AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-03, 18:28   Link #641
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Discord
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Yukino is really annoying.
MC should focus on his studies and leave the retarded nosey club.
Well, that's how it would work out in RL.

Since it is for shounen, it's all weird drama and "twists".
Maybe if you could pay more attention to the show you'll remember why he can't leave the club

Well, that's how it would work out in RL too I suppose, not everyone does the sensible thing.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 18:37   Link #642
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Maybe if you could pay more attention to the show you'll remember why he can't leave the club

Well, that's how it would work out in RL too I suppose, not everyone does the sensible thing.
Yeah. We all do odd things whether we're young or old.

Also just wondering but did Yukino do something odd this episode or something because (not specifically here only) but it seems that Yukino in this recent episode seems to piss some people off.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 18:38   Link #643
Battler-kun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
The reason why he can't leave the club is not realistic anyways.
Well getting punched by your teacher isn't anyways.
There is nothing realistic about the show, and actually the only reasonable character is the MC, besides him getting punched and doing nothing about it like reporting it to the police...

Ah, well i guess there won't be comedy without these brainless given things.
However it is still out of the line of the otherwise consistent MC.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 18:39   Link #644
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Yukino is really annoying.
MC should focus on his studies and leave the retarded nosey club.
Well, that's how it would work out in RL.

Since it is for shounen, it's all weird drama and "twists".
The reason why he's in the club is to make up for the his off-topic essays he likes to write in every class.

It's not his choice. Either he does what Shizuka says or he fails the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
The reason why he can't leave the club is not realistic anyways.
Well getting punched by your teacher isn't anyways.
There is nothing realistic about the show, and actually the only reasonable character is the MC, besides him getting punched and doing nothing about it like reporting it to the police...

Ah, well i guess there won't be comedy without these brainless given things.
However it is still out of the line of the otherwise consistent MC.
Once again... he's not in the club because his teacher is violent. He's there because she will fail him otherwise.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 18:41   Link #645
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Discord
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Also just wondering but did Yukino do something odd this episode or something because (not specifically here only) but it seems that Yukino in this recent episode seems to piss some people off.
People like their heroines to be sweet and nice because they project themselves into the protagonist.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 18:42   Link #646
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
For the same reason we have Sena fans complaining about Yozora over at Haganai.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 18:49   Link #647
Battler-kun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Once again... he's not in the club because his teacher is violent. He's there because she will fail him otherwise.
He really is the helpless prey, isn't he?
He is better off a loner this way, otherwise he is getting slaughtered once he leaves school anyways.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 18:55   Link #648
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
While we're on the subject, does anyone actually find those punches entertaining/funny/amusing? I suppose they are played for laughs, but I haven't found myself laughing at them yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Also just wondering but did Yukino do something odd this episode or something because (not specifically here only) but it seems that Yukino in this recent episode seems to piss some people off.
Perhaps people are getting tired of Yukino's arrogant, "You're just a piss-ant" attitude. I, for one, was glad that her snotty, holier-than-thou bilge didn't work on Kawasaki. It was very refreshing to see her get the better of Yukino in that bar scene.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:02   Link #649
Battler-kun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
While we're on the subject, does anyone actually find those punches entertaining/funny/amusing? I suppose they are played for laughs, but I haven't found myself laughing at them yet.
Perhaps people are getting tired of Yukino's arrogant, "You're just a piss-ant" attitude. I, for one, was glad that her snotty, holier-than-thou bilge didn't work on Kawasaki. It was very refreshing to see her get the better of Yukino in that bar scene.
Not that funny, but i imagine those lines in RL to be more entertaining depending on the persons.

Yukino will make a good couple with the MC.
Yukino will turn out to be like the teacher and the MC gets the beating.

Happy end for all.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:02   Link #650
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Discord
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
He really is the helpless prey, isn't he?
He is better off a loner this way, otherwise he is getting slaughtered once he leaves school anyways.
That doesn't make a lick of sense.

You don't do well in school, you fail. If he doesn't like it he shouldn't be screwing around with assignments.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:04   Link #651
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Perhaps people are getting tired of Yukino's arrogant, "You're just a piss-ant" attitude. I, for one, was glad that her snotty, holier-than-thou bilge didn't work on Kawasaki. It was very refreshing to see her get the better of Yukino in that bar scene.
It reminds me of some individuals in this thread, even.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:09   Link #652
Xaturas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
The *reasons* for being in the club are funny at best, cause they wouldn't hold at all if it wasn't for *anime reality*. No way the teacher would get away with threatening him or punching him but heck its anime/novel/manga world.

off topic
For me punches aren't funny, frankly in any kind of shows they are not funny. For example I watched few of Gakki no Tsukai normal episodes (not the yearly ones) and Matsumoto getting hit on the head by Hamada with paper fan wasn't fun for me at all. Yearly GnT is a different thing I laugh there as much as in all other shows put all together.
/off

As for Yukino, yeah most likely people don't like her because they are tired of tsundere, thing is she's only tsun and arrogant. I myself also don't like arogant characters in anime, whenever I see Oujou type I either feel ashamed or just disgusted at them.

Buuuuut anime is still fun, main character monologue is still fun. Mysteries are not fun for me as I didn't like Hyouuka (boring as ....), helping around club was made in many different animes so did many other part of cliche.
So yeah I watch it for MC that is a little bit different from the usual flock of copy paste that is happening now in romcom rom and com genre.
__________________
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:12   Link #653
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
The *reasons* for being in the club are funny at best, cause they wouldn't hold at all if it wasn't for *anime reality*. No way the teacher would get away with threatening him or punching him but heck its anime/novel/manga world.
You're right, in the real world Hachiman would have just failed with no sympathy.

I hope you realize that Shizuka's "threat" isn't groundless. We've seen him turn in essays making social statements that are completely off-topic.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:13   Link #654
Battler-kun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That doesn't make a lick of sense.

You don't do well in school, you fail. If he doesn't like it he shouldn't be screwing around with assignments.
Lol, talking about sense. The show doesn't make any sense. You could say that the only reasonable character in the show is the MC.

You know, i would consider sueing the teacher who dares to beat me, just a tiny small idea.
And what's about him screwing around with his assignments when he is just writing what he thinks that makes sense to him?

The teacher should rethink about the quality of her assignments if the MC ranks 3rd at language related stuff but somehow "mysteriously" is about to fail her course because she doesn't like what he writes.

Well making a bridge to RL, there are such assignments at school too. And naturally girls score better on average at such subjective things.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:14   Link #655
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Discord
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
The *reasons* for being in the club are funny at best, cause they wouldn't hold at all if it wasn't for *anime reality*. No way the teacher would get away with threatening him or punching him but heck its anime/novel/manga world.
Yeah, he should just be failed straight away right?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
As for Yukino, yeah most likely people don't like her because they are tired of tsundere, thing is she's only tsun and arrogant. I myself also don't like arogant characters in anime, whenever I see Oujou type I either feel ashamed or just disgusted at them.
That logic doesn't work because Yukino isn't trying to pursuit romance.

And she's not a tsundere, she's a kuudere.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:15   Link #656
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
I wonder how many have been in a Japanese school to justify whatever they're saying.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:16   Link #657
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
He really is the helpless prey, isn't he?
He is better off a loner this way, otherwise he is getting slaughtered once he leaves school anyways.
Lol! How did your quote ended up with my name in it? I did not say that. Seems like for a short moment, something broke with AnimeSuki's forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It reminds me of some individuals in this thread, even.
This reminded me of someone from a manga site that pretty much said something along the line of "I hate it when people like Yukino thinks they have seen suffering and act like they went through a lot. I have seen more suffering at an ER in 5 minutes they they will ever do in their entire pampered lives."
Seems like a lot of assumptions were made. Rich != Pampered. Also "You opinion does not count as much since I seen suffering/suffered more" just seems completely silly.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:17   Link #658
Battler-kun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I hope you realize that Shizuka's "threat" isn't groundless. We've seen him turn in essays making social statements that are completely off-topic.
And yet he is ranked 3rd at school.

Glad the MC hasn't adapted so far as in writing the stuff others are expecting to read and not getting butthurt about it.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:19   Link #659
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: You Guess
Age: 25
Quote:
For me punches aren't funny, frankly in any kind of shows they are not funny.
I can agree in many cases, but Touma from index gets the exception. His punches know no discrimination.

Quote:
As for Yukino, yeah most likely people don't like her because they are tired of tsundere, thing is she's only tsun and arrogant. I myself also don't like arogant characters in anime, whenever I see Oujou type I either feel ashamed or just disgusted at them.
She could be spouting out "ho ho ho" oujou-style laughs. That alone would make me hate her. Granted, she doesn't laugh much to begin with.

Her abuse goes overboard sometimes, but I don't particularly dislike her. She makes a nice foil for batman. Yukino gives, and 8-man takes.
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:19   Link #660
Enternal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
And yet he is ranked 3rd at school.

Glad the MC hasn't adapted so far as in writing the stuff others are expecting to read and not getting butthurt about it.
So what if he ranked 3rd?

For example:
He's good at math.
He's good at science.
He's good at history.
He thinks that in the future he should not need to work and should only try to leech off public's money. Whee! He's ranked third but his way of thinking might cause issues.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, romantic comedy, school life, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.