Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-17, 20:09   Link #2081
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullrefund View Post
I agree but when the vilain doesn't even seem to be sentient, it's violence for violence. It's not interesting at all. It's like watching a movie with actors and all about early humanity survival against beasts vs a WWII movie. Not that the former is not interesting but make no mistake it's the later that sell tons of movies and games...
To be fair, all of the background and exposition for WWII games/movies have already been covered. You don't need to develop a villain as thoroughly for those movies because the viewer already has a villain developed in their mind from prior exposure to the setting. At the very least, the viewer already comes with preconceived feelings about the villain. You don't have to create hate since it's already there.

And honestly, I wouldn't say that WWII FPS games sell because of their gripping antagonists.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 00:25   Link #2082
Enternal

Just wondering but for you guys, is the concert animation that bad? I don't know but I thought it was rather good. I do agree that Milli doesn't look liker her usual self although when she was in her white dress, she does look like herself.

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/...4/53f88841.jpg

Anyways at least everyone is enjoying Dog Days right? I know the show does seem kind of shallow considering there's not a lot of depth but that's not what it was aiming for in the first place I think. Cliche is not always bad. If it's done right then I think all is good. It's similar to how some people say that it have to be original to be good but I know that we all probably have seen at least originals that are just horrendous right? Besides, cliche all starts out as originals don't they?

I have to agree with Loner that there is a bit too many characters considering this is 12 episodes (of course still better than what happened to Oretsubasa). The show just need to be longer to go more into depth of each characters. Somehow this reminds me of Guin Saga. Guin Saga had a lot of characters but since they had 26 episodes, you felt that you know a lot about each character. Anyway I do hope that Dog Days might result in something like Tegami Bachi Season 2. It was reported to be 12 episodes but then it still continued after that which made many of us happy as there were a lot of things they could do and complete.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 00:46   Link #2083
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

It's not the animation (which is gorgeous if you really see it), but the art, which is wonky. These things are almost always fixed in the BD/DVD versions though, so no sweat

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 02:58   Link #2084
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Spoiler for Actually...:
'Divine punishment' isn't a sensible cause anyway, not so much a white wash as a grey wash. It annoys me that no real explanation was given for the demon turning up at that time, or the non-fulfilment of the vision.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 05:35   Link #2085
Seiryuu

Quickly coming up on the last ep. I'm looking forward to find out just what it is that has Rico so upset.

I still wonder why it is that so often, when some girls get major upskirts, the animators seem to forget that she should be wearing something underneath the skirt.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 08:17   Link #2086
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Quickly coming up on the last ep. I'm looking forward to find out just what it is that has Rico so upset.

I still wonder why it is that so often, when some girls get major upskirts, the animators seem to forget that she should be wearing something underneath the skirt.
>_> someones paying waaay to much attention to a certain area
Old 2011-06-18, 08:22   Link #2087
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Whoa, if it weren't for my lousy connection (barely works on weekends), I'd have spent more time here. So let's see if I can get a quick post in before the next ep airs. Let's talk about those 4 conditions. Hmm, I smell NDA

1. By signing this contract, you hereby agree to the terms and conditions therein.
2. You are not allowed to disclose any happenings to unaffiliated parties during this time.
3. Any knowledge gained is the sole property of the state.
4. If at any time you depart, anything from this time stays here

Aside from the relation to eps 1-10, I can't help but think there's some kind of negative price to pay, such as memory loss or a one way trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post

I know, that part during the concert when we get a great view up Millimeter's skirt, I kinda gasped for a moment but at the same time was looking for something there
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 08:27   Link #2088
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

What is the scheduled # of episodes?
I know its 12 but Wikipedia says its 13....
Old 2011-06-18, 08:43   Link #2089
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
'Divine punishment' isn't a sensible cause anyway, not so much a white wash as a grey wash. It annoys me that no real explanation was given for the demon turning up at that time, or the non-fulfilment of the vision.
I may be wrong, but didn't they say that the power of the 2 Holy Swords awakened it?
Old 2011-06-18, 10:05   Link #2090
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Both laziness and fear of imageshack limits (you never know what wonkiness they have next) have made me forego this week's massive

キタ━━━(゚∀゚)━━━!!

So I'll leave you with this image to burn into your eyes. I know I have.

Spoiler for Split:

Just to confirm, next week will be the last episode.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2011-06-18, 10:22   Link #2091
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Both laziness and fear of imageshack limits (you never know what wonkiness they have next) have made me forego this week's massive
Well... good! Every saturday night I see a LoweGear post here, I just know I won't visit that image laden post until 2 days later XD

And I didn't click that spoiler tag no siree (yay for phone browsing) I didn't even glance at your filename in case you were as crazy as I am when it comes to secret naming methods
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 10:28   Link #2092
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Well, I'm too lazy to change the image names unless I deem it absolutely important. And besdies, why should I? It makes the person want to peek if they have no idea what's behind it. Such as this image over here.

Old 2011-06-18, 11:05   Link #2093
tsunade666

bwahaha

It looks like I was right on one of the conditions for return summoning. Though there are 3 other condition making it 4.

EDIT:

Spoiler for conditions for return summon:

I'm still watching the episode. Be back later.
Old 2011-06-18, 11:20   Link #2094
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Ouch, knew it would be that bad. I told ya she was sad because the conditions pretty much mean he pretty much didnt exsist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Well, I'm too lazy to change the image names unless I deem it absolutely important. And besdies, why should I? It makes the person want to peek if they have no idea what's behind it. Such as this image over here.
Oh god!~ the pain of it all.. I can feel .. so many.. people.. overracting... to it...
Old 2011-06-18, 11:25   Link #2095
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Dog Days 12 - A Ticker Tape Parade and Some Confetti ~Cinque and the Quest for the Holy MacGuffin~:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Oh god!~ the pain of it all.. I can feel .. so many.. people.. overracting... to it...
Are you including yourself in that number?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 11:27   Link #2096
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Where are you guys watching it ><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post

Are you including yourself in that number?
yeeessss~ hint the " "

ive seen my sister and her friend do that before plenty of times.

ya know.. if he goes back just because of becky.. and he doesnt even have romantic feelings for her.. I'm gonna be upset with this anime.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2011-06-18 at 11:41.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 11:42   Link #2097
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

I just wish Cinque will do something stupid to prevent him from leaving...
(ie. Hurting Milly's feelings...)

I want to see Leon-chan and Sink fighting back to back! (again... because of the game Riviera the Promised Land...)
Old 2011-06-18, 11:46   Link #2098
tsunade666

Kyero if you don't mind raw I will send you the link.

But it looks like it's not the end yet because in the end there is to be next and below it episode 13 plus two kanji's or moon runes.

Plus this episode.... I can't call that an ending at all. It gives me rage mode rage rage rage!!!!!! I was head banging at the last part when the ED songs starts. I was WHAT!!!! that's IT!!!! but at the end there goes a next episode. But in anime countdown site. It says series end so I was confuse on this matter. But I wish for a episode 13 because really if that's the end of it. Then that's the worst ending I ever seen in my entire life. Counting only the series that I liked. There are worst but I gave up half way on the series and just watch it to see it's ending. But I like this show and knowing what the crap they did for an ending is just heart breaking.

EDIT:

Can someone read the moon runes here. That concerns the title for episode 13

Spoiler for episode 13:
Old 2011-06-18, 11:54   Link #2099
Midonin
Last Engage

約束
Yakusoku
Promise

That's not a terribly complex title.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 11:55   Link #2100
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

What the hell? ..... Did anyone notice that the fox thing is like twice as big?

my stab at what the title means "I gotta go back just because of a promiss, we prob wont even hit it off and i willl continue my boring life" XD

Tags
ecchi, fantasy, harem, shonen