AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-07-01, 08:46   Link #3501
Sixth
Hu Tao

People are not joking when they said Miko is a hentai bait character.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-01, 11:00   Link #3502
WingedAccelerator

Did a non-Student Council member ever get a solo color page before Shiranui?

Wonder how strictly Aka goes with the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter similarities. Ishigami's part was understandable, but isn't Fujiwara both a suitor and a reference to the object said suitor had to collect? Shiranui in this case will have some sort of relation with that unseen Abe.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-01, 12:06   Link #3503
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Did a non-Student Council member ever get a solo color page before Shiranui?

Wonder how strictly Aka goes with the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter similarities. Ishigami's part was understandable, but isn't Fujiwara both a suitor and a reference to the object said suitor had to collect? Shiranui in this case will have some sort of relation with that unseen Abe.
Both Kei and Hayasaka have
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-01, 12:48   Link #3504
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
People are not joking when they said Miko is a hentai bait character.
Out of all of the SC members, Iino probably is the most messed up in the end. At least she has the rest of the members, her friends, and her new Sugar daddy looking out for her.
Old 2021-07-01, 13:29   Link #3505
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

When she started calling him Papa, I had flashbacks to Initial D (my first contact with the "compensated dating" thing...). I didn't understand until years later that the guy wasn't the girl's father.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-01, 16:15   Link #3506
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Both Kei and Hayasaka have
Volume cover is what you are probably thinking, and I'm aware of those, but I meant magazine color pages, and a solo one at that. Hayasaka appeared on multiple color pages, but at least Kaguya always have accompanied her on those. I'm afraid Kei didn't even make it to a group color page yet.

So Shiranui seems to be the first, non-Student Council member that got a solo color page. Neat.
Old 2021-07-01, 17:55   Link #3507
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The misunderstanding at the end was gold. I think it was just a one time gag that will be forgotten by the next chapter, but it'd be fun if it snowballed into something more serious like BWTraveller described.
Old 2021-07-01, 21:58   Link #3508
Shadow5YA

Imagine if everyone in the student council knew about Papa Shirogane
Old 2021-07-02, 07:46   Link #3509
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Imagine if everyone in the student council knew about Papa Shirogane
Miyuki is going to have fun explaining how he introduced Miko to a sugar daddy who is also his father.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-02, 11:28   Link #3510
BWTraveller
Born to ship

What's worse is he can't actually tell the truth, as Miko doesn't want Ishigami to know she's trying to learn about FPS. So even if he can tell them that "Papa" is his father, he can't tell them what they were doing all night long that "felt so good". I could easily see him secretly informing Kaguya, and from there the two try and figure out a way to diffuse the situation only for Chika and Ishigami to just add fuel to the fire.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-02, 15:32   Link #3511
Shadow5YA

While it's not directly stated, you can also see that Miko was using Discord to communicate with Papa Shirogane.

That chat window she had up was definitely a Discord layout.
Old 2021-07-04, 21:14   Link #3512
Ichinotachi

Here are a few pics, there are some spoilers out but nothing worth mentioning for now.

Spoiler for new chapter:
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-04, 21:17   Link #3513
Shadow5YA

I see the misunderstanding hasn't been cleared up yet
Old 2021-07-05, 09:01   Link #3514
WingedAccelerator

Hopefully, the translation makes the next chapter better, because my initial impression of it is far from good.

Spoiler for Chapter 230:
Old 2021-07-05, 19:35   Link #3515
Ichinotachi

After checking the chapter I have to say that I'm not happy with it, Aka you can do much better than reusing past developments that were already dealt with just to pull the "oh! I did not knew I like you!" card.

I hope Aka can do something better with this arc because the start left a lot to be desired.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-05, 23:26   Link #3516
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, if it goes THAT far, all the way to "I always loved her", then even I will say it's a cheap way to conclude it (or at least very difficult to make work as anything but a cop-out). I'll hold out hope though. After all, it can be a fine line between "I was always in love with her even though I crushed on other people" and "I always cared about her but never considered/allowed myself to consider it as anything like that", and honestly I for one would be fine with the latter. It fits with the impression I've always had, that he cares a great deal for her but for various reasons, not the least being the way they tended to clash, always wrote her off as a complete impossibility. Still, even with that I'd hope he doesn't just jump straight to "I love you". Let them date a bit or something, get used to the possibilities opening up now that the impossible has become possible. In short, I hope he doesn't rush it too much.
Old 2021-07-06, 00:22   Link #3517
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichinotachi View Post
After checking the chapter I have to say that I'm not happy with it, Aka you can do much better than reusing past developments that were already dealt with just to pull the "oh! I did not knew I like you!" card.

I hope Aka can do something better with this arc because the start left a lot to be desired.
I think that just reflecting on his feelings is fine. Possessive behavior needs to be reevaluated regardless, since it's not his job to be Miko's white knight all the time.

If he suddenly believes it's love as you said, then that's when it's a problem.
Old 2021-07-06, 03:52   Link #3518
WingedAccelerator

Waiting is probably the way to go with this development, but it doesn't mean we have to stay silent.

Firstly, Ishigami was clearly got dragged into this. He called the misunderstanding, but how do I say, he still "had to" act like an artificial knight for the sake of shipwank. He has a habit of doing this, indeed he has, but once again, his main priority had nothing to do with Iino. He can help her just fine even if he concentrates on someone else like Tsubame. But these damn annoying in-universe shippers want to make him responsible for not looking after Iino all the time. Why don't they just throw him under the bus when they are at it? Neither of them do anything to try and cure Iino, or has a talk with her or something, but Ishigami totally has to sacrifice himself for the "mentally ill" girl while they wash their hands. Onodera froced this on him, while Osaragi just continues to talk and be passive.

Secondly, I could probably give a lot of different occassions where Ishigami could have reached the same kind of question earlier, but didn't. Cue the lack of obvious shipping seeds before this moment. Chapter 72, 73, 85, 103, 154, 156, 188, 192, 206, 227. What's so special about this ocassion? The mention of Ootomo? Why use that card now?

Curious to see if the fan theory is correct and Aka only goes for Part 6 with an arc. This chapter is Part 5, and next chapter is also a volume ender. In an arc, where Osaragi barely appeared despite the title of the arc.
Old 2021-07-06, 08:34   Link #3519
Sixth
Hu Tao

Yeah, I don't like the current Ishi X Miko direction at all.

It made Ishigami's feeling towards Miko is so insincere if he needs someone to tell him that he "loves" Miko. not to discover by himself.

Things would be different if Ishigami saw Miko talking happily with random boys and it made Ishigami feels uncomfortable for whole days but nope, current Ishigami was happily enjoying his life and out of sudden he was dragged by people to "love" Miko, and he most likely will be saying "If everyone said I love Miko, then they must be right. I love you Miko!"
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-07, 19:38   Link #3520
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Finally read it and honestly I feel like you guys either misread something or exaggerated it to no end. I don't even think I can buy that stuff about him being pushed by in-universe shippers. Onodera didn't hit Ishigami because she wanted him to get off his backside and do something, she was mad because she feels like Miko's feelings for Ishigami led to the situation and so she's just looking for an outlet to her anger. She dragged him in partly because she'd already gone after him in her anger and thus revealed part of the situation, but to a big extent because she felt she could trust him not to go spread uncertain gossip.

One of the big things though is that he really didn't seem near as unhappy to be there as suggested. Yes, he's clearly uneasy, but it doesn't look like "this's a drag, she can do what she wants it has nothing to do with me". Rather, he seems afraid of getting involved. He doesn't want to make another mistake messing up the lives around him. So he ducks his head and tries to back off. And Onodera doesn't nag him or anything, she just asks if Miko really is just a random "somebody" to him. It doesn't matter if he sees her as a friend or as a love interest, that question would be the same: is this person who may be in trouble really just a face in the crowd that you feel OK abandoning to protect your own skin?

Overall, I'd say that his emotional investment is much higher than the previews suggested, and the outside pressure much less. Even the thought at the end didn't seem to suggest that he's thinking or suspecting that he might have "always loved her", just wondering exactly what it is he feels toward her. This's exactly what he'd need to think about for the story to progress one way or another: what is she to me.

Tags
coming of age, desconstruction, love triangle, romcom, school life