AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 52 Rating
Perfect 10 43 66.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 26.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-12, 14:51   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
2. Alex standing up was a surprise, wasn't he the coward of the show?
Coward? No. The only time he "ran away" was during the Ishvalian genocide. He's just someone with a heart as big as his muscles.
Old 2010-04-12, 14:58   Link #42
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I am really hoping Funi releases a BD box set in NA. I'd totally buy it.
Old 2010-04-12, 15:08   Link #43
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Coward? No. The only time he "ran away" was during the Ishvalian genocide. He's just someone with a heart as big as his muscles.
I'm chuckling that that statement is somewhat redundant. After all, the heart is a muscle.
Old 2010-04-12, 15:19   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
I'm chuckling that that statement is somewhat redundant. After all, the heart is a muscle.

You know what I mean
I should have said his other muscles
Old 2010-04-12, 15:33   Link #45
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It might be for the best with Brotherhood. Making an episode like this right now will inevitably lower the quality of the next few episodes (we've seen the result in Eureka 7...), and it's clearly not a good time with so many great fights coming up. I'd be more than delighted if they can keep up the current animation quality until the end.
I meant more so past episodes then this final arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I am really hoping Funi releases a BD box set in NA. I'd totally buy it.
We'll probably get a boxset eventually, though i'll be working on the single volumes, starting in May.
Old 2010-04-12, 21:09   Link #46
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Pride is Selim Bradley's No more.

I hope that KISAMA YATSU gonna pay when they will see Pride again later Episode!
Old 2010-04-12, 21:21   Link #47
xellos2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
I guess you can say Armstrong stand for justice. He see no justice in killing the weak and the old during the war. You can call him a failure as a soldier but a great man who stand by his belief. Even average soldiers come to understand that as they watch him.
Old 2010-04-12, 22:09   Link #48
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
We'll probably get a boxset eventually, though i'll be working on the single volumes, starting in May.
I'm contemplating that since it'll probably be a year, at least, until they do a box set after the final volume is released. I have to see how they are releasing it. A lot of series are split up into volumes and then into parts, it's really stupid.
Old 2010-04-13, 03:01   Link #49
kujoe
from head to heel

Mustang is the man! Heck, even Olivier thinks highly of him... even if she won't really admit such a thing. That time when he brought her information in the guise of a bouquet of flowers still brings a smile to my face.

The next episode seems to put some focus on him too. I'll definitely be looking forward to that. It looks like the story has gotten more action-packed on all fronts recently, and I'm definitely not complaining.
Old 2010-04-13, 03:34   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I'm contemplating that since it'll probably be a year, at least, until they do a box set after the final volume is released. I have to see how they are releasing it. A lot of series are split up into volumes and then into parts, it's really stupid.
Well the release in May holds the first 13 episodes, so it's not your standard 4/5 episode DVD release.
Old 2010-04-13, 04:37   Link #51
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Well the release in May holds the first 13 episodes, so it's not your standard 4/5 episode DVD release.
From what I've seen it may start to become the standard, especially for FUNi. With the economy the way it is and production costs invariably lowering anyway as they figure out new ways to save money, they can sell more (and a higher percentage) of, and thus make more money off of, these larger sets. It's hard to justify selling four 23-minute episodes of FMA:B at $30-$40 a set, when two aisles down, they're selling twenty-four 45-minute long episodes of "24" (or any other major live-action series) for not much (if any) more. And also there's the little matter of the ~13-episode sets of the first FMA series sitting on the same aisle, at a similar price, screaming "They're gonna do the same thing with this series as well!" to any potential 4-episode buyer.

About the only place for 4-5 episode DVDs before too long is going to be special editions. And even those are starting to go the box-set route. Witness the 2-disc Gurren Lagann LEs...
Old 2010-04-13, 08:56   Link #52
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
^ Well yeah, I always feel kind of cheated when I have to pay for 3 episodes as much as for a whole season of a live action-series. It's the main reason I mostly refrain from buying them. They don't even get any cheaper with years passing D:

I'm totally getting a BD box of FMA:B~
Would be awesome if they include the omakes and specials. Would prefer the complete box, but 13 episodes are nice, too.
It really says a lot about the adaptation, if I'm so excited about rewatching already

Last edited by zebra; 2010-04-13 at 10:55.
Old 2010-04-13, 10:07   Link #53
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Yeah, I think I'll hold off on the box set. It'd be a lot cheaper too.
Old 2010-04-13, 11:59   Link #54
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Yeah, I think I'll hold off on the box set. It'd be a lot cheaper too.
If they release one that is.
Old 2010-04-13, 14:48   Link #55
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
If they release one that is.
Funi has been doing boxset, so I am sure they will.
Old 2010-04-13, 18:19   Link #56
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode LII: Combined Powers

An excellent episode that taught how the tenacity of humans pulls through dire situations.

Spoiler:

I could feel sorry for Kimblee's end.
Spoiler:

Now, if Envy at first and later Wrath pissed me off, Pride imperially pushed the limits of my mood to no end.
Spoiler:

And I hope the Armstrong Brothers have realized that together they stand chance and on solid ground against Sloth.
Spoiler:

For conclusion, I cheer on and on for May to have both the stamina, cleverness, and skills to dodge Envy's barrage of attacks with the least amount of effort while mocking him.
Old 2010-04-14, 02:07   Link #57
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
Hehe, well the concept/sin of sloth isn't really being slow: It's being able, but unwilling. Sloth is both incredibly strong and super fast, but he doesn't do what he is actually capable of doing out of laziness/apathy
It's one of the biggest misconceptions between diction and connotation of the word sloth. People mess it up all the time... I used to, as well. Not helped by our friend the three-toed sloth, who actually IS slow.

Anyway, more on topic...

Alphonse vs. Pride and Kimblee fight was damn cool. Yoki's appearance cracked me up... he's such a weak character, but he's gotten quite a few moments in the spotlight for a tertiary character.

Kimblee got crunched. Twice, actually. I'm actually kind of sad to see him go. I liked how he was depicted in Brotherhood as an immoral, but not flat out insane, killer. It made him creepier for me, and a better villian. It always entertained me to watch the wheels in his head turning... he was extremely perceptive and intelligent as well as a bit sadistic, a very dangerous combination. Minus the sadism and general lack of morals, his attitude actually reminded me a bit of Major General Armstrong and the Briggs soldiers because of his principles built around "survival of the fittest".

Anyway, the Armstrong Alliance is so freaking epic. I just think it's funny how Olivier never lets up on her brother, even when he saves her life.
Old 2010-04-14, 02:59   Link #58
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Kimblee got crunched. Twice, actually. I'm actually kind of sad to see him go. I liked how he was depicted in Brotherhood as an immoral, but not flat out insane, killer. It made him creepier for me, and a better villian. It always entertained me to watch the wheels in his head turning... he was extremely perceptive and intelligent as well as a bit sadistic, a very dangerous combination. Minus the sadism and general lack of morals, his attitude actually reminded me a bit of Major General Armstrong and the Briggs soldiers because of his principles built around "survival of the fittest".
You kinda contradicted yourself there. Lack of morals makes someone amoral, not immoral.
Old 2010-04-14, 08:15   Link #59
Grey

Quote:
Yeah, Kimblee was interesting. He was...'warped', yet still very 'sane'. An amiable sociopath, really; they're always fun, because of the contrast between the civilized side and the "whoa, what the hell" side. The Briggs crew do seem a bit similar--they just happen to be on a different side. Oh, and they don't enjoy blowing up people as much as Kimblee.

Bradley is also interesting. Specially raised from the start to be a fighting machine and a king. And while he looks dedicated to fulfilling the role he was given, he also seems to enjoy the fact that people are rebelling against him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
You kinda contradicted yourself there. Lack of morals makes someone amoral, not immoral.
Ah, but people who lack morals may often behave in ways that other people will see as immoral.

Last edited by Grey; 2010-04-14 at 08:52.
Old 2010-04-14, 09:16   Link #60
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Alphonse vs. Pride and Kimblee fight was damn cool. Yoki's appearance cracked me up... he's such a weak character, but he's gotten quite a few moments in the spotlight for a tertiary character.

Kimblee got crunched. Twice, actually. I'm actually kind of sad to see him go. I liked how he was depicted in Brotherhood as an immoral, but not flat out insane, killer. It made him creepier for me, and a better villian. It always entertained me to watch the wheels in his head turning... he was extremely perceptive and intelligent as well as a bit sadistic, a very dangerous combination. Minus the sadism and general lack of morals, his attitude actually reminded me a bit of Major General Armstrong and the Briggs soldiers because of his principles built around "survival of the fittest
It's totally UNFAIR that I thought Scar will killed him but apparently I was wrong (since he was in Central with Ed & Friends). Also this ep really getting on my nerves (Due being despair about what's gonna happen NEXT).

I say SEE YOU IN HELL KIMBLEE!!

BTW about Gluttony was the coolest and the kindest humonculus ever. He's just a child with a really big appetite, (kinda like Majin Boo)..

HATE PRIDE BRADLEY! and pity WRATH BRADLEY'S WIFE (I wonder how embarass that she feel about her husband & son to me.)!

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2010-04-14 at 10:29.
Closed Thread