AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-16, 08:01   Link #61
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Anyway my entry goes to Tales of Legendia.
Haha, how could I forget this!
<- see username
Old 2011-01-16, 09:54   Link #62
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
Counter Strike:Source
When I played it for about 3 years, I liked it a lot.
But most people and on many forums Source is bashed and mainly everyone agrees that CS 1.6 pretty much is better than CS: Source.
Ah, I agree with you. I also think that CS: Source is better than 1.6 not because of the graphics, but more of the revised gameplay mechanics
Old 2011-01-16, 10:44   Link #63
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Anyway my entry goes to Tales of Legendia.
Oh my god, this really brings back memories...You know, I also didn't like this game at all when I first played the game. When it reached character's development after saving Shirley, the game becomes awesome

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 17:12   Link #64
Dcmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I don't remember this game get that many bad reviews or critics or the like, doesn't it?
Most of the reviews I've seen all say it's better than Dynasty Warriors, but it still sucks. I usually see a 6 out of 10.
Dcmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 00:21   Link #65
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcmac View Post
I guess I like a few:

Valkyria Chronicles - Critics sure like it, but nobody I know does. It's so unappreciated.
For some reason it reminds me of this time in middle school when I got the school newspaper, I went to the game section and they gave Street fighter 4 a lower score than the basket ball game, but you know what was ridiculous one of the ratings was story and they gave an nba game a higher rating on story than SF4, I was thinking WTF

But the guys who made it are Xbox fanboys and don't know what a good game is

PS I don't hate Xbox, just people who say it's better cause it has "better" games and better graphics, when it's not even that much of a difference from PS3, well not extremely different
Old 2011-01-18, 01:07   Link #66
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

The Punisher Videogame (XBOX), Everyone said it was bad but I really liked it.
Old 2011-01-18, 01:40   Link #67
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Another one for me is the Viewtiful Joe series. It was well-received by critics but very badly overlooked by consumers, so the series coming from the creator of Devil May Cry obviously didn't mean a whole lot to them.

The only game in the series I didn't really enjoy was Red Hot Rumble. I was expecting a fighting game but when I played it, it turned out being a party game/fighting game hybrid. Big disappointment. Double Trouble was okay, but I found it a little tedious and the touch screen commands a little annoying.

It's a shame there won't be any more installments considering Clover Studios disbanded. I really wanted to see the 3rd game of the 3 that were planned. Guess I'll just have to live with the first 2.

(Also the series' soundtrack is one of my favorites. Capcom usually seems to do a good job with their series' music often though.~)

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-01-18 at 01:59.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 09:16   Link #68
caddyalan

I have this love-hate relationship with the SNES RPG Paladin's Quest. First, I feel that I shouldn't like it for several reasons:

- It's kind of a hand-me-down version of Dragon Quest 5. Same character recruitment system, similar general gameplay.

- The graphics look like Yellow Submarine on a bad day.

- Most of the music is unimpressive.

- The game drags on and on.

- The game's magic is often useful, but every spell requires sacrificing hit points.

- Too many abbreviations. What is a "Lth h"? Better have an instruction manual or an FAQ/walkthrough, because the game doesn't say.

And despite all these problems, I replay the game every now and then.
caddyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 16:20   Link #69
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
Godhand- hater critics couldn't get past the first stage and bashed

Metroid Other M- X-Play's worst review ever

Xplays review

Metroid + story= sexist and bad game

It was no where near horrible

Persona games imo aren't really hated a lot, there more fans than haters if you ask me
Yeah I read the reviews for the game online. Ooh they were brutal. Too bad because I am a huge fan of the Metroid Prime series. But I figured that if it has Metroid in the title it can't be that bad. I know a lot of people hated it unfortunately.
Old 2011-01-27, 16:24   Link #70
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Battletoads NES!

How can you hate this game? Oh right...it was almost impossible. "Almost" being the keyword - I actually legitimately beat this game without using cheats or warps. Took me bloody 10+ years though.

Still, this game was insanely fun.

Old 2011-02-27, 01:25   Link #71
Sixfeetstar

The Last Remnant had flaws but was madly underrated by Critics (IGN And a bunch of others)
Seriously if you get through the little things it a great game
Old 2011-02-28, 20:11   Link #72
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Samurai Warriors - I'm a sucker for this hack and slash style, such huge battles.
I suppose I join you in this subject as well I just loved Samurai Warriors and was completely addicted to it.
Old 2011-02-28, 20:49   Link #73
xl_Legit_lx
Destruction by Carnage
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via MSN to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via Yahoo to xl_Legit_lx
Spiderman Series Games (not ones based off the movie)
They are usually pretty underrated. I enjoy them a lot, mainly because I'm a fan of Spiderman

Halo Series
People seem to have a problem with Halo for some damn reason...and I don't know why...either sheilds or game-play or w.e
xl_Legit_lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 09:49   Link #74
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Michael Jackson The Experience for the 360.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 11:23   Link #75
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Just started Ryu Ga Gotoku Kenzan. I never tried the Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku series but for some reason Kenzan really got my attention since its about Miyamoto Musashi instead of Japan's modern criminal underworld.

Anyway I have to say that I've played the demo for Yakuza 3 and 4, and I can NOT fathom why people would even enjoy this game. Absolutely none of my friends care for this game, and all of them think I'm absolutely retarded for purchasing it even at a dirt cheap price. No critics in the west give a shit about this game.

I have to say...the gameplay is seriously outdated, and there are many design choices that is incredibly dumbfounded and outdated. However there are things where this game shines, the way the story is presented as well as its script is very well done. The script doesn't present any Japanese Anime cliches or cringes, which dominates a lot of modern Japanese game stories even big titles like FF13. The battle system in theory should be similar to Batman Arkham Asylum...in theory only. You mash square or triangle, wait to counter or block until you have done enough combos you can do some special moves. Needless to say Batman uses a very similar formula, in fact much more simple too, but was presented in a much more appealing manner. In Kenzan you don't unlock any of the special moves until half way of the game, which means you have to just mash your way for the first half of the game and occasionally stabbing a guy on the floor or behind a door. I also feel like the game is absolutely horrible at pacing, it's like they have a story that they really want to tell and they just splice in some forced combat in between cutscenes. Essentially it goes like this animated cutscene > voiced cutscene > battle > voiced cutscene > animated cutscene > battle > voiced cutscene > animated cutscene > battle > very short adventure element > voiced cutscene > animated cutscene > rinse and repeat. I notice most of the adventure stuff comes in later, but honestly I'm not a big fan of prostitute mini-games anyway.

With all that said, the reason why I decided to mention this game is because although it's gameplay DOES fall short in all categories, it's story does not, and it deserves a mention here because i actually genuinely enjoy the story. It definitely gives me an urge to try Yakuza 4 or The End.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 11:36   Link #76
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

World of Warcraft - I still play it. I casually farm hardmode raids with my friends. A lot of people hate it and wish it would be replaced by something else. A lot of companies try to overthrow the game and fail.

Ar Tonelico (series) - Critics hate this series. However I cannot stop laughing and blushing at the innuendos.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 12:12   Link #77
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

can I say the opposite? if so, Bayonetta

but really *puts on bullet proof armor*

Devil may Cry 2
Old 2011-05-10, 14:47   Link #78
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I cannot understand how someone can LIKE DMC2. Even I, a hardcore DMC fan hated myself for playing it, had to get some therapy with the original DMC after I was done
As for me, I really like Dynasty Warriors 7, what with the co-op and all, and the story's very nice. When taking into account that the last DN I had played was DN2 some odd 8 years ago, I was pleasantly surprised with this one. The critics, on the other hand... 5.6 on Gamespot
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 23:37   Link #79
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I cannot understand how someone can LIKE DMC2. Even I, a hardcore DMC fan hated myself for playing it, had to get some therapy with the original DMC after I was done
As for me, I really like Dynasty Warriors 7, what with the co-op and all, and the story's very nice. When taking into account that the last DN I had played was DN2 some odd 8 years ago, I was pleasantly surprised with this one. The critics, on the other hand... 5.6 on Gamespot
Most of the fans are very pleased with this entry though. Apparently it's the only entry that actually follows the story of Three Kingdoms for the first time all the way up to the forming of the next dynasty. Pretty neat if you know the history yourself, and if you don't you'll learn something.

I'm more of a Basara guy myself, but I've been eye-ing this game for a while now, waiting for the price to drop.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 23:41   Link #80
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
I guess I like a few:

Sengoku Basara - It's really similar to the Warriors games

[.
I dont think Sengoku Basara got bad reviews >_>