AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-15, 16:18   Link #201
MinoanMan

1. fate/stay (a really really great anime)
2. escaflowne (one of my first and most inspiring)
3. outlaw star (this made me laugh from start to finish)
4. onegai teacher ( a great love story with a humourous twist)
5. girls bravo ( tomo and fukuyama omfg say no more!!!)

a good mix
Old 2006-11-16, 05:43   Link #202
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
best 5... well lemme think phew...

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
2. Mai HiME
3. Air
4. Gundam Seed
5. Code Geass

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2006-11-24 at 14:47.
Old 2006-11-16, 07:54   Link #203
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

My display shows I've never posted in this thread, how strange, I'd sworn I had.

So , 5 were asked, and 5 will be, despite how tough that will be. I remain on the tv series' field, since I think a movie shall not be compared to (or ranked together with) a series, in every terms.

1)Hime-chan no Ribbon: Believe it or not, this was the original dragger, for me, to the anime world. Back in 1994-96, when italian tv started to show it. I did watch a lot of anime in the 80s, as a child, but mostly filled with mecha, giant robots, which were funny for the time being, but growing my tastes had changed.
So HcnR was the first anime to really hook me. A sweet and delicious story, long (61 episodes), with fillers, but never, and I say never once boring. A totally unstereothyped main character, an unusual mahou shoujo formula, comedy, romance, drama all mixed together. I owe a lot to this delightful show. Not to mention, it's the series I've watched more times than all the others (5 or maybe 6 times, since they're sixty episodes it's not that poor of a number ^^ )

2)Aishiteruze Baby: This instead comes in latter phase of my life. Again there's the "feel good" as main factor for me to like the series. Although the real winners here are the characters: Yuzuyu, Kippei and Kokoro, with all the side ones as well. Love and care about others, you'll be rewarded, it's always a chemistry I adore when I find out to exist in a specifical anime series. I've seen this a lot of time too, if I watch a random episode, it's easy I would remember the exact quotes they say. Oh.. and I absolutely love Kokoro-chin ^^
Sometimes I heard rumors about an eventual second series... I so wish that ^^

3)Fruits Basket: If there had to be a "school of life" made as anime, among all the others, that had to be Fruits Basket. Not other anime of those I have seen gave me each time so much lessons about difficulties of life, there's a resolution for each problem, just be strong... treasurize the memories, because one day they'll be of immense value. Honda Tohru is probably the most amazing anime character (among males and females) I've ever met, she's so fantastic under every possible point of view.
Pity for the final, a bit abrupted :/ .. I wonder why they don't do a season 2, since the manga material, to cover at least one kur, would suffice, and in the anime we didn't even get to know all the zodiac characters.
Rewatchability is endless: I'd dare to say that this anime ... regenerates itself.. being it new everytime is watched ^^ (because it shows so many common situations.. and it may be that it shows one that you didn't have encountered in real life on the previous view).

4)Kodomo no Omocha: this was the ultimate "move myself to the anime world" show . Very long series (102 episodes), with some plotholes, and some episodes that could have been avoided (basically, the whole American arc, totally unnecessary), but it's just the 10% of the series. I loved how this series could skip from extreme hilariousness to extreme sadness, even in the same episode. Comedy, comicity, drama, tragedy, romance .. often one element came out of the blue than its previous. Sana is an unforgettable character, with such an amount of energy.. that it could even pop out from the tv screen ^^ ... and a general level of crazyness that I'd deem as even superior than Azumanga Daioh... which in any case came out later.
In Italy the first "part" (ep.1-51) was aired and then replied and replied (they needed to end dubbing the second part), and I watched all of that, until finally they aired episodes from 52 to 102. Final: so so ... per se ... as for the feeling left it was good enough.

5)Pita Ten: for a simple reason. If I'm a bit down, or depressed.. well I just watch some Pita Ten and the wealth returns. This anime is very sugary... so sugary that you shall wash your tooth soon after a vision, if you don't want to pay a visit to a dentist ^^ Joking, but.. you've got what I mean.
Still, there are more intense moments, of reflection. And I want to know someone who didn't have teary eyes at the ending .. lol ...
Misha is cute (that was the first important role for Tamura Yukari, today basically a Seiyuu Goddess), but my favourite character is Shia-shan .. kawaii!

So 5 they are, I've not mentioned recent anime because I guess they still need a bit to be absorbed in my mind.

Just one honorable mention, for a movie (as I said, I don't rank them together with tv series) : the marvellous Whisper of the Heart. When a chance will happen, I'll talk about it too.
Old 2006-11-16, 11:01   Link #204
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

damned now that you say i forgot all about fruits basket lol, thats my n.o. 4 scrap the Gundam Seed XD

whenever i have to think over anime's and pick i forget most of them
Old 2006-11-16, 11:45   Link #205
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
My display shows I've never posted in this thread, how strange, I'd sworn I had.
Lol, theres a very similiar thread in the General Anime Forum. (Hi KarumA!! )
Old 2006-11-16, 15:00   Link #206
EragonJeriel
heh

Fate stay night
Gundam seed destiny
code geass
s-strain
Prince of tennis or air gear
---
Naruto and bleach would be there if not for the fillers
Old 2006-11-16, 15:26   Link #207
hooliganj
Team Player

Hmm... there are probably many titles that escape my attention at the moment, but here's a tentative list.

1. Irresponsible Captain Tylor
2. Vision of Escaflowne
3. His and Her Circumstances
4. Mushishi
5. Revolutionary Girl Utena
Old 2006-11-17, 00:22   Link #208
Zerokule

1. All Kenshin related - only one I can watch over and over
2. Ai Yori Aoshi - Aoi is the woman I want to marry
3. Witch Hunter Robin - Robin is too cute
4. Ghost in the Shell SAC and 2nd Gig - So smart and the Major is the coolest
5. Samurai Champloo/Cowboy Bebop - Shinichiro Watanabe is a GOD when it comes to music composition

Honestly I could go on and on, but these 6 caused me to think differently about the world. I can say the same for others, but when I was at my lowest, these were the light that helped me get through.
Old 2006-11-17, 09:28   Link #209
Renesis-C
Senior Member...?

No particular Order...(and more than 5 because i think its impossible to have just 5):
- Fruits Basket: Heartwarming (This is most likely No.1)
- School Rumble: VERY funny
- Full Metal Alchemist: Very good story and interesting all the way through
- Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu/Ouran host club: Both deserve a mention as they battle it out for my personal "Best of '06" anime.
- GTO: Hated the animation, loved everything else about it.
- FMP and Fumoffu (haven't seen TSR yet): Very good series, I liked the "break" (i.e Fumoffu) in between major seasons.
- One Piece: Can't help but like this show...
- Onegai Teacher: I know it's the same formula as about 1,000 other anime out there, but this was the first I had watched, and it was done well. Hated Twins though.
- Kare Kano: I coincidentally watched this anime twice (once recently and once about a year after its original release) and it never lost its appeal.
Old 2006-11-17, 18:30   Link #210
Evadoll

Woah, there are like, so many Anime I like =P That's gonna be hard. Ah well, here it goes;

1. Mai HiME - Good story, great music, good cast of characters & seiyuu's, drama <3
2. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's - .. Same as Mai HiME XD
3. Nana - It's just so realistic. I recognise a LOT of the thoughts Hachi has.
4. Rozen Maiden - I love the whole atmosphere! And the music, and the dolls, and and XD
5. Fate/Stay Night - I'm a big fan of mythology, so that's the main reason ^^ I highly disliked Shirou and the Shirou/Saber pairing, but everything else was so great ^^ (Gilgamesh/Saber FTW!)

