AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-05-17, 15:16   Link #81
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
If you're going to start talking about the twitter tweets and manga please spoiler your posts properly. Some of us aren't, and can't follow those things. Besides it's forum policy.
Old 2019-05-17, 15:52   Link #82
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
If you're going to start talking about the twitter tweets and manga please spoiler your posts properly. Some of us aren't, and can't follow those things. Besides it's forum policy.
Its not really a spoiler to tell you the manga is a prequel.

It is a spoiler to tell you

Spoiler for speculative prequel manga potential spoilers:

Last edited by Cao Ni Ma; 2019-05-17 at 19:03.
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-17, 16:52   Link #83
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
No, but if you're comparing events in the anime with events that happen outside of it, like in a prequal manga, that comparison is supposed to be put behind spoiler tags, and properly labeled. Forum policy.
Old 2019-05-23, 16:50   Link #84
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Reo is angry because he considers the resurrected Mabu to just be a pale copy of the original who cares more about his otter masters than him, while Mabu is doing the best he can to get closer to the real Mabu for the sake of his most precious person, which is obviously Reo. Reo is severely misunderstanding Mabu.

I figured Enta was behind the soccer ground getting trashed, but I didn't think he'd go as far as stealing the hope dishes. Earlier in the episode, we were shown that Reo had apparently pinpointed the location of Keppi so I thought it was him. The more we find out about Enta, the more I hate him. He was pretending to be all nice to Toi too. What an asshole!
What I don't really get is why Enta went for the Shirikodama. He should have known the other two would find out his secret.

On the other hand, now that he's gone back to normal, Kazuki is a lot more likable. Although he hasn't returned the cat to its owner nor did he address Enta's feelings, so I wonder if he's really that nice.
Old 2019-05-23, 22:24   Link #85
Wandering Soul

It was pretty obvious that Kenta would get jealous of Kazuki inviting Toi to join the team with them, I just didn't think he would go that far. I guess in hindsight he was a bit too nice to Toi, but that whole "I want to help you because Kazuki wants to" speech fooled me.
Old 2019-05-23, 23:07   Link #86
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Ningyouyaki, broccli, air conditioner...
Stop it Ikuhara, stop breaking my heart with these small details....!!

Fruit of fate, I need some fruit of fate!
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-24, 11:24   Link #87
ele-ene-ene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I can't believe Kazuki actually managed to fool all those people.

...if Kazu and Sara were biological brother and sister that would solve this apparent paradox.

ele-ene-ene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-30, 15:48   Link #88
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now we know how Reo and Mabu can get away with killing people this easily. Instant brainwash pin.

Toi's previous connection to Kazuki felt unnecessary to me, but we'll see where they'll take it. I did find it deliciously ironic that the micanga Enta felt represented his bond with Kazuki was originally Toi's.
Old 2019-05-30, 16:08   Link #89
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

So the episode pretty much confirmed that Sara know what her dads are doing?
Now I can't shake of the feeling that accident is intentional.
Old 2019-05-30, 22:44   Link #90
zztop

Ikuhara talks about loss being a central theme in his works, & connects it to today’s Japanese socio-cultural context.

Quote:
(My characters are)base(d)…on the idea of loss…As the character’s loss becomes more apparent, other characters who have also lost something become drawn to them, and they come to understand each other through their mutual feelings of loss.”

(This mutual loss is a key motif of Japan’s current era…)the Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami is the biggest (national tragedy) event that Japanese people experienced in the post-war (and connects us together)…it’s often said that new things are good, or that it’s better to forget the past, or that the future is sparkling. But in the end, I think that there are things that you don’t want to forget, or that you mustn’t forget. There’s no future in just forgetting. I’m sure that the future coexists with loss.”

(Tohoku taught us).. we can’t take our lives for granted. The material world ended right there. But even so, I want to reaffirm that we’re alive. My desire is to search for a way.”
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...hquake/.147159
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-31, 01:52   Link #91
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Re watching the episode again, I am loving this show even more.
There is no better entertainment than watching defective people hurting each other.

Despite all the horrible thing Enta did, I have no sympathy for Kazuki at all.
Kazuki is totally not self aware how psychopathic he is. No matter how much he act as if he is trying to help Toi, in the end he is still doing it just for himself.
Old 2019-06-06, 16:02   Link #92
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chikai really was a bad person, but he truly cared about Toi. The only good things he ever did were for him. I wonder if Toi will be able to accept his death or if he'll want the dishes of hope to bring him back. I can't imagine him sacrificing Enta, though. Toi is the polar opposite of his brother, a genuinely good guy who did bad things for him. Still best boy by far.

The Reo and Mabu drama reached its peak, with Reo seeing himself NTR'd by... himself.

Only two episodes left.
Old 2019-06-07, 01:40   Link #93
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Tsuda's acting this episode is absolutely superb. I am speechless here.
But what's Toi going to do from now on. The poor boy parted way from his friends for his bro, but now his bro is dead too.
If he too join the race for the dish to revive the dead; I can only see things gets even uglier as if it wasn't already ugly enough.

But Reo... you just no... this is like biggest flag among everything so far in this show.
Old 2019-06-07, 10:36   Link #94
Cao Ni Ma

I dont think Toi will want to bring back his bro, its too late for him in several ways.

Reo is very similar to Chikai and he might have crossed too many lines to be redeemable. But the show needs someone that crosses from desire to love and he's the most obvious candidate.

The show did demonstrate that their are golden dishes that can instantly grant a wish thats pretty much the way to solve two issues in one episode. 5 silver dishes to save Enta, and a gold dish to save Mabu maybe.
Old 2019-06-09, 12:04   Link #95
ele-ene-ene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao Ni Ma View Post
I dont think Toi will want to bring back his bro, its too late for him in several ways.

Reo is very similar to Chikai and he might have crossed too many lines to be redeemable. But the show needs someone that crosses from desire to love and he's the most obvious candidate.

Will Chiaki be saved by the Otter Empire in exchange for Tai's soul?

ele-ene-ene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-10, 09:44   Link #96
Cao Ni Ma

I dont think Toi would take that sort of deal and it would sort sort of be a retread of Kazuki's arc. And not only that, it would make Chikai's sacrifice meaningless.
Old 2019-06-13, 15:59   Link #97
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Reo has done too much selfish and awful shit for me to care about him, but I'm really sad about Mabu. Mabu disappeared from the world but a pendant or whatever remained, so he and Reo may not be dead.

So Otter took in Reo and Mabu with the plan to turn Reo into the perfect vessel for despair/darkness but it turns out Toi works just as well? Dunno what to think about that.
Old 2019-06-13, 16:50   Link #98
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

For those who did not follow the Reo/Mabu twitter and did not watch the episode real time... is all too late now.

Ikuhara you monster. Who would have guessed that you started the twitter account just to crush our heart like this.

Wait, huh wha? Even Mabu's last words are gone!?!?!?
Eh? Ha? Ikuhara, your own memory too!?!?!? No, NONONONONO!!!!!!
Old 2019-06-20, 16:58   Link #99
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Most of it probably went over my head, but that was a decent ending. I liked that not everything was magically solved.

Good anime overall. No more, no less.
Old 2019-06-21, 02:45   Link #100
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

What is this? A happy end?
Ikuhara did a happy end for real!? Really!?
That man actually understands what conventional happy end is, and is able to produce it!?