AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-04-03, 11:30   Link #6241
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.kun View Post
Spoiler:
Translation for this? If Higanbana is actually getting the Sound Novel treatment, I'm pretty excited!
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 11:36   Link #6242
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku View Post
Translation for this? If Higanbana is actually getting the Sound Novel treatment, I'm pretty excited!
Basically it's announcing the new volume of the manga (4/9) and that, after higurashi and umineko, we'll have Higanbana game version (this summer)
Old 2011-04-03, 12:47   Link #6243
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

That's nice to hear. I wonder if Ryukishi is still doing the drawing himself, or will we get the manga artist to do it. Further, could the artist who did the still character sprites in Ougon Musou Kyoku be working as 07th Expansion's future artist? I do like Ryukishi's art very much, but I guess it isn't a given that he'll keep working it.

Seems like I misinterpreted the Summer Comiket cancellation things. Letting people cancel their participation is more likely than cancelling the whole event. I don't even know if 07th Expansion was actually cancelling their participation, if you say the advertisement says Higanbana is coming out this summer.

Ryukishi has another post on his blog:
Spoiler for 07th Expansion blog 1.4.:

I gathered it's some kind of business message concerning Wonder Festival (some "garage kit" showcase event). It says something about cancellation and copyrights but I can't really understand much. Could someone translate, maybe it has something concerning Summer Comiket or the earlier blog post?
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 14:07   Link #6244
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
Basically it's announcing the new volume of the manga (4/9) and that, after higurashi and umineko, we'll have Higanbana game version (this summer)
That sounds awesome! Especially after Umineko, Ryuukishi definitely knows how the set the atmosphere in the sound novel medium. I'm looking forward to the future.
Old 2011-04-03, 14:13   Link #6245
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Apparently Wonder Festival's process for handling copyright applications was interrupted due to the earthquake (I assume this involves getting permission to produce derivative works or something). In order to work around that, Ryukishi says that just for this event, all of 07th Expansion's works will be "copyright-free", so people don't need to worry about it.
Old 2011-04-03, 14:19   Link #6246
ghost_zero5

So is he now going only into the Higanbana direction (like that one news on 1st April suggested) or will he later also go again to When They Cry (which would mean the 1st April news was partly an April's fool).

Is Higanbana still mystery (or just horror or whatever)?
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 14:49   Link #6247
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Apparently Wonder Festival's process for handling copyright applications was interrupted due to the earthquake (I assume this involves getting permission to produce derivative works or something). In order to work around that, Ryukishi says that just for this event, all of 07th Expansion's works will be "copyright-free", so people don't need to worry about it.
Yes, this is probably it. IIRC, whoever's running WonFes (Kaiyodo this year, I think) basically said that due to the quake, they won't be handling copyright applications as normal (as far as I know, that means forwarding it to the company who made the work the kits are based off of), so companies need to deal with the copyright on their own.
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 17:43   Link #6248
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I also wonder what art style Higanbana will have... I really hope it's not the same artist who drew the sprites for Ougon Musou Kyoku, I can't stand that art style and I honestly prefer Ryukishi's style to that. I'm hoping that it's the artist who drew the covers(?) for Higanbana, like the one above with Higanbana and the one with Higanbana and Marie laying on the ground. I like that art style.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 18:08   Link #6249
Judoh
Mystery buff

It sort of makes sense for him to go in this direction because before he became the "Higurashi guy" he started out by writing short stories. His bigger stories are mostly connecting short stories to a wider narrative. Maybe he's as exhausted from writing them as Witch Hunt is at translating them? That would be a neat coincidence anyway.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 19:06   Link #6250
Sorcerer of Miracles
Game Master

EP8 almost confirmed a new When They Cry series coming anyway.

Maybe he's just planning the new proyect (mystery is a genre which needs a lot of it) and, meanwhile, he's writing this Hingabana short story and the supposed "Umineko Rei". That'd be great news since Umineko lacked a bit of planning.

Regards.
Sorcerer of Miracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 20:04   Link #6251
Madman6510
Child of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
I also wonder what art style Higanbana will have... I really hope it's not the same artist who drew the sprites for Ougon Musou Kyoku, I can't stand that art style and I honestly prefer Ryukishi's style to that. I'm hoping that it's the artist who drew the covers(?) for Higanbana, like the one above with Higanbana and the one with Higanbana and Marie laying on the ground. I like that art style.
If he does decide to outsource his art, I can't really complain. The Umineko sprites were ok, but, I mean, Higurashi was really good, but oh lawd, the original art sucked.
Madman6510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 05:32   Link #6252
James Lame
ahaha.wav

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
Interesting. I just finished reading Higanbana to get an idea on what to expect and I'd say it has potential but I'm not hooked just yet.
The main character felt (as of yet) really bland, i mean the teacher was almost the main reason why i kept on reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_zero5 View Post
Is Higanbana still mystery (or just horror or whatever)?
As of yet it's just horror.
James Lame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 18:42   Link #6253
Used Can

This has probably been asked before, but will a compatibility patch for EP8 be out eventually?
Old 2011-04-04, 21:55   Link #6254
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Think witch hunt are planning on releasing it as a partial patch (or maybe full, who knows) without releasing a version of 5-6-7 patch for ep 8 first.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 01:07   Link #6255

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
Think witch hunt are planning on releasing it as a partial patch (or maybe full, who knows) without releasing a version of 5-6-7 patch for ep 8 first.
It's more like the other way around, actually. The next patch will be for EP8 and will include the 5-7 translations. Witch Hunt have stated this numerous times, and this is the way they've always done it.
Message is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 04:43   Link #6256
Oblivion

So is plot for Higanbana all on one world or multiple worlds like Higurashi and Umineko?
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 05:00   Link #6257
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Message View Post
It's more like the other way around, actually. The next patch will be for EP8 and will include the 5-7 translations. Witch Hunt have stated this numerous times, and this is the way they've always done it.
I think what he means is that there's going to be no compatibility-only patch (with maybe the first chapter or two), which is unlike what's happened before. Which would be correct, as the first EP8 patch will cover a substantial (but less than 100%) portion of the game (in addition to supporting EP5-7, as usual).

Can't elaborate on a target completion amount or release date, but EP8 buyers probably won't be left in the cold for too much longer if things go according to plan.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 10:24   Link #6258
Keriaku
Thought Being

Awesome news. Thanks for the update, k//eternal.
Old 2011-04-05, 17:51   Link #6259
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Yep eternal that was what I meant, thanks for making it clear and confirming it.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 00:38   Link #6260
AlexiaCarcera

Many thanks k//eternal! I wasn't sure if they were going to release 50% patch or 100% ahaha.

Tags
translation