AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-12-28, 14:39   Link #1441
thefreakmike

^Your sins are forgiven brother
Old 2018-12-28, 14:58   Link #1442
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^Thank you comrade. I'll never stray off the path of Miku ever again.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 15:48   Link #1443
WingedAccelerator

More or less, when individual volume covers started, the cover quint got 2 chapters/significant moments in "her volume". Surprisingly enough, Volume 6 (Itsuki) is the one so far, where it's not true at all, or really damn debatable. Next chapter ends the second Nino volume, and she already got her share. While I expect her to still get something, Ichika is totally got set up to steal the show, isn't she?

That precious Miku smile. *.*
While we have to savor it, based on what I just said about the covers, her Valentine's Day repayment from Fuutarou may be coming in the near future. Fuutarou's birthday and the quintuplets' birthday are also possibilities as great events involving her, and both are relatively close, unless Negi skips them.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 16:12   Link #1444
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

^^same here. I will never doubt ever again after I came close to considering Ichika and then Nino. They don't even come close. Miku is genuinely the most adorable of the quints.
Old 2018-12-28, 19:23   Link #1445
DJBlitzkrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
even tho she hardly ever gets any focus, when she does, she leaves one hell of an impression.
You know, I find interesting how the story can go on for 30 chapters without positioning her in the main PoV of whatever plot thread is being developed at the moment and appreciate what it brings to the table, but you give her one meaningfull chapter with a few great panels and the impression left by that just feels overwhelmingly different, like "damn, I really do want this character to succeed". It's easy to forget that feeling after a semingly long absence from the spotlight, but when it hits, it hits hard.

I'd say that righ now the story can take multiple turns, Ichika's issue is still in the air, the aftermath of Nino's meeting with her father still hasn't been shown, we still don't know about whatever Fuutarou heard from Grandpa and the quints father and there's the issue with a kiss that might o might not end up happening in this trip (Nino still has the resolve to do it), so the climax of the next chapter will be very important for the story moving forwards, maybe the identity of the bride will become more clear after it.

Last edited by DJBlitzkrieg; 2018-12-29 at 01:28.
DJBlitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 19:58   Link #1446
Wandering Soul

After losing focus for a while thanks to Ichika and Nino, Miku rightfully regained her place as best girl with one smile.
Old 2018-12-28, 20:08   Link #1447
wuhugm
Confused Shark

The entire world acknowledged Miku as best girl and Itsuki will still win in the end
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 22:10   Link #1448
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
The entire world acknowledged Miku as best girl and Itsuki will still win in the end
stop ruining the mood, erotora

we're still fighting for it...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 22:33   Link #1449
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

^^does not matter to me. The best girls almost always never win. You know it. So, I am ready to accept it. I will be sad if it's not Miku, that's a given -- she reestablished her place with a single chapter after we got chapters after chapters revolving around Ichika and Nino.

But if it's Itsuki, like you said, I won't be enraged like I did in case of some other manga (ahem Nisekoi for e.g.). Itsuki maybe my least favourite of the quints, and I find myself gasping for air whenever I am reminded that she has the unofficial main girl tag on her, but she is not a horrible person at the end of the day and I cannot seem to bring myself to dislike her.
Old 2018-12-28, 23:21   Link #1450
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBlitzkrieg View Post
You know, I find interesting how the story can go on for 30 chapters without positioning her in the main PoV of whatever plot thread is being developed at the moment and appreciate what it brings to the table, but you give her one meaningfull chapter with a few great panels and the impression left by that just feels overwhelmingly different, like "damn, I really do want this character to succeed". It's easy to forget that feeling after a semingly long absence from the spotlight, but when it hits, it hits hard.
Couldn't have said it any better myself. That's pretty much Miku's role in a nutshell.

What if Negi isn't giving Miku the shaft, but purposely neglecting her because he knows if she gets any proper focus and spotlight, there won't be much of a shipping war? (I'm mostly joking when I say that, but a part of me can't help but feel like that's the case sometimes.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
But if it's Itsuki, like you said, I won't be enraged like I did in case of some other manga (ahem Nisekoi for e.g.). Itsuki maybe my least favourite of the quints, and I find myself gasping for air whenever I am reminded that she has the unofficial main girl tag on her, but she is not a horrible person at the end of the day and I cannot seem to bring myself to dislike her.
I'm neutral to Itsuki. I neither like nor dislike her. She used to be my least-liked quint, but I've soured a bit on Ichika because of this arc. I'm starting to dislike her, which effectively puts Itsuki above her.

That said, my quint ranking has changed yet again:

Miku >> Nino >> Yotsuba > Itsuki > Ichika.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2018-12-29, 00:05   Link #1451
Tenzen12

I don't dislike Itsuki (though she is most bland of quints), but I might end disliking her if she were to win. I don't see any kind of chemistry and thus Fuutarou choosing her would be pretty forced.
Old 2018-12-29, 01:34   Link #1452
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Quote:
What if Negi isn't giving Miku the shaft, but purposely neglecting her because he knows if she gets any proper focus and spotlight, there won't be much of a shipping war? (I'm mostly joking when I say that, but a part of me can't help but feel like that's the case sometimes.)
I don't think that is a joke. Negi is trying his best to balance between the quints but he cannot even touch Miku just because of the fact that he shot himself on the foot when giving her such a sweet personality.

Quote:
I'm neutral to Itsuki. I neither like nor dislike her. She used to be my least-liked quint, but I've soured a bit on Ichika because of this arc. I'm starting to dislike her, which effectively puts Itsuki above her.
While I think Ichika has a horrible personality, I still cannot hate her. Part of it must be because of her indecisive personality which is actually a tremendous weakness, but not enough to make me dislike her. But if she starts being decisive and tries to hinder others for her own gain, I might really start to dislike her. The glimpse was already there during the onsen convo with Nino.
Old 2018-12-29, 03:23   Link #1453
wuhugm
Confused Shark

In Twitter, Negi seemed to imply that he's planning for Ichika win, because she was the most popular in the Oneshot

Shows that he listens to the fans

Now that Miku became the most popular, maybe he'll change his mind
Old 2018-12-29, 03:25   Link #1454
DJBlitzkrieg

Quote:
In Twitter, Negi seemed to imply that he's planning for Ichika win, because she was the most popular in the Oneshot

Shows that he listens to the fans

Now that Miku became the most popular, maybe he'll change his mind
He never implied anything of the sort, he just mentioned that he felt glad that the character that came last in the surveys from the one shot got first place in the serialization.
Old 2018-12-29, 04:30   Link #1455
WingedAccelerator

Ichika: Most popular heroine of the Oneshot. Why not make her the winner of the serialization?
Nino: Tsunderes are always popular. Why not make her the winner of the serialization?
Miku: Least popular heroine of the Oneshot. Challange accepted, why not make her the winner of the serialization (Now that she is clearly the most popular)?
Yotsuba: The dark horse. Why not make her the winner of the serialization?
Itsuki: Intended main heroine, follows most romcom conventions. Why not make her the winner of the serialization?

Regardless of the outcome, it will be interesting to see what possible reason Negi decided upon the winner.
Old 2018-12-29, 05:39   Link #1456
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Now that I think about it, Miku's design in the one-shot really was the worst among the five. It was so bad that she was the only one to get a complete redesign for the serialization, whereas the others' designs were virtually unchanged.

It's funny really, the one whose design was so bad that she needed to be overhauled for the serialization, is now the fan-favourite by a landslide.
Old 2018-12-29, 05:51   Link #1457
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

A smilng Miku has that pleasant radiance. Great way to end the year. Now for the shuraba to begin.
Old 2018-12-29, 06:12   Link #1458
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Now that I think about it, Miku's design in the one-shot really was the worst among the five. It was so bad that she was the only one to get a complete redesign for the serialization, whereas the others' designs were virtually unchanged.

It's funny really, the one whose design was so bad that she needed to be overhauled for the serialization, is now the fan-favourite by a landslide.
That design was atrocious, and made her look like a middle schooler. Or elementary. Headphones with long hair curbstomps every other design.
Ichika and Nino are basically the same. Yotsuba now has short hair, which looks better with the ribbon, instead of the shoulder length hair. Itsuki just got tweaked a bit.

wuhugm, can you tell what the text says on the pic that Negi retweeted, the one where Miku wears a Harukata cap?
Old 2018-12-29, 07:47   Link #1459
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^
Miku : Nino is only a "loser" in charge of obscenity role afterall
Nino : Take that word back!

Can anyone make the old and new design comparisons?
Old 2018-12-29, 08:39   Link #1460
DJBlitzkrieg

Quote:
Can anyone make the old and new design comparisons?
Spoiler for .:

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck