AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-12, 15:01   Link #2761
Miraluka
Banned

Oh yeah, lets Misaka to her own thread.

Again to the topic... Can anyone tell me with details about the fight between Rikkou and Kakine??.
Old 2010-04-12, 16:55   Link #2762
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Speaking of Oriana, I wonder if the anime will skip Oriana's dressing scene when they get to this arc. This is like the ultimate fanservice scene, what with the author detailing the curviest woman in this universe changing clothes.
It'll probably be either like Kaori's dressing scene, where we just get some teasing but no payoff, or it'll be 'buy Index DVDs'.

Also, she seemed rather confident that Touma saw her chest, if not hoping that he did (it really, really didn't seem like he saw her chest). ...And what's with the 'may have punched through my heart' line? It doesn't seem like she joins the Kamijou Faction, so damn the author and his trolling...
Old 2010-04-12, 18:08   Link #2763
Miraluka
Banned

Maybe Oriana was jokin with Lidvia OR Kamachi did it for the lulz
Old 2010-04-12, 19:54   Link #2764
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ran out of space on the first post...
Volume 19 Illustrations:

Spoiler for Volume 19:
Dear Mr.serenade_beta
are you going to post the illustration to volume 20 of To Aru majutsu no index
Old 2010-04-12, 20:16   Link #2765
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Spoiler for img:

Shiage: OMGWTFBBQ?!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-04-12, 22:38   Link #2766
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Off day today, so now...75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
didn't imouto 19090 lost some weight and the other imouto's went a little crazy
That's the one.
Old 2010-04-12, 23:34   Link #2767
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Dear Mr.serenade_beta
are you going to post the illustration to volume 20 of To Aru majutsu no index
Yeah. I put the volume 20 illustrations in a different post, but forgot to add them to that post.
Anyways, modified it, so it should be there now.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-04-13, 07:47   Link #2768
zbh

Misaka looks weak because of her shorting of fight experiense......
Old 2010-04-13, 07:52   Link #2769
Sixth
Hu Tao

So is anyone reached the Lv6?

and what's up with all those organization for being evil and manipulative? There is no good organization that actually exist?
Old 2010-04-13, 08:39   Link #2770
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
So is anyone reached the Lv6?
None. Just that Teitoku Kakine and Accelerator awakened. Level 6 is said to be god like but those two Level 5 who awakened never reached that. In awakened state they can still be beaten. As with Accelerator and Touma Round 2.

The Level 6 Project was a smokescreen for Aleister Crowley's plan to destroy magic and bring forth AIM beings like Aiwass and Hyouka.
Old 2010-04-13, 08:55   Link #2771
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
None. Just that Teitoku Kakine and Accelerator awakened. Level 6 is said to be god like but those two Level 5 who awakened never reached that. In awakened state they can still be beaten. As with Accelerator and Touma Round 2.

The Level 6 Project was a smokescreen for Aleister Crowley's plan to destroy magic and bring forth AIM beings like Aiwass and Hyouka.
So I guess that Lvl 6 (provided if it really exist) is the cap of the human potential, right? Because I sure don't want to see Lv7 creature pop out from nowhere once our main cast and his friends reach that level 6...
Old 2010-04-13, 09:05   Link #2772
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Level 6 is just like a concept we call Infinity. We can do everything we can, and that includes throwing around the term like nothing, and yet there is no proof that Level 6 is attainable. Pretty much asymptotic.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-04-13, 14:07   Link #2773
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
So I guess that Lvl 6 (provided if it really exist) is the cap of the human potential, right?
no, level 6 is beyond human potential. It means surpassing human limits and reach God, pretty much...
Old 2010-04-13, 15:35   Link #2774
ellifeedn
Thinker

I have this idea that the only way a person could reach level 6 after getting as high as they possibly can (after awakening) is by dying. By doing so they will remove the limitations of the human body and become an artificial angel (or a very powerful ghost-like being).
Old 2010-04-13, 15:42   Link #2775
Ashaman

Thanks Teh-Ping for more translation on vol 9. Not long till you finish it
You really are a speed demon.

Quick question: The Apostle's Cross Benefits everyone, but in such a way as to benefit the Roman Catholics the most, right? I least that's what I think it meant.

Also, why do I get the feeling that even if he was in an area under the effects of the Cross, he woldn't be effected

IB cancels his own luck. It would probably cancel luck someone tried to force upon him.
Old 2010-04-13, 19:04   Link #2776
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I have this idea that the only way a person could reach level 6 after getting as high as they possibly can (after awakening) is by dying. By doing so they will remove the limitations of the human body and become an artificial angel (or a very powerful ghost-like being).
well, God's right seat purged their bodies of the original sin as much as they could and obtained the magic of archangels and kings. Specifically it seems that Fiamma needs to remove all of the original sin from his body to unlock the full power of the holy right and become la persona superiore a dio, and to do that he needs index's remote control, sasha, and the imagine breaker...

it should be the same for the other 3(although wether Acqua and Vento actually want to reach la persona superiore a dio in the first place is debatable...)

as for the esper side, aleister is planning to make accelerator reach level 6 by fusing him with the imaginary number district...

so far, these two are the known ways to reach level 6/la persona superiore a dio...
Old 2010-04-13, 19:07   Link #2777
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
well, God's right seat purged their bodies of the original sin as much as they could and obtained the magic of archangels and kings. Specifically it seems that Fiamma needs to remove all of the original sin from his body to unlock the full power of the holy right and become la persona superiore a dio, and to do that he needs index's remote control, sasha, and the imagine breaker...

it should be the same for the other 3(although wether Acqua and Vento actually want to reach la persona superiore a dio in the first place is debatable...)

as for the esper side, aleister is planning to make accelerator reach level 6 by fusing him with the imaginary number district...

so far, these two are the known ways to reach level 6/la persona superiore a dio...
what is the term "original sin" that you speak of. can you please tell me
Old 2010-04-13, 19:14   Link #2778
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post

How do you partially purge your body from original sin? The "original sin", according to Christianity, is a history of sin, starting from Adam and Eve eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge. How do you quantify something like that?
Old 2010-04-13, 19:35   Link #2779
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
How do you partially purge your body from original sin? The "original sin", according to Christianity, is a history of sin, starting from Adam and Eve eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge. How do you quantify something like that?
Don't mind the author as what he wrote is fictional. Among Roman Catholic doctrine when a person is baptised he or she is cleansed of original sin.

Just as a case the Author did not bother to research.

He set up Magic as religion based while those in the Science side are atheist or at least non-religious.
Old 2010-04-13, 20:54   Link #2780
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
what is the term "original sin" that you speak of. can you please tell me
original sin= adam and eve ate the fruit of knowledge, which they were banned from eating by God, and for that they were exiled from the eden. All humans, being the descendants of Adam and Eve, also carry this sin in them

As for how they can purge themselves from it, no idea, you should probably ask Kamachi...

fact is, the members of God's right seat managed to partially purge the original sin from their bodies, becoming more similar to the original human, and were able to obtain the magic of angels and kings, but in exchange, they can't use normal human's magic(Acqua is an exception thanks to Holy Mother's Mercy...)
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen