AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's the most canon
IchigoxRukia 198 46.81%
IshidaxOrihime 22 5.20%
UraharaxYoruichi 86 20.33%
ShunsuixNanao 29 6.86%
HitsugayaxHinamori 34 8.04%
MatsumotoxGin 54 12.77%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-02, 05:22   Link #41
the last shinigami

Ichigo x Rukia for me!
Old 2007-01-03, 01:25   Link #42
gsfreek
wants Pizza Hut

I think Matsumoto x Gin. The hints are pretty heavy.
Old 2007-01-03, 20:32   Link #43
aznhkpd

it has to be IchigoxRukia it's that obvious. I think you shoulda noticed the strong relationship starting from the first episode
Old 2007-01-03, 21:08   Link #44
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

yeah its obvious that ichigoXorihime is the most proven pair (best too, and rukia should go with the guy with the snakey bankai old whatshisface). too bad its not on there

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Old 2007-01-03, 21:57   Link #45
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

It would be better if everyone uses and sticks with IMO rather than claiming canon pairings , that just leads to flaming and counter flaming . We dont know yet who is going to be with whom and even if they are going to be ...
Old 2008-05-20, 13:48   Link #46
Hilarieho

Ahh no theres no renji and rukia OR inoue and Ichigo...I think somebodies got faaaavourites :P
I voted Yoruichi and uruhara seein as my first two choices were made void
Old 2008-05-20, 20:52   Link #47
Girl_who_cried_gnome
lover of the g-pa hair

gin and matsumoto... i mean kubo has done some MASSIVE foreshadowing with this pairing that cannot be ignored... i mean its not necessarily a future cannon pairing but more of a angsty and heart-wrenching kind of pairing that most likely began and ended in the past... kubo just still needs to reveal it...

and i am just going with logic when it comes to most action type story lines... romance usually does not happen directly between the main protagonists but with the smaller characters... especially when there are such huge battles between the two fanbases of the major "cannon pairings" Kubo must please you all and try to prevent massive uproar so i am sorry to say but i doubt that he is going to conclude anything when it comes to you ichihime and ichiruki shippers out there...

.... okay i am aware that there is a somewhat controversy between hitsumatsu and ginran.... my response to this argument: pedobear shall not prevail!

Last edited by Girl_who_cried_gnome; 2008-05-20 at 21:07.
Old 2008-05-20, 21:21   Link #48
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
You all know I am not a shipper (anymore) but for this poll to be fair the rest of the possible pairs should be added. Its as simple as asking an Anime Suki staff member to do it. After that happens this will be a considerably more interesting thread. IMHO.
Old 2008-05-21, 01:49   Link #49
kagato3

Hmm
IchigoxRukia niether has shown any intrest in each other on a romantic level

IshidaxOrihime Ishida might have some intrest in Orihime but it was fairly vage and of course she sees him as nothing but a friend

UraharaxYoruichi possable lovers or just friends it's pretty hard to call this one

ShunsuixNanao hard to tell how much of what Shunsui is an act to get on her nervse and what is real. if anything nothing beyond some basic atraction

HitsugayaxHinamori Hitsugaya's in love for sure but Hinamori only sees hims as a little brother and is stuck on Azein

MatsumotoxGin They seem to be either ex lovers or they both regret what never was. Gin seems to care for her to the point he said he was sorry when he left with Azein and she does care deeply for him.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-05-21, 02:40   Link #50
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anko Plushy View Post
That's actually the first time I've ever even heard of that pairing but that is FAR from canon, if Yachiru didn't look like a five year old and looked more like a eighteen year old than I would TOTALLY support Kenpachi and her but at the moment... just... ew

lol, search thru this forums (cant remember the thread) but there was a pairing Unohana x Kenpachi and their love child is Mayuri...
Old 2008-05-21, 04:19   Link #51
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
I select Matsumoto and Gin
Old 2008-05-21, 07:44   Link #52
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konpachi View Post
pairing Unohana x Kenpachi and their love child is Mayuri...
i totally get the paring but, to think that Mayuri would come out of a rose like Unohana is disturbing....lol

UraharaxYoruichi...

they seem to have this sort of understanding between each other as well as respect for the other. it seems like a deeper level than most of the other characters.
Old 2008-05-21, 10:42   Link #53
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Yoruichi and Urahara is what I picked because they are like the wonder twins, form of cat! They have been together since they were young, she even left her captain and commander position for him...I wonder how much her parents in SS hated Urahara, also I think it was Aaroniero and a shinigami that created Mayuri.
Old 2008-05-21, 10:48   Link #54
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsfreek View Post
I think Matsumoto x Gin. The hints are pretty heavy.
the logical choice!

for the poll: as usually fandom kicked in
Old 2008-05-21, 16:56   Link #55
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Definately Urahara x Yoruichi and Matsumoto x Gin
Old 2008-05-22, 02:20   Link #56
sayde

If we're really deciding between which one is more canon, then I can't really choose.

But with all the supporting arguments I'm reading in this thread, I'm inclined to believe that the topics name should be changed to something like "most intimate (or closest) pairing" as suppose to "Most canon pairing".

Now perhaps someone can help me understand this but based on what I thought the word "canon" meant, I struggle to understand how any of these pairings could be considered more "canon" than the other. But then again, I'm having trouble understanding how any fact within a story could be considered more canon than another fact within the same story unless we're dealing retcons, situations, and events that directly conflict with one another. Usually something that's canon isn't open for debate since it is what it is. Even with the famous Rukia/OrihimexIchigo pairing, both of these pairings are equally canon. It's the degree (or intimacy) of the pairings that seems to be debated more often than not.
Old 2008-05-22, 02:26   Link #57
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I agree that its improper to use the term "Most Canon" as it doesn't work, as canon is canon. But, I think what this thread is asking is which pairing is "real?" or most likely to happen or has happened? At least thats what I got.
Old 2008-05-22, 10:46   Link #58
Vegard Aune

Orihime and Ichigo isn't an option? Even though she actually stated that she loved him? (Fine, this thread was made before that chapter came out, but it can't be that hard to add it, right?) I'd say that's the closest we're gonna get to a "canon pairing" in this series.
Old 2008-05-22, 14:54   Link #59
Hilarieho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Orihime and Ichigo isn't an option? Even though she actually stated that she loved him? (Fine, this thread was made before that chapter came out, but it can't be that hard to add it, right?) I'd say that's the closest we're gonna get to a "canon pairing" in this series.
I agree. At the moment, whilst there is a lot of debate about it, Orihime and ichigo are still the most implicitly stated possible pairing in Bleach.
I would have said renji and rukia were also a valid option...there is a lot of evidence to suggest that renji fancies Rukia a bit. The desire to impress her with his promotion to vice captain for example.
A lot of it is subject to opinion but yeah, this isn't a very fair poll if all the options arn't there.

Otherwise, i do agree with the majority...yoruichi and Urahara seem to have some kind of relationship. Does Yoruichi live with him in fact? At the very least she seems to stay in the Urahara shop at times which suggests something deeper than friendship.
There's also a scene i recall that got the cogs ticking. Yoruichi is sitting in her underwear in Uruhara's shop eating rice and Uruhara doesn't seem to react at all shocked or embarrased by this, suggesting (to me anyway) perhaps the sight of Yoruichi in her underwear is somethin he's used to seein
Their relationship strikes me like a couple that's been together for a long time. They seem to know everything about eachother. It's cute.

Gin and Matsumoto simply because of his parting words 'It would have been nice to have been captured a bit longer' to her when he left SS. They were touching, and suggest some kind of longing between the two.
Old 2008-05-22, 15:02   Link #60
ani_d

Where did you get the idea of IshidaxOrihime being canon? Sad to say, everything was just a delusion lol
Closed Thread