AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-01-04, 01:51   Link #41
sayde

I'm not expecting some major connection though. Even just a small subtle link that only people who played Drakengard would pick up on would be good enough. Come to think of it, I wanna say I heard something about the android Accord from Drakengard 3 possibly being mentioned in this title--which could be entirely possible and exciting enough for me in and of itself since her and the entire legion of Accord androids represented a pretty mysterious aspect in the Drakengard 3 story.

So while I'm not expecting it to happen, it'd be a nice surprise if Automata were to shed some light on this.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-10, 23:51   Link #42
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

The text roughly translates to: The dragons are already extinct, so get ready to fight the machines!

And here's the source: https://www.facebook.com/PlayStation...809986/?type=3
Old 2017-01-28, 23:25   Link #43
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i just played the demo for this game. i'm completely blown away. i expect great things from platinum games (ever since okami) and this one hasn't disappointed. the combat is like butter, and the different gameplay styles, from typical third person, to top down, to 2d side scroller, are all amazing. i'm sure the final game will have combat more like bayonetta/DMC. the ability to switch weapon sets on the fly opens up the gameplay for that. my only gripe is that its way too easy to hold down R2 (in type b) to keep shooting with the machine gun. since it staggers small enemies and stops the generic projectile, it makes the game a lot less difficult. i guess i could just not use the machine gun..

this will be my q1 game purchase. FFXV just feels clunky now in comparison.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 09:09   Link #44
Dextro
He Without a Title

I also just finished up with the demo and am completely sold on the game as well. That was massively fun and it looks like there's an insane depth to the combat just from the demo. I was mildly interested in this just for being a Platinum game but now it just jumped up in my priority list.
Old 2017-02-13, 19:52   Link #45
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

the hype is real. i can't wait for this game.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2017-02-13, 22:39   Link #46
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post

the hype is real. i can't wait for this game.
Lol, why is this vid age restricted....
Old 2017-02-16, 23:33   Link #47
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
You won't really notice much of a connection, if any at all. Nier Automata is about as distantly separated from the first Nier as much as Nier is separated from the Drakengard games.
Taro did sad that several characters from Nier will make an apearence, for example Emil will be back and also said that some characters form Drakengard 3 will be mentioned, how is that even possible considering that this story is 9000 years after Drakengard 1 and set in another dimension is beyond me. Funny thing is that the twins of the trailers are covered by tattoos One had in Drakengard 3 and later used by the Cult of the Watchers so the connection might be there.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-17, 02:46   Link #48
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I went through youtube, wiki and that gamefaqs thread just to figure out the connections between game, but this game takes place during the branch where
Spoiler:
right? I'm a bit confused because I heard that the Drakengard 3 novel (which supposedly the branch that leads to this game) was said to take some Ending B and D part but I thought she didn't end up dying in both part.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-17, 14:44   Link #49
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I went through youtube, wiki and that gamefaqs thread just to figure out the connections between game, but this game takes place during the branch where
Spoiler:
right? I'm a bit confused because I heard that the Drakengard 3 novel (which supposedly the branch that leads to this game) was said to take some Ending B and D part but I thought she didn't end up dying in both part.
The original Nier took place
Spoiler for setting:

This game takes place centuries after the first Nier. As for how they're connected... we'll just have to find out
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-17, 18:39   Link #50
haseo0408

Spoiler for Drakengard:
Old 2017-02-17, 20:12   Link #51
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

There is no cannon ending in this series.
Just which time line.
Get ready to see Yoko telling us later on this game is actually ona brand new time line, like he always did!
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-17, 20:35   Link #52
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
There is no cannon ending in this series.
Just which time line.
Get ready to see Yoko telling us later on this game is actually ona brand new time line, like he always did!
I meant that Ending A for Drakengard is the canon one for Deakengard 2 and Ending E for Drakengard is the canon one for Nier. Ending E for Dakengard 3 is the canon one that leads to Drakengard 1, this being a multiple timeline universe makes it impossible for a single ending to be canon.

Spoiler for Nier:
Old 2017-02-18, 15:35   Link #53
Shadow5YA

Does Drakengard 2 even matter? I thought everyone made an effort to ignore that one because it wasn't directed by Yoko Taro
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-18, 16:29   Link #54
sayde

Since the lore and the timelines seem to be the present course of the conversation, here's something interesting I found.

This person does a pretty admirable job of trying to connect the dots from Drakengard 3 to 1 to the Nier franchise. Though I still had to listen closely and focus to follow it all, I suppose that's a testament to how convoluted the lore sort of is.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-18, 22:09   Link #55
haseo0408

Quote:
Does Drakengard 2 even matter? I thought everyone made an effort to ignore that one because it wasn't directed by Yoko Taro
It is indeed the weak link of the story but we never how it could connect to future games in the franchise, they can always change to a new ending with a novel like it was done to Ending of Drakengard 3.
Old 2017-02-18, 23:21   Link #56
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
But it is very important within the series cosmology for it being the game that clearly tells you that Nameless is the one who is behind all this.

And the whole Nameless vs. Dragon theme carried on into DoD3.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-23, 05:35   Link #57
InvaderBen

Soooo hyped for this! Game of the year confirmed!
InvaderBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-23, 18:23   Link #58
haseo0408

You know, all characters created by Taro either have an incredibly sad past (Zero) or have some sort of fatal flaw that keeps them from being real heros and make evryone around them suffer. Cain is a psycho that only cares for killing, Furiae and Angelus, in that order; Nowe is an idiot that never thinks of what he´s doing there is ton of dead people; Nier is obsessed with his little sister to the point of genocide; finally Kuroi is so mentally unstable that unless your name is Mashiro you´re pretty much screwed by being next to him.

So this makes me wonder how is 2B broken? What is her fatal flaw? she must have something considering the pattern of the cretor in all his previous works.
Old 2017-02-24, 00:07   Link #59
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderBen View Post
Soooo hyped for this! Game of the year confirmed!
pretty big statement there.. we've got Yakuza 0 (i have little interest in this game), Nioh, and Horizon. all three of which have been very positively reviewed.

Old 2017-02-24, 00:49   Link #60
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
You know, all characters created by Taro either have an incredibly sad past (Zero) or have some sort of fatal flaw that keeps them from being real heros and make evryone around them suffer. Cain is a psycho that only cares for killing, Furiae and Angelus, in that order; Nowe is an idiot that never thinks of what he´s doing there is ton of dead people; Nier is obsessed with his little sister to the point of genocide; finally Kuroi is so mentally unstable that unless your name is Mashiro you´re pretty much screwed by being next to him.

So this makes me wonder how is 2B broken? What is her fatal flaw? she must have something considering the pattern of the cretor in all his previous works.
that is true but in essence that is the truest form of one of the earliest hero archetype, and that is the greek hero, if you go back and actually read those stories those characters are flawed massively flawed and each flaw led to their tragedy, and by today's standards wouldn't be considered true heroes. Taro is essentially writing modern day greek heroes and is doing an excellent job at it

Tags
pc/steam