AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations > Custom Requests

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-17, 18:06   Link #1
blewin

Recommendation for something with a good mystery?

I've just seen PERSONA Trinity soul. I like how the show doesn't focus entirely on fights between PERSONAS and that there's enough time to develop the characters. The mystery (though revealed a bit too slowly for my taste) is nicely wrapped in that dark atmosphere. The other one I could think of that's close to this is Zegapain.

Can someone give me some recommendations close to these two shows?
Old 2008-09-17, 19:01   Link #2
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Kai. at first he mystery seems stupid but as ou go it's amazingly captivating.
Old 2008-09-18, 17:38   Link #3
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Ergo Proxy perhaps, dark, the mystery gets stretched and theres character development the only bad thing i must add is that it can be boring if you watch too much
Old 2008-09-18, 18:02   Link #4
AceD
See You En' Tee

you should like darker than black, its a fantasy/mystery

i think its damn awesome personaly, sudo subs for this hinthint
Old 2008-09-18, 21:19   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Recent shows with mysterious events
Shion no Ou - girl witnesses her parents' brutal murder at age four; later becomes a Shougi ("Japanese chess") prodigy; the story portrays her growth as a Shougi player and the discovery of her parents' murderer
Nijuu Mensou no Musume - young heiress becomes involved with a mysterious thief; later becomes a detective
Ghost Hound - three boys attempt to discover the reason for mysterious happenings in their town; more supernatural than the others
Dennou Coil - preteen kids living in a virtual reality world unearth dark secrets
Mononoke - Edo period medicine seller also hunts demons and must uncover the reasons for their existence

Link in my signature for those not linked above.
Old 2008-09-20, 05:07   Link #6
blewin

thanks for the suggestions. I'm starting on Ghost Hound. Have seen a bit of Shion no Ou and don't like it. Seen Darker than Black already. Higurashi is too violent for me. Haven't checked Ergo Proxy yet.

more suggestions welcome.
Old 2008-09-20, 05:22   Link #7
MuraKami
Phase Angle

Series b/w Persona and Zegapain ..., perhaps Project ARMS?
Old 2008-09-20, 05:25   Link #8
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv165
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
thanks for the suggestions. I'm starting on Ghost Hound. Have seen a bit of Shion no Ou and don't like it. Seen Darker than Black already. Higurashi is too violent for me. Haven't checked Ergo Proxy yet.

more suggestions welcome.
The violence in higurashi is quite not the main focus and... hardly that guro/gory once you passed through the first 2 arcs tough (5th can be a bit surprising). I don't say it is all kiddy, but it is not really atrocious and nowhere more shocking than persona, to be quite honest (and yes, I know they are in a complete different league).