AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-04-23, 16:44   Link #301
The_Three_Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
So...when do you guys think we'll be seeing the second sky island arc? (assuming each character gets their own mini-arc and not just a short reference of what they went through)...

Ugh, I hope they wont make short references. That would be boring. I was hoping that each Straw Hat would get their own mini arc, each one ending with them at the Shabondy Archipelago. I wonder how Luffy is gonna meet back with his crew though. And Im interested in Nami's sky island arc. I hope she gets to power up. Im pretty sure she wouldnt make it through the New World with the Clima-Tact.
The_Three_Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 10:13   Link #302
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Three_Kings View Post
Ugh, I hope they wont make short references. That would be boring. I was hoping that each Straw Hat would get their own mini arc, each one ending with them at the Shabondy Archipelago. I wonder how Luffy is gonna meet back with his crew though.
Well, seeing as Luffy is with Jimbei now, there next stop should they successfully rescue Ace would most likely be Fishman island. Not only does Jimbei has prescence there, but Whitebeard has declared the area under his authority so its fairly safe ground.

That said though, the next arc would probably focus on all the Strawhats, excluding Luffy at that point, meeting up, as you said, on the Shabondy Archipelago.
That serves two purposes: we catch up with the Strawhats and we get yet another delay on seeing Fishman Island. Let's face it, you know Oda's trying to screw around with us on that.

Quote:
And Im interested in Nami's sky island arc. I hope she gets to power up. Im pretty sure she wouldnt make it through the New World with the Clima-Tact.
Imagine the Climatect outfitted like a three section staff, connected by those special "knots."
You remember her Tornado Tempo from Alabasta? 'Bout time for an upgrade I reckon'!

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 07:56   Link #303
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Imagine the Climatect outfitted like a three section staff, connected by those special "knots."
You remember her Tornado Tempo from Alabasta? 'Bout time for an upgrade I reckon'!
Hmmm that sounds pretty good.

All she has to do is throw the rods hard enough and break the knots, she can probably cause Thunderstorm, Blizzard and Fire Storm Tempo for a start.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 15:56   Link #304
ToshiroHitsugaya
Head Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo View Post
Actually I think Nami is waiting for Luffy to notice her just like some one stated above. I mean come on... what girl wouldn't want a stretching penis.
lol that is so true that is the biggest reason Nami wants Luffy

also look at it this way luffy loves his Hat and who on the crew holds his hat when he is fighting NAMI thats who. Plus they do get along really well(except when she hits him)

reason why she wont get with any other crew member

1 Broke - well he is dead so that kinda rules him out
2 chopper well he is an animal so unless she is in to bestiality it wont happen
3 Sanji this guys dumbs her the moment he sees anoth girl not really reliable and givin the fact that his advances only seem to piss her off it most likely wont happen
4 Robin - unless she is a lesbo an likes older women(robin is 28 nami is 18) it wont happen
5 Franky - 1 this guy is older(34) and is kinda weird(wears a speedo all the time) I dubt he will get any from Nami
6 Zoro - well he doesent seem Nami's type but I would say he has the best chance at getting some besides luffy
7 Usopp well he is just weird looking, a coward, kinda has that girl back home and has never shown more than a cremate/friend interst in Nami so I dont see this on happinig and to tell you the truth this would iss me off more than if she got with the dead guy(atleast then you can call her a necro and laugh) but usopp is just said

also if any of these guys had alot o money they could easily gey Nami in the sack(remeber the bath scene right befor the left alabasta Nami Should her body to the guys saying that it would cost the 100000 bel each) so I would say she might get in the sack for the right amount of gold.
ToshiroHitsugaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 23:31   Link #305
Strahan

I doubt there will ever be romance in One Piece, aside from tongue-in-cheek style (that sounds like a double entendre lol). I took a break from watching stuff for awhile, just getting caught up in OP. Just watched 397. Gotta say.. that shot of Nami around 9:47ish is just.. nice hehe.

Spoiler:
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 02:52   Link #306
Fate21
Kiyu~

Sometimes Namy's funny when her eyes turn into Berry
Fate21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 20:55   Link #307
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshiroHitsugaya View Post
I would say she might get in the sack for the right amount of gold.
If that were true Sanji'd have used up all of his life savings in an instant.
Old 2009-06-23, 15:02   Link #308
Rainbowman

If Nami is ever introduced to Emporio Ivankov, I bet he'll be playing matchmaker by implanting sexual love hormones in both Luffy and Nami so that they'd be with each other. Hope I'm not forcing the LuffyxNami relation like this too much.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 05:07   Link #309
Uncreativex

I'm kind of surprised to see that Nami, Usopp, Sanji and Zoro hasn't gotten devil fruits (yet.) At the start of the series I thought it was a prerequisite for strenght, and at least that Zoro would get one since seemingly his goal Mihawk has one, or atleast is speculated to have one by Don Krieg.
Uncreativex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 07:24   Link #310
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Yes, because whatever Don Krieg says is true.
Old 2009-06-24, 12:14   Link #311
Uncreativex

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Yes, because whatever Don Krieg says is true.
In general fiction, characters do not make remarks that are not the case. Besides, didn't he send some wave that cut through the entire ship even though he was 50 yards away in another boat?
Old 2009-06-24, 23:04   Link #312
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncreativex View Post
In general fiction, characters do not make remarks that are not the case. Besides, didn't he send some wave that cut through the entire ship even though he was 50 yards away in another boat?
Getting off topic aren't we? < "Naughty, naughty." Take this talk elsewhere unless there's anything more on Nami. Afterall this discussion thread is all about Nami.
Old 2009-06-25, 17:33   Link #313
Uncreativex

Not really. In general, the characters in shounen get "power ups" eventually. I'm thankful that OP isn't like many other animes where every battle reveals some Deus ex machina power, but OP is another of those "powerlevel" manga. After all, there's a strict rank system, with four pirate emperors, pirate king, many Marine ranks (Admiral, Vice-Admiral, Captain) and Shichibukai, Twelve Supernovas etc. I sincerely hope Usopp etc doesn't stay as pathetic for the whole series.

My previous comment was an attempt at furthering the argument that DFs are important in OP, but I've watched more now. What Mihawk did might well have been the same ridiculous "sword wind" that Zoro seems to use in his "x pound cannon" attacks or Doro and Broggy did to that "Island Eater" fish or something similar.
Old 2009-06-25, 20:48   Link #314
D Lusion AL

Quote:
I'm kind of surprised to see that Nami, Usopp, Sanji and Zoro hasn't gotten devil fruits (yet.) At the start of the series I thought it was a prerequisite for strenght, and at least that Zoro would get one since seemingly his goal Mihawk has one, or atleast is speculated to have one by Don Krieg.
I like the fact that they dont have devil fruits. It shows that you don't have to have one to be strong. I would say that of all the characters Zoro seems the least likely to eat one because of the fact that he wants to be the greatest swordsman in the world, no strings attatched. If he obtained a devils fruit power he'd be more defined by the devils fruit than that of his swordsmanship dont you think?
D Lusion AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 21:11   Link #315
Rainbowman

Quote:
Not really. In general, the characters in shounen get "power ups" eventually. I'm thankful that OP isn't like many other animes where every battle reveals some Deus ex machina power, but OP is another of those "powerlevel" manga. After all, there's a strict rank system, with four pirate emperors, pirate king, many Marine ranks (Admiral, Vice-Admiral, Captain) and Shichibukai, Twelve Supernovas etc. I sincerely hope Usopp etc doesn't stay as pathetic for the whole series.

My previous comment was an attempt at furthering the argument that DFs are important in OP, but I've watched more now. What Mihawk did might well have been the same ridiculous "sword wind" that Zoro seems to use in his "x pound cannon" attacks or Doro and Broggy did to that "Island Eater" fish or something similar.
Well don't make any discussions that would drift from the purpose of Nami's character thread.
Old 2009-06-25, 21:33   Link #316
D Lusion AL

Well moving on to nami, I think someone has metioned this before but she has developed tremendously throughout thier journey especially during the water 7 arch. With her "perfect clima-tact" she can now hold her own when fighting and doesnt constantly need to be protected by her crewmates. Personally, I love watching nami's fights because she cant really win by brute force like some of the other characters have the power to do. She is very strategic (Of course im not saying that Luffy or someone else isnt) she just has to depend only on that to win her battles. Well besides the weaklings she just zaps with lightning.

They had so much trouble with crocodile in the Arabasta arch, now Nami could probably wipe the floor with him.
D Lusion AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 11:00   Link #317
Watermaiden15

what episode is this from?

Watermaiden15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 11:44   Link #318
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lusion AL View Post
They had so much trouble with crocodile in the Arabasta arch, now Nami could probably wipe the floor with him.
What are you smoking? Crocodile would impale Nami long before she could even cast rainclouds. Even if she manages to do that in time, Crocodile would still impale her before she can cast lightning. And even if by some miracle she could pull off both moves, I really doubt Crocodile would be stopped by one lightning cloud or whatever it is that Nami uses to create lightning.

Crocodile is not someone you can take lightly, he is still a very dangerous opponent even if it would be against Luffy. Should the two have a rematch, it all depends if Luffy can neutralize Croc's devil fruit powers with something liquid. If he can't, I doubt even 2nd and 3rd gear are useful against something you can't hit. Now, rest of Luffy's options are manga spoilers. Speaking of manga, there's still a chance Nami is getting a powerup, I hope.
Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 18:37   Link #319
Uncreativex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
What are you smoking? Crocodile would impale Nami long before she could even cast rainclouds. Even if she manages to do that in time, Crocodile would still impale her before she can cast lightning. And even if by some miracle she could pull off both moves, I really doubt Crocodile would be stopped by one lightning cloud or whatever it is that Nami uses to create lightning.

Crocodile is not someone you can take lightly, he is still a very dangerous opponent even if it would be against Luffy. Should the two have a rematch, it all depends if Luffy can neutralize Croc's devil fruit powers with something liquid. If he can't, I doubt even 2nd and 3rd gear are useful against something you can't hit. Now, rest of Luffy's options are manga spoilers. Speaking of manga, there's still a chance Nami is getting a powerup, I hope.
You forget that Nami can use the rain cloud thing and pretty much instantly make Crocodile very vulnerable. And there is rarely not enough time to pull of a fancy move in manga. That said I believe Crocodile to be superior even now, especially with his reappearance. My honest opinion is that CP9/Lucci weren't stronger than Crocodile/Enel, but their power's nature was different. Speed and powerful attacks are pretty useless against a logia enemy that is virtually immortal, but the CP9 relied almost entirely on physical strength. I don't think it's a far stretch to say that Crocodile isn't much behind the current foes.

Back on Nami however, she'd probably wipe the floor with people like Arlong, but I don't think there's anyone in the entire OP universe who'd have an "easy" win against any Shichibukai.
Old 2009-07-12, 07:18   Link #320
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Back on Nami however, she'd probably wipe the floor with people like Arlong, but I don't think there's anyone in the entire OP universe who'd have an "easy" win against any Shichibukai.

There's no way in hell Nami can ever beat Arlong...
Name is not even a fighter... so how can she beat Arlong???
Everyone in the crew has their strengths... fighting isn't one of Nami's...
But she's given a weapon just incase it comes down to it...
But even then... the weapon that she has would still be useless against Arlong...
I am however, curious to see what kind of power-up Nami gets...
I wouldn't be surprised if Usopp gave her a weapon to fight with later on in the series...
Like he did with the one she got now
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote