Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-08, 10:37   Link #321
L3Z
\O/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
So whats the actuall point of Misaki... I will find it boring if it get even more focused at this level its cute and funny but any more is just overdoing it.
Maybe Misaki will be an important character later... one of my wildest idea is that she is a high level breaker, but nobody knows about this, then she will touch a LP by chance and there she is, the hidden ace of the show
L3Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 12:14   Link #322
Manic
real men love pink

i dont think this is really a harem. I mean he will get more girls attracted to him as the series goes, but he's already declared himself to rose so its not like there's any mystery to whom he loves. I'd be more annoyed if it was a harem like IS, god i fcking hate that main character

Last edited by Manic; 2011-02-08 at 12:55.
Manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 12:37   Link #323
tsunade666

It it will a harem if you view it in a way that many girls like the main guy. But Ryuuji already like Rose and engage skill proves that or at least those two like each other but isn't that proof enough?

But it looks like Marga isn't giving up and she even initial a final attack that really shook up Ryuuji. (funny and great reaction Ryuuji) If Marga can't win yet in feelings then she will go aggressive and declare it herself. I like her character. She doesn't hesitate to say she loves Ryuuji.

Then here is Misaki. I also kinda like her but her character set up is getting to old. The childhood friend that likes the main guy. But here the childhood friend is just getting ignored. Or Misaka isn't doing anything that will make Ryuuji notice her. So how will she even expect for Ryuuji to notice her.

The next episode is finally showing up my most favorite character in dragon crisis
Old 2011-02-08, 12:54   Link #324
Manic
real men love pink

haha before i even watched a single ep of this the wolf girl looked like the most fun/interesting character. I hope i am right
Old 2011-02-08, 13:18   Link #325
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^^ I love her eyes
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 19:17   Link #326
hoarfrost

The way I see it, they could have gone one of two routes with what they set up in episode four: George struggles with his reasons for fighting and upon either tragedy or self reflection decides that they are not worth killing over or George and Maruga become a modern version of the dragon and human from the legend. The writer played with the former and then decided to abandon it by making George a victim of mind control, seemingly going for the allusion to the legend described in the latter, but then abandoned that by essentially putting George on the bus and making Maruga blatantly unsuccessful romantic rival #2.

Should have picked one direction and stuck with it.

I join the chorus asking what's the point of Misaki? She gets no screen time unless she's being rejected. Schadenfraude? Is the unlucky childhood friend just another element of wish fulfillment in harem anime that allows male viewers to laugh at a situation that more commonly happens to them than to females(Hah! How do you like it when you're in the friend zone!)?
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 19:37   Link #327
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
...I join the chorus asking what's the point of Misaki?...
Personally, I enjoy seeing her every time, whether she ever gets accepted or not. But I always like these overlooked ordinary girls, for some reason.

I've made a characters/seiyuus page for this show, with pics of the six main characters (the ones listed with pictures on the official site) and their seiyuus, with info about the seiyuu.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 19:49   Link #328
hoarfrost

It's because they're objectively pretty great girls. If the genre staples didn't demand it, they could easily find much more interesting guys to be with. I mean, we all saw her in that bathing suit right?
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 04:05   Link #329
Taufiq91

Oh, and has anyone noticed that the Dragon crisis Op sounds like a Jamaican Dancehall song?

The first parts of the OP sounds exacly like the beats from this video:

Old 2011-02-09, 07:58   Link #330
DummyInc

here is the 'sms tone' made from the yui horie song

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1qee6a9iu6qbk1q
Old 2011-02-09, 09:23   Link #331
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Well, +1 for the harem. The ending was funny. Rose knew exactly what she was thinking. I do hope Marga returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
The way I see it, they could have gone one of two routes with what they set up in episode four: George struggles with his reasons for fighting and upon either tragedy or self reflection decides that they are not worth killing over or George and Maruga become a modern version of the dragon and human from the legend. The writer played with the former and then decided to abandon it by making George a victim of mind control, seemingly going for the allusion to the legend described in the latter, but then abandoned that by essentially putting George on the bus and making Maruga blatantly unsuccessful romantic rival #2.

Should have picked one direction and stuck with it.
Yeah, I didn't like how that was handled either. But they used the mind control to keep George a nice guy. It would have stunk if he really turned into a bad guy. Not that it matters since we probably won't see him again. I think he would have made a nice addition to the team, being a mentor figure for Ryuji (but then we'd have to see him die, right? haha).

Quote:
I join the chorus asking what's the point of Misaki? She gets no screen time unless she's being rejected. Schadenfraude? Is the unlucky childhood friend just another element of wish fulfillment in harem anime that allows male viewers to laugh at a situation that more commonly happens to them than to females(Hah! How do you like it when you're in the friend zone!)?
I do feel bad for her. It sucks that she isn't an assertive girl, otherwise she'd put pressure on him. I guess she is just comic relief.
Old 2011-02-09, 09:52   Link #332
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taufiq91 View Post
Well, like i've said Misaki will develop into a sort of a yandere-ish character who will join an anti-dragon army as revenge for Rose taking away Ryuji.

it's basically that.
I find that highly unlikely but not improbable. I was thinking that she is like his link to normal life that he seems to want.
Old 2011-02-10, 02:28   Link #333
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taufiq91 View Post
Oh, and has anyone noticed that the Dragon crisis Op sounds like a Jamaican Dancehall song?

The first parts of the OP sounds exacly like the beats from this video:

I can KIND of hear it, but it's just a slight coincidence, I'm sure.
Old 2011-02-12, 10:52   Link #334
Tenshi_
Dewgong >w<

Just want to ask, what is the name of this OST??

I really like it a lot :P

And also, can anyone tell me the release date for Dragon Crisis! OST??
Old 2011-02-12, 11:23   Link #335
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi_ View Post
And also, can anyone tell me the release date for Dragon Crisis! OST??
23rd of February according to amazon.
Old 2011-02-12, 20:35   Link #336
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I do feel bad for her. It sucks that she isn't an assertive girl, otherwise she'd put pressure on him. I guess she is just comic relief.
It's unfortunate that this seems to be the case. It seems awkward to give a character just enough screen time to make them slightly sympathetic at first, only for them to get slotted into the role of buttmonkey. Glad I'm not the only one who wasn't sure what to make of that.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 20:42   Link #337
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
It's unfortunate that this seems to be the case. It seems awkward to give a character just enough screen time to make them slightly sympathetic at first, only for them to get slotted into the role of buttmonkey. Glad I'm not the only one who wasn't sure what to make of that.
Now that I think about it, it's a nice break from watching all this unassertive & dense male characters, for a change they swapped the sex, far more common IRL

Last edited by Malkuth; 2011-02-12 at 20:44. Reason: Is unassertive even a word? my english fail occasionaly :heh:
Old 2011-02-13, 05:34   Link #338
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Breaker? Is it a ability to able to use magic items?
Old 2011-02-13, 08:05   Link #339
tsunade666

that part isn't been explained yet completely but it looks like its the ability to use the lost precious or curse precious and the level itself is reflecting the percentage on how much power you can drew from the item.
Old 2011-02-14, 16:31   Link #340
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Doradora 06 - Gai-Rei -Zero-:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen