Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-05, 18:36   Link #241
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
Maybe not forbidden but looked upon highly unfavorably by nature.
True, but given limited choices, reproducing is better than not. They "take the chance" because numbers = survival.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 08:10   Link #242
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broccoli
With all the speculation that went on (before the final episodes were broadcast) about how the series would end, and discussions about the meaning of final episode and what's supposed to happen after that, I couldn't help but think Koikaze would be ideal material for a ren'ai simulation game. There are tons of scenarios that I can turn into decision points, if I were to write such a game...

Come to think of it, they can even make a girl's version of it, where the player can role-play Nanoka. Now that would be fun.

On the other hand, it's not like we are lacking such games.

OH YES! i really hope they make a H-game out of this!!

I want to see Koshiro g oafter Chidori his co-worker!!!! She's so hot!!!

As for all the psychobabbling about GSA, it's cool story, i really like it. Sure it disturbed me just as much, since im the oldest sibling with two younger sisters (16 & 18) but that is expected as i read somewhere in some psychobabble thingy.
But i agree its frown upon by society because of the possibility of defected offaprings, as long as they're responsible, loving, couple. I don't think you can do anything about it, or say anything. If your going to object to this ,you have to object to homosexuality, Transexuality, bisexuality, and asexuality hell just prusecute them all why dont you.
GSA is a really disorder/condition eventually they will have arguments, affairs, break up and sue each other.

so its all good.
Old 2004-07-06, 09:00   Link #243
Yxy
chaunen...

LOL I want an OVA of this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
... eventually they will have arguments, affairs, break up and sue each other.

so its all good.
Yxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 13:34   Link #244
terminator2k2

Question

do anyone have koi kaze wallpapers?^^
terminator2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 20:32   Link #245
Isochroma

So very beautiful, so very sad...

Wow! What an incredible series!

I am really impressed by the beauty the creators tried to infuse into this heart-wrenching romance. The music perfectly complements every scene's mood...

As for the relationship, what makes me most sad is that Koshiro took far, far too long to be honest with himself about his attraction to Nanoka. He hurt her so badly that I'm amazed she persisted for so long.

I don't understand why the creators of this series would draw Koshiro's negative response pattern out so long? Why did they have to let him tear her heart for so long, tear my heart for so long?

Nanoka is so pure of heart! She hardly deserves such a fool for a love... She is truly Koshiro's therapist, and her total innocence and open heart eventually win as he starts to open up to her.

Nanoka's strength amazes me - right up to the confrontation with Chidori in episode 11, she won't let her true love get away - and she won't let Chidori have him, either.

Perhaps it is time to raise the level of thought on this thread?

Though their union is asymmetrical in many ways, it is Nanoka's strength and will that brings them together. She has true emotional strength; Koshiro is very weak in this area.

Now I'll explain my thoughts on this kind of relationship.

True love from the heart is such a precious thing... how can outsiders judge relationships like this one? It is truly up to those involved to be the judges of their best interests.

Nanoka is highly intelligent, and I am absolutely positive that she is capable of making such decisions with both her mind, and her beautiful heart!

It is now time for humanity to be true to its heart, it is time for us to see the light in everyone, and to respect people's love. We must make big changes to the way we think of others, and especially young people if we are to survive as a species.

It is time we saw the young as they really are: very intelligent, though inexperienced people with some of the most open minds, hearts & spirits of anyone alive! They are more than our future, they are the lifeline of our existence as a species and so much more... the joyous carriers of superconsciousness and energy without bounds.

I see a future where everyone can follow the path with heart;
I see an open-ended future where we care so much more about ourselves, our planet, our future!
I see a place where kids like Nanoka can safely be themselves, and follow their true desires without fear, without the need of inhibitions that were designed to repress.

I see an alternate story, where Koshiro didn't have to be so angry at himself. Where they played in the sun that summer. He held her hands and they spun around until they were too dizzy, and collapsed on the park lawn! They ran on the beach, and were dazzled by hot rays of sun. They made a sand castle, too! They talked so much more, as well, about what's really important to their lives.

In my story, their love flourished from the beginning, and was so much stronger for it. I think that later, she found a young guy to love too, and they gradually became just brother and sister again. Who can say?

When we truly care about ourselves, we will make a world where everyone can fulfill their true potential, and every other species on this beautiful planet can live in harmony with us.

I think it is time for us to discuss the emotional vibrancy, the supreme intelligence of the heart. How can we open a space to discuss this and other points, to help our societies move forward? How can we move from a point where our rationally irrational defences can be brought down, to the point where new learning can happen? Please help me to answer these questions, because I know that each one of you out there has some piece, big or small, that can help!

We have been blessed by some of the most creative people anywhere, working together to make such a beautiful story that, while also heart-rending, shows a way forward. Though I don't know how the future will turn out for Nanoka and Koshiro, I think they will do just fine. In fact, I hope the creators see it in their hearts to make a second series and manga, to explore the many possibilities and the heart-pounding emotional intensity and vibrancy of such a unique relationship!

It is time for everyone to look carefully inside themselves, and I think that should start with you!

Look inside, and see what care you really have... Turn your back on the conditioning and intellectual ideas that have been pounded into your head by too many years of coercion by society. I know its hard, but maybe it is now time, after so many years, to really know yourself, and reflect the inner light outward - to make of this world the paradise that today, can only be imagined. That today, sometimes flows from the pens, hearts and minds of manga and anime artists.

By turning around, you can face the warm rays of sunshine, the eternal light of the heart which shines always for those that are willing to open their eyes to see. Know that the Japanese are a bit (just a bit) ahead of other parts of the world because of their culture, something unique, perhaps. Please know that we can all be this way, that we all walk the same path; just now we are at different points. Right now, we can be dazzled by the bright, colourful world they have worked so hard to imagine for us, shining with new hope and filled with promise.

The light which infuses all of anime in every form, even the silly stuff - is just part of why it is so liked by the rest of the world. We are really just seeing the light of their hearts, the openness of their minds. Just like the young, their culture is willing to explore so many possibilities. It is truly the land of the rising sun, in so many ways.

Thank you everyone, for the many posts that have made this discussion worth pursuing. Know also, that your sickness and revulsion, like Koshiro's, is from a denial of the heart. To everyone in this discussion who has such things in their heart, I will give you what you so much need: a hug! Please cry for me, just a few tears... it will help so much!

I love you all, regardless.
I won't give up, either - just like Nanako!

Thanks for your time, an I hope you wonderful people can help open up a new place to share ideas about how we can make our world a better place! Especially for the young, (I'm 26) who carry such a burden so needlessly. I lived too many of my years with a closed heart, but now I see why this has been destroying me, and why it is also destroying our lives and our planet.

My favorite part of Koi Kaze is the scene at the beginning of each series, where Nanoka pets the cat. It's just one small thing, but it means so much and is such an integral part of who she is. She is so alive, that it makes me cry to think of her. I can't keep writing because I'll start crying...

Jason L.
Isochroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 00:17   Link #246
Jiji
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin
Here's what i like to ask everyone. What would you have done if you were in Koshiro's (if you're a guy) or Nanoka's (if you're a girl) shoes? Would you have walked the same path as they did?
Many people's replies to Devin and other things written in the forum indicates that they think that Koushiro's choices were the easy ones. I have to disagree.

If it were me, I hope that I would have the guts to be honest with my heart and admit my love for my little sister. But I suspect that I would take the coward's way out and discourage Nanoka and run from the whole situation. >sigh<

Some of you seem to disagree, but I don't find Koushiro to be stupid--his treatment of Nanoka was his ongoing internal agony over knowing full well what was going to happen if he admitted his love for her. He had several chances to run from it. Courageously, he didn't. I am uncomfortable with the incest (I kept hoping for a suprise revelation of adoption), but this story is about (I believe) Koushiro's journey as a person. He started as a cold fish and found love and opened his heart by the end.

I know I've garnered the wrath of the Nanoka fans out there, but the "progress" of her character was minimal compared to Koushiro's--though I admit she changed also. Just not as much.

Well, anyway...
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 00:46   Link #247
fairx
I'mdafootfuckin'masta!

Sashiburi...

I don't have anything to write about.

I'm impress that there are still discussions about this.

Keep em coming guys..

I'm sure enjoy reading all the comments and thought.

-Isochroma-

"Thanks for your time, an I hope you wonderful people can help open up a new place to share ideas about how we can make our world a better place! Especially for the young, (I'm 26) who carry such a burden so needlessly. I lived too many of my years with a closed heart, but now I see why this has been destroying me, and why it is also destroying our lives and our planet."

fairx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 15:55   Link #248
silviachan

SPOILER WARNING (sorry but couldn't find the right tag)

I really loved this anime, but couldn't really stand the ending as well.
Watching the last episode, if you don't see the very last 2 minutes, you'd think they will stay together or at least will try to. I was a little comforted by that as the previous episodes had so much sad scenes, but in the end... Here she leaves alone!! It can't be!!! He moved away from home, left his job, and did all these for what... For letting her back and having the same situation they began with!!
I really wanted to see them together and now I really feel bad about this end!
Yes, I must admit that, if I was in Nanoka's place, I'd given up with such a story, but not because thinking it's not right to love your sibling. They fall in love, and didn't mean to do nothing wrong: who can control love to happen? The real problem is (so I think): many story can't last long, and you finish them normally. But if Nanoka and Koushiro must do so many efforts, and maybe they are for nothing? Can they say their love isn't a momentary passion? And so I could never have my parents suffering for a thing I'm not sure of...
But in the end I must say this is one of the best show I have seen ever. I hope I can continue the manga soon, too.
silviachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 16:31   Link #249
TronDD
Team the box!

What was Koushiro supposed to do? Drag her out of school, away from her family, and hole up in a cave with her somewhere?

I think the two of them concluded that there was nothing to be afraid of anymore. They no longer cared about the social taboo of their relationship, therefore, Nanoka can continue living a normal life. She is still in school, you know. Why shouldn't she continue going? They will probably live apart but will remain emotionally connected. Just like any other loving couple that have lives to live.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 18:03   Link #250
silviachan

I hope so... But it seemed to me a farewell-like scene... And, if their promise was to meet under the tree they made the "umbrella sign" on when spring comes, it means once a year... But maybe I got it wrong!
silviachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 23:16   Link #251
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Well the OST is out but, the opening is NOT the full version
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 00:20   Link #252
Broccoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
Well the OST is out but, the opening is NOT the full version
What I am hearing right at this moment certainly is, with 2 versus and 3 refrains, and 4:50 long. Unless you are confusing it (the OP Koikaze, same title as the show) with the ED Futari Dakara, of which the OST does contain the abridged on-air version.

A wonderful soundtrack, but I am somewhat disappointed that the OST album does not have a vocal-less version of the OP.
Broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 17:21   Link #253
Yamano667
Banned

Well i just got the full version OST vocal 4.52 min Opening, I am glad to found it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broccoli
What I am hearing right at this moment certainly is, with 2 versus and 3 refrains, and 4:50 long. Unless you are confusing it (the OP Koikaze, same title as the show) with the ED Futari Dakara, of which the OST does contain the abridged on-air version.

A wonderful soundtrack, but I am somewhat disappointed that the OST album does not have a vocal-less version of the OP.

Last edited by Yamano667; 2004-08-01 at 13:40.
Old 2004-07-31, 16:01   Link #254
Broccoli

Geneon to release Koikaze in North America

Quote:
Geneon Entertainment has announced 7 new licenses at their Anime Expo panel: Star Ocean EX, Human Scramble, Tokyo Underground, Koikaze, Ultramaniacs, Petit Cossette, Kyo Kara Maru [sic], and Jubei-Chan 2.
And more imouto moe titles to come (D.C. ~Da Capo~) :
Quote:
Jubei-chan 2, Da Capo, and Maidens of Morning Mist
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
King Records has stated at their panel that the license for Jubei-chan 2 will be announced at the next panel (Geneon Entertainment). They also stated that Maidens of Morning Mist will probably be announced at another panel and that Da Capo should be announced in the next three months. King Records' Star Child label produced of all these titles.
(Source: Anime News Network, 2004-07-31)
Broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 09:36   Link #255
Ongaku_no_tenshi
Shine your light on thee!

wow....Geneon Entertainment is going to bring Koi Kaze to the States. I'm am really curious as to how the critics will respond to this show when it realeased. I mean sure, there was Sakura Diaries but, that show is practically inocent compared to the bluntness of the Koi Kaze. And what about the voice actors who will be dubbing the series? I can only imagine what they might think, especially the two actors who will be playing the two main roles.
Ongaku_no_tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 13:24   Link #256
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ongaku_no_tenshi
wow....Geneon Entertainment is going to bring Koi Kaze to the States. I'm am really curious as to how the critics will respond to this show when it realeased. I mean sure, there was Sakura Diaries but, that show is practically inocent compared to the bluntness of the Koi Kaze. And what about the voice actors who will be dubbing the series? I can only imagine what they might think, especially the two actors who will be playing the two main roles.
Yeah, I am interested to see how it will be received also. As far as the voice actors go, I hope that they can find people who are open-minded and understand the deeper issues here. Obviously the fact that they're siblings is the point of the show, but if someone can't see past that surface, I think they're really doing the show a great injustice.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 13:27   Link #257
Yamano667
Banned

Perhaps they might edit the series, cut things that we are not suppose to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Yeah, I am interested to see how it will be received also. As far as the voice actors go, I hope that they can find people who are open-minded and understand the deeper issues here. Obviously the fact that they're siblings is the point of the show, but if someone can't see past that surface, I think they're really doing the show a great injustice.
Old 2004-08-01, 13:34   Link #258
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
Perhaps they might edit the series, cut things that we are not suppose to watch
I sure hope not! I think the fact that this got licensed means that (at least some people feel) that North America is ready to deal with more controversial stuff. I think that editing the show (as even the one TV network in Japan did) is an insult to your audience. I guess I just don't believe in censorship - people don't need to be coddled. Growing up is about facing things that are hard and make you uncomfortable; I think our society is ready to grow up...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 08:00   Link #259
TrueKnight

well, people like controversy, and this thing here is one of them. I for one hand didnt like this anime that much, in fact I despise it, but manage to finished it because the "controversy" thing. And the ending made me like having a car sickness, disgusted blah blah blah. I dont know though, maybe because I have a sister myself. *sigh*

Oh well. Each to his own I guess. But I predict this anime will go well because the "controversy" issue.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 18:33   Link #260
rothgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
Oh well. Each to his own I guess. But I predict this anime will go well because the "controversy" issue.
I think you're right that people will be attracted to the controversy. I thought it was a decent show cause it did a good job of showing the guy's anguish, an anguish he should suffer. I'm afraid though that instead of seeing this series as a study of one man's anguish, some people are going to think that the show supports incest as long as "true love" is involved. I too have sisters, and I find a few of the posts in this thread very weird.
rothgar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen