AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-05, 21:37   Link #481
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm predicting a gradual increase of prices (and probably higher-quality extras) on later volumes.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 21:39   Link #482
sa547
*Author

Dunno how or why the hell they priced it so low, compared to Volume 1 of Another, which now retails for 5908yen (discounted). Has to do with marketing.
Old 2012-05-05, 22:02   Link #483
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

It has to do with them targeting non-anime fans.

Anime fans in Japan normally pay a lot for BD's because they want to get the extras that come with them, but non-fans (or casual buyers) aren't so inclined to go for the expensive releases, since they don't see much use of any of the extras.

It's why usually some shows are viewed as being more of hit with casual fans when they get high sales with their DVD's or non LE releases. (Ao no Exorcist, Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku Tachi wa Mada Shiranai etc.)

That said, the show being this cheap is sort of a surprise, though not unexpected. They are clearly trying to sweeten the deal for both sides to get this series, since normal AKB fans will think ''it's not that much'' while normal anime fans will think ''hey, I could still get it, it's within my budget'' and probably the casual non fans of both will think ''what's all this fuss about ... guess it's cheaper than everything else, better get it soon''

As someone who is starting with importing shows, I hope this strategy picks up lolol
Old 2012-05-06, 00:51   Link #484
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Also, they know they won't really catch the eye of the Otaku as the average anime so they gonna make it somewhat cheaper to appeal to their main crowd.
Old 2012-05-06, 02:48   Link #485
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Now there are pre-orders at Amazon, but what left me blinking is the initial price per BR volume.

1890 yen, 10% off from the retail price of 2000 yen, and that's for the BR.
What the F-...?!! LOL ... haven't seen something like this since Nana. Well with a price accessible to everyone and a virtually super-large fanbase I guess this is the best thing one can think of ... But like anyone here said, it's obvious they'll gradually increase the price and add extra contents for the future releases (after getting the maximum of people to buy the first volume). But I'm curious to know about how many volumes they'll release like this before adopting a much higher price.

Well, looks like the thing is pretty effective, the volume is already ranked pretty high on the stalker (pray it will stay up there for another 8 weeks ... which is pretty certain with a price like that ).
Old 2012-05-06, 02:56   Link #486
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
What the F-...?!! LOL ... haven't seen something like this since Nana.
Said it in another thread but might as well say it here.

Ano Hana did this last year,a first volume containing 1 episode with a low price and then back to normal for the rest of the show.
Old 2012-05-06, 03:02   Link #487
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Said it in another thread but might as well say it here.

Ano Hana did this last year,a first volume containing 1 episode with a low price and then back to normal for the rest of the show.
*currently viewing the anime DVD/BD thread*

I intended to strike with a super low price but I guess you got me with a better better example

EDIT : wow and seems like I'm really not the only one you got like that
Old 2012-05-06, 03:06   Link #488
Scarletknive
Meister

Well, it has only 1 episode... So the price is cheap enough...
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 09:29   Link #489
sa547
*Author

Spoiler for Damn... On Episode 2:
Old 2012-05-06, 10:37   Link #490
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
What the F-...?!! LOL ... haven't seen something like this since Nana. Well with a price accessible to everyone and a virtually super-large fanbase I guess this is the best thing one can think of ... But like anyone here said, it's obvious they'll gradually increase the price and add extra contents for the future releases (after getting the maximum of people to buy the first volume). But I'm curious to know about how many volumes they'll release like this before adopting a much higher price.

Well, looks like the thing is pretty effective, the volume is already ranked pretty high on the stalker (pray it will stay up there for another 8 weeks ... which is pretty certain with a price like that ).
It is aimed at the shoujo crowd definitely now. Smart marketing moves.
Old 2012-05-06, 11:11   Link #491
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 2

This show is really kinda crazy. It's literally a AKB48 fan vehicle but done with such.... audacity that it actually starts to feel enjoyable in its own right. Kawamori has some strong drugs at Satelite, that's for sure. This episode introduces more new characters - a really annoying girl with no self confidence, a crazy genki ninja antics girl, and a quiet nerd girl who has the strangest voice. All the characters are different and unique, and they're all totally weird. Yes, there is also more action, more singing, more idols, more robots, and a deep philosophical conversation about what being an AKB idol really means! Drama, tension, action, mystery, music! This show continues to have it all!

Spoiler notes:
Spoiler:
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 11:16   Link #492
mochichan

MAYUYUROID~
lol..
this ep is so..dramatic. IDK what other words to say for it.
WTF is with real soldiers shooting at 14 yrs old girls...omfg...XD
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 11:19   Link #493
duckroll
綺羅星★!

They didn't shoot at the girls though. If you notice, they aim for the ceiling and stuff, and generally try to trap them. I don't even think those are real bullets. Probably rubber.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 11:24   Link #494
mochichan

I still think it's ridiculous that they need to send in armed soldiers...lol...
this is like kdrama/jdrama or something XD
Old 2012-05-06, 11:26   Link #495
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 11:38   Link #496
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Episode 2 settle it as the most exciting serie out there for me this season. Was bracing myself for a slow start, with another episode or so to expose the girls but...
Spoiler for #2 - The chosen light:

Also, Sonata's VA is doing a much better job than I expected (feared? ^^'). But by making her play an oddball, they're definitely making things easier for Kumin .
Old 2012-05-06, 11:55   Link #497
mochichan

I keep rewatching it and Karen doesn't really fit her role in the anime. She sound more grown up which isn't bad but her character is like 14(?) :\

Sonata is officially my favorite character in the show. She's so damn kawaii and she's basically the same as the weirdo energetic squirrel, Oshima Yuko <3 Chieri character now give me the impression of her being the next Yukirin because of the whole princess feel. I can't wait till Kanata show up...her scene in the OP look..pretty serious and it didn't make sense why she wasn't there with her sister Sonata on that ship too.

Spoiler for lol lightsaber:

there's crying scenes in the OP...possible hint of a darker future?

Spoiler:

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-05-06 at 13:07.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:06   Link #498
Katapan
俺様祭り

As I'd feared, I'm not entirely buying the voices from the NO NAME girls, and it's sort of getting in the way of my enjoyment of the anime. You do have some very nice surprises (or not really, you could mostly guess it from the auditions) like Mita Mao, Mayuyu's boyish voice or Kuumin (now that was a real surprise!), but on the other hand, Shawako just can't pull off Suzuko's deadpan in a non-annoying way. :/ Nagisa hasn't improved much either.
With that said, episode 2 was still about as entertaining as the first one. I was totally expecting them to whip out Flying Get as an epic battle insert song, though!

The first volume of the BD has also disappeared from Amazon! I was looking forward to seeing it climb all the way to the top. I wonder what went wrong.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:33   Link #499
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
As I'd feared, I'm not entirely buying the voices from the NO NAME girls, and it's sort of getting in the way of my enjoyment of the anime. You do have some very nice surprises (or not really, you could mostly guess it from the auditions) like Mita Mao, Mayuyu's boyish voice or Kuumin (now that was a real surprise!), but on the other hand, Shawako just can't pull off Suzuko's deadpan in a non-annoying way. :/ Nagisa hasn't improved much either.
They're still new to the seiyuu game, so it's a mixed bag, but I hope they'll eventually improve their skills in the next few more episodes.

Quote:
With that said, episode 2 was still about as entertaining as the first one. I was totally expecting them to whip out Flying Get as an epic battle insert song, though!
Hehe, talk about instant action and unusual surprises!

Quote:
The first volume of the BD has also disappeared from Amazon! I was looking forward to seeing it climb all the way to the top. I wonder what went wrong.
As I expected they must've withdrew the pre-order and made some revisions. Could be testing the waters... or maybe trolling.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:48   Link #500
mochichan

OP

I honestly like the CG. some part look good.
3 main will be Nagisa, Chieri, and Kanata.

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-05-06 at 13:07.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime