Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-02, 20:17   Link #4061
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiREwing View Post
I could imagine. I would have gone crazy to vote for only 4.
mmm... I could probably do it.
Shana and Hina.
Then of Fate, Nanoha, Rika, Rena, Suiseiseki, and Suigintou, whichever one has a hard matchup against one of the 56 other characters.
And lastly, a hate-vote against a character who I don't find moe and is doing well (Yuki/Haruhi/Tomoyo/Negima).

There we go.
Old 2008-05-02, 20:17   Link #4062
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Speaking of which, if you haven't yet, please vote for one picture per character by replying to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
mmm... I could probably do it.
Shana and Hina.
Then of Fate, Nanoha, Rika, Rena, Suiseiseki, and Suigintou, whichever one has a hard matchup one of the other 56 other characters.
And lastly, a hate-vote against a character who I don't find moe and is doing well (Yuki/Haruhi/Tomoyo/Negima).

There we go.
Blasphemy. Tomoyo, Yuki, and Haruhi are three of the most moe characters in this tournament.
Old 2008-05-02, 20:22   Link #4063
bubbleum
~ Lilium ~

I'm a little drunk right now (I can still type... really ), so let's just get right on the point:

Tamao

Spoiler for more pics:

Chikaru

Spoiler for more pics:

Credit goes to :
1) First and foremost, the anime of course.
2) ISML - if it wasn't for the League, none of us would have been here in the first place.
3) cicido for making the template and KholdStare for sending it(added rep). Much appreciated.

If it's already too late for new entries then please just ignore this post. Thank you

Last edited by bubbleum; 2008-05-04 at 09:14. Reason: added additional credit
Old 2008-05-02, 20:23   Link #4064
FiREwing

I knew someone would go ahead and say something like that. But, I'm a noobcake who hasn't even finished those series you speak of so I have no right to object.

EDIT: Curse my slow typing again! And those Tamao profile pictures are really really cute!!
Old 2008-05-02, 20:27   Link #4065
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

I personally think that Tamao 1, 5, and 6 (under the spoiler tag) are better than what we're currently voting on now.
Old 2008-05-02, 20:33   Link #4066
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

[QUOTE=bubbleum;1572438]Tamao

Spoiler for more pics:

Chikaru

Spoiler for more pics:

Nice pictures! Some of them look a little stretched vertically though.
We were lacking a few Tamao and Chikaru pictures, so this helps a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleum View Post
Credit goes to :
1) First and foremost, the anime of course.
2) ISML - if it wasn't for the League, none of us would have been here in the first place.
3) KholdStare for sending me the template (added rep). Much appreciated.
It's on the original post and cicido made it, so that loser KholdSecks really gets no credit at all.
Quote:
I knew someone would go ahead and say something like that. But, I'm a noobcake who hasn't even finished those series you speak of so I have no right to object.

EDIT: Curse my slow typing again! And those Tamao profile pictures are really really cute!!
mmm... I'm the resident troll troller, so I'm obligated to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I personally think that Tamao 1, 5, and 6 (under the spoiler tag) are better than what we're currently voting on now.
True that.

And lol@Tomoyo and Haruhi.
Maybe Yuki because I might just prefer girls with personalities, so it may be personal preference that finds her not moe.

EDIT: And Tamao-chan is hott.

I'm doing stats for the MAL Moe tournament to see which round each KyoAni character dropped out in, so I'll be back in a while.
Old 2008-05-02, 20:38   Link #4067
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

I was about to make a joke but I know from experience that I'll get at least 3 neg reps from it, so I will refrain for now.

To be fair, Tomoyo and Haruhi are not really cute, seriously. I just like Tomoyo's past and Haruhi's reaction to ponytails in general, which are the main driving reasons for why they're moe to me. Of course, they can't beat Sakura. By the way, have you ever tried to make a relationship map for CCS? I did once, and there were lines where I didn't know could exist.
Old 2008-05-02, 20:39   Link #4068
X207
Gamyūsa

i cant wait until R+V characters may come into play. the polls would be even more interesting when shirayuki mizore comes along tomoyo seems to be going on strong
Old 2008-05-02, 20:46   Link #4069
FiREwing

^
Tomoyo beat both Hinagiku and Shana. She is going really strong. And she won't meet Haruhi the only other undefeated contestant till next period.

On a side note: R+V was horrible but Mizore was awesome. Rie Kugimiya FTW!
Old 2008-05-02, 20:53   Link #4070
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
I was about to make a joke but I know from experience that I'll get at least 3 neg reps from it, so I will refrain for now.
mmm...
Quote:
To be fair, Tomoyo and Haruhi are not really cute, seriously.
I just like Tomoyo's past and Haruhi's reaction to ponytails in general, which are the main driving reasons for why they're moe to me.
Because Tomoyo's past is so much worse than, say... goddammit, anything from Higurashi is a f*cking spoiler.
mmm... Tomoyo only gets any kind of points from me because KyoAni made pretty much every character in Clannad blush in about half of their appearances.
And Haruhi does have a ponytail for a couple minutes in one episode, and they do turn me on.
But then again, Mion has a ponytail in all but two or three episodes of Higurashi, and Shana gets even more points for wearing a ponytail in phys ed. Matsuri also has like 5 different hairstyles, so win.
Quote:
Of course, they can't beat Sakura. By the way, have you ever tried to make a relationship map for CCS? I did once, and there were lines where I didn't know could exist.
No I haven't.
And do tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i cant wait until R+V characters may come into play. the polls would be even more interesting when shirayuki mizore comes along tomoyo seems to be going on strong
Eh, she's a decent character from an otherwise terrible series, and series popularity is a very, very large driving force in this tournament (Hello Hidamari Sketch, ToHeart 2, and Kamichu!.)
Likewise, Tomoyo is in Clannad, so she's doing amazingly well.
EDIT: MAL moe - Round 1 Match 10: The two characters that progress are from Code Geass, which has as much total moe as Mion has in her fingernail. ('twas actually three fingernails, if I recall correctly.) [/obscure Higurashi reference]

Holy crap, MAL moe was like 8 rounds or something, but the first round had like 30+ matches with four characters in each match, wtf?
Yui Horie's single male character was a contestant.
And apparently, Ai from Jigoku Shoujo is moe. More reason to eventually watch it, I guess.

Shizuma didn't progress past the first round, but I guess that's because all of the male otaku were jealous of the fact that she gets more girls in on day then they will get in their lives.
Yeah, but she's not really moe.
And win for Miria of Baccano! moving past the first round.

Expect a lot more of these comments as we go along, seeing as there are 30 more matches in just the first round.
Old 2008-05-02, 21:02   Link #4071
FiREwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
And apparently, Ai from Jigoku Shoujo is moe. More reason to eventually watch it, I guess.
It's a common thought that they had Noto Mamiko record all her lines then recycled from there. Jigoku got tediously repetitive too. Another series not finished!

Just not to be off topic:
Unpopular series get no love because 90% of voters haven't seen them because they're.. er unpopular. But I can understand them. The popular shows are the ones I like too.
Old 2008-05-02, 21:12   Link #4072
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
However, due to the many voters who just come in, vote one contestant only, and get out, I added the minimum of four rule.
On a somewhat related topic... There had been some discussion of this before, but what is the current outlook for getting a mechanism in place for people to verify that their vote was counted properly? I honestly think that feature will be a lot more important in the long run for promoting the tournament because it increases the level of trust people will be willing to place in the tally process. I know I'd certainly feel more comfortable knowing that my votes were being counted properly, and if they were not I'd know that I needed to contact you ASAP and find out why.
Old 2008-05-02, 21:16   Link #4073
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Votes for Topaz 6:

Spoiler:

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2008-05-02 at 21:19. Reason: Not done yet!
Old 2008-05-02, 21:37   Link #4074
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Here's the CCS relationship map the qtip requested. Warning, if you haven't finished the series (unless you don't care), don't look at the spoiler, because it has major relationship spoilers.

Spoiler for CCS relationship map:
Old 2008-05-02, 22:10   Link #4075
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
^
Tomoyo beat both Hinagiku and Shana. She is going really strong. And she won't meet Haruhi the only other undefeated contestant till next period.

On a side note: R+V was horrible but Mizore was awesome. Rie Kugimiya FTW!
the anime was entertaining as long as you shut off your brain, too bad it was gonzo that didnt do a good enuff job on the series . imo it had alot of potential if it got its priorities straight in animating the manga. on a positive note, i was able to get pics and gifs of mizore aside from manga scans BC the anime.
Old 2008-05-02, 22:15   Link #4076
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
the anime was entertaining as long as you shut off your brain. on a positive note, i was able to get pics and gifs of mizore aside from manga scans BC the anime.
I didn't find it entertaining even if I shut off my brain. It was... TOO cheesy. I literally laugh nervously watching it.

Anyway, I have some strange deja-vu while voting this time... I hope I didn't multi-vote <_<

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-05-02, 22:15   Link #4077
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well to be fair, Hochan's only "male" character was hot and resulted in a lot of denial.

If I recall Jun W. was in Saimoe last year (technically being female for the win). And while Mako-chan will likely not be in Saimoe 2008, he got a more moe character design than the rest of the cast for the second season.
Old 2008-05-02, 22:31   Link #4078
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

By the way, qtip, you fail.

Old 2008-05-02, 22:36   Link #4079
Ichigo-Sora
*Graphic Designer

Profile Pic Votes:

Louise: 2
Konata: 5 (I actually posted some Konata Profile pics here but they were never uploaded ^^ That's okay though)
sayuri: 1
Sakura Matou: 5
Hanyuu: 7
Evangeline: 1
Yue: 3
Tamaki Kawazoe: 5
Yurie: 4
Yuno: 5
Souseiseki: 5
Suiseiseki: 6
Chiaki: 4
Tamao:8