Other shows I reaaaaally really like but couldn't put them in the top 5 because.. Well, 5 XD;

AIR - Just, <3
Kanon - I've also seen the first serie and I really liked it. The music is so great <3
Pretear - Mahou Shoujo + faerie tales + 7 bishounen + a hot tempered main character = good ^^
Suzumiya Haruhi - Do I really need to explain that? =p
Old 2006-11-17, 18:57   Link #211
Power2All

1. All tenchi series + movies + specials (yah, I love that )
2. Kenshin (all episodes seen + specials + movies)
3. Angelic Layer (It was one of my first anime's)
4. Ah! My Goddess (serie + movie)
5. Neon Genesis Evangelion (old one was first I saw, then I found the remastered ones )
6. Dragon Half (It's perhaps a hentai, but it's awesome )
7. Hellsing (Gosh, I like vampires )
8. Legend of Pretear (I first saw this as a AMV from A2000A. awesome !)
9. Inuyasha (Well... It's great.... Except that I stopped watching at the last 1/4 of the serie, but saw all movies tho )
10. Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins (Cannot miss this serie out of the list. I loved it, too kawaii !)
11. Irresponsible Captain Tylor (This one I forgot, I cosplayed it at AbunaiCon in the Netherlands at 2005. Loved it till the end )

None relevant series I didn't point out are: Mai HiME, Mai Otome, Negima, Fate/Stay Night, Suzumiya Haruhi, Great Teacher Onizuka, and more... but these are the ones I totally watched (except Inuyasha, too much DBZ like length).
Old 2006-11-24, 03:15   Link #212
ginkosuki
i'd walk 10.000 miles...

Send a message via ICQ to ginkosuki
1. mushishi
2. mai-hime
3. jigoku shoujo
4. elfenlied
5. ouran high school host club

there are a lot more.. but the thread only asks for the top 5....
Old 2006-11-24, 03:21   Link #213
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

so far it seems that Kanon 2006 will probably earn a place in my top5, if not top3 So far it is not lacking in any area.
Old 2006-11-24, 04:19   Link #214
tritoch

Honey and Clover
Ouran Host Club
End of Evangelion
Cooking Master Boy
ETC! haha et cetera
Old 2006-11-24, 04:21   Link #215
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Right now I have to say, in terms of value and enjoyment:

1. Elfen lied (gloriously awesome, flaws are not important compared to the many ways you can love this. This is art.)
2. Rozen Maiden (huge huge potential, especially to me. So huge a potential that I kinda lowered my expectations)
3. Haruhi

4. Kenshin OVA Reminiscence (other kenshin stuff are not that good, but this one has its moments)

5. KGNE (Although I did not like it)
5. Eva (eva is more memorable than kgne, however i could never like it in a deeper way than "this is wacked")

Last edited by anselfir; 2006-12-09 at 17:01.
Old 2006-11-24, 04:47   Link #216
esquire

Not in any order;

1. Samurai X
2. Full Metal Alchemist
3. Beck
4. Dragonball Z
5. Rahxephon
Old 2006-11-24, 05:40   Link #217
Noran
Musouka

Location: In a peaceful, serene place at night, watching the beautiful stars twinkle in sight
Send a message via AIM to Noran Send a message via MSN to Noran
There are my current favorites. They have affected me one way or another.
1. Robotech: The Macross Saga - Benchmark anime with everything.
2. Cowboy Bebop - Great characters
3. Suzuka - Good characters and plot
4. Basilisk ~Manuscript of the Kouga Ninja Arts~ - Great characters, plot, and lesson
5. Air TV - Great plot

I haven't finished watching Utawarerumono yet, and am hoping that it doesn't disappoint me.

Last edited by Noran; 2006-11-24 at 05:49. Reason: Added reasons to list
Old 2006-11-24, 06:28   Link #218
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noran
Suzuka - Good characters and plot
I find it pretty damn hard to place 'good characters' and 'Suzuka' in one sentence The series was pretty good, but both of the main characters did not act like any human with marginal brain function would...imo.
Old 2006-11-24, 14:47   Link #219
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Lol, theres a very similiar thread in the General Anime Forum. (Hi KarumA!! )
uuh hello

also noting that sharing 2nd place is Mai HiME and Mai Otome, after seeing mai otome zwei im like o.o; *cuddle and cry* ill never forget you... *snuff*
Old 2006-11-24, 17:44   Link #220
Gundam Zero Force

Well I can't really list 5 since I would have trouble listing them lol . . . . Seen a lot of different Anime Shows on TV . . . . . but my Favorite is Gundam Wing right now . . . .. also DBZ would be up on my list, I've seen a lot of that on TV as well.
Closed Thread