AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-09, 01:09   Link #301
klare

i read on Wiki about the game 428, trying to understand more about the characters and plot

i found out that Canaan is not an original character in the game...
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 01:12   Link #302
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Meaning what exactly?
Old 2009-07-09, 02:45   Link #303
dfens

I was really impressed with this show, the animation is some of the best I've seen recently. A real big fan of girls with guns don't know if this will top Noir another all time favorite but I'm guessing it will come real close at least their is blood. And it's not garbage like Madlax was.

Only real thing that irked me was the Beretta PX-4 Storm Canaan uses. As of now the only model with a Olive Drab/Green frame is the latest model a 45 acp, with a longer barrel that protrudes from the slide, and a land-yard mount. But if you watch the show especially the ending credits it's missing all those features. Now one day they may make one without that stuff, but you think they get the details right. As a gun owner and enthusiast it really bothers me that they went through all the trouble to draw the guns with such fine detail but got it wrong on the color. If it was all black we wouldn't be talking about this error.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 02:47   Link #304
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
i read on Wiki about the game 428, trying to understand more about the characters and plot

i found out that Canaan is not an original character in the game...
Again ... Canaan, the character, along with several others that appear in the anime, are featured in a bonus scenario of the original game. This has been stated by me at least 3 times in this thread and by several others even more times.

Can someone put the answer to this question in the first page, so people stop asking this and the "do I have to play the game in order to watch the anime" questions (to the second question the answer is probably NO)!

Come on guys someone pops these questions every couple of pages!
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 03:39   Link #305
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Canaan, Alphard, Maria and Mino are all in the main story of 428.

Nasu wrote a bonus scenario that takes place before 4yrs ago before the game timeline. The guy who speaks the first few lines in episode 01 is Canaan's friend they introduce in the bonus scenario, Sham. What separates the bonus scenario from the rest of the game, I guess, is Canaan's synesthesia. From what I read, that only gets introduced there.
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 03:49   Link #306
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

"synesthesia", you mean her eye magic?
Old 2009-07-09, 04:32   Link #307
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Again ... Canaan, the character, along with several others that appear in the anime, are featured in a bonus scenario of the original game. This has been stated by me at least 3 times in this thread and by several others even more times.

Can someone put the answer to this question in the first page, so people stop asking this and the "do I have to play the game in order to watch the anime" questions (to the second question the answer is probably NO)!

Come on guys someone pops these questions every couple of pages!
sorry i did not play the game (i think same for many of us)

the list of characters shown in Wiki does not include Canaan and the rest... maybe they are not the main ones

thx for explaining again
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 04:36   Link #308
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I haven't played the game, but I've watched the first episode and it looks amazing.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 07:10   Link #309
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

If anyone is still confuse on how this anime is related to 428, here's a full summary of the game plot & characters.
http://www.akiba-ch.com/?p=902
Old 2009-07-09, 08:28   Link #310
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
If anyone is still confuse on how this anime is related to 428, here's a full summary of the game plot & characters.
http://www.akiba-ch.com/?p=902
Beware, it's filled with spoilers

By the way I think this is like the 5th or 6th time we give the link to Evo's summary
Old 2009-07-09, 08:49   Link #311
yura`

That was a highly enjoyable and amazing first episode! Very well done - the action was well-paced, the stage is being set for more to come. I'm already waiting in anticipation for next week's episode. This is definitely going onto my anime watch-list.
yura` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 15:07   Link #312
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yura` View Post
I'm already waiting in anticipation for next week's episode. This is definitely going onto my anime watch-list.
You mean, this week's episode
airs the 11th this saturday.
Old 2009-07-09, 17:57   Link #313
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol "Cummings" XD

Well , seems a good anime . Wait for more plot etc ...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 12:02   Link #314
4Tran

Having watched the first episode, I find this show to be rather amusing. What's especially striking so far is that they decided to make Shanghai the setting and the amount of background work employed to make the city come to life. Canaan seems very promising so far, and I await more. What I find especially amusing is that even though Bee Train doesn't have much involvement in this show, the style is right up their alley, and this could have easily been done as a sequel to Phantom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Dropped it from the first episode, seemed as generic as it could get. Is there something I should have noticed in it?
The first episode of Phantom was the weakest as it didn't have much aside from the generic action sequences and cryptic dialogue. It's improved considerably since then, and it's probably one of the best anime airing right now (and it's better than Canaan so far for that matter). You should give it about 3 episodes to see if it's going to appeal to you.
Old 2009-07-10, 13:38   Link #315
Solafighter
Hige

First episode, simply awsomeness.

Cant wait for the next episode.
Old 2009-07-10, 13:59   Link #316
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
The first episode of Phantom was the weakest as it didn't have much aside from the generic action sequences and cryptic dialogue. It's improved considerably since then, and it's probably one of the best anime airing right now (and it's better than Canaan so far for that matter). You should give it about 3 episodes to see if it's going to appeal to you.
Thanks. I'll load another round and play russian roulette with it again to see if its made of win.
Old 2009-07-10, 18:28   Link #317
Draw it blank
Lazy Otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to Draw it blank
Lemmie just add that 80% of all 1st episodes turn out like "russian roulrtte". after that its all weather you intrests peake enough...
If its not may I recomend playing 428. I got it 2 days ago and love it so far!
Draw it blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 19:36   Link #318
wOoOzZy
Master Blaster

The show has some promise. Definitely reminds me of Noir with PMCs and a few more characters thrown in. Good character designs too (imo). I'm pretty intrigued by Alphard and Canaan.

The only thing that's irking me is how long it's taking people to realize that the synthesiests (spl?) are in pain/dead and not having fun.

Screaming and bleeding from the eyes/nose/ears/mouth = not fun.
wOoOzZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 01:11   Link #319
Malkuth
Banned

Should I also point out that synesthesia in Canaan is rather different from the speculative neuro-psychological phenomenon in Wikipedia

Damn, that's one more Greek word (συναίσθηση) that got butchered both in translation and transliteration
Old 2009-07-11, 02:59   Link #320
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Fun episode. I quite liked it and am looking forward to episode 2.

So I'm guessing there's about two factions.

One is Canaan's with her handler. Her mission is to protect the guinea pigs who have escaped from Ambloom. They're the guys wearing the animal plushies or whatever and probably have the synesthesia virus injected into them, as opposed to the people wearing the animal masks that are trying to kill them. I wonder if this mission counts as a success considering that two of them get unmasked and die from too much stimulation and the third - while he gets to the van with Hakko (sp?) the mute girl and Santana - seems to get blown up in a car bomb.

So the other group is some Ambloom / Hebi mix lead by Alphard (the Revy / Mana mashup look alike) who's currently in the custody of the CIA. Ambloom is the evil corporation trying to artificially develop synesthesia in people. Given that, then they're probably represented by the blonde haired dude in the high-rise tower with the naked secretary, Liang Qi. Well, I guess that since later the blonde guy is rubbing Liang Qi's leg, he's probably actually just a front in Ambloom but lower ranking in the Hebi organization. That reaction of Liang Qi is interesting though. Apparently she knows of Canaan and doesn't like her.

I can't help but think that the picture that Maria took of the dead guinea pig is going to be important. For one thing, Ambloom probably doesn't want it to be known that their attempts to give super IFF powers leads to problems of brain exploding and identified by that nice purple looking splotch.

Thought the, um, light bondage scene with Maria and Canaan was ridiculously cute as well as picking up the cat plushie.

Also looking forward to something more than humming from Alphard. I presume that Liang Qi's mission will be successful and Alphard will be free to plot evilly (and sexily).

Tags
animage, type moon