Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-03-31, 10:40   Link #29381
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
RG Impulse O.O The MG itself has problem recreating the core splendor with the right colors, imagine it in RG. How small its parts would be O.O
...Which is why I suspect Bandai will eventually get around to doing MG RM Ver/HD Ver. for:

Freedom
Strike Freedom
Savior
Justice
Infinite Justice
Force Impulse
Blast Impulse
Sword Impulse
Destiny
Old 2013-03-31, 11:09   Link #29382
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
RG Impulse O.O The MG itself has problem recreating the core splendor with the right colors, imagine it in RG. How small its parts would be O.O
Just make the parts to build the suit. I like the impulse, not that it's a modular suit.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 14:49   Link #29383
suiton629
Master Grade Master

So I was over at GG Infinite's blog and checking out their chat box.

Apparently, the upcoming "online exclusive" release for the Launcher/Sword pack is actually reusing the one from the old, MG version?

Spoiler:

Can anyone clarify this?

Last edited by suiton629; 2013-03-31 at 16:12.
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 18:55   Link #29384
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Core splendor colors can be resolve for what they did to the VF-25 messiah kit. Using decals for the colours
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 20:05   Link #29385
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
Core splendor colors can be resolve for what they did to the VF-25 messiah kit. Using decals for the colours
or with MG Nu ver Ka's paper thin stickers?

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 21:37   Link #29386
Skye629

Dont know bout you guys but I love the 00 movie designs, it just fits my tastes, they're not too over the top imo (I consider over the top to be giant busy things like the EX-S gundam or the ones from Hathaway's Flash, or some of the stuff from the Advance of Zeta novels)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 22:01   Link #29387
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Dont know bout you guys but I love the 00 movie designs, it just fits my tastes, they're not too over the top imo (I consider over the top to be giant busy things like the EX-S gundam or the ones from Hathaway's Flash, or some of the stuff from the Advance of Zeta novels)
Well my major gripes with 00 Movie Gundam designs are:

Harute’s gigantic assbackpack: Ugh!
Raphael’s Seravee II Pack: Total aesthetic killer (when mounted) .
Zabanya’s bits holders: Which house did Zabanya steal that fences from?

Like I said before, the design for the heads and bodies themselves are cool (I like them very much). It’s the ungodly weapons and accessories that ruin it.
Old 2013-04-01, 07:08   Link #29388
Providenceangle

I'm not saying they aren't cool, or that I dislike them. It's just they aren't kits I would buy. I don't like them enough to display them, I guess. 90% of gundams are cool looking, regardless of where they originate.
Old 2013-04-01, 07:29   Link #29389
ingram1106

Although PG had not come out at all after Strike Freedom, was it that it is stopped?
I want PG Gundam Age‐1 or FX kit by which the internal mechanism was also exactly reproduced in large size.
Old 2013-04-01, 07:42   Link #29390
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingram1106 View Post
Although PG had not come out at all after Strike Freedom, was it that it is stopped?
I want PG Gundam Age‐1 or FX kit by which the internal mechanism was also exactly reproduced in large size.
IMO PG Age-1 or FX is really unlikely since the PG line are mostly dictate by popularity (GP01, Astray, Strike Freedom, 00 Raiser, Strike Rouge, etc) to make sure that the kit sell considering how expensive it is to make. That said, I don’t think both Age-1 and FX are popular enough to be made into PGs. Hell, even the most popular MSs in recent years (Unicorn, Sinanju, Freedom, Nu, etc) still haven’t made it into PG yet.
Old 2013-04-01, 08:25   Link #29391
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well my major gripes with 00 Movie Gundam designs are:

Harute’s gigantic assbackpack: Ugh!
Raphael’s Seravee II Pack: Total aesthetic killer (when mounted) .
Zabanya’s bits holders: Which house did Zabanya steal that fences from?

Like I said before, the design for the heads and bodies themselves are cool (I like them very much). It’s the ungodly weapons and accessories that ruin it.
I dunno. It's probably why Bandai never gave an MG release for Hallelujah, Tieria, and Lockon's suits from 00. I guess they felt Setsuna's suits were more popular and well, the trend for Bandai is to at the very least get all (or most) of the lead's suits & variants released in MG.

But the Exia R2 is still missing in action but we have some hope since that Metal Build Exia is coming and it has parts to make it into the R3 which you can convert to the R2 with a few parts so if we ever do get an R2, I suspect it'll be like "online exclusive" or just very expensive regular release and have the parts to make the R3 much like the Exia Ignition Mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
IMO PG Age-1 or FX is really unlikely since the PG line are mostly dictate by popularity (GP01, Astray, Strike Freedom, 00 Raiser, Strike Rouge, etc) to make sure that the kit sell considering how expensive it is to make. That said, I don’t think both Age-1 and FX are popular enough to be made into PGs. Hell, even the most popular MSs in recent years (Unicorn, Sinanju, Freedom, Nu, etc) still haven’t made it into PG yet.
I agree with you on this one. Even though it would be cool to get some Age kits in PG, I think that Bandai is more confident and more likely to just keep the Age series within the SD, HG, and MG range. Hell, even the RG line of Age kits are unlikely as well.

I think it's because the SD, HG, and MG are generally low cost to develop & manufacture, and the whole thing with Age is to market the kits towards younger kids given how much simpler the engineering is; even with the MG.

And even though we're getting Memories of Eden and likely to see like the Age-2 Normal Special Forces at least get an MG release (be it online exclusive or not), I really don't think Age is that popular enough to warrant getting a PG.

In fact, IMO, the next PG we could get are:

- Exia
- Unicorn
- Banshee
- Destiny
- Wing Zero EW --> maybe a new one?
- Freedom

That's about it. But I think that Unicorn & Banshee might not be likely considering how HUGE they will be and the fact that they transform so I would guess diecast metal parts would be required much like how we don't have an MG Khshatriya since that would be way too big and heavy and would also require diecast to support the suit.
Old 2013-04-01, 17:31   Link #29392
Providenceangle

Since it's been so long since the last PG, they might use HD Destiny's release to, release an Impulse or Destiny PG. Extremely doubtful but, it's not out of the question. Much easier to see happening, then a pg age "anything". Personally I'd like to see PG Sinanju, or another baddy. There are only 2 non-gundams. It'd be nice to see something else.

I think I'm gonna have to cough up the cash to get a MG Jesta. Looks pretty badass.
Old 2013-04-01, 23:35   Link #29393
Zeydra
A random passerby

I love how the box art for the Jesta is already teasing the Jesta Canon.

And on the note of perfect grade prediction I would personally back a Unicorn as the most likely right now. Sazabi is my bet for the christmas suit this year, but I have a hunch when we get another perfect grade it might be a Unicorn given how much the series seems to sell.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 01:54   Link #29394
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
Since it's been so long since the last PG, they might use HD Destiny's release to, release an Impulse or Destiny PG. Extremely doubtful but, it's not out of the question. Much easier to see happening, then a pg age "anything". Personally I'd like to see PG Sinanju, or another baddy. There are only 2 non-gundams. It'd be nice to see something else.

I think I'm gonna have to cough up the cash to get a MG Jesta. Looks pretty badass.
I wonder why they never released a blue astray. Won't cost alot in development, it' would be a repaint with just some extra weapons like bazooka's and missile pods. I'd buy it
or a gold frame amatsuMina custom (got to stop dreaming...)

PG's are very expensive, and don't sell that well we 'd be lucky if we ever got a new one.

Good candidates are Freedom, Exia, Unicorn or Destiny, the rest does not have much of a chance.

I pre-ordered MG Jesta! I'm not a great fan of Unicorn as a series, but i love mass production suits

MG Jesta Canon is a likely release in a few months as it's very popular and just an update with extra armor of the MG Jesta.
Bandai will probably look at the sales of the MG Jesta to decide if it will get a release. They could have easily made 1 kit with extra parts for the canon version. Don't really get why they do not do that. Most people only buy 1 version anyway, except me, i'd buy one extra
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 04:00   Link #29395
Zeydra
A random passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
They could have easily made 1 kit with extra parts for the canon version. Don't really get why they do not do that. Most people only buy 1 version anyway, except me, i'd buy one extra
Making a product cheaper is probably blasphemy for Bandai.

To be fair though isn't the Canon type a different color to the standard Jesta as well as having different weapons?
Old 2013-04-02, 06:15   Link #29396
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
Making a product cheaper is probably blasphemy for Bandai.

To be fair though isn't the Canon type a different color to the standard Jesta as well as having different weapons?
Nope, base model has the same colors, armor is the other color

here's the 1/144 HG for comparison:

http://www.dalong.net/review/hg/h152/p/h152_31.jpg

1/144 HG Jesta canon even comes with all parts to make it a normal jesta!
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 07:39   Link #29397
Exia_00
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to Exia_00 Send a message via Yahoo to Exia_00
^ if what you are saying is true you may have sold me on it!
Old 2013-04-02, 09:28   Link #29398
Providenceangle

I think it would be cool, if bandai added the parts to make the MG Jesta Cannon, in the normal kit. Actually give something back, as a forgive me for all the "BS" online exclusives.
Of course this is bandai, the people who do the online exclusives in the first place...

Well for 700USD it seems you can get a PG GP02, from G-System... I understand that it's hard creating resin kits, but selling at that price, will not allow you to make profit. At least not in my opinion. It's like trying to get your total build cost in one shot. Sadly people will buy it at that price.
Old 2013-04-02, 10:52   Link #29399
Zeydra
A random passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
Nope, base model has the same colors, armor is the other color

here's the 1/144 HG for comparison:

http://www.dalong.net/review/hg/h152/p/h152_31.jpg

1/144 HG Jesta canon even comes with all parts to make it a normal jesta!
Strange, guess my memory was playing tricks on me. Now I fear Canon will be an online exclusive, on the other hand they do seem to love selling Unicorn master grades, so much so that they will release a kit to the stores with a only slightly different shade of red and a bazooka extra. So maybe there is hope that the Jesta Canon will get a normal release.
Old 2013-04-02, 11:33   Link #29400
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Man, I really miss the old days when Mobile Suits as obscure as Gogg, Z’gok, Acguy, Gyan, and even Guntank get regular MG release. Nowadays, even a Suit as popular as Tallgeese II is relegated to exclusive items. *sigh* I guess economy has turned for the worse. I fear for the future .

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy