AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Old 2008-05-19, 17:17   Link #221
chison
GSNMaSter
*Artist

anyone know a site sell doujinshi to oversea??

kindy of never come across it before and would like to know^^
thank in advance
chison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 09:57   Link #222
Zoe

Does anybody know around how much the average monthly magazine weighs in grams?
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 12:19   Link #223
Nervous Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chison View Post
anyone know a site sell doujinshi to oversea??

kindy of never come across it before and would like to know^^
thank in advance
Have you ever tried jpqueen.com. They've got quite a selection of doujinshi.
Also, nippon-export.com might also carry doujinshi.

I think they ship overseas.
Nervous Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 23:28   Link #224
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Does anybody know around how much the average monthly magazine weighs in grams?
Which kind of magazines. Shounen manga, shoujo manga (things like Nakayoshi and Ribon), other manga, others.

Different type of magazine weights differently. And if you're talking about the shoujo ones, then those are hard to say. (Buncha 付録 every issue and all that.)
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 08:04   Link #225
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
Which kind of magazines. Shounen manga, shoujo manga (things like Nakayoshi and Ribon), other manga, others.

Different type of magazine weights differently. And if you're talking about the shoujo ones, then those are hard to say. (Buncha 付録 every issue and all that.)
I'm eyeing Gangan (shonen) and LaLa and Betsuma (shoujo) right now. I have an old Nakayoshi from 1998 that weighs around 900g, but I don't know how that magazine compares to others.
Old 2008-05-28, 13:50   Link #226
mangaglobal
don

there is a website www.mangaglobal.com
the price is really good, but the items aren't that many.
But you can contact the website and get manga you want very soon.

Last edited by mangaglobal; 2008-05-29 at 13:47.
mangaglobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 17:43   Link #227
Delphin

Hiya all, if I'll buy japanese comic, and send to you ,
you want it ?

*It buys it instead of you. It is not free of charge. It only has to get the
price and the carriage of the book.
(本の代金と送料を貰えばOKです。梱包とかは私がやります)

I dont know how to send to forign country, but if want someone(anyone?)
I want to try it.

Because it is not a trader (shop), a large amount of cannot be done.
Though they are at most 2 or 3 people

cause I want friends foreign country, and try to learn english.

sry for strange english. I using transelate web service.
妙な英語ですいません。Excite翻訳を使ってます。

もしよかったら、簡単な英語で返事とか下さい。
if you interested, plz repley easy english.:-)

my web site
anime-japan
talk about anime japan comic culture

now I got to go work, I 'll check this sled 12hr later.
bye.
Delphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 21:56   Link #228
obentou
Maximum7/Ossu

I've always wondered, what's another good alternative to purchase manga in Canada other than going to anime conventions?
obentou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 23:41   Link #229
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by obentou View Post
I've always wondered, what's another good alternative to purchase manga in Canada other than going to anime conventions?
Try:
http://riwasa.com/shopping/canada/canada.htm
Might be a little dated, but some of those stores still exist.

Or perhaps:
http://www.hobbyfanatics.com/index.php?showtopic=1859

If you're in the GTA:
http://www.beguiling.com/
http://www.thelabyrinthstore.com/
http://toronto.ourfaves.com/places/BMV_Books
^ Above three happen to be within walking distance of each other. Just hop off Bathurst station and stroll to each of 'em.
The Beguiling also stocks anime, T-shirts, artbooks, and other things. I sort of prefer this store out of the three.
The Labyrinth deals mostly in printed material (manga, artbooks, etc), but they're small right now, so once they get a handle on things I expect they'll have more variety. I'm willing to bet some of the artbooks will catch your eye (no shipping charges, hooray).
BMV Books is a used bookstore - hey, you can have your hobby and not break the bank. Manga is downstairs. A lot of dupes, though. Dunno your taste in manga, but there might be something there for you.

And:
http://cybercitytoronto.tripod.com/
CyberCity Comix has a monthly thing where they open up their warehouse and the older stuff is automatically 1/2 price or something (cash only). Warehouse address is:
855 Alness St. Unit 20
-Corner of Dolomite & Alness
-Major intersection should be Steeles and Dufferin - go west from Dufferin along Steeles and you should hit Alness.
Their front store is nearby - address is on the website. Next sale is in June on the 28-29th at the warehouse.

And, of course, there are the major chain bookstores.

Work schedule didn't allow for me to attend Anime North this year ;_;
Ah well, there's always next year. It ain't goin' anywhere.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 19:00   Link #230
Delphin

私の住んでいる所では、駅前に小さい本屋があり、そこにコミック、アニメ、ライトノベルやゲーム雑誌等があ ります。
自分が住んでいるところが基本で考えてしまうので、海外(アメリカやカナダ)の様子がわかりま せん。
映画やビデオの中で見た限りでは、とても広いので車で移動が基本なんでしょうね。

日本でいうところのAnimateやまんが王やコトブキヤやその他、そういうお店ってやはり少ないんですか ね?
通販が基本なのかな。

↓excite web transelated

There is a small bookstore around the station, and the comic, the animated cartoon, the light novel, and the game magazine, etc. are included there in the place where I live.
An appearance overseas (United States and Canada) is not understood as I live because it thinks in the basis.
Judging from seeing in the movie and the video, the movement is basic in the car because it is very wide.

Is such a shop Manga-oh(king), Cotobkiya, and additionally? Animate Japan
Is the mail order basic?

by the way, Is the comic obtained in that translated into English?Or, do like the original
language (Japanese)?

誰が翻訳してるんでしょうね~?
翻訳する人によってニュアンスが異なりそうですよね。
Delphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 00:05   Link #231
obentou
Maximum7/Ossu

Ah damn, thanks for this really comprehensive list

Too bad their sites aren't good at all and I have to physically go in (or email, I guess) to obtain any title stock/info.

And well, there's always CNAnime hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Try:
http://riwasa.com/shopping/canada/canada.htm
Might be a little dated, but some of those stores still exist.

Or perhaps:
http://www.hobbyfanatics.com/index.php?showtopic=1859

If you're in the GTA:
http://www.beguiling.com/
http://www.thelabyrinthstore.com/
http://toronto.ourfaves.com/places/BMV_Books
^ Above three happen to be within walking distance of each other. Just hop off Bathurst station and stroll to each of 'em.
The Beguiling also stocks anime, T-shirts, artbooks, and other things. I sort of prefer this store out of the three.
The Labyrinth deals mostly in printed material (manga, artbooks, etc), but they're small right now, so once they get a handle on things I expect they'll have more variety. I'm willing to bet some of the artbooks will catch your eye (no shipping charges, hooray).
BMV Books is a used bookstore - hey, you can have your hobby and not break the bank. Manga is downstairs. A lot of dupes, though. Dunno your taste in manga, but there might be something there for you.

And:
http://cybercitytoronto.tripod.com/
CyberCity Comix has a monthly thing where they open up their warehouse and the older stuff is automatically 1/2 price or something (cash only). Warehouse address is:
855 Alness St. Unit 20
-Corner of Dolomite & Alness
-Major intersection should be Steeles and Dufferin - go west from Dufferin along Steeles and you should hit Alness.
Their front store is nearby - address is on the website. Next sale is in June on the 28-29th at the warehouse.

And, of course, there are the major chain bookstores.

Work schedule didn't allow for me to attend Anime North this year ;_;
Ah well, there's always next year. It ain't goin' anywhere.
obentou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 14:38   Link #232
Hagi

Anyone know any international(preferably UK) sites that sell japanese manga?

Looking to get some JJBA volumes but the shipping from amazon.jp + customs is killer.
Hagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 10:09   Link #233
mako1138
tsun tsun dere dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
If you want to buy Japanese books, and can understand Japanese, I suggest the following:

bk1 - Need credit/debit card, various shipping, books usually in stock, books removed from listing if it's temporary (or permanently) out of stock. Orders usually processed and shipped two to three business days after the order if all books in the order are marked "24H". If you pick airmail for shipping, item will usually arrive in a week. (My location = east shore USA)
Awesome. This site is pretty easy to navigate, even with my limited Japanese. Now I just need to make a list and cut it down...
mako1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 15:06   Link #234
imarhiagbe
Make the flood seem still

For those manga artists like me who need manga supplies akadotretail.com is cheap and delivered quick. I got my stuff 2 days later once.
imarhiagbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 16:36   Link #235
animeauction

Hi,

I know this is a blantant self-advert... but I started a web site a few days ago to try to encourage the flow of Anime and Manga in the UK.

It's like ebay but just for Japanese stuff.

I'm not out to make a million, just get Manga flowing, as I am tired of paying a fortune for shipping!

It's free to list at a quid or less.... so any old Manga you don't want, put it on.... if it doesn't sell, well it was free to list!

Please give it a try as I want people to visit otherwise, it isn't going to work....
animeauction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 00:59   Link #236
Hazz

Hey, I've been trying to find European online stores that sold Japanese language manga but no luck so far Anyone know one that has a nice variety of raw mangas?

Or if you know any store that has them and would ship to Europe I guess that wouldn't hurt... Only know YesAsia but from what I've read here they're pretty slow when it's about Japanese language mangas.

Anyway... Thanks in advance!
Hazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 20:18   Link #237
Zoe

I'm looking at some manga on Amazon.jp's marketplace, but I've never used it before. Does Amazon manage the transaction, or will I have to find somebody who's actively willing to ship overseas?
Old 2008-06-18, 16:53   Link #238
Nervous Venus

Amazon.co.jp won't ship it for you. I had to go through another service and have the seller ship it to them, and then, in turn, have to ship it to me. I'd advise to this only if you're truly desperate or if you've got a nifty friend in Japan. Otherwise it's cheaper to just buy the mangas new, or get the ISBN, sign up on nippon-export.com, and email them to see if they could find it for you. They have a form you can fill out too. Usually they can find good used copies for awesome prices. Out of all the orders, only one they couldn't find for me, since the books were out of print for a long time. Shipping kills it though. It's just as much as amazon.co.jp.

Hope that helps Zoe

Hazz: Yesasia hasn't updated their manga inventory since April 08, but they're not that slow. Sometimes, for big orders, it takes a month, but they never charge until after shipment.

Otherwise there's amazon.co.jp, nippon-export.com. There are almost no Japanese manga shops in the UK ;/

japancentre.com (based in the UK) only has Japanese monthly comic magazine subscriptions (like cookie, bessatsu) for sale.

Last edited by Nervous Venus; 2008-06-18 at 17:10.
Old 2008-07-15, 13:22   Link #239
Misa-chan
× Amane¸.•*´¨) Misa

Quote:
There are almost no Japanese manga shops in the UK ;/

Actualli, that's not true.
If you live in the UK, Waterstone's bookshop now sells a variety of different manga.
Also there are two other shops which sell it, Forbidden Planet and Travelling Man, it's just about finding them really.
Unless you meant manga that's printed in Japanese, then yeah, its hard unless you have a local China Town.
Misa-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 20:22   Link #240
Nervous Venus

I meant Japanese manga printed in Japanese, as I had asked a friend from London, who told me that there were hardly any shops. Best bet is to import from Japan.

I always recommend nippon-export.com, because they usually charge less for shipping than amazon.co.jp, is in english, will look for good used copies or new mangas for you when you request it (provided you give them the ISBN), reply quickly, and offer small discounts off certain orders above 1000 yen or so.

Tags
buying, import, japanese language, manga