AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-29, 07:30   Link #1041
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
is MK op in end game though? or is he balanced?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
NervZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 07:35   Link #1042
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I can't tell you , i just did 3 game , 2 win game 20mn surr & 1 win 40mn surr , i pawned him with Xin. But as far as i saw , there are better offtank.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 08:08   Link #1043
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

From what I heard, his initial impressions are quite bad. Need to wait for at least week to see how he's played out.
Old 2011-08-02, 00:20   Link #1044
Kafriel
Senior Guest

After a break from normal games, while testing out various builds and champs in Co-op vs AI, I decided to throw a few normal games for fun. Couldn't get past two, because of the impossible feeding and serious lack of experience from my teammates. What do I mean with that:
1) As Galio, I poke and last hit. My lane partner (Lux) kept pushing the lane like a maniac, with a jungling Lee Sin on the loose.
2) At my first trip back, I was expecting an early gank, so I warded blue. Right when Lee starts tackling it, Yi goes over to...steal(?) the buff, with the golem and Lee at 90% HP.
3) As you can imagine we got pushed hard in mid, so I was left there defending against 3 pokers, and Nunu starts going after Malzahar (most fed). Now, here is my real problem. Not only is he a complete noob for taking the bait into a 5v1, but the rest of the team blames me for being a coward, WTFFFFFFF!

Second game as slightly better, since nobody complained, but it really felt like everyone was doing whatever they wanted, doesn't feel as much of a team game as it used to. So then, I heard about this story where bot games lower your hidden ELO, anyone know if it's true?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 02:22   Link #1045
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

As far as I've heard, you don't have a hidden ELO for normals. You USED to, but they got rid of that. As far as I've heard, anyway. But to answer your question: No, I've never heard of anything like bot games lowering your hidden ELO.

Anivia is so much fun to use. She's basically the only AP carry I can competently use right now. It feels like she's so good, she offsets how bad I am.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 02:45   Link #1046
Kafriel
Senior Guest

There aren't any good champions, only summoners that play them well I really like her too, back on free week I had dominated enemy anivia @ mid with just the double damage from flash frost. Too bad she's so slow, but she really does carry the game, especially in jungle fights...
Old 2011-08-02, 05:56   Link #1047
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Anivia is so much fun to use. She's basically the only AP carry I can competently use right now. It feels like she's so good, she offsets how bad I am.
Actually, Anivia is one of the harder casters in the game to do well with so that doesnt make you bad at all. But if you can use Anivia, you should technically be able to use every other caster too. xP
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 10:01   Link #1048
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Good thing I bought her as my first champion then -_-
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 10:11   Link #1049
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hardest casters would be Orianna and Cassiopeia. Anivia is hard, but her difficulty is comprised of positioning and map awareness, which are summoner-centered issues and come with experience.
Old 2011-08-02, 11:20   Link #1050
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I found Cassiopeia quite easy with smart-casting and getting the timing right for her Q. Orianna is hard because you don't remember the range of her ball, which can screw up sometime when you are at max range and the ball return to you.
Old 2011-08-02, 11:35   Link #1051
Kafriel
Senior Guest

For me, Orianna's difficulty lies in positioning her ball. Casting QWE while running with your ball behind your opponents can be very tricky. Plus there's the usual mana issues, and when people get to know her, they will avoid the ball like madmen, so landing a good R can be a pain.
Cass is difficult probably because she looks OP, but isn't really; knowing when to engage and when not to might be harder than with normal champions. Other than that, she's got mobility, dot and overall good ratios, plus an escape/chasing R and a very good passive.
Old 2011-08-02, 11:40   Link #1052
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

You use the ball as a zoning tool, to control enemy's movement during laning phase. During team combat, it's not like you have to initiate with your skill anyway, so positioning your ball after your initiator to create even more chaos to enemy's formation.
Old 2011-08-02, 14:53   Link #1053
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otani-kun View Post
Actually, Anivia is one of the harder casters in the game to do well with so that doesnt make you bad at all. But if you can use Anivia, you should technically be able to use every other caster too. xP
I don't know... I mean, I can see why she might trip some people up if they panic on using the wall, and landing the skillshot is hard. That being said, I feel like, post-level 6, she just completely wins any trade in her lane and can farm so easily. Plus, she scales ridiculously well if you farm and it's really easy to farm with her.

Really, I think the hard part is landing her Q, but after playing Lux where I won't even land a third of my skillshots in lane, I don't even worry if I don't land it. I also don't think I use the wall as effectively as I should. That's why I think I'm bad even if I like playing Anivia and that she's so good she makes up for it. She snowballs so quickly post-level 6 that she basically makes up for my mediocre skillshooting from 1-5.

I play her like I play Ashe. Just chip away at people who approach but otherwise play pretty passively. For some reason, I can't play other casters the same way. I have no idea what to do in teamfights with Annie and I can't win lanes with her, for example.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 17:17   Link #1054
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Annie is one of the easiest casters , it's not that hard to spam her skills and get a kill.
Ex: Lv6 , wait stun , then , E -(Flash if needed)- Pedobear - W/Q - Q/W - Dead - or finish with ignite -
Normally , 1 burst is enough.

Ryze was like that before too but now with his rework , it's much harder to get a kill.

Anyway , according to some Riot's developpers , the next patch will be a big one.

Season 2 ? it might be a good thing to answer to dota2 cashprize.

Edit : So it's not the season 2.

Last edited by -Sho-; 2011-08-03 at 04:30.
Old 2011-08-03, 01:08   Link #1055
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

For the record, normal games have elo as well. It's just before it was logged in one of your files, but now it isn't anymore.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 01:21   Link #1056
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I have no idea what to do in teamfights with Annie and I can't win lanes with her, for example.
Like Sho said, in TF you just wait for your mass stun and burst one down, if they survive, you can have the bear chase them. Laning with Annie is one of the safest bets in LoL. Because of her medium cast range but long AA range, you can farm as passively as you want, Q won't even cost a thing once you get used to it. Once your lane is pushed, combo flash ftw.
Old 2011-08-03, 02:28   Link #1057
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wow, Jarvan skin for gold/platinum? Guess it's time to play ranked again... though the road to 1900 elo from 1250 is going to be tough within a month's time lols.

Well, at least my ranked games so far is SO MUCH easier than my normal games lols... then again, I'm occasionally paired with 2k elo guys in normal.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 04:34   Link #1058
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah it's easier at the beginning but when you reach 1400+ elo it becomes difficult cuz of random players.
Old 2011-08-03, 07:18   Link #1059
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If I had a team I'd only play premade ranked...but most of the people I started out with have quit :S Well, if you average +45 elo per game, it would take 15 straight wins to get 1900, but from what I've heard, champion bans also vary by elo, so things might get tough. Btw ever had 4 of the champs you usually play all get banned? Things can get tough^^
Old 2011-08-03, 07:38   Link #1060
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well no , +45 elo is for ~1200-1400 elo and after it decreases more and more , 1500+ or 1600+ elo (don't remember) is +10-15 elo.

And yes ban vary on elo.

Tags
league of legends, lol