AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-19, 02:08   Link #261
klare

cant believe Megumi is really dead, i thought she is the main char...

the hairstyle of the chars are very... unique
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 03:16   Link #262
Magicberyl

just watched the first episode and devoured all manga chapters non-stop, now i wonder where can i find its novel? japanese or not i want it.

edit:

nevermind, found a chinese manga site, its slow as hell.

Last edited by Magicberyl; 2010-07-19 at 03:42.
Magicberyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 15:17   Link #263
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Saw second episode of Shiki Yesterday wont post a detailed summary . Though I don't read the manga coming across some fan-arts I have a very vague idea . Dont want to blurt out stuff so I will keep it short .

Yuki was acting way to cold towards Megumi's death and at her funeral . Yeah he barely knew her but you get caught in such things . Me thinks Ozaki will be the protagonist in this series as he has taken the lead along with Muroi . Ozaki is the only one who found the chain of events abnormal or strange . I liked Ozaki's investigative procedure so I wouldn't mind being the lead for sometime .

Though this was a transition episode w.r.p. to plot, I liked the pace of things . Cant wait for episode 3 as now we can only leave things out to speculation .
Old 2010-07-19, 15:39   Link #264
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
cant believe Megumi is really dead, i thought she is the main char...
She's not the main character, but it should be obvious who the main protagonists are from the second episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
Yuki was acting way to cold towards Megumi's death and at her funeral . Yeah he barely knew her but you get caught in such things .
Well, he's pretty cold towards her funeral, true, but it's not like it's not understandable. She was basically a stalker sitting outside his window, living out her little fantasy, and he did say he's upset about how she and the other villagers create roles for others and pigeonhole them. She was rather creepy He probably felt that he can't complain to their local police officer, either, since all that would do is just get him a bad rep in town - he is the outsider here.

Last edited by lightbringer; 2010-07-19 at 15:52.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 16:14   Link #265
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
She's not the main character
That's the problem, most of the promotional art and magazine scans for the adaptations made people believe that she was going to be, so can't really blame anyone for thinking it.
Old 2010-07-19, 18:01   Link #266
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
That's the problem, most of the promotional art and magazine scans for the adaptations made people believe that she was going to be, so can't really blame anyone for thinking it.
I recall something similar happening a while back with another show (unnamed to avoid spoilers but it was an urban fantasy involving swords and yokai extermination). It's not a bad stunt
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 18:06   Link #267
konart

Quote:
I recall something similar happening a while back with another show (unnamed to avoid spoilers but it was an urban fantasy involving swords and yokai extermination). It's not a bad stunt
You mean a certain Zero anime, right?

Anyway - death can be different
Old 2010-07-19, 22:59   Link #268
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Yeah, that really trolled us at the time.

It was an amazing first ep.
Old 2010-07-20, 13:29   Link #269
Syobon
Moe Member

I know it's not an epidemic, can't be like higurashi, wth is going on, I think we'll see Megumi again o.o

Last edited by Syobon; 2010-07-20 at 13:29. Reason: ............
Syobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 14:47   Link #270
destiny4everlove

It was the element of mystery that got me interested in this series, since I wouldn’t usually watch this kind of anime…why? Because I’m a bit of a chicken and I’m not too fond of horror series; however I like series in which the element of mystery plays an important part and the fact that Gackt is voicing one of the characters was enough to convince me to watch this series.

The opening of Shiki is perfect for the series. The music, the animation, the way the characters are portrayed; everything fits and goes extremely well with the horror theme of this anime. Now about the first episode …it wasn’t really scary but it did a good job introducing the mystery theme into the story.

Episode 2
This episode was very informative since we, the viewers, learned a couple of details that I have the feeling will be very important in figuring out how and why some many villagers have died in such a short time.

- The scene of Megumi’s parents at the very beginning of the episode was very sad; I felt really bad for Megumi’s parents. Toru Okawa (Ozaki's seiyuu) did an amazing job conveying Ozaki’s feelings of shock and frustration at realizing he had made two crucial mistakes: 1) misdiagnosing Megumi’s illness as a simple anemia and 2) thinking they could afford to wait until the blood test results came back. Even if he didn’t say it, I do think he felt responsible for Megumi’s death.

-I haven’t mentioned this yet, but I think it’s pretty cool how all the important characters in this series have unique and original hairstyles. You can easily distinguish who is a main character and who isn’t just by looking at their hair.

-Yuuki must be really sensitive to paranormal activity, since he seems to be able to perceive the presence of ghosts/zombies/vampires (or whatever it is that is wandering outside of his room). I don’t blame him for wanting to close the shoji screen; I would have done the same. However, it seems that he is not fully aware of his powers yet, I’m saying this because of the question he asked himself at the end of the ep.

I’m looking forward to episode 3; I’m just as interested as Ozaki in resolving the mystery behind the villagers’ deaths.

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
destiny4everlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 15:04   Link #271
wingman32x

Episode 2 was a very good episode, and I'm sold on the series. I love the foreboding atmosphere it has, and they've built up the mystery quite well so far. As far as this episode goes, it was pretty sad at the start. We got some good info about the possible cause of the deaths, to boot.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 03:37   Link #272
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Scariest part of ep 2: don't call the doctor!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 06:40   Link #273
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Yhep, that part almost made me jump. If everyone "infected" has that strong desire to deny help things might get tricky down the line (and that's just awesome )
Old 2010-07-22, 12:06   Link #274
LKK

Funi announced via Twitter and Facebook that due to technical difficulties, they won't be able to add episode 3 to its streaming site this week. They expect to have episode 3 up by or at the same time as episode 4 next week.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 19:04   Link #275
Katapan
俺様祭り

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 22:46   Link #276
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Funi announced via Twitter and Facebook that due to technical difficulties, they won't be able to add episode 3 to its streaming site this week. They expect to have episode 3 up by or at the same time as episode 4 next week.
Well that bites. I was waiting for the daughter to get introduced.
Old 2010-07-23, 03:08   Link #277
Sigsig

Just watched finish the 2nd ep, I think that Megumi's soul has came back, but perhaps not taken a physical form (read: vampire). Since Yuuki can apparently sense something watching him.. outside.

And perhaps, like what destiny4everlove mentioned, Yuuki may be exceptional in sensing paranormal activity. It just intrigues me how are they going to deal with vampires
Sigsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 08:47   Link #278
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Scariest part of episode 3:

Ghoul:

- He is definitely on my "suspect" list.

Not a ghoul:

I'll also have to say Shiki has been the least enjoyable thus far in years for a noitamina time slot.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 09:46   Link #279
Kakkou
Tch.

I'm not sure if I like their choice of putting some colour and slight shading into the eyes of the Kirishiki women. The purely black, hollow-ish look is much better, now they look like they have literal bug-eyes...
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 09:50   Link #280
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Aahh............................................ Time to start making up for the Thurs. anime I missed...

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire