Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
Me & you both.

Though I don't mind Kirino either...

Ayase still #1
Me 3 here.
Old 2012-07-23, 00:52   Link #1124
GVN.Chaos

Hello. Is there anyone still read the Light novel? Or you guys have discussed it over and over already?
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 01:01   Link #1125
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Hello. Is there anyone still read the Light novel? Or you guys have discussed it over and over already?
We're practically waiting for the next volume to come out, or more news regarding it to continue a conversation it seems.
Old 2012-07-23, 01:27   Link #1126
GVN.Chaos

So no one re-read the new translation anymore ?
Oh well, guess there is not much different from anime then.
Old 2012-07-23, 01:34   Link #1127
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Well with the anime and the new novel coming up, I'm sure things will pick up again. I'm currently rereading the novels to make sure I'm still in the know of everything.
Old 2012-07-23, 05:26   Link #1128
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Well with the anime and the new novel coming up, I'm sure things will pick up again. I'm currently rereading the novels to make sure I'm still in the know of everything.
So, any thought about vol 4? Is it just me or something is off with the translator?
Old 2012-08-01, 01:21   Link #1129
GVN.Chaos

Um....Can anyone send me the link for Vol 1 - vol 7 summaries again please ? Seanver is gone now
Old 2012-08-01, 01:32   Link #1130
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Um....Can anyone send me the link for Vol 1 - vol 7 summaries again please ? Seanver is gone now
Use this link. It's a link to one of Seanver old sites, with the summaries you're asking for. So what do you think?

http://seanveranime.wordpress.com/20...-nai-volume-1/
Old 2012-08-05, 13:06   Link #1131
Maugomale

Quote:
┌────────────────┐
□9月の新刊予定(2012年9月10日発売)□
└────────────────┘

TVアニメ第2期製作決定! 大人気ドラマチックコメディ、待望の第11弾!
◆俺の妹がこんなに可愛いわけがない(11)
著/伏見つかさ イラスト/かんざきひろ 定価:620円

「あの頃のあたし―――お、お兄ちゃんっ子だったの」
  引っ越し祝いパーティの場で交わされた“約束”を果たすため、田村家を訪れた俺と
 桐乃。話し合いは、やがてそれぞれの過去話になっていって……
 「仕方ないことなんかなぁ、この世に一個だってねーんだよ!」「学校に行ったら負け
 だと思っている」「その謎のペットボトルは……まさか……おまえ禁断の行為を……!」
 「『凄いお兄ちゃん』なんて、最初からいなかったんだよ」「そんなことで、お兄ちゃ
 んを嫌いになるわけないじゃん」「だから。あたしは、あんたのことが嫌いになったん
 だよ」
  兄妹冷戦の真相が、ついに明かされる。重要エピソード満載の最新刊!!
Anybody up for some translating? Couldn't understand jack squat with machine translations
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 16:18   Link #1132
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Here goes nothing
Quote:
"Back then I really..... a-admire my onii-chan (what's the proper translation for "onii-chan-ko"? )

After Kyousuke's housewarming party, he and Kirino go to Tamura house to fulfill their "promise". Talking about many of their past stories.

"Shikatanai koto nanka na, kono yo ni ikkodattenen da yo" (can't understand this)
"If I come to school, I thought I'm going to lose"
"That pet bottle... Can it be..... Your forbidden act"
"Thing like [a great onii-chan], there isn't any from the beginning" (or maybe "From the beginning I'm not [a great onii-chan], referring to what Kirino thought of Kyousuke back then?)
"With that, how could I possibly hate onii-chan" (looks like this is Kirino's line)
"That's why, I, began to hate you" (another Kirino's line)

The truth behind the sibling's cold war. Important episode on the latest issue.
Sumeragi or roankun will definitely do it better ^^
Old 2012-08-05, 18:03   Link #1133
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Here goes nothing

I extend my thanks toward you. Line # 5 has me curious on the true reveal.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 19:42   Link #1134
Maugomale

The coverart for volume 11 is finally here, gentlemen

Spoiler:
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 00:41   Link #1135
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Nice cover. Judging by the cover, so they were still in a good term when Kyousuke was in middle school?
Every time I see they got along like that in their past, I wonder what was happen that made their relationship took 180" change. From the preview Manami was definitely the part of it, but seems it wasn't as simple as Manami "took away" Kyousuke from Kirino like on 2nd PSP game's Kirino route...
Old 2012-08-10, 16:23   Link #1136
TkMacintosh

Quote:
Nice cover. Judging by the cover, so they were still in a good term when Kyousuke was in middle school?
Every time I see they got along like that in their past, I wonder what was happen that made their relationship took 180" change. From the preview Manami was definitely the part of it, but seems it wasn't as simple as Manami "took away" Kyousuke from Kirino like on 2nd PSP game's Kirino route...
I'm thinking that it's more Kyousuke hanging out with Manami more and more at Manami's request.

Maybe.
TkMacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 19:21   Link #1137
VVolf
夜空派

Quote:
Here goes nothing

And not me...? *sniff sniff*
Just kidding, I'll translate it now. You did a good job, btw. I can understand why you couldn't understand "お兄ちゃんっ子". It's a slang, and surprisingly, has nothing to do with "onii-chan" at all.

Quote:
"Back then --- I was like a boy/behaved like a boy."
To fulfill the "promise" made during the housewarming party, Kirino and I visited the Tamura household. As the conversation went on, the topic about our various pasts began to surface...
"There's no such thing as 'it can't be helped'!" "I thought that if I went to school, I would lose." "That mysterious pet bottle...could it be...used for forbidden acts...!"
"There never was anything of "terrific onii-chan" to begin with." "I couldn't possibly hate onii-chan because of something like that."

"That's how I came to hate you."

The truth behind the sibling's cold war is finally uncovered. The newest issue is loaded with important events!
Something like that.

お兄ちゃんっ子 should be read as a single word, not separated as "onii-chan" and "kko". It means something like "like a boy/behaving like a boy". A bad slang to use, IMO, by the author. I doubt anyone without a certain exposure to Japanese would be able to understand that.

"Then, I'll treat you as more important than a hundred people. Even if there were a hundred...no, a million or a trillion people, even if it means standing against the entire world, I'll still be your friend no matter what." Taka (Kodaka) to Sora (Yozora), "Past", vol 1.
VVolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 20:09   Link #1138
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVolf View Post
お兄ちゃんっ子 should be read as a single word, not separated as "onii-chan" and "kko". It means something like "like a boy/behaving like a boy". A bad slang to use, IMO, by the author. I doubt anyone without a certain exposure to Japanese would be able to understand that.
Actually... I think there might be multiple slang uses for that term. I've found multiple usages (in anime/games/Net slang/etc.) where "onii-chan-kko" is used as a short form for "お兄ちゃん大好きっ子", whose meaning is obvious. In this case, I'm inclined to think that's actually more what it means, but obviously the novel itself will clarify. I don't think, in this case, they're trying to imply that she's a tomboy.... but we'll see.
Old 2012-08-10, 20:26   Link #1139
VVolf
夜空派

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Actually... I think there might be multiple slang uses for that term. I've found multiple usages (in anime/games/Net slang/etc.) where "onii-chan-kko" is used as a short form for "お兄ちゃん大好きっ子", whose meaning is obvious. In this case, I'm inclined to think that's actually more what it means, but obviously the novel itself will clarify. I don't think, in this case, they're trying to imply that she's a tomboy.... but we'll see.
Although I can definitely see where you're coming from, I am sticking to my explanation.

First of all, I have just confirmed this with my Japanese teacher (Japanese native), and she agrees with my interpretation. And secondly, I'm having a hard time picturing Kirino saying something like that outright...

Again, I blame it on the author. Slangs are evil.

My guess is that he used "お兄ちゃんっ子" intentionally. You know, how a certain slang can be interpreted in various ways?
...Yeah, that sounds like Fushimi to me.

"Then, I'll treat you as more important than a hundred people. Even if there were a hundred...no, a million or a trillion people, even if it means standing against the entire world, I'll still be your friend no matter what." Taka (Kodaka) to Sora (Yozora), "Past", vol 1.
VVolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 20:33   Link #1140
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVolf View Post
First of all, I have just confirmed this with my Japanese teacher (Japanese native), and she agrees with my interpretation. And secondly, I'm having a hard time picturing Kirino saying something like that outright...
The only thing that brings that to question is the way it's said:

「あの頃のあたし―――お、お兄ちゃんっ子だったの」

...noting the hesitation before Onii-chan. Is it really embarrassing to say that you were a tomboy growing up? And, of course, who is she speaking to? There'd be no reason to be embarrassed if she's speaking to anyone who knew her back then (because her being a tomboy would have been obvious to them).

Anyway, I can certainly see how it's a slang term with a double-meaning, and it does make sense to include that sort of statement in a teaser (precisely because of the conversation we're now having). For all we know, it might mean both in practice, but only one in context. (Or she may say the statement, and then come back with "I don't mean it that way", making it even more vague what she really means.) We'll see...

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings