AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 40 40.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 38.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 7.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-03, 01:48   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-12-03, 02:01   Link #2
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Episode 10 Preview:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2012-12-03, 07:21   Link #3
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Episode 10: The Holy Mother's... Pandora Box (Kanji is for bentou box)
Site preview:
Rikka notices her feelings towards Yuuta are changing. Yuuta also notices his feelings for Rikka are changing as well. The two meet in order to ascertain the others feelings and awkwardly make a new contract that is different from their previous one.
However, on the day of the school festival, Yuuta says some harsh words to Rikka that he could not avoid saying.

TV Stations/Magazines preview:
After their feelings for each other have been confirmed, the user of the Wicked Eye and the Dark Flame Master have been bound in a new contract. One day, the Priestess from the Ethereal Horizon's Administrative Bureau, Touka, makes a suggestion to Yuuta. Touka's suggestion causes Yuuta to get violently upset and say harsh words to Rikka....

Script: Hanada, Direction/Storyboards: Takemoto, Animation D: Nao Naito

Production images:
Spoiler:

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-12-04 at 18:37.
Old 2012-12-03, 07:22   Link #4
Yanaro

Spoiler for Translation by DeciduousSahagin on youtube:
Old 2012-12-03, 10:11   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yuuta confesses!? This is gonna be good.
Old 2012-12-03, 22:54   Link #6
rulfo

Takemoto episode yeah!
Old 2012-12-04, 05:28   Link #7
johan8989

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Episode 10: The Holy Mother's... Pandora Box (Kanji is for bentou box)
Site preview:
Rikka notices her feelings towards Yuuta are changing. Yuuta also notices his feelings for Rikka are changing as well. The two meet in order to ascertain the others feelings and awkwardly make a new contract that is different from their previous one.
However, on the day of the school festival, Yuuta says some harsh words to Rikka that he could not avoid saying.

TV Stations/Magazines preview:
After their feelings for each other have been confirmed, the user of the Wicked Eye and the Dark Flame Master have been bound in a new contract. One day, the Priestess from the Ethereal Horizon's Administrative Bureau, Touka, makes a suggestion to Yuuta. Touka's suggestion causes Yuuta to get violently upset and say harsh words to Rikka....

Script: Hanada, Direction/Storyboards: Takemoto, Animation D: Nao Naito
Spoiler:

reply privately if you want to avoid giving spoilers ^ ^
Old 2012-12-04, 08:37   Link #8
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johan8989 View Post
Spoiler:

reply privately if you want to avoid giving spoilers ^ ^
what I've gathered they used the first light novel as a base for the anime. Making a more anime original, so far the only thing similar is episode 5. Ultima can probably expand more on why it's different.
Old 2012-12-05, 11:06   Link #9
rulfo

Spoiler for Episode 10:

Last edited by rulfo; 2012-12-05 at 11:52.
Old 2012-12-05, 12:14   Link #10
johan8989

makes me a little upset ^ ^, so good that it gets in the novel and decided to change ... Well although insurance just ended, but still good^ ^
Old 2012-12-05, 14:25   Link #11
Seihai
スマイリウム

Spoiler for 10 - "Take It Off!":
Old 2012-12-05, 15:32   Link #12
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I really didn't expect Rikka and Yuuta reversing their roles in their respective confession, it was so sweet and hilarious at the same time
In any case, the episode was balanced in a "reversed way": the "romcom" was pushed on the front with the drama afterwards, which felt a bit on the melo side, but still fair with the series so far.

I particularly liked how they give Shinka, Makoto and even Sanae some role in this part, with Makoto having the ugly short end of a stick
That being said, I'm quite curious how they will handle Rikka's issue with her mother, although I sure hope it won't take more than episode 11 to be done with, as it felt a bit a tease to have such sweet atmosphere then the drama striking back in such fashion. I think they missed the opportunity to leave some breather after all the interactions and events going for the last 2 episodes, but heh.
Old 2012-12-05, 16:40   Link #13
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The confession sequence was wonderful. The entwining of little fingers was especially moving. Going almost straight to confession like this was perfect: further delay would have been pure tease.

Animation highlight: Shinka's fingers wiggling at around 16:00:

Images
Shinka's fingers (still image)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-12-05, 17:06   Link #14
Witheirate

**speechless**

Important note: Watch after the credits!!!!

Last edited by Witheirate; 2012-12-05 at 18:32. Reason: finished watching...
Old 2012-12-05, 17:44   Link #15
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

*huff huff huff*

phew, Luckily i survived from series of heart attack. Dat 10 minute of confession is just too (>//口//<)

so yeah mother issue thing. kinda bit to force but at same time feel natural. it just doesnt scream a serious issue to me.

Also Shinka and her friend is epic

PS: Yuuta must be learn some martial art back in middle school

Old 2012-12-05, 18:02   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

A lot happened in this episode. It was a nice mix for comedy, heart-warming moments, and drama. The confession was wonderful. The picky holding was adorable beyond belief... my god, are they trying to kill me?!

Isshiki mustered the courage to confess to Kumin too, however unfortunately for him it didn't go as well as for the two lovebirds. He should make sure she is not asleep the next time. Another amusing scene was Shinka running into her two acquaintances from middle school. Yuuta is lucky the same did not happen to him. Dekomori thinking Rikka was going to confess to her was also pretty funny. That sequence made it clear the bond they share go beyond that of a master and servant. They're actually very close friends. I was pretty impressed with Dekomori, she gave Rikka some thoughtful advice. She's not such a brat, after all.

Now, on to the drama. I did not expect Touka to move abroad. It appears she is on better terms with her mother than I thought she was. That's not the case for Rikka, though. It will be hard to convince her to live with her mother, but if anyone can do it, it's Yuuta. He's even managed the remarkable feat to make her abandon her wicked eye. She is most likely not entirely cured of her chuunibyou yet, but she has taken a step in the right direction. It's amazing what the power of love can accomplish.

I'm curious to learn more about Rikka's mother and her situation. It's still a bit fuzzy. She seems to care about her daughters, so how come she left them in the care of their grandparents? I hope that will be answered next week. She doesn't seem to be a bad person at all, so she probably had valid reasons.
Old 2012-12-05, 18:36   Link #17
Itlandm
Porcupine

I still think it could all be a Touka plot. She conveniently just happens to get a reason to travel abroad at this time? Just when Rikka is finally unlikely to run off into the night since her boyfriend lives right downstairs? It is almost too convenient.

I think Yuuta's first impulse was right. Rikka is not ready yet. There will be backlash from this, I think. It is not that easy.
Old 2012-12-05, 19:20   Link #18
Warm Mist

This episode was amazing.

The whole first half was one of, if not the, highest point of the series, both visually and emotionally. This time the insert song didn't feel cheesy at all, it complimented the scene nicely. And the storyboard and lightning work done in here is just astounding, as expected from Takemoto.

The second half had the drama come in, and I thought it was handled rather well. Not showing the fight between Yuuta and Rikka was the right choice, it would have generated too many mood swings in the episode and lost the 'laid-back' tone it had.

And the animation was a step up from the last two episodes, there were many great cuts. Mariko Takahashi and Takemoto both did genga for the episode.

All in all, 9/10. Up there with episodes 2 and 5.
Old 2012-12-05, 20:08   Link #19
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

I agree that the drama part is rather well done this time. The fact that we the viewers kind of expect it coming helps a lot though. Still, I also agree with Klashikari that I kinda hope they keep the sweet moment a little longer. They didn't even get a change to have a taste of dating yet

I particularly like how they buildup the confession. Yuuta and Rikka both went to have a talk with their respective best friend, and both of them give a good final push in their own way.

Another good point IMO is how they avoid the usual "bento full of love" by having Yuuta comment that it's "full of reality." It really send the message that now the reality come crushing at both of them. I'm eager to see how they will handle this.
Old 2012-12-05, 20:09   Link #20
HandofFate

Wow, this episode felt super long. Felt like I had just watched a movie standalone portion of this series.

Confession part was sweet, though the insert song felt really cheesy. Felt like I was watching a housewifes jdorama.

Forget the name of that other guy, but he has my pity lol. Kumin was funny this episode enough though her screentime is so little.

Nibutani running into her old middleschool acquittance was a good scene too.