AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-06, 19:27   Link #1321
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iramohs View Post
Tatsuya will not move against the Yotsuba if doing so has an adverse effect on Miyuki.

Lina without Brionac is equal to Miyuki. Lina with Brionac is almost equal to Tatsuya. She'd have a hard time killing him, and if Tatsuya wanted to kill her one Trident activation would do it.

I always thought that his identity as Taurus Silver would be revealed first and it would cause the students to really warm up to him. I do think it's funny that they avoid Tatsuya and Miyuki once they realize they're "not" blood related. Especially for their friends, thinking back on all of the TatsXMiyuki moments that seemed a little odd are now classified as extremely fucking weird and sexual.
Perhaps they students start to avoid them because they are the Yotsuba? I'd imagine that in the public's eyes, especially in the magician community, the Yotsuba is seen as intimidating and dangerous
Old 2015-05-06, 19:27   Link #1322
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Used to it but keeping up is still very difficult, that's the point, the Parade of someone of Lina's caliber is not such an easy technique to counter, he can train more but it's the same for Lina, Tatsuya will never be able to deal with Lina's Parade easily. If it's difficult for Lina to focus her computing power on other magics while using Brionac then it's safe to assume there's something similar for Tatsuya and his Lance.
There's no reason to believe he wouldn't be able to deal with Parade any easier with a longer time to train based off his progress he made with dealing with it with just 2 weeks of training. The only thing similar between Brionac and Brayon Lance is that they both are based off FEA theory, other than that no our similarities have been revealed. Also Tatsuya can use AOE decomposition while operating the third eye with MB at the same time, so I doubt using it with Brayon lance would be an issue. Plus Like I said earlier, he doesn't need Brayon Lance for Lina, since she doesn't use an anti-magic barrier and GDA like I've said before. Plus Trident has already proven to be more that sufficient.

You keep making me repeat myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
The deal was that the Yotsuba would owe her, not the USNA, a personal favor. So she's hardly likely to tell anyone about it.
"If she was on personal terms with the “Yotsuba”, then she had more
than enough to reclaim her lost position in the military and then some.
"

How else is she going to accomplish this without telling her superiors? Their mission was an utter failure, using this deal to appease the USNA higher-ups is the only way i can think of that would have her forgiven for her failure.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-06, 19:38   Link #1323
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Perhaps they students start to avoid them because they are the Yotsuba? I'd imagine that in the public's eyes, especially in the magician community, the Yotsuba is seen as intimidating and dangerous
That's probably the most of it. It could also be the fact that they're engaged. Miyuki has pretty much betrayed all the guys' expectation. I think we can expect an end to her idol dictatorship.

Hehehe. I bet that dirty politician from volume 12 that was giving Miyuki the eye is wetting his pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mahesvara_ View Post
"If she was on personal terms with the “Yotsuba”, then she had more than enough to reclaim her lost position in the military and then some."

How else is she going to accomplish this without telling her superiors? Their mission was an utter failure, using this deal to appease the USNA higher-ups is the only way i can think of that would have her forgiven for her failure.
She's gonna call in this favor sometime in the future for help on some other mission that'll yield amazing results.

There's something you're forgetting. Remember Virginia's part of the deal? She would use her influence to end the incident for a personal favor from the Yotsuba. In other words, she ended the investigation into a potential strategic-class magician to detriment of the USNA for her own benefit. That's an abuse of power and not something she's gonna tell her superiors.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-06, 19:43   Link #1324
Jiminy

Quote:
I think so too. Would you like to be close to people who belong to a bunch of "killers and psychopaths" (societys' perception not necessarily the reality)
The result of the students shying away might be quit devastating. For example something like when the Shibas enter a room a few minutes later it's empty. Ok that's maybe an exaggeration but still ... It might have quit an effect on the Shibas even though they didn't have strong connections anyway. To see every one around you being afraid ... I think they will care sooner or later.
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-06, 19:45   Link #1325
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
That's probably the most of it. It could also be the fact that they're engaged. Miyuki has pretty much betrayed all the guys' expectation. I think we can expect an end to her idol dictatorship.

Hehehe. I bet that dirty politician from volume 12 that was giving Miyuki the eye is wetting his pants.

She's gonna call in this favor sometime in the future for help on some other mission that'll yield amazing results.

There's something you're forgetting. Remember Virginia's part of the deal? She would use her influence to end the incident for a personal favor from the Yotsuba. In other words, she ended the investigation into a potential strategic-class magician that would have been beneficial to the USNA for her own benefit. That's an abuse of power and not something she's gonna tell her superiors.
I just read that part not that long ago, I'm rereading vol 12

She would have to give a valid reason for doing so though. I don't think the USNA chiefs of staff would except anything like "We couldn't find anything solid, so we gave up".
Old 2015-05-06, 19:49   Link #1326
bakato

Quote:
I just read that part not that long ago, I'm rereading vol 12

She would have to give a valid reason for doing so though. I don't think the USNA chiefs of staff would except anything like "We couldn't find anything solid, so we gave up".
You don't last long in the world of politics without being able to make decent excuses and you'd be surprised at what you can get away with with enough influence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy View Post
I think so too. Would you like to be close to people who belong to a bunch of "killers and psychopaths" (societys' perception not necessarily the reality)
The result of the students shying away might be quit devastating. For example something like when the Shibas enter a room a few minutes later it's empty. Ok that's maybe an exaggeration but still ... It might have quit an effect on the Shibas even though they didn't have strong connections anyway. To see every one around you being afraid ... I think they will care sooner or later.
Is the dark nature of the Yotsuba even known to the average magician? Is it possible that this is not actually the case and everyone is just shocked by their deception? They must be feeling awkward too since the boy and girl they believed to be siblings are now engaged.

Effect? Dude. Our girl's just found out she's not really her beloved brother's sibling genetically and they can and will be married without publicly breaking taboo. She's on cloud nine. I doubt this'll put a dent in her mood.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-06, 19:56   Link #1327
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
You don't last long in the world of politics without being able to make decent excuses and you'd be surprised at what you can get away with with enough influence.
Whatever excuse she did make up, had to appease the Yotsuba as well, in order to make sure the USNA doesn't investigate Tatsuya again.
Old 2015-05-06, 19:57   Link #1328
erbrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy View Post
Miyuki doesn't care for anyone else's opinion other than Tatsuya.

Tatsuya is satisfied if Miyuki is happy and safe. Tatsuya never wanted any attention at school, Miyuki was the one who tried to make him a Star, Tatsuya just followed his sister's wishes.

Reference the 9SC when he almost killed the guy who use the golden electron silkworms. Everyone went back to their avoidance of him, but he just walked in no fucks given.
erbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-06, 20:07   Link #1329
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbrah View Post
Tatsuya is satisfied if Miyuki is happy and safe. Tatsuya never wanted any attention at school, Miyuki was the one who tried to make him a Star, Tatsuya just followed his sister's wishes.

Reference the 9SC when he almost killed the guy who use the golden electron silkworms. Everyone went back to their avoidance of him, but he just walked in no fucks given.
You say that he doesn't care, but Tatsuya isn't some emotionless monster that people like to make him out to be. Sure, he's satisfied as long as Miyuki is happy and safe, however he's not so heartless that he wouldn't care about his friends or the people who were friendly to him.

Especially since a good chunk of first high was starting to warm up to him as seen in vol 13, where even the men's side were starting to accept him as one of their own, so there is no way that Tatsuya will be completely unaffected by this.
Old 2015-05-06, 20:33   Link #1330
Ultragunner

^ he wouldn't care so much, but he can still be bothered since it may be a bit inconvenience in the school
Old 2015-05-06, 20:37   Link #1331
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
You say that he doesn't care, but Tatsuya isn't some emotionless monster that people like to make him out to be. Sure, he's satisfied as long as Miyuki is happy and safe, however he's not so heartless that he wouldn't care about his friends or the people who were friendly to him.

Especially since a good chunk of first high was starting to warm up to him as seen in vol 13, where even the men's side were starting to accept him as one of their own, so there is no way that Tatsuya will be completely unaffected by this.
He would be, of course. Just not in the way WE would. Tatsuya does love his friends, but because of his lack of strong emotions AND his Yotsuba upbringing/nature, the love he experiences is quite watered down and somewhat twisted; some of us would be willing to give up our lives for our friends, they can drive us mad with emotion as much as family--but not Tatsuya. Tatsuya will protect them to the best that he can, and will never wish harm against them, but if worse comes to worst he'd probably be willing to sacrifice them if it means serving his priorities. He also probably thinks more about the practical benefits of their friendship rather than the emotional ones like we tend to. At most he feels about them is "I like that guy/girl. He/She's nice to me and Miyuki. My life is better without him/her AND he/she has connections and skills I can use. I should take care of him/her". Whereas with Miyuki he goes: "Shegothurtshegothurtshegothurt--DIE YOU RANCID SWINE!"

Tatsuya simply doesn't think like other people.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-06, 20:47   Link #1332
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
^ he wouldn't care so much, but he can still be bothered since it may be a bit inconvenience in the school
I think Tatsuya would rather be surrounded by people who were friendly, opposed to people who are filled with fear. Even though he has less emotions than other people, he still is human and has progressed quite a bit in this regard from how he was in volume 1.
Old 2015-05-06, 20:54   Link #1333
erbrah

Quote:

I agree that he isn't a heartless, as Miyuki herself said that he likes his friends.

However, seen in vol. 13 as well is Miyuki threatening to lose her entire magic for his sake. He stops his actions just for her.

The interactions between Tatsuya and the other namely, Sawaki and Hattorri are just acquaintance. Same with Kirihira. Only person who might be trying to be friends is tomitsuka.

He even says it multiple times, that as long as he can protect Miyuki everyone else doesn't matter. He does save Erika and Miki, but Miyuki was never in any danger or telling him to stop.

If people at school become hostile at Miyuki, Tatsuya will intervene and release more of his cold side. See vol 5, with the movie guy.
Old 2015-05-06, 20:57   Link #1334
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
I think Tatsuya would rather be surrounded by people who were friendly, opposed to people who are filled with fear. Even though he has less emotions than other people, he still is human and has progressed quite a bit in this regard from how he was in volume 1.
Tatsuya's circle friends probably won't be afraid of him. Let's remember that he's Mahesvara. Mahesvara surrounds himself with demons and ghouls and every other fearful thing. You know, like his friends? Which is probably why he became friends with them in the first place? Like himself, all of friends have got something in them that makes people a little afraid of them. So he fits right in.

Erika's probably the best example--she wouldn't mind a little bloodshed and is a little brutal. Leo is afraid he'd go crazy, Mizuki's got a sight very few people understand, and Mikihiko's magic is considered a little odd and his magical pursuits sometimes get people hurt, so he prefers to shy away from most people. Just saying, our Mahesvara has got his own row of demons following him--and they like him just the way he is.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-06, 20:58   Link #1335
MRD143

I'm sorry I am just still having trouble wrapping my mind around the fact that Maya considers Tatsuya her Son. Maybe that is why she has been so good at getting him to do what she wants because she literally influenced how his mind developed before he was even born.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-06, 21:01   Link #1336
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
He would be, of course. Just not in the way WE would. Tatsuya does love his friends, but because of his lack of strong emotions AND his Yotsuba upbringing/nature, the love he experiences is quite watered down and somewhat twisted; some of us would be willing to give up our lives for our friends, they can drive us mad with emotion as much as family--but not Tatsuya. Tatsuya will protect them to the best that he can, and will never wish harm against them, but if worse comes to worst he'd probably be willing to sacrifice them if it means serving his priorities. He also probably thinks more about the practical benefits of their friendship rather than the emotional ones like we tend to. At most he feels about them is "I like that guy/girl. He/She's nice to me and Miyuki. My life is better without him/her AND he/she has connections and skills I can use. I should take care of him/her". Whereas with Miyuki he goes: "Shegothurtshegothurtshegothurt--DIE YOU RANCID SWINE!"

