Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-13, 23:53   Link #201
Funkatron
Highly irregular

My theory on doppels:
Spoiler:

So far so good. The world is interesting enough that my interest is piqued. Lets hope there is more creativity to come.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 23:59   Link #202
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep1:
Old 2011-01-14, 00:24   Link #203
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Review:

Noitamina, how boring - you might just have the two best shows of the season again.

Spoiler for 1:

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2011-01-14 at 01:09.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 00:39   Link #204
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just like everyone else, one look at the animation and you already know the obvious just how influenced the show is. From the laid back setting to the character designs the Ghibli style seems to radiate in all directions. For all of Yamakan's drama he's still a kid at heart it seems.

I agree with Enzo though. 2 of my 3 favorite shows this season is on NoitaminA, almost unsurprisingly. I seriously should pick up where I left off on the manga.

Blog post and comments later.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 00:55   Link #205
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep1:
Yeah, it really did feel effortless to watch, which is a lot more than I can say for other anime I've seen this season. I gotta say, I was pretty charmed by the interactions between Clain and Phryne so far...even the more awkward situations didn't send me off into a murderous rage, which again is a lot more than I can say for other shows.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 01:06   Link #206
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

god i feel somewhat an aria vibe from this but most of all im STOKED i wanna watch it till the end
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 01:59   Link #207
J1m of the n00b

I almost feel like I watched Aria, it gives the same feeling. Maybe with a touch of Hayao Miyazaki as well.
Looking forward to seeing more of this series.
J1m of the n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 03:04   Link #208
cyth
Banned

Yamakan mentioned on Nico broadcast that his biggest inspirations indeed were Nadia and Laputa, so...
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 03:11   Link #209
silverwolf0

This is like Dennou Coil, but so far without the mature themes, the suspense, the right pacing, or the unique premise. Seems to be a show targeting kids without any pretensions of a deeper show underneath and is fine remaining relatively shallow. The pacing is very Ghibli-esque in that it has that quiet and lukewarm style akin to elevator music. The art is very generic and simplistic looking, even more so than its influences. I thought it would be different, but they still manage to shove in a hackneyed staple of mainstream ero anime everywhere, the boy being embarrassed at seeing a naked girl and acting like a complete fool. I've just watched at least two anime shows newly aired with the same freakin scene. The fall season was exceptional in its lack of non-dumb anime. The winter one seems to prolong that trend, with zombies, harem mecha high school dramas, bouncing boob and panty shots, and main male characters completely devoid of personality except for their allergic reaction to women and their good-boy naivety.
silverwolf0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 03:21   Link #210
Jehuty

I almost didn't watch this show -- I hadn't read anything about it, and reading the short synapse about it wasn't all that intriguing, but I decided to give it a shot anyway.

SO GLAD I DID.
Spoiler:

It's too early for me to say anything (even though I just did), but I really like the premise shown thus far. I really think I will enjoy this series to the fullest. I will say though, the ED moved me. It was beautiful, warm, and touching.

This series is definitely a keeper.

[edit] I'm also genuinely interested in seeing the reactions of those that criticized the anime before it was ever even released. Some of the criticism seemed to be based on some pretty silly bias, but I think it's an undeniable fact that this turned out much, much better than a lot of the people anticipated.

[edit 2] am I the only one that felt Phryne's outfit was totally taken from Ragnarok Online? As soon as I saw her, before I even knew anything about her, I was like "eeeeee RO priestess!", and...!

Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-14, 03:56   Link #211
lightbringer
M9000

This is going to be good. Given all the hype around Fractale, I had somewhat high expectations going in, and so far they are being met.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 05:49   Link #212
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Anime View Post
You forgot Marie = Nessa
It's not like I forgot about Nessa/Marie but I just can't come up with a proper comparison asides that they're both little girls. :P
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 05:53   Link #213
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Nessa voiced by Hanazawa Kana? Yes please.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 06:35   Link #214
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Well...
Spoiler for Episode 1:
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 06:42   Link #215
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I quite like it, especially for the Ghibli feel it has going for it. This could totally work as a series from the 80s, though it's a shame the trends we're used to seeing in shows this days are all over the first episode. Hopefully they won't take complete control over the series, as we begin to learn more about the setting and plot.

Totally loving that score. Out of all the Winter season shows, it easily has my favourite one.
Old 2011-01-14, 06:50   Link #216
MartianMage

Oh and I guess the ship the trio are riding on = Gratan

It's kinda amusing how the henchmen kinda resembles sanson and hanson...
Fractale Trio

Hanson

Sanson(with Marie)

and like I said earlier the piano score reminded me of this particular Nadia BGM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xogffEJzUiI

I just finished the episode(yeah I only watched half of it earlier) and I can see some differences in the manga. Nothing drastic I just wonder why they made Phryne took out the part from the trio's ship instead of Clain.

Overall I liked the first episode and I'll prolly finish this cause of the nostalgia caused by many similarities to Blue Water. I just hope it turns out really good like Nadia.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2011-01-14, 06:57   Link #217
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
^ I think Pheyne's dream/nightmare was a really important scene and might suggest something in the manga.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 07:02   Link #218
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
^ I think Pheyne's dream/nightmare was a really important scene and might suggest something in the manga.
I kinda forgot that there was such a scene.
Old 2011-01-14, 08:51   Link #219
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

I feel like an idiot for not knowing this sooner. The animation in the OP makes perfect sense now.

Fractal - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractal
Old 2011-01-14, 09:40   Link #220
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I've watched 7 titles so far and this is the most boring of them. Maybe ep 2 will be better now that the redhead has arrived.

Tags
a-1 pictures, noitamina, yamamoto yutaka