a petty act of defiance?
Basically this

It's either do it on your own terms now, or be FORCED to later and likely more brutally . Whats the Avengers gonna do...take on the UN? Thor isn't going to help stop the UN. All of Tony's tech can't go up a world army.
Old 2016-04-13, 13:21   Link #80
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasuMasu View Post
People like doing unavoidable things on their own terms. It makes them feel like they at least have some control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Basically this

It's either do it on your own terms now, or be FORCED to later and likely more brutally . Whats the Avengers gonna do...take on the UN? Thor isn't going to help stop the UN. All of Tony's tech can't go up a world army.
So basically the conflict shifts from being about whether or not this thing they're fighting over is a good thing into whether or not it is inevitable.

Well, I suppose it's an easier subject to present in a movie since they probably can't go over the details, but it also seems to be a slightly less interesting subject to me.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marvel, marvel cinematic universe