AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2012-01-10, 00:21   Link #1941
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

But even if you bought a Japanese Blu-Ray disc you could play it on your machine, since it would be in Region A.
(Am I missing something here?)
Old 2012-01-10, 00:26   Link #1942
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
But even if you bought a Japanese Blu-Ray disc you could play it on your machine, since it would be in Region A.

that's very good , I'm just bummed out that there is no Blu-Ray English, or possible second season, no more Bandai, and the cost of imports is pricey!
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 08:14   Link #1943
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
that's very good , I'm just bummed out that there is no Blu-Ray English, or possible second season, no more Bandai, and the cost of imports is pricey!
Well, they did release English sub/dub Blu-Ray of the first season, you'll just have to get the four individual releases instead of a complete season set... That's still much cheaper than importing the Japanese ones.
Old 2012-01-10, 19:11   Link #1944
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Well, they did release English sub/dub Blu-Ray of the first season, you'll just have to get the four individual releases instead of a complete season set... That's still much cheaper than importing the Japanese ones.
thank you! I don't keep up with the English release so I had no clue they had all 14 episodes in Blu-ray. I'm defiantly going to buy these pretty soon! Also how good are the subs on these releases would you say there better then the fan subs? I own the manga, even though its yen press I remember people complained about some of the stuff in the sub translation of manga.
Old 2012-01-10, 19:16   Link #1945
Goggen

Quote:
thank you! I don't keep up with the English release so I had no clue they had all 14 episodes in Blu-ray. I'm defiantly going to buy these pretty soon! Also how good are the subs on these releases would you say there better then the fan subs? I own the manga, and I remember people complaining about some of the stuff in the sub translation of manga.
Well I can't really comment on the translation quality, but the dialogue of the official subs was pretty good IMO. There were some occasional oddities, but overall nothing to really complain about.

I know the manga translation annoyed some people with changing "Light Music Club" to "Pop Music Club" and "Azu-nyan" to "Azu-meow", but this isn't the case with the anime subs. The subs use "Light Music Club" and "Azu-nyan".
Old 2012-01-12, 19:18   Link #1946
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:

just bought those things with the K-ON! · 2 Illustrations book! I'm a sucker...

It finally came in the mail, a poster, book markers, and official art book. Theres a couple pictures in the book that people haven't scanned. (e.g. there is a picture of Houkago Tea Time in the front cover page of a Rock n Roll Magazine
Old 2012-01-19, 17:32   Link #1947
Seihai
スマイリウム

Azunyan, Mio Lazy and Yui Bunkasai! http://i.imgur.com/DcMBx.jpg Feels like a great achievement.
Old 2012-01-19, 22:04   Link #1948
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

So I picked up a little something to encourage me in working on music.

Yeah, a Yui figurine. In the same corner I keep my amps and guitars. She cost nearly 25% of what that Epiphone Les Paul in the foreground cost me.

Yay?
Old 2012-01-19, 23:53   Link #1949
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Forte
need 2 more nendoroids to complete the set... *dead*

Old 2012-01-21, 13:07   Link #1950
Charsiupao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post

Then there's also the Live Stage versions!
Charsiupao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 18:27   Link #1951
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer

^yep, I knew that. But I think I won't buy the live stage ver. They are unreasonably pricey here in my country.
Old 2012-01-21, 22:16   Link #1952
Charsiupao

Quote:
^yep, I knew that. But I think I won't buy the live stage ver. They are unreasonably pricey here in my country.
It's quite pricey here too, slightly more than the price of 3 regular Nendos. Considering that I get 2 Nendos + 1 stage for the price of about 3 regular Nendos it's not that bad. Still quite pricey, and I'm still thinking. Those extra face options are just horribly tempting, though!!
Old 2012-01-22, 04:28   Link #1953
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charsiupao View Post
It's quite pricey here too, slightly more than the price of 3 regular Nendos. Considering that I get 2 Nendos + 1 stage for the price of about 3 regular Nendos it's not that bad. Still quite pricey, and I'm still thinking. Those extra face options are just horribly tempting, though!!
ah~ I just remembered that some months ago someone was offered me his complete set of K-ON live stage nendoroids for quite cheap price. But I refused it since the price is really cheap and I don't know him very well...
Old 2012-01-22, 09:11   Link #1954
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Wow, you really went for it so how's your wallet-chan? lol XD
The live stage version is very intriguing indeed. But I only want one~ which is impossible since they sold them as 2 pairs. That makes it kinda lacking if we only have 1 pair and then even when we have the complete set, it still feels lacking because Azusa isn't included.
Old 2012-01-22, 12:37   Link #1955
Charsiupao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
The live stage version is very intriguing indeed. But I only want one~ which is impossible since they sold them as 2 pairs. That makes it kinda lacking if we only have 1 pair and then even when we have the complete set, it still feels lacking because Azusa isn't included.
You can get the sets separately from eBay, although the prices will obviously be more expensive than if you got both sets at once. I know how you feel, though - for me the Mio/Ritsu set is infinitely more appealing than the Yui/Mugi set, although Mugi has a really nice face there.

The Live Stage set is based on the band's first performance at the school festival, I think, and so Azusa hadn't joined the band (or even the school) at that time. If she was included it'd make things awkward as to what she should be wearing.
Old 2012-01-22, 12:56   Link #1956
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charsiupao View Post
You can get the sets separately from eBay, although the prices will obviously be more expensive than if you got both sets at once. I know how you feel, though - for me the Mio/Ritsu set is infinitely more appealing than the Yui/Mugi set, although Mugi has a really nice face there.

The Live Stage set is based on the band's first performance at the school festival, I think, and so Azusa hadn't joined the band (or even the school) at that time. If she was included it'd make things awkward as to what she should be wearing.
Yup, I know that. I'm only interested in Mugi but then again, buying her separately from Yui feels wrong too XD

Yeah, fuwa-fuwa time concert. Azusa wasn't there. But she actually has an official costume if she were joining that concert. It's red colored. As far as I know it's only seen on Houkago Live! PSP game
Old 2012-01-22, 18:10   Link #1957
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Wallet-chan? She never look as emaciated as now. *my money... Orz...*

indeed. That's one of the reasons why I'm still considering to exclude live stage ver. from buylist. Somehow, it feels lacking one of the band member. Although we already knew that Azusa hadn't joined the band that time since she was still in middleschool.
Old 2012-01-22, 19:19   Link #1958
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Romeo Mio and Ritsu Juliet.
Casual Yui and Mugi

http://sadpanda.us/images/820342-XOB927Y.jpg
Old 2012-01-24, 05:49   Link #1959
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

More K-on figures
Old 2012-01-27, 00:47   Link #1960
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ui by AlphaMax
http://alphamax.jp/item/ax0066ui.html

We alway need DAT ASS! Shot

For those who cannot see the other 2 images I earlier posted.