AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-12-01, 18:39   Link #361
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
PV3!

PV Director: Miyamoto Yukihiro (Bakemonogatari ep1 episode director, Madoka Magica series director)
Animation Character Designer: Nakamura Naoto (PV1 character designer)
PV1 and PV3 style is definitely the best one.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 06:02   Link #362
Westlo
Lets be reality

Is there an actual anime for Prism Nana or is this thread just SHINA DARK mk 2 (also by SHAFT as I just noticed lol).
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 06:17   Link #363
tsunade666

^Prism Nana is an actual anime right? then why compare it to shinna dark which doesn't happen and even the manga was forgotten and no continuation.

I don't understand the comparison.

The pv 3 is good.
Old 2012-12-02, 06:35   Link #364
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^Prism Nana is an actual anime right? then why compare it to shinna dark which doesn't happen and even the manga was forgotten and no continuation.

I don't understand the comparison.

The pv 3 is good.
I'm making the comparison because I'm seeing a lot of people saying that Prism Nana is just these PVs for the moment and no actual anime has been confirmed. Considering Sirn's knowledge of SHAFT I'm sure to get a correct answer asking here... I mean c'mon you're not even sure this is an anime, which is why the question is worth asking. Also Shina Dark was incorrectly announced to be an anime by Moonphase when all it was was a collection of music clips to be included with one of the manga tank. It also happened to be done by SHAFT, see the comparison?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 13:18   Link #365
Sol Falling

Having heard a bit more about the creative/productive process for this project, there's a chance that it's actually just a set of 7 PV's. The way they're going out of their way to hire young and upcoming animators, and giving them creative freedom to work individually on each PV in groups of two, kind of suggests this. Additionally, the fact that the "Nana" in Prism Nana seems to refer to the number of PV's is one of the more worrying factors (on the other hand, the magical girls also seem to be referred to as "Nana" themselves; Fire Nana, Earth Nana, etc.).

Obviously I think we'd prefer if it were actually a full anime, though. So until it gets confirmed one way or another, I'll hold out hope.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 18:56   Link #366
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Having heard a bit more about the creative/productive process for this project, there's a chance that it's actually just a set of 7 PV's.
Doesn't PV stand for "preview", which in turn is a teaser trailer, thus an advertisement for a bigger project in the future? Releasing a bunch of "PVs" for a product that doesn't exist would technically count as false advertising. In such a case, it would be a lot more accurate to call them animation shorts.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 19:17   Link #367
Sol Falling

Haha, I guess that's true, which means that my wording was wrong. Indeed, there's a possibility that what may be released will just be a series of seven ~1:30 to 3:00 minute shorts, those shorts ultimately being what have been confirmed/announced thus far. What PV could properly refer to would be the set of videos we have been shown thus far, namely the 30 second previews to the full music videos.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 19:28   Link #368
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Considering Sirn's knowledge of SHAFT I'm sure to get a correct answer asking here... I mean c'mon you're not even sure this is an anime, which is why the question is worth asking.
I'm sorry to disappointed you that I don't have a slightest idea what this one might be. Even Kikuta Kouichi (animator for PV2 and 3) mentioned in his Twitter he has no idea what the project is. Although I'm willing to bet my money on "it's going to be a real anime" at some point solely because of all plot implications (e.g. all the Tanabata stuff in character name, songs, some subtle revelation about Asuka's past in PV03) and partly wishful thinking...

The situation is (hopefully) different than SHINA DARK because this one doesn't have an original work to based on and considering this is done all-in-all by SHAFT (websites, promotion, etc.).
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 23:15   Link #369
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Doesn't PV stand for "preview", which in turn is a teaser trailer, thus an advertisement for a bigger project in the future?
PV as used by the Japanese actually stands for "promotional video" rather than preview, but yeah, it doesn't really change the meaning all that much.

OK, carry on...
Old 2012-12-03, 01:45   Link #370
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
PV as used by the Japanese actually stands for "promotional video" rather than preview, but yeah, it doesn't really change the meaning all that much.
Japan uses "PV" for music videos, too, so this could very well be just a collection of music videos.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 07:36   Link #371
tsunade666

the current discussion is depressing if it didn't actually turn into an anime which is sad. It actually look nice.
Old 2012-12-04, 09:12   Link #372
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
If it is just a series of PVs, that is depressing. And it has astounding amount of care and thought put into it for a series of PVs.

The basic character designs are no less intricate than those of the magical girls in Madoka Magica, and in fact have more variation in some ways. It's a shame for such well-designed characters to be pure promotional tools for PVs.

If Prism Nana is just a series of PVs, I hope that it's main trio might find themselves in a future Madoka Magica project at least.
Old 2012-12-04, 09:18   Link #373
sirn
田舎者言うな

2ch seems to confirm it is getting Pachinko machine in a name "Magical Suite Prism Nana TS" by DAXEL. Oh well, at least we got to know who's that "certain firm" Kubota-san mentioned in earlier interview.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 10:04   Link #374
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

More confirmation of the rumors.

Pachinko maker employee
twitter.com/NMI0066H/status/275848271996534784
twitter.com/NMI0066H/status/275897501683433472

Certificate number of the slot machine
http://www.vsearch.co.jp/entry/kentei/2012123-3.php
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 10:12   Link #375
tsunade666

so what? its a pv for a pachinko machine? seriously?
Old 2012-12-04, 10:43   Link #376
Dr. Casey

Wow. I can't tell when exactly anime trolled me harder; Endless Eight, or this.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 12:19   Link #377
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I can't understand why there is so much creative effort put into making characters, concepts and worlds for what are essentially Japanese pinball machines.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 13:02   Link #378
desrtsku
Nympholept

eh?! ... Pachinko?! ... and ironically it reminds me of that sketch from Zetsubou Sensei about backward flow (manga->pachinko/pachinko->manga). [/Shafted twice]
Old 2012-12-04, 13:15   Link #379
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
trolled in despair
Old 2012-12-04, 14:57   Link #380
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I think we can't conclude yet that this is all that will result, even if that's the starting point. There have certainly been anime made based on pachinko franchises before, and in the end it isn't so different from an original story except in the sense of who helped fund it.