AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-01-20, 10:56   Link #141
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hoping we see some gameplay footage soon for Robin.
Old 2012-01-21, 01:35   Link #142
marvelB

Somewhat unrelated to this thread, but it looks like a new OP Unlimited game may be in the works. There's been no confirmation yet, but expect a new thread to appear if details DO arise....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 07:28   Link #143
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Somewhat unrelated to this thread, but it looks like a new OP Unlimited game may be in the works. There's been no confirmation yet, but expect a new thread to appear if details DO arise....
Well, I doubt it'd be called something like New World Cruise if it intends to stay with the "Unlimited" series of games. I mean, we got Unlimited Adventure and Unlimited Cruise.... but I can see why "Unlimited New World" would sounds terrible~
Old 2012-01-22, 04:58   Link #144
Undertaker

BTW, I went to the Official site again, it now add Nami and Ussop in the character profile with Naim in her Enis Lobby outfit.

It also mention that 01/23 tomorrow, or today in U.S. (which happens to be Lunar/Chinese New Year, BTW) about a new trailer.
Old 2012-01-22, 23:47   Link #145
DeathStrike
SLASH!

YES!!! :love :

New One Piece: Pirate Warriors Trailer Shows 8 Straw Hats in Action
Old 2012-01-23, 00:07   Link #146
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Oh god, that Luffy's "NO MATTER WHAT!" looked sooo good~

So, either Sogeking is an unlockable ability for Usopp.... or it's an alt costume. That being the case, the question is will it be his classic outfit, or a 3rd outfit?
Old 2012-01-23, 03:46   Link #147
Undertaker

So that's the new trailer the official website was talking about, all I can say is...

Holy crap, I didn't think they'll even include such minor event (relatively speaking) in Luffy v.s. Ussop.

It also seems in addition to post time skip attires, there are at least some variation in custom with Sogeking and Bandana Zoro.

It also shows Drum Island and Alabasta, I wonder if Vivi is playable.

One thing that reveals, is that it also seem to use the on-the-fly character switch system that are in StrikeForce (Multi Raid if you perfer) and Orochi Musou titles as well.

But damn, this game is shaping up to be a beast and every well could be my favorite game for this year if not this whole gaming generation.

BTW, Frankies' flying E Honda move is full of win!!!!!!

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-01-23 at 03:59.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 06:04   Link #148
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
So that's the new trailer the official website was talking about, all I can say is...

Holy crap, I didn't think they'll even include such minor event (relatively speaking) in Luffy v.s. Ussop.
to be honest luffy vs ussop is kinda big. it maybe not as epic as major battle like enies lobby but definitively major story point. beside is not really that hard to make boss fight based on that event

i believe that ussop and sogeking will have different move set

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 06:10   Link #149
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I didn't have to wait long for Robin gameplay footage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
So, either Sogeking is an unlockable ability for Usopp.... or it's an alt costume.
Personally i don't see why it would be an ability. Obviously going to be a second costume.
Old 2012-01-23, 07:40   Link #150
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
to be honest luffy vs ussop is kinda big. it maybe not as epic as major battle like enies lobby but definitively major story point. beside is not really that hard to make boss fight based on that event

i believe that ussop and sogeking will have different move set
I'm not saying it's not a major story point, but as far as an action game goes, it is one of those event that can be carried over with narrative if they needs to include it in the game. And it still depend on how rest of the game goes, I still rather have a boss battle against Sentoumaru than a Ussop fight.
Old 2012-01-23, 08:00   Link #151
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I didn't have to wait long for Robin gameplay footage.

Personally i don't see why it would be an ability. Obviously going to be a second costume.
I dunno... it's kinda like how one of Usopp's specials in Unlimited Cruise was to turn into Sogeking... powering up his attacks.

But odds are it's a costume~
Old 2012-01-23, 09:15   Link #152
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
I dunno... it's kinda like how one of Usopp's specials in Unlimited Cruise was to turn into Sogeking... powering up his attacks.

But odds are it's a costume~
Keeping in mind what the Musou series is like regarding costumes, i can just see it being one.

Another thing this trailer shows is just how much content we're going to see from the original series. I really hope a few of the smaller arcs (Davy Back Fight Arc for instants) will be included.
Old 2012-01-23, 10:15   Link #153
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
I'm not saying it's not a major story point, but as far as an action game goes, it is one of those event that can be carried over with narrative if they needs to include it in the game. And it still depend on how rest of the game goes, I still rather have a boss battle against Sentoumaru than a Ussop fight.
i dont think it really hurt them much to add another boss fight.

Quote:

Another thing this trailer shows is just how much content we're going to see from the original series. I really hope a few of the smaller arcs (Davy Back Fight Arc for instants) will be included.

i do hope scamco dont ruin this like make skypeia and davy jones arc as DLC

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 14:12   Link #154
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
i dont think it really hurt them much to add another boss fight.
And that's my point, regardless whether Luffy v.s. Ussop is a boss fight nor just a cut scene it shows the added depth to the game that is far beyond what I was expecting before.
Old 2012-01-23, 15:49   Link #155
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
And that's my point, regardless whether Luffy v.s. Ussop is a boss fight nor just a cut scene it shows the added depth to the game that is far beyond what I was expecting before.
And rightfully so. A current gen One Piece game has been long overdue. Seeing as how they've had lots of time to plan out/develop this project, I'd expect this game to have lots of depth/content unlike its shallow predecessors. This game deserves to be grand.
Old 2012-01-23, 16:14   Link #156
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
And rightfully so. A current gen One Piece game has been long overdue. Seeing as how they've had lots of time to plan out/develop this project, I'd expect this game to have lots of depth/content unlike its shallow predecessors. This game deserves to be grand.
It's not like One Piece games need a lot of depth. The previous titles did the job they set out to do, and Kaizoku Musou will be the same. There will probably be the same amount of depth there is in the Musou franchise, which i'm sure isn't as much as you are expecting.

Just don't want you feeling disappointed when the game is released, that's all.
Old 2012-01-23, 17:09   Link #157
marvelB

Yeah, that was an awesome trailer! Too bad we didn't see Brooke, though. It's especially sad since even Vivi made an appearance (though it's true that we actually haven't had confirmation that she was playable).....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 17:16   Link #158
Undertaker

Quote:
It's not like One Piece games need a lot of depth. The previous titles did the job they set out to do, and Kaizoku Musou will be the same. There will probably be the same amount of depth there is in the Musou franchise, which i'm sure isn't as much as you are expecting.

Just don't want you feeling disappointed when the game is released, that's all.
The trailer isn't helping though. So far the all the trailer shown is a game that combined all Musou game features with MUCH better emphasis on presentation. So far the cut scenes and the materials covered had absolutely blew my mind as far as what I expected from a Musou OP.

And that says a lot considering I'm as gid a Musou game fan as you can find and played every proper Musou title that's been released including the Asian only MultiRaid 2.
Old 2012-01-23, 17:20   Link #159
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, that was an awesome trailer! Too bad we didn't see Brooke, though. It's especially sad since even Vivi made an appearance (though it's true that we actually haven't had confirmation that she was playable).....
Maybe we'll get a new trailer featuring Brook next month (February) before it's release (March).
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 18:15   Link #160
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Question(I kinda glossed over the thread, so might have missed it): Are we getting Musou attacks?
I kinda figure something like Luffy would be his Gears etc.
One of my favorite aspects of the game series is the specials, they can be immensely enjoyable when you cut through the hordes with a special

I've been playing DW7:XL for mast couple of weeks and I so want this, so hoping to see a EU release!

Tags
ps3, video games