AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-12-12, 20:14   Link #561
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
Some peoples here need to understand that the world isn't rotating around their waifus...
Quote:
If volume 14 is the last volume, that's because the story is complete. Not because your waifu got killed 7 volumes ago. I understand the frustration at having your favourite character being killed but it doesn't mean that everyone stop reading and buying the series due to that. Especially when, like I said earlier, the two other female characters proved on the long run to be far more interesting and complex than Yatori could have ever been
Yeah, yeah. You're fan of loli princess. Did you noticed that they're still use Yatori to promote series? Character that is long time dead? That's say something, right? I know few persons who even droped anime after learning that Yatori died and story went loli route for Ikta.

Quote:
Alderamin vol 12 sold 13k4 in 2 weeks, which is higher than like 90%+ of the published LN.
There is absolutely NO WAY that a series that sell that much in the opening weeks after 12 volumes gets cancelled by the publisher.
So there was any info about entering final arc few volumes ago or something? Because if not, no matter how much series sold, it's means cancellation. Also, did this series got any boost in sales after anime? Since I think it was always in 15k range. And from what I remember anime itself sold really bad.

Quote:
Volume after that 7th were good. Character development and plot was good. Hence why peoples didn't stop buying. It's as simple as that.
I will quote something for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I actually do like Chamille but yes I prefer Yatori. But that's not the main point. This story could have gone on satisfactorily without romance at all and without Yatori getting killed, and the ending is still a powerful platonic beyond-lovers relationship between Ikta and Yatori, as long as she wasn't killed. Honestly, I felt so empty when reading v8 to v10 (or v11?) that I haven't moved on to newer volumes since. The emptiness really destroyed my love for the series, even though I was in semi-denial about it for a while. I guess I will eventually push through so as to complete this series.
It seems not everyone liked development and plot after 7th vol.

No point to argue now anyway, we don't even know rumor about cancellation is true.

Last edited by Sacredus; 2017-12-12 at 20:36.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-15, 23:12   Link #562
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Also, did this series got any boost in sales after anime? Since I think it was always in 15k range. And from what I remember anime itself sold really bad.
Anime sell didn't effect Light Novel or Dengeki Bunko.
Old 2017-12-16, 04:48   Link #563
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Yeah, yeah. You're fan of loli princess. Did you noticed that they're still use Yatori to promote series? Character that is long time dead? That's say something, right? I know few persons who even droped anime after learning that Yatori died and story went loli route for Ikta.

So there was any info about entering final arc few volumes ago or something? Because if not, no matter how much series sold, it's means cancellation. Also, did this series got any boost in sales after anime? Since I think it was always in 15k range. And from what I remember anime itself sold really bad.

I will quote something for you.

It seems not everyone liked development and plot after 7th vol.

No point to argue now anyway, we don't even know rumor about cancellation is true.
My favourite character in this story is Matthew, so too bad for you. Obviously you don't know s*** about Matthew because he gets developed starting with volume 4, so that wouldn't have come to your mind heh?
Not everyone read novels /manga/watch anime to find waifus.
Did you even read what I wrote? i'm telling you the sales number didn't drop at all after killing Yatori, and that this series is performing better that 95%+ of LN. There is not a SINGLE REASON to axe a novel series performing that well, and isolated peoples (because yes, they are isolated) who lose interest after seeing Yatori dying have 0 influence on this.

Most peoples on those board -outside of Larethian- who are complaining about Yatori's death are anime secundaries who only know the characters from the anime alone, where Yatori was developed far more than any other character. So while it's logic to get that feeling for you guys, remember that
1) you're not supposed to judge the series ' decision in volume 7+ while only having the knowledge of character's development from volume 1-3. On top of this in this precise case, you even got partially Yatori's development from volume 7 (btw she pretty much has none in volume 4-6) so it's even more biased than it should be.
2) At the time Yatori dies, Icta, Matthew, Chamille are all FAR FAR more developed and more interesting than Yatori. Then Haroma gets developed after that and Yatori doesn't comes close of her current development. The only character less developed among the starting 6 is Torway, and he isn't that far after Yatori.

And for anyone spouting nonsense about quality dropping, volume 11 was probably the best volume so far in the series and it focused on Haroma (third volume on a row that did that, in fact).
Talk about the series dropping in quality, kek.
It doesn't drop in quality, Yatori is far more interesting as a dead character which death pushes the other characters in changing and evolving than she was alive by keeping everyone from really evolving, the sales aren't dropping and it's selling very well for a LN. And anime onlys complaining about Yatori aren't affecting the LN sales since they're not buying it anyway so their opinion is moot.

Tell me now, how am I supposed to see most of the complaints from anime onlys about Yatori as something more than just ignorant whining?

I said it before, the author's decision to kill Yatori was right. The story became far better that way. It doesn't mean that I dislike Yatori (as I don't) but simply that Yatori accomplishes far more by dying than any other character would have by dying, and that she accomplishes far more for the story by being dead than by being alive.

"No point to argue now anyway, we don't even know rumour about cancellation is true." That's incorrect, like said above, we 100% know the cancellation is not true. There isn't a single logical reason to cancel this series, and cancelled series are cancelled for logical reasons. If the rumour about it finishing on volume 14 is true, then that's just that the story is ending there, and not that it's cancelled. So either way, the cancellation isn't true.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2017-12-26 at 08:31.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 08:00   Link #564
Lem

The thing about volume 14 being the finale of the series is not a rumour, this is what author wrote in atogaki of volume 13.
Lem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 08:05   Link #565
tuckersister

I hope someone posts a short summary of Vol 14 at least to see how it ends. I'm still rooting Chamille and IKta tying the knot in the end. I'm also interested how Ikta is gonna "lose" the war. I bet he and the "other" Haro may play key points.

Sorry, I forgot the "other" Haro's name (I know she has one). If she switched sides, what's she doing to help her "family"? It must be hard for Haro to deal with her "other" personality especially if someone wants to speak with "her".
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-21, 00:26   Link #566
Justice_Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I hope someone posts a short summary of Vol 14 at least to see how it ends. I'm still rooting Chamille and IKta tying the knot in the end. I'm also interested how Ikta is gonna "lose" the war. I bet he and the "other" Haro may play key points.

Sorry, I forgot the "other" Haro's name (I know she has one). If she switched sides, what's she doing to help her "family"? It must be hard for Haro to deal with her "other" personality especially if someone wants to speak with "her".
Agreed. Hope someone posts the summary as well.
Justice_Rises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-21, 00:37   Link #567
DanielSong39

I can't speak for everyone but I thought the interaction between Ikta and Yatori was the most interesting and entertaining part of the series. Unfortunately Yatori suffered from character assassination (literally, in this case) and I lost interest.

The first few arcs are still great so not a big loss.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-25, 15:37   Link #568
eilee

I hope someone pick up this in US. Not sure when Yen On doesn't pick this onne up.
eilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-03, 19:43   Link #569
tuckersister

Is Ikta a general after the time gap? I'm really confused.
Old 2018-01-04, 04:18   Link #570
Zefyris
図書館狼

Icta was already doing the job of a general by volume 6.
Spoiler for volume 8:

About Haro's family, what family are you talking about?
Spoiler for volume 9:

Last edited by Zefyris; 2018-01-04 at 04:32.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-04, 05:27   Link #571
tuckersister

Quote:
Icta was already doing the job of a general by volume 6.
Spoiler for volume 8:

About Haro's family, what family are you talking about?
Spoiler for volume 9:
Thank you for clarifying.
Old 2018-01-26, 19:11   Link #572
tuckersister

I wonder if Ikta or Chamille ever used Yattori's swords. I kind of miss the Igsem style fighting.
Old 2018-01-29, 00:21   Link #573
B214

Never!!! She is dead and should stay dead. XD

But really I don't see how those two can be on Yatori's level.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-29, 06:21   Link #574
tuckersister

I never said they were on Yattori's level. I said if they use the swords at some point in ther LN.
Old 2018-03-04, 11:25   Link #575
Sad_Person

Quote:
1) you're not supposed to judge the series ' decision in volume 7+ while only having the knowledge of character's development from volume 1-3. On top of this in this precise case, you even got partially Yatori's development from volume 7 (btw she pretty much has none in volume 4-6) so it's even more biased than it should be.
2) At the time Yatori dies, Icta, Matthew, Chamille are all FAR FAR more developed and more interesting than Yatori. Then Haroma gets developed after that and Yatori doesn't comes close of her current development. The only character less developed among the starting 6 is Torway, and he isn't that far after Yatori.

And for anyone spouting nonsense about quality dropping, volume 11 was probably the best volume so far in the series and it focused on Haroma (third volume on a row that did that, in fact).
Talk about the series dropping in quality, kek.
It doesn't drop in quality, Yatori is far more interesting as a dead character which death pushes the other characters in changing and evolving than she was alive by keeping everyone from really evolving, the sales aren't dropping and it's selling very well for a LN. And anime onlys complaining about Yatori aren't affecting the LN sales since they're not buying it anyway so their opinion is moot.

Tell me now, how am I supposed to see most of the complaints from anime onlys about Yatori as something more than just ignorant whining?

I said it before, the author's decision to kill Yatori was right. The story became far better that way. It doesn't mean that I dislike Yatori (as I don't) but simply that Yatori accomplishes far more by dying than any other character would have by dying, and that she accomplishes far more for the story by being dead than by being alive
maybe the reason why she wasn't developed further because she will be killed(so the author really plans on killing her if that's the case).
i guess chamille won.. it's a tragedy afterall, i really hate tragedies
Spoiler for P.S.:
Sad_Person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 17:53   Link #576
tuckersister

How was the last volume?
Old 2018-04-29, 05:26   Link #577
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad_Person View Post
maybe the reason why she wasn't developed further because she will be killed(so the author really plans on killing her if that's the case).
i guess chamille won.. it's a tragedy afterall, i really hate tragedies
Spoiler for P.S.:
Yatori suffered from development hell and got canceled. Hey, it happens.

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2018-04-29 at 06:16.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 12:16   Link #578
tuckersister

Can anyone spoiler the ending of the LN?
Old 2018-06-10, 19:22   Link #579
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Can anyone spoiler the ending of the LN?
Ending isn't out yet, last volume will be out next month.
One thing that I can, tell you, is that there will be no resurrection of dead characters whatsoever (this was discussed as a possibility here for a while). The whole "body in ice" thing was for another purpose. We learn of why it was done by the end of volume 12.
Old 2018-06-10, 19:46   Link #580
tuckersister

Okay, thanks.

Tags
fantasy, historical, military science fiction, statecraft, tearjerker, tragedy