Tatsuya simply doesn't think like other people.
Well of course, but I don't think he would actually sacrifice any of them at this point unless their existence threatens Miyuki's life, but even if that's the case I think he would try to find a way to make sure Miyuki stays safe and harm doesn't have to fall upon his friends at the same time. I think he's progressed significantly since the beginning of the story in regards of caring for other people besides Miyuki, I mean after all he wasn't able to develop friendship's before like he has with his classmates at First High.
Old 2015-05-06, 21:15   Link #1337
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Tatsuya's circle friends probably won't be afraid of him. Let's remember that he's Mahesvara. Mahesvara surrounds himself with demons and ghouls and every other fearful thing. You know, like his friends? Which is probably why he became friends with them in the first place? Like himself, all of friends have got something in them that makes people a little afraid of them. So he fits right in.

Erika's probably the best example--she wouldn't mind a little bloodshed and is a little brutal. Leo is afraid he'd go crazy, Mizuki's got a sight very few people understand, and Mikihiko's magic is considered a little odd and his magical pursuits sometimes get people hurt, so he prefers to shy away from most people. Just saying, our Mahesvara has got his own row of demons following him--and they like him just the way he is.
Yeah I agree, I really only feel the general body of students will keep their distance from the two.

I also wanna see how people like Kirihara, Mibu, Hattori, Tomitsuka, Sawaki, Isori, Kanon, and Azuna who I wouldn't call them close friends to Tatsuya, but they are still friendly and accept him, react to this.

Or the other people like Morisaki, Shippou, Kasumi, and the one girl who has that pointless grudge(forgot her name lol) and see that they were aiming their hostility to the "son" of the Yotsuba head lol
Old 2015-05-06, 21:26   Link #1338
erbrah

Quote:
Yeah I agree, I really only feel the general body of students will keep their distance from the two.

I also wanna see how people like Kirihara, Mibu, Hattori, Tomitsuka, Sawaki, Isori, Kanon, and Azuna who I wouldn't call them close friends to Tatsuya, but they are still friendly and accept him, react to this.

Or the other people like Morisaki, Shippou, Kasumi, and the one girl who has that pointless grudge(forgot her name lol) and see that they were aiming their hostility to the "son" of the Yotsuba head lol
Mibu would accept him as he helped her before, same with kirihara. Hattorri, sawaki ans tomitsuka might become more cautious around him, but I doubt they will be mentioned a lot. Azuna is already extremely afraid of Tatsuya lol. Isori and Kanon not sure, but I couldn't care less, hate them both.

Shippou already acknowledges Tatsuya as he knows Tatsuya was the reason for the engineer class and he saw the fight between tomitsuka and Tatsuya. Kasumi and izumi will have cheeky reactions and can't wait for that.

I wanna see how kent and his mom(Tatsuya's teacher) and the other professor (the guy with the geometry magic) will react more. Also, shizuku might be interesting because she had the talk with Miyuki in vol. 5.
Old 2015-05-06, 21:29   Link #1339
xdhakspy

Quote:

Yeah, most of the students will be afraid of them, others will be shocked about Yotsuba and the engagement BUT I'm pretty sure that Morisaki and Shippou will wet theirs pants...
xdhakspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-06, 21:34   Link #1340
Jiminy

Quote:

If Mibu, Kirihara or Isori (that includes Kanon) showed fear or even hostility towards Tatsuya I would be disappointed by their character because they owe him too much. I mean Isori for example would no longer be alive if it wasn't for him.

Azusa is already afraid of him. It only can get worse. Poor girl - she meets her idol and then he's such a guy.

I think Morisaki, Shippou, Kasumi + Isumis reaction will be fun. Will Isumi be heartbroken or simply go nuts?
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy