Spoiler for 10:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 09:51   Link #802
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler for 10:
Summarizing this, Yamakan just saved anime. And I'm serious.
Old 2011-03-26, 12:10   Link #803
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
Summarizing this, Yamakan just saved anime. And I'm serious.
Yamakan? Is that you?
Old 2011-03-26, 13:44   Link #804
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Yamakan? Is that you?
Ummm. Nope. Seriously without his dramatic quotes "like anime is dying" and he is "saving it", his works are actually quite good. I think Kannagi anime is a good adaptation, and this one too.
Old 2011-03-26, 13:49   Link #805
Eight_wonder
Cirno <3

This can't end happily.Death Flags are everywhere.

Next Last Episode: Death,Death and Death.
Old 2011-03-26, 15:15   Link #806
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Ummm. Nope. Seriously without his dramatic quotes "like anime is dying" and he is "saving it", his works are actually quite good. I think Kannagi anime is a good adaptation, and this one too.
I agree - he's actually one of the bigger talents in the field as far as I'm concerned. If he knew when to keep his mouth shut he'd be much less maligned in the fan community.

One of the things I like about Yamakan is that he doesn't play it safe - he's not afraid to try risky things, even if they sometimes don't work. Risk-taking is something to be admired in any artistic endeavor, anime certainly included.
Old 2011-03-27, 00:52   Link #807
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

wow the speculation that Phryne is being raped is somewhat true she is a sex slave to be exact, i sense a bad ending on this series, but i hope that bastard sex maniac dies
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 02:13   Link #808
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Considering how the show isn't exactly the definition of success, one has to wonder if Yamakan will go ahead with his "threat". Considering what he's managed to do with this series, that would be a big shame if he did.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 02:53   Link #809
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

That's a matter of opinion.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 03:02   Link #810
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jix View Post
wow the speculation that Phryne is being raped is somewhat true she is a sex slave to be exact, i sense a bad ending on this series, but i hope that bastard sex maniac dies
I don't think she's not a virgin as I think her virginity is very vital in Fractale (that creepy test of her "father" reminds me of the Vampire Bund).

But she is abused, it is very apparent in her reactions.
And all of us agrees that guy should die. (Oh men, reminds me of Hamdo all over again).
Old 2011-03-27, 05:07   Link #811
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Spoiler for 10:
I don't know. Phryne's father, bad as he is, is just one man. Incestuous rapists are, alas, everywhere, and I don't know that I'd want to judge the whole institution because of one member. I'm more disturbed by the casual disregard for the lives of the Phynes - that's something you can say the Temple as a whole is responsible for. I can't exactly approve of the way they've painted themselves - and most of humanity with them - into a corner, by relying so much on something as fragile as Fractale, either.

And is LM really better? They're the ones who never considered peaceful coexistence, even though it seems space isn't an object and they were at least tolerated by the Temple. They're the ones who slaughtered priests and helpless civilians, and for what? Because they couldn't stand the idea other people found a happiness that was different from theirs? And once they destroy the system - how much of the world population's going to die? 90%? 99%? Do they care?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 05:47   Link #812
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
I don't think she's not a virgin as I think her virginity is very vital in Fractale (that creepy test of her "father" reminds me of the Vampire Bund).

And all of us agrees that guy should die. (Oh men, reminds me of Hamdo all over again).
yeah! agree of this!

It maybe a sexual abuse but not an intercourse (that will explain ep 9 'test')

and I also agree that there will be a lot of death flags.....

I really hope for a good ending but that is maybe impossible

screw you Temple and Lost Millenium (except Sunda's faction)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 10:18   Link #813
klare

Spoiler for epx 10:
Old 2011-03-27, 15:49   Link #814
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

That's all about how "virginity" is defined. If it's vaginal penetration, she can still have been raped and still be a virgin. "Defiled" implies that excrement happened.

Understandable why this is sucking in the ratings. (no pun intended) Subject matter not conducive to sales. He should have done a comedy instead.
Old 2011-03-27, 17:31   Link #815
reaper_unique

Think Guantanamo(strapped down naked and shit)

I would certainly rage if the girl I love would be 'defiled'
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 20:08   Link #816
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
Next week, we'll see the final episode of that anime, usually people's wishes to see a person die usually comes reality
leon4281isback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 21:52   Link #817
AzureWrath

Who knows...maybe we will get a happy(ish) ending! Nessa becomes real somehow. Phyrne sees the power of friendship around her. Arch priestess sees how wrong the system is. Creeper dad takes a plunge off temple. LM goes and has a big party. The normal fractale people get taught by LM to live w/o the system and everyone is happy (minus a few dead temple people and some that can't adapt)!

Ya....only a few death flags and maybe some slight mental barriers stand in the way....
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 22:15   Link #818
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

How could they end the episode like that? What the heck!? And I'm tired of all of this damn NTR-type shit. There was even a damn glass between them, damn it.

Well, plenty of death flags were pinned on everyone... the final episode won't be pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
That's all about how "virginity" is defined. If it's vaginal penetration, she can still have been raped and still be a virgin. "Defiled" implies that excrement happened.
I'm thinking along the lines of BB with the belt still on. Damn, now my stomach is upset.

Quote:
Understandable why this is sucking in the ratings. (no pun intended) Subject matter not conducive to sales. He should have done a comedy instead.
Definitely should have stuck with comedy and society's norms and such as the serious plot. Like Wall E.
Old 2011-03-27, 22:23   Link #819
Nerroth
NePoi!

It's kind of odd, but when I was watching Clain run around the Fractale temple while Phryne was trying to debate with the high priestess, I was imaging a certain Gallifreyan holding that same kind of conversation.

Although, he'd probably whip out the sonic screwdriver and find a way to bring the whole thing down... but that would be a very different kind of story!
Old 2011-03-27, 23:57   Link #820
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

So what's the over/under that none of them survive this? My bet is that Clain makes it, Phyrne and Nessa merge/sacrifice themselves. I hope Sunda lives, but he's in some pretty shady company with Dias right now...

And yeah, I really wish it didn't go the creepy route with "father", but whatever.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a-1 pictures, noitamina, yamamoto yutaka