AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Your favorite Higurashi character Pt. 2
Maebara Keiichi 73 17.18%
Ryuguu Rena 157 36.94%
Sonozaki Mion 66 15.53%
Houjou Satoko 15 3.53%
Furude Rika 68 16.00%
Sonozaki Shion 46 10.82%
Voters: 425. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-02, 21:12   Link #21
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Ryuguu Rena.
Simply because Nakahara Mai pulled an amazing job with Bi-polar Rena during Onikakushi-hen. Reminds me of the good ol' days of crazy Mai in Mai-Hime

Last edited by Shirobane; 2006-06-11 at 02:38.
Old 2006-06-02, 23:37   Link #22
Implosion
Sushi Terrorist

Well, he's not a main character but right now Tomitake is my favorite! I can't wait to find out more about him. n_n

Out of the 'main' ones, I'm going to have to say Mion as well.
Old 2006-06-11, 04:12   Link #23
AzureFlux
faito

Spoiler for Rika FTW:

Last edited by AzureFlux; 2006-06-11 at 14:42.
Old 2006-06-11, 10:11   Link #24
Deku Kirby

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureFlux
Frederica *cough* I mean Furude Rika ftw \o/

For me, it was really a tough choice between Rena and Rika. Rena is a really strong-willed, perceptive (to lies ) and sharp girl, but Rika is certainly no less smarter than her. Her みー and にぱ~☆ is just "かぁいい~", and she certainly knows how to fully make use of that. I love her ability to write poems as well... you can tell that there is just so much depth to her by looking at the poems.

Uh...spoilers?

Geez...
Old 2006-06-11, 12:17   Link #25
AzureFlux
faito

No not really... there isnt any ACTUAL EVIDENCE anywhere that makes that link, meaning it's not even a fact. It's purely based on speculations and your personal opinion. That's how I want to interpret the poems anyway... though I do recall Sushi-Y mentioning somewhere about Ryukishi07 denying the connection in the Fanbook(?). It's kinda interesting though if you try to interpret the two names that way /o/ Well I will put them in spoiler tags just in case then

Last edited by AzureFlux; 2006-06-11 at 14:46.
Old 2006-06-12, 04:41   Link #26
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to SweetSpring
Furunde Rika for me!!!shes cute and sweet!
Old 2006-06-12, 05:28   Link #27
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Rena What's not to like about her? Either in Oyashiro-sama or detective mode, she stills rules She's cute, and I really like her clothes Her cleaver design is nice, and her OP appearance is disturbing yet beatiful.

Rena

Not that Rika or Satoko are not nice But I had to vote just one
Old 2006-06-12, 07:07   Link #28
Freakman

AzureFlux : Ryukishi released an official fanbook, in which he did deny the assumption that Furude Rika was Frederica Bernkastel.
Old 2006-06-12, 10:03   Link #29
Amaranthine

As great as all the characters are, for me it was always going to be a choice between Rika and Satoko. It was a hard choice, but in the end I settled on Rika. Why? Well... because I accidentally clicked on "Vote Now" instead of "View Poll Results", and I happened to have her selected at the time. :/

I'm pretty sure I would have settled on her in the end though, so no harm done. As great as Satoko is, and as much as I'm sure I'll love her development as Tatarigoroshi-hen continues, Rika is (IMO) unbearably cute. Sure, Mion has her dere side, Rena... is Rena, and Satoko has her pointy tooth, her energy and all the things Sushi-Y mentioned... but how can they beat this?:
Spoiler for saving space:

Also the "Fight-o!" not long after that. Too cute. ^^;

Then there's her more serious and mature side, also well displayed in that same scene. She seems older than her years sometimes, and quite mysterious. (Although that's to be expected about the characters in a story like this, I think she has an aura of mystery about her personality which would be retained even in a different setting.) She's the character that intrigues me most, so combine that with the cuteness and I'm looking forward to seeing more of her.
Old 2006-06-13, 10:54   Link #30
rocket
Senior and Demented

Oooh tough choice!

Yes, yes, I too will regret it later, but let me give mad props to our bad-assed, softer sided Yakuza leader, confident enough to pack a toy pistol and play board games with the younger kids, geeky enough (to pack a toy pistol and play board games), and girly enough too poof into SD mode when embarrased.

Yes, the scene that's Lemonhead's avatar completely won me over!

I think though, that as the story unfolds I may have to swing back to Rena - my heart went out to her standing in the rain, plus she has super detective powers and a HUGE POINTY AXE, which you know are two important selling points. (^_^)
Old 2006-06-13, 11:18   Link #31
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
After all this, Mion's still my fav. I stand by my vote from before.
Old 2006-06-13, 18:46   Link #32
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Once you guys see Tatarigoroshi, you can look back to this post and regret how you didn't vote for Satoko.

And once you guys see the end of Meakashi, you can look back to this post and(clip

There should definately be a second vote for this. Maybe when all the question chapters are out. So you guys can realize your mistakes and vote for Satoko!!

a...ahem.
*fears Sushi-Y's confidence about us regretting not having voted for Satoko*.....

Well, it's my policy to not vote untill I have seen a series to its end. I just watched the first two episodes of tatarigoroshi and I have come to feel so painfully sorry for Satoko, and then I see in this thread that Satoko only has 3 votes so far doesn't help things at all...OMG teh pains...

Satoko is indeed a very perfect little sister type of character, loveable pointy tooth, cute variant of oujosama laughter oh-hohoho, and she's a headband girl to top it off *will always :heart: headband girls like Kaede, Akari and Satoko* (from shuffle and to heart)
I can't help having this protective feeling towards her, and the fact that she's trying so hard just boosts that feeling, I really wish I had a second vote. For what it's worth I would almost surely vote for Satoko if I had a secondary vote.

I also like Rika, she also a very perfect little sister, miiii :hearts:. I'm looking forward to her chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Rena What's not to like about her? Either in Oyashiro-sama or detective mode, she stills rules She's cute, and I really like her clothes Her cleaver design is nice, and her OP appearance is disturbing yet beatiful.

Rena

Not that Rika or Satoko are not nice But I had to vote just one
npal senpai!*me agrees* I understand senpais felings about Rena very much uunhh*nods*
Rena

Rena has so many modes, and I :heart: them all.
kana~?....kana~? cute mode -> instant :heart:
her higurashi mode -> instant *fear*/:heart:
her Usoda! and the way she tried to knock open keiichi's door -> instant *fear*/:heart:
her detective mode -> instant :heart:
and the "sugoi-moe-protective-onee-chan-like-reliable-person" feeling which follows is instant win
her super moe mode which can even defy her age and previous animations:

her "moe-moe-rori-rittle-rena" mode moe kana~?...kana~?
and of course, her cleaver -> instant flawless victory noble phantasm
(rivaled only by Kaede's Legendary Boxcutter of course)

Rena for teh instant win!

I haven't voted yet due to my policy but as it is now i already :fear:/:heart: Rena to a point of no return, so you can count Rena's vote with a +1 from me untill the subs for the last episode is out.
Old 2006-07-07, 20:58   Link #33
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

Err...

This is a little hard. ><

But I'd probably say Mion. She's outgoing, fun, loud, competitive, and sort of deranged. (coughWatanagashi-hencough) I love her character. And it doesn't hurt that her seiyuu is Yukino Satsuki. (Yoruichi!! )

I didn't really like Rena at first because she seemed like a bit of an airhead... but then when she switched to her Oyashiro-sama mode, I realized there was more to her than her cute "kana~kana"... in fact, the "kana~" started to sound creepy after a while.

Oh, and I have to say that Rika is awesome too. She seems innocent and caring, but also ambiguously mysterious at the same time... is there more to her? Most likely. Seeing as the last three arcs have covered each of the girls respectively, the next arc will probably focus on Rika.

Also, props to Keiichi for being an unconventional harem lead. He's crazy enough to kill people.

Ahh! I'm starting to get Higurashi deprival! (Waits patiently for next episode...)

~ Noodlehead
Old 2006-07-09, 00:34   Link #34
Icehawk

Its more or less a tie for me between Rena and Mion, however, I would say Rena edges out to the front a bit more. Theirs just something about all of Rena's various traits that seem to grab me a little more than Mion's.
Old 2006-07-09, 03:17   Link #35
SnowfairyX

I voted in this poll much earlier on (probably in the first 4-6 eps.) but after 13 episodes so far, my favorite character would still have to be Rena. She just seems to be a very well-rounded character and I like that she's cute, smart and occasionally psycho . I'm really liking all the characters overall though and after this arc, I'm starting to like Keiichi and Satoko (maybe my 2nd favorite character) a bit more. Also, for some reason, even though I thought Keiichi got a little dumber in each arc, I'm starting to like him a bit more each time . I can't quite explain that.
Old 2006-07-16, 22:26   Link #36
shiro83

Mion: cos she is wacky.
Old 2006-07-16, 23:12   Link #37
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Oh man. Rena or Shion... Rena or Shion...
Shion has the waitress costume. Plus her shy-yet-blatantly-flirty personality is full of win.
Rena has the giant knife. And her 'Hau~' and 'kana kana.' And landfill-diving for Colonel Sanders is made of so much awesome I thought my head would explode.
Oh, and then there's Rika with her 'Nipa~' which is the single most addictive noise out of the whole thing.
Gah, I can't choose!
Old 2006-07-17, 09:59   Link #38
LostBlue
祭囃子

My fav will be "K" depending how the anime portrays him in Tsumihoroboshi (Chp 6). He's just way too awesome in that chapter and the following.

But Shi and Satoko needs more votes!
They both have awesome scenes in the upcoming Chp 5.
Old 2006-08-02, 09:34   Link #39
MarmoO

I demand Shion&Mion option and I refuse to vote for any of them alone.
Old 2006-08-02, 17:20   Link #40
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
I demand more people vote for either of them. XD Especially Mion!

Closed Thread