AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-22, 21:08   Link #501
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I listened to the whole CD there. It was epic. Especially Saikyo Pare Parade.
Old 2009-06-23, 01:44   Link #502
OkamiNoKaze

I made a playlist on youtube, with nearly every scene from that concert, some subtitled some not, Aya's Pink shirt still cracks me up, she looks and sounds so cute and innocent to be wearing a shirt saying what it does. And Yuki's voice actress reminds me of an elf.
Old 2009-06-23, 03:23   Link #503
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
I made a playlist on youtube, with nearly every scene from that concert, some subtitled some not, Aya's Pink shirt still cracks me up, she looks and sounds so cute and innocent to be wearing a shirt saying what it does. And Yuki's voice actress reminds me of an elf.
I NEED A TONGUE BATH

Also wrong concert.
Old 2009-06-23, 10:05   Link #504
Animexcel

I thought the orchestra arrangement was pretty cool. Symphony #7 in C major went the Bolero route hahaa..

Last edited by Animexcel; 2009-06-23 at 12:16.
Old 2009-06-23, 11:31   Link #505
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Oh god...Hirano Aya's godly pink shirt...(no pun intended)

I'm glad Hirano Aya improved her singing, her personal concert was decent. Unamed World on Animelo 2008 was really good for her standards. Oh my...this is the best Bouken Desho Desho I ever ever ever ever heard from her. I think I heard all the live versions already, this is definately the best one. Most likely she's sitting down or standing still and not jumping around like a maniac (or trying to flash her panties).

I'm quite a fan of orchestra music, this is definately a great listen. Especially with Hirano Aya's improved singing, Chihara Minori(n) is one of the seiyuus who can sing well live. I want the instrumental version...the arrangement is certainly done well, Koi no Mikuru Densetsu sounds just like any other movie soundtrack. Did the conductor re-arranged it? Even on my crappy £20 speakers it sounds great, I'm waiting for my absolutely evil ear infection to go away, so I can use my in-ear headphones. ;~;

Who ever thought of the idea of making an orchestra version of Haruhi music should get a promotion. I shall stop saying how much I love this.
Old 2009-06-23, 21:29   Link #506
OkamiNoKaze

Wonder how long it'll be before there's Haruhi the Musical
Old 2009-06-23, 21:37   Link #507
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Whenever Haruhi wonders what it'd be like if everyone randomly burst into song and dance numbers...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-06-23, 21:39   Link #508
Midonin
Last Engage

If the world could spontaneously break into song and dance more often, it would be a better place. I can see Haruhi thinking the same. Somehow.
Old 2009-06-23, 21:41   Link #509
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

The drawback being that if the dancing goes on too long, people could start spontaneously combusting.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-06-23, 21:49   Link #510
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I didn't like it as much as I'm guessing you guys did. I didn't listen to all of it [if it gets better after 1:26, then my mistake], but it mostly seemed like her singing [which isn't that good, but it was live, so eh] overlayed onto orchestral music, which didn't fit her singing. It kept feeling like her singing and the orchestra were trying to overpower each other, so it didn't seem like they fit together at all.
Old 2009-06-23, 21:53   Link #511
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I didn't like it as much as I'm guessing you guys did. I didn't listen to all of it [if it gets better after 1:26, then my mistake], but it mostly seemed like her singing [which isn't that good, but it was live, so eh] overlayed onto orchestral music, which didn't fit her singing. It kept feeling like her singing and the orchestra were trying to overpower each other, so it didn't seem like they fit together at all.
Listen to the other tracks. The vocal tracks (except for BDD) are fairly eh in comparison to the epicness of the orchestral BGM tracks.
Old 2009-06-23, 22:00   Link #512
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
The drawback being that if the dancing goes on too long, people could start spontaneously combusting.
I've got a theory... Haruhi's dreaming... and we're all stuck inside her whacky broadway nightmare...
Old 2009-06-23, 22:07   Link #513
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
I've got a theory... Haruhi's dreaming... and we're all stuck inside her whacky broadway nightmare...
STOP ITTTT

You keep getting things stuck in my head.

And now, of course, I'm wondering what bunnies need such good eyesight for, anyways...

Last edited by wittyusername; 2009-06-25 at 13:59.
Old 2009-06-23, 23:06   Link #514
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyusername View Post
And now, of course, I'm wondering what bunnies need such good eyesigt for, anyways...
They got... the mustard... OOOOOOOOOUT!
Old 2009-06-24, 05:32   Link #515
arcticphoenix16

I just started listening to them a few minutes ago. I have to say WTF DID THEY DO to Koi no Mikuru Densetsu??!!

It's actually GOOD now.
Old 2009-06-24, 08:16   Link #516
Rungelunge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_Star View Post
The BGM for this anime is awesome. It's some of the best I've ever heard. =3
Does anyone know what the BGM is in the first episode when Koizumi is talking about how Haruhi wears her hair a different way each day? That's one of my favorites, but I don't know what it's called.
A bit late but I think you mean this bgm: "Soundtrack 5 & Radio Bangumi 6\04 - Comical Hustle"
Old 2009-06-24, 20:46   Link #517
Peanutbutter

Like to seek assistance to translate into romaji, the songs for the Churuya-san 3rd CD:

Quote:
收錄曲:
01. このスモチからの卒業 / ちゅるやさん(CV.松岡由貴) ゲスト:涼宮ハルヒ(CV.平野綾)、キョン(CV.杉田智和)
02. まちが~って? スモチタベル / ちゅるやさん(CV.松岡由貴) ゲスト:古泉一樹(CV.小野大輔)
I can grasp the singers but not the song title. TIA.
Old 2009-06-25, 06:59   Link #518
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
I thought the orchestra arrangement was pretty cool. Symphony #7 in C major went the Bolero route hahaa..
I find it a little sad (but amusing) that the only thing I remember of Ravel's Bolero is a snippet of the melody, and the bit about being one single long gradual crescendo.

I wonder if this arrangement of "Leningrad" is intentionally based on that.
Old 2009-06-25, 16:52   Link #519
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Like to seek assistance to translate into romaji, the songs for the Churuya-san 3rd CD:

I can grasp the singers but not the song title. TIA.
01. このスモチからの卒業
Kono Sumochi Kara no Soutsugyou
02. まちが~って? スモチタベル
Machiga~tte? Sumochi Taberu

Don't know why they'd be abbreviating "smoked cheese" like that when they said it properly in the shorts, but I think that's what they're doing.
Old 2009-06-25, 21:30   Link #520
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
01. このスモチからの卒業
Kono Sumochi Kara no Soutsugyou
02. まちが~って? スモチタベル
Machiga~tte? Sumochi Taberu

Don't know why they'd be abbreviating "smoked cheese" like that when they said it properly in the shorts, but I think that's what they're doing.
Thanks. Look forward to those songs on my channel.
Closed Thread