AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-01, 02:05   Link #201
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Oooo, Episode 1 preview screenshots are out!

http://anime-kyokai.com/story/01/
Old 2013-10-01, 11:40   Link #202
whitecloud

shouldn't we move this to current series already..? its gonna start tomorrow anyway....

anyway...the preview look nice..it looks like the quality of graphic is on hyouka level, but we need to watch the episode to actually watch the detail to be sure....
Old 2013-10-01, 12:36   Link #203
Birdway
Banned

lol at dem legs

Btw, I don't remember those characters, perhaps Kyoani if pulling the Chuu2byo with original anime characters again?...

EDIT:
Quote:
Yuri Yamaoka as Ai Shindō, the original anime character who lives with Ayaka Shindō

Naomi Shindoh as Ayaka Shindō, an underworlder who knows Akihito's secret

Akeno Watanabe as Shizuku Ninomiya, an underworlder intermediary with the literature club

Moe Toyota as Sakura Iha, the original anime character deeply linked with Mirai

Masaya Matsukaze as Miroku Fujima of the underworlder society

Ayako Kawasumi as Izumi Nase, the oldest sister in the Nase family
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 17:16   Link #204
LKK

Crunchyroll has the stream under the name Beyond the Boundary.
Quote:
...starts tomorrow Wednesday October 2, at 9:30am Pacific Time. ... available to Crunchyroll audiences in North America.
[Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 17:59   Link #205
Kirarakim

Oh thank god, I was almost thinking no one was going to stream this.

Well with this announcement CR has all the shows I was interested in. I am pleased.
Old 2013-10-02, 11:01   Link #206
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 11:51   Link #207
rulfo

Spoiler for OP and ED:

SO GOOD. Definitely fell in love with the concept of the ED. I wonder who came up with it. All I gotta say.. Ishidate has damn good tastes with the OP and ED.
Old 2013-10-02, 12:00   Link #208
Miraluka
Banned

OP: Nice and fluid animation, the song... not my taste.

ED: Generic visuals you can find anywhere but the song is catchy.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 12:13   Link #209
rulfo

I can't agree with the generic visual since most of the shows I watched, the ED becomes the most neglected of all. Most often it's a slide show bonanza.
Old 2013-10-02, 12:23   Link #210
erika4dsl

The animation was beautiful of course.
Mirai is absolutely adorable, but I can tell she's also going to be absolutely badass!
And Akihito is such a nice and funny guy, definitely a great main character so far.
I'm loving this show so far and I can already tell it's going to be one of my favorites.
Can't wait for next week's episode
erika4dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 13:27   Link #211
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Not impressed. First ep of Chuunibyo was more interesting. I still prefer to be optimistic but I fear this would turn into another pretty but boring and "empty" series like K-On 2 and Hyouka were.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 13:35   Link #212
Tranhieu

Quite ok for the first episode, I was more impressed with Hyouka and Chu2byou's 1st episodes though. Tbh Mirai is a bit bland on the personality side, looks like Kyoani tried to maximize her moe-ness without emphasizing on her character development. Well we might see more in the next episodes but Rikka is way more impressive.

Oh the OP is pretty good btw, the 1st one to go in my favorite list this season, expect no less from Kyoani.

Last edited by Tranhieu; 2013-10-02 at 19:32.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 13:42   Link #213
MCAL

First off: Dat opening.
Second off: The premise has much potential, despite not being completely original, but I'd be lying if I said the premiere really hooked me. And most attempts at humor fell flat for me. Here's hoping Kyo-Ani can shed their less desirable tendencies and deliver their next Hyouka.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 13:59   Link #214
sikvod00

Yeah, the humor was unimpressive. I wasn't expecting this show to make me laugh out loud , but the banter scenes with the MC and the club member/childhood friend had me rolling my eyes, thinking hurry up and get to the next scene. I doubt Kyo-Ani is looking for this to be on the level of Hyouka though, so I fully expect their less desirable tendencies will stay. But dat blood, yo....so gorgeous. The action scenes were very fluid and vibrant too. The animation staff will certainly flex their muscles with this series (again, not like Hyouka). Also, those glasses are so hipsterish. It wouldn't surprise me if the girl doesn't even need them, lol.

I apologize to everyone for using the h word.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 13:59   Link #215
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Mirai-chan is a cutie pie. The visuals have a strange 'Hyouka-meets-Kokoro Connect' feel, and things are somewhat interesting so far. Hoping this will hit the heights by the end.
Old 2013-10-02, 14:21   Link #216
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Oy, the "on-the-fence" reactions I'm hearing so far is not really brimming me with confidence.

I won't be able to watch the first episode legally until next week, but I want to stay in good faith that there's still room for improvement, right? I still hope for high sales in the long run.

Last edited by darkchibi07; 2013-10-02 at 14:39.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 14:24   Link #217
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Excellent beginning. Story told with economy and taste. Characters each have their own feel. The humour was not meant to be laugh-out-loud, just an undercurrent of smiling irony to leaven the blood. Not unlike Hyouka, which was an outstanding show, for me. Animation was in the upper reaches of KyoAni animation, which is very high indeed.

I look forward to hearing Mirai's changes reflected in the tones of Taneda Risa's voice, which I found interesting and enjoyable. (See avatar and sig.) This is the most loli-esque voice I've heard from her. Good contrast/fit with the character design. Mirai is a more subtle character than Rikka. So be it.

The OP is the most I have enjoyed Chihara Minori's singing. Liked her portrayal of the childhood friend, as well.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 15:17   Link #218
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Mirai was just so adorkable.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 15:23   Link #219
Rogue66

Interesting first episode.

looks like it could be a good watch.
Rogue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 15:27   Link #220
LKK

Thoroughly enjoyed the show. Laughed out loud several times. I love the boy's sardonic personality. I don't normally care for the physical klutz routine, but Mirai makes it work for me. I'm curious to learn more about how the three groups (humans, spirit world warriors, and youma) interact.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blood magic, demons, seinen, supernatural, tragic past