AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

View Poll Results: Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 7 38.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 5.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 11.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2018-06-10, 06:37   Link #21
Dextro
He Without a Title

I was definitely, 100% not expecting her to die here. But yeah, I can see how it might feel cheap to have a love interest thrown in and killed in quick succession to avoid having to deal with it in-story. On the other hand the arc works well as a standalone action story. It fullfills the clichés if you're going for the revenge style of ending (and note that FMP is very much a collection of action movie clichés. And that's a good thing btw. It makes it fun).

I'll agree with others on the storyboard front btw. The pacing was spot on and scene after scene just felt right. It never felt rushed or drawn out and I barely even noticed the time go by. I'm also not 100% on board with the usage of the insert song, I also felt like it didn't really fit at that time and I think it's the song itself. It's just not the kind of sound I was expecting there. But, to be fair, I'm not a big fan of the songs this season anyway (including OP/ED). They feel very different from the previous seasons music direction, too "modern" maybe.

Overall those are minor complaints. I didn't even pay much attention to the lack of quality in the animation which just goes to show that it was competent enough not to distract and that the story has me hooked. 9/10 (even if I wanted to vote 1/10 just for Nami's death )
Old 2018-06-12, 04:57   Link #22
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

I'm not sure if it's been told in the novel, but what will happen to Nami's crew now? Arena goers know that the AS that went on a rampage is theirs and the national security will probably get involved after this mess. Will those poor guys be branded as criminals?
Old 2018-06-12, 06:30   Link #23
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
I'm not sure if it's been told in the novel, but what will happen to Nami's crew now? Arena goers know that the AS that went on a rampage is theirs and the national security will probably get involved after this mess. Will those poor guys be branded as criminals?
It's not mentioned in the novels. However, considering Sousuke destroyed 10 Arena ASes whose pilots worked for the police chief, and the fact that the police were very involved in running the Arena, and have been pretty much wiped out by Sousuke and DGSE, I'm not sure how much would the Arena matches (and / or lifestyle) continue. Oh, I almost forgot, the Arena itself was kinda partially blown by Kurama, so...

As for the crew, I'm pretty sure they can say Sousuke's gone rogue on them and stole the AS with which he caused all that destruction. It would even be partly true. And the fact that Nami is dead would further strengthen their claim - not meaning that Sousuke killed her, but that they didn't know about any of the stuff Sousuke was about to do. It would be hard to assume, from an outsider's point of view, that the crew allied themselves with Sousuke knowing the danger - unless they were some disgruntled employees who wanted to get rid of their boss
Old 2018-06-12, 07:44   Link #24
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
finally caught up but Nami's death left a very bad taste in my mouth. Sousuke is literally responsible for her death. I was sad but more angry at her being killed. what a waste
Old 2018-06-12, 19:49   Link #25
G0rd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
finally caught up but Nami's death left a very bad taste in my mouth. Sousuke is literally responsible for her death. I was sad but more angry at her being killed. what a waste
feel the same she gets a happy ending in the game that came out recently at least for what its worth
Old 2018-06-12, 20:00   Link #26
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Is she even actually dead or is 'dead'?

The visual's clearly tell the former, but they kinda threw in chekov's gun by adding the possibility that she might be the same as Tessa and Chidori.
While it did get used afterwards, the effects where rather weak in comparison to what one was allowed to expect. basically the reason I wonder...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2018-06-13, 00:22   Link #27
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I had a feeling Nami was going to be taken out of the story, but I didn't expect it to be by death. And certainly not so soon.

That being said, I'm glad it wasn't a poorly written death, since it was more-or-less because Sousuke made a mistake and misjudged his opponent's viciousness. A very understandable hesitation on his part, seeing as he was torn between his friendship with Nami and his love for Chidori. That hesitation cost Nami her life, but there's also no guarantee that he could have saved her, regardless.
Old 2018-06-15, 10:15   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The whole Nami thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth. And not so much because she died. Death of a likable character is a different kind of unpleasant since it can add to the story.

This one was just on Sousuke's bad decisions in this arc and also on Kurama's questionable decision making. The Sousuke part is obvious. He never had a good plan here. He went somewhere he knew had some ties to Amalgam, put his name out there to draw attention, and then....didn't have a great plan on getting his intel. He basically just treated this as a 'wing it' kind of situation and the consequences were bad but could have been worse.

The pit crew would have died without a completely different military group stepping in to save them. Nami would have died and Sousuke wouldn't have been able to go after Kurama because the mech wouldn't have been fixable without help and he couldn't attack that armed force by himself. Heck he wouldn't have gotten information without Kurama just deciding on a whim to tell him things while dying. He could have easily just said 'screw you' and died.

I actually dislike Kurama's decisions though as well and not simply because he killed Nami. He killed his hostage...for reasons. Not sure if he wanted to send a message or was just venting frustrations. But he gave up a hostage not sure if Sousuke would get a clear shot at him without that body in the way or not even 100% sure that Sousuke had gotten to that area yet. But on top of that he went there after a guy who killed Gates and Gauron (well he blew himself up later) without any backup? He didn't bring those mini AS machines. He didn't bring much of an armed force. Just went there himself along with one Mithril guy that turned because he had no other choice (hardly reliable) and used what was available without being sure that would be enough. For all he knew Mithril survivors were backing him and they'd have a group of M9s ready and waiting. Then he kills a hostage to piss off Sousuke (who already was going to go after him because he needed Chidori intel) without a concrete plan on killing him. I really thought this guy was smarter than all this. He made this way easier on Sousuke than he had to.
Old 2018-06-16, 06:58   Link #29
Rasty

^ Yep, Sousuke's decision making was flawed, but you can always say it was because he was fairly suicidal, and being no big thinker he just went for a bet with a terrible chance, but still, the best thing he could think of. And if he died, well then he would have fulfilled his inner wish.

On the other hand the decision to kill Nami was just plain stupid of Kurama. There was nothing he would gain from killing her and with all his resources keeping her around was hardly a burden on him. Pissing Sousuke off also serves hardly any purpose and can easily backfire, because the thing he should have feared the most would be Sousuke just leaving (because there is no longer anything for him to defend) or going on a suicide mission in order to just "take the most of them possible with him". Just keeping her hostage would be enough to at least severely restrain his actions.
Old 2018-06-16, 07:30   Link #30
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
This one was just on Sousuke's bad decisions in this arc and also on Kurama's questionable decision making. The Sousuke part is obvious. He never had a good plan here. He went somewhere he knew had some ties to Amalgam, put his name out there to draw attention, and then....didn't have a great plan on getting his intel. He basically just treated this as a 'wing it' kind of situation and the consequences were bad but could have been worse.
Yes, Sousuke's not good at this. He's not supposed to be. He's all kinds of good fighter (though not the best), but he's not a good spy or even a good bodyguard. Plus, he's desperate and angry. It's been a while since TSR, but last time he got like that, didn't he desert and try his hand at alcoholism?

Quote:
I actually dislike Kurama's decisions though as well and not simply because he killed Nami. He killed his hostage...for reasons. Not sure if he wanted to send a message or was just venting frustrations. But he gave up a hostage not sure if Sousuke would get a clear shot at him without that body in the way or not even 100% sure that Sousuke had gotten to that area yet. But on top of that he went there after a guy who killed Gates and Gauron (well he blew himself up later) without any backup? He didn't bring those mini AS machines. He didn't bring much of an armed force. Just went there himself along with one Mithril guy that turned because he had no other choice (hardly reliable) and used what was available without being sure that would be enough. For all he knew Mithril survivors were backing him and they'd have a group of M9s ready and waiting. Then he kills a hostage to piss off Sousuke (who already was going to go after him because he needed Chidori intel) without a concrete plan on killing him. I really thought this guy was smarter than all this. He made this way easier on Sousuke than he had to.
Yeah, I think Kurama was under a lot of work-related stress, which he took out on Sousuke.
Old 2018-06-16, 18:22   Link #31
amehmood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, I think Kurama was under a lot of work-related stress, which he took out on Sousuke.
It was fairly clear that Kurama's action was to bring Sousuke out was less because of his job as an operative of Amalgam but more as an emotional kind of thing. Kurama has mentioned a few times how lonely he is and how no one can really understand him. Sousuke is the only one who can be considered on the same playing field as him. Kurama wants to goad him into revealing himself so he can fight Sousuke and seek the answer of what drives him. Kurama is empty inside and he wants to find something he can believe in. Unfortunately, he never really does but his desire was always there. This is shown in the last scene where Sousuke simply saying he's doing everything for the sake of love and Kurama gives him possible locations where Kaname could be. Kurama becomes convinced by Sousuke that the power of love can be something worth fighting for and rewards Sousuke with information.
Old 2018-06-23, 07:35   Link #32
grss1982

Just saw it. I had no idea how significant the number 8 in Episode 8 is.
Old 2018-08-08, 18:45   Link #33
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

What the actual ....
I am completely gutted. The episode gave me flashbacks of Your Lie In April's finale; I did not want to believe what I was seeing. I kept saying Sousuke is a whispered and he was seeing a precognition. Man.. I am really upset .
Old 2018-10-17, 02:47   Link #34
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

One-Man Force

So, every four episodes comprise a story-arc for this season, and there's one more to finish this cour.

Heck, Nami's death felt so irrelevant after so much build-up and tension that it seemed like a full cop out, and, honestly, Kurama underestimated opening the gates of hell by executing her.

Raw rage intertwined with the clash of metal and the sounds of bullets, a perfect recipe for Sousuke to be unleashed and rampaging.

Indeed, Kurama was such tough and serious customer. His demeanor and personality were strictly professional, cold, and calculating. He knew how to press Sousukes' buttons, and yet he did away without revealing much on Chidoris' whereabouts.

The rampage and gore were alright, and Sousuke got cornered like an enraged beast before Kurama and got gravely wounded by the latter.

BTW, those awesome insert songs pretty much told how Sousuke felt warmongering against anyone standing in his way over Nami; she should be missed.
Closed Thread