AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-13, 08:36   Link #8581
Soji

^ True .But to make AA have that kind of reaction,I think we can assume that whatever that power is and whatever AA know it's something you can't take lightly.
I don't think he would act that way if Yamada power is not something dangerous or that he know that can be hard to deal with.I mean ....chip or not chip I still find strange that AA chose to retire instead to try to take Blade body. I mean ,Blade body was always one of the thing that AA want most with the Chip. So why don't try to take blade as well? the only answer that come on my mind he don't want deal with the 3 of them (even if one of them had just awakened to needless).
I really hope that in the ch of this month we see AA thought ,because they can give us clue on what Yamada trully is.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 08:59   Link #8582
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

@Adan
Well I agree pretty much with everything, I also thought that the chip was probably blocking Yamadas fragment somehow.
If I have to say something it's that it's not a 100% requirement for Eden seed/apple it's only, a mean to awaken the true power of the fragment not for it to just awaken (otherwise how do you explain needless who never came in contact with Eden seed/apple at all?).
The point about when Yamada received Eden seed/apple is also a thing to think about, he could receive it from Eve when she was reviving him like you said or when Arclight exploded, or get a double dose.
It's certain that Eden seed/apple stimulated his dormant fragment, as we saw Yamada do things normal humans can't, but the problem was the chip...

And about whether Arclight knows or not knows what Yamadas fragment is.
His comment about Yamadas eyes can be seen in two ways:
1) He knew what fragment it is.
2) He just pointed out an anomaly.
If it's 1 it, I really hate Arclight cause he knows and we don't, but it must be a powerful fragment for Arclight to show such a reaction.
If it's 2 well that means his true shock lines in the fact that he(or anyone else for that matter) doesn't know what the hell that fragment is(it seems that the Simion or/and 666 has all the knowledge about about Second's powers) which means that Yamada has a power that not even the Second possessed, which also means that Arclight(and Blade) wont be able to learn it.
Well it also might something to do with Arca's final words? Maybe "Don't tell me you are..." was about to end with "Right/Left hand of god"
It's just that I think that The Right and Left hand of god are two most powerful needless seconded only by the Second Christ.
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 01:02   Link #8583
Xiammes

Been rereading earlier chapters, somethings have been coming to my attention.

Spoiler for Needless:
Xiammes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 11:16   Link #8584
yuzen003

Just throwing out a random guess, maybe Cruz permanently steals powers. Arclight asked "what the hell did you do?" so it doesn't seem to be something he's encountered before but he didn't try to forcibly learn it via Byakugou. If he's worried about having other powers stolen it would be a good reason for Arclight to back off rather then launch another attack. It would also be a good reason to seal it if you are Arca because you would be at risk for power loss by being around him.

Basically an evolved Zero where instead of copying skills it takes them outright.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 11:48   Link #8585
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I'm sure Arclight is unaccustomed to having his powers countered, given his belief that he is a god. He probably expected Blade, somewhat, but not some runt who was not supposed to have any power let alone something that could possibly harm him.

Remember that Zero comes with some weaknesses, notably that just because you can learn a power doesn't mean you can use it. If it wasn't for Saten feeding hints to everyone, his Wave attacks would likely remain a complete mystery. As it is, Blade can't use the actual attack, just the principle behind it (thanks to Yamada).
Old 2012-04-15, 11:53   Link #8586
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I'm sure Arclight is unaccustomed to having his powers countered, given his belief that he is a god. He probably expected Blade, somewhat, but not some runt who was not supposed to have any power let alone something that could possibly harm him.

Remember that Zero comes with some weaknesses, notably that just because you can learn a power doesn't mean you can use it. If it wasn't for Saten feeding hints to everyone, his Wave attacks would likely remain a complete mystery. As it is, Blade can't use the actual attack, just the principle behind it (thanks to Yamada).
I think that might be a weakness in Blade's ability and not the Zero fragment in general. Back in the "memory" arc when he still had Doppelganger, he learned it easily with no explanation from Saten.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 12:15   Link #8587
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I think that might be a weakness in Blade's ability and not the Zero fragment in general. Back in the "memory" arc when he still had Doppelganger, he learned it easily with no explanation from Saten.
That's true. My bigger point was that Arclight was probably more likely to show fear based on the fact that Cruz isn't supposed to be kicking ass, and he couldn't really regain the upper hand since Blade showed up right after. I'm hoping we get some explaining from both sides in the next few chapters, since it's clear that Cruz's awakening means something important enough to keep away from him and the readers.

Cruz's deduction ability is a bit of a Mary Sue though. I always thought if he were to awaken a power, it would be something that would affirm the obvious strength he had: his intellect. I didn't think it would happen because someone literally picked at his brain....
Old 2012-04-15, 15:08   Link #8588
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Actually, I'm not sure whether its Blade or Zero that was the problem. Sure, Saten said Blade should have the same specs as Arclight during the Memory Arc but Blade did have trouble learning learning the Fourth Wave.

In Chapter 83, Blade asks Saten what ability he has and why he is having trouble learning it.
Blade didn't learn it until Saten smashed his head against his and told him to take his power at the end of Chapter 86.
In Chapter 87, Saten gave Blade the directions to use the Fourth Wave by shooting it.
Lastly, Saten comments on how he thought Blade could fully use it if he had the Stigmata (meaning he still wasn't to the level of Arclight or at least what he thought Blade could do).

Those lead me to believe it could either be Blade or Zero that was the problem. It really is up to interpretation but I agree with Solace that there are some weaknesses to Zero.
Old 2012-04-15, 15:13   Link #8589
Soji

I think was both the zero fragment and blade fault. but i can be wrong here.

Last edited by Soji; 2012-04-15 at 17:48.
Old 2012-04-16, 02:12   Link #8590
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Remember that the Memory Arc Blade was a kid so expecting him to be on Arclight's level is a bit...
+ Arclight has taken part of the original Second so he should be stronger then Blade even if Blade didn't sacrifice part of his brain for Eve just the distance would have been shorter.
So I think that at fault was Blade for being young, Zero was at it's best that time.
Old 2012-04-16, 11:03   Link #8591
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzen003 View Post
Just throwing out a random guess, maybe Cruz permanently steals powers. Arclight asked "what the hell did you do?"...
Oh, that's an interesting idea. Looking at that page again, Arclight's reaction does seem a little out of proportion. OK, he wasn't expecting Cruz to display a fragment, but it shouldn't have come as that big a surprise, given that big sister had one. (Especially if it was that same one Cruz was using.) Wouldn't you expect his response to be more like "So you had a fragment after all... but can it counter THIS!?" - as he prepares to employ some other power and crush Cruz like a bug.

Also, what happened to Arclight's Agnishwattas? He's holding out his hand, but nothing's coming out. And on the next page, we see Cruz thinking "The flames were blown away!!" Is Agnishwattas really so easily extinguished...?
Old 2012-04-16, 12:47   Link #8592
ShadowsAsgard

Quote:
Also, what happened to Arclight's Agnishwattas? He's holding out his hand, but nothing's coming out. And on the next page, we see Cruz thinking "The flames were blown away!!" Is Agnishwattas really so easily extinguished...?
Good catch - IIRC Agnishwattas works by directly accelerating molecules, giving it both intense heat and extremely high penetration power. It's not something that can be simply extinguished like a regular fire or Teruyama's fragment. Speaking of which, does anyone else find it odd that Teruyama's fragment is considered powerful enough to have a stigmata? It's not a Missing Link fragment and Agnishwattas already fills the flame niche.
ShadowsAsgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 16:03   Link #8593
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Heat and fire are different. Think of it like a microwave versus a flamethrower.
Old 2012-04-16, 17:27   Link #8594
Homura7

And how powerful is the fragment is meaningless. Teruyama being one of the Stigmata holders means that his Flame contains one of the elements of the Second Christ.

And I've just made some rereading, and guess what?

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 17:32   Link #8595
Soji

Adan@ * he created fire and water a will*
That's what you mean right?
Wait...don't this mean that the water girl(the one kill by sestuna and co if i remember right) will have a stigmata as well.
Old 2012-04-16, 17:44   Link #8596
Homura7

^Yup. This makes Nanami potential holder of a Stigmata.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 18:09   Link #8597
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
^Yup. This makes Nanami potential holder of a Stigmata.
Could also be Hatfield with Rain Maker but I understand your point.

Kinda curious if Kafka has one as well or at least knows of one. Check out his rather strange reaction here:
Spoiler:

His response at the end, after learning about Stigmata, seems to indicate he's seen it before. Maybe not on himself but somewhere.
Old 2012-04-16, 22:18   Link #8598
yuzen003

If the second Christ's feats are hints of stigmata holders then couldn't Mio have a stigmata? The image of "moving enormous rubble with one arm" shows the second Christ doing that physically so it may be using Power.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 23:37   Link #8599
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

If we think about it all needless have a chance of having stigmata, some even may have died before their powers fully matured like fodder(as seen in Uten's the brat) they seem to aim to fill the 12 spots they don't need more.
Old 2012-04-17, 00:07   Link #8600
Skieth

I've been waiting to see who has the fragment that can heal and cure disease. Doppleganger can heal, but that scene makes it sound like it's a separate power entirely. For a while I thought it might have been Cruz since he has never fought anybody, but that seems unlikely now. Whoever turns out to have that fragment would certainly be a candidate to have a stigmata.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzen003 View Post
If the second Christ's feats are hints of stigmata holders then couldn't Mio have a stigmata? The image of "moving enormous rubble with one arm" shows the second Christ doing that physically so it may be using Power.
Yeah that's most definitely the power fragment he's using. I'm almost afraid of the idea of Mio manifesting a stigmata, just because i'm afraid she might start looking like Blade after her strength increase.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen