AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-09-03, 23:25   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 645 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Spoilers have been released.

Last edited by james0246; 2013-09-10 at 09:45.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 03:08   Link #2
Tchadnis

oh my can you tell Sasuke getting frustrated .. naruto mixing , senjustu chakra with all technique kinda impressive
Old 2013-09-04, 03:16   Link #3
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Chapter is out.

Can be summed up by saying Infinite Tsukuyomi cast. Kishi seems to like what he did in The Road to Ninja movie. In that movie, Obito cast a limited Tsukuyomi on just Naruto and Sakura. He created a new world where all the characters were their opposites. So Kishi can be unlimited with what he can do here now and move us away from the boring battlefield setting and the same four characters every chapter. In the genjutsu world, everyone can have their secret desires. He can really do something interesting. Hopefully he won't blow this opportunity.

Sage Kyuubi Mode wasn't that interesting.

Sasuke is jealous. And the return of Idiot Naruto. Although he was also in the last chapter and never is far away.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 04:01   Link #4
Jehuty

I'm not sure how I feel about this chapter. I mean, it's... lackluster? I don't want to talk about the contents of it yet since it *just* came out, and I don't want to spoil it, but I was really expecting more than this.

Almost felt like a *shudder* Bleach chapter.
Old 2013-09-04, 04:16   Link #5
Eragon
Still Alive

I think I'm gonna throw up....too much sugar...
Old 2013-09-04, 05:00   Link #6
ImperialFlameGod8190

agreed this was really poor I mean there's nothing special about it and admittedly it was probably predictable that he'd be able to use sage mode with the kyuubi but just give him some limitations heck the only thing missing is kakashi who has no doubt seen all of naruto's tricks using a sexy jutsu of rin (that would actually be priceless)
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 06:40   Link #7
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Jealous Sasuke and Tsundere Kurama

yay!!! feels glad to see Naruto got his spotlight in front of badass predecessor
while his father still emo... getting sad and miss his wife...
can't blame a proud dad though
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 06:57   Link #8
animeisinteresting

Oh look, the rivalry that caused Emoske to leave in the first place is making a comeback. I wonder when he's going to turn against Naruto and Co.
animeisinteresting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 07:00   Link #9
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeisinteresting View Post
Oh look, the rivalry that caused Emoske to leave in the first place is making a comeback. I wonder when he's going to turn against Naruto and Co.
Naw, he's all grown up and ready to acknowledge the fact that Naruto is fit to become hokage...that's about everything people are saying now, anyways.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 08:05   Link #10
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
agreed this was really poor I mean there's nothing special about it and admittedly it was probably predictable that he'd be able to use sage mode with the kyuubi but just give him some limitations
-I'd have thought we'd be against this sort of thinking now that we're in the end-game of Naruto. I remember a lot of people raising a fit whenever some of Naruto's new techniques came with a lot of drawbacks. Rasenshuriken had very limited range and damaged his cells. It has since been upgrades and fixed. Sage Mode only lasted 5 minutes because Kurama was being an ass. That too seems to have been fixed. Kyuubi Chakra Mode (the first one) was also limited in supply but has now been upgraded since Kurama is on board now. Basically, we've entered the home stretch of the story. There is only just a few things left to wrap up and finish so I don't see the need for placing limitations now.

-Having said that though, I am not sure how much I like Minato having the exact same, but darker, version of full bijuu mode. It makes Naruto's feel a bit less special. But at the same time, that's 2 massive chakra beings making a giant Rasengan infused with nature energy and trying to ram it into some massive whiner's face. So there's some things to really like.
Old 2013-09-04, 09:15   Link #11
james0246

Well that was fast. It seems any concept of pacing has been thrown out the window by now, and everything is in a mad rush to simply finish. Sad, but still true.

All we can hope for now is for Nagato's dog to come back in the I.T. Poor dog never got its chance to shine...(Nagato can be replaced with Obito, and dog can be replaced with Rin).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 09:30   Link #12
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

If this new mode does nothing new I don't think I'll be too surprised, but it's prolly a little too soon to tell. Based on shodaimes (who naruto is apparently a bigger idiot than and better hokage)use of sage mode, I'd say naruto has a lot of room to make some things happen.
Nidaime has realized they can't continue telegraphing moves. Maybe naruto clones himself out and goes on a full assault with frog taijutsu...I don't think juubito would see that coming

Last edited by Artimus_Prime; 2013-09-04 at 09:45.
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 09:41   Link #13
forcerounds

Sasuke isn't going to admit that he might have been better off returning to the village after Itachi's death, is he? Sasuke isn't going to admit that he gained very little from his extended revenge plot, is he? Sasuke isn't going to resolve himself to become stronger in a manner that does not inconvenience others, is he?

But maybe he'll feel better about himself if his sharingan is capable of stopping or slowing down the infinite tsukuyomi.
forcerounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 10:01   Link #14
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcerounds View Post
Sasuke isn't going to admit that he might have been better off returning to the village after Itachi's death, is he? Sasuke isn't going to admit that he gained very little from his extended revenge plot, is he? Sasuke isn't going to resolve himself to become stronger in a manner that does not inconvenience others, is he?

But maybe he'll feel better about himself if his sharingan is capable of stopping or slowing down the infinite tsukuyomi.
He became a badass under Orochimaru. I mean, sure, he is crazy like a fox (see what I did tharr), but he had the ability to back it up. The damage he did to Raikage, and then to Danzou is no small feat.

I'm not a fan of his hax op, but now he looks downright normal compared to what's going on around him.
Old 2013-09-04, 11:11   Link #15
Kurohane

What some people have talked about finally happened. A combination between Kyuubi and Sage Mode. What Sasuke doesn't know is that instead of learning an assortment of different jutsu, Naruto learned jutsu that improves his chakra control. First, it was Rasengan that dealt with manipulating chakra to rotate at high speeds. Then, the Rasen-Shuriken dealt with applying elemental nature to chakra manipulation, using spatial and elemental recompostion. Sage mode required adding natural energy to your two already existing energies that make chakra and balance them. Everything Naruto's learned all the back from the tree exercise had to do with manipulating chakra. That's why now, even though he doesn't know variety of techniques, he can use the ones he knows in different ways, namely the different forms of Rasengan, like with the help of Kurama's chapter, the Wakusei Rasengan that put out of action the third Tsuchikage.

I have no doubt Madara is going to act now. Obito obviously is doing his own thing. However, what he plans to do is still up in the air.
Old 2013-09-04, 11:12   Link #16
itachi-san314

another crappy chapter. i am very disappointed in sasuke's return. apparently gaining EMS meant nothing
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 11:16   Link #17
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

A lot better than previous week. I really dig the artwork when the giant Kyubi appears and Naruto and Kurama's discussion was fun.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 11:31   Link #18
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
another crappy chapter. i am very disappointed in sasuke's return. apparently gaining EMS meant nothing
Well hopefully its that he just hasn't "discovered" the ability yet(He didn't learn to use Susanoo or Amaterasu right away either). Sasuke usually learns things intuitively, when the situation calls for it, then perfects/modifies it later on. Its usually necessary for him to be pressured(perhaps near death), which hasn't happened much yet... While the fight with Kabuto was dangerous, he was holding back and wasn't pressured the way he was during the summit or against killerbee.

But yeah I didn't think this chapter was that great either, just the same non-stop glorification we've been getting for months, without much plot.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 11:54   Link #19
shalala

Sasuke it totallly jealous of naruto. There has been times that it has shown. Much like when both battled on the rooftop of the hospital. Stilll the father & son kyuubi battle was cool. Now that Kurama has shown his dere side and allowed Naruto to use sage mode while in kyuubi mode can this mean that Ma & Pa will be able to finally join the battle and fuse with naruto like Jiraiya did?
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 13:24   Link #20
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
Nidaime has realized they can't continue telegraphing moves. Maybe naruto clones himself out and goes on a full assault with frog taijutsu...I don't think juubito would see that coming
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Now that Kurama has shown his dere side and allowed Naruto to use sage mode while in kyuubi mode can this mean that Ma & Pa will be able to finally join the battle and fuse with naruto like Jiraiya did?
Obito just cast IT. That means this boring Naruto fight is thankfully over. No more stupid Super Kyuubi Sage Mode. It should switch the scenery and we see what Madara has planned.

The next volume should deal with the genjutsu world and how they figure out something is wrong, and break out of it.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion