AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-04-18, 12:04   Link #2381
LG-MAX 2.o
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
manga cover vol 2

Images
Ichigo l
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
This is what I call coincidence. hahahaha

bonus

NSFW
girls
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2018-04-18 at 19:58. Reason: Please use the new tags for images instead of the old spoiler tag (also use proper tags).
LG-MAX 2.o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 12:07   Link #2382
Sakuratsuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Yeah what a coincidence.
__________________
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 12:40   Link #2383
KPSJ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Looks like episode 16 is the start of the 2nd arc its so big and important the staff is all doing a rewatch of 1-15 with episode 16 coming out to theatres in Japan
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 13:22   Link #2384
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPSJ View Post
Looks like episode 16 is the start of the 2nd arc its so big and important the staff is all doing a rewatch of 1-15 with episode 16 coming out to theatres in Japan
wow this serie really looks like doing "pretty well" if it is going to have a theatre section.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 13:41   Link #2385
KPSJ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
wow this serie really looks like doing "pretty well" if it is going to have a theatre section.
4/27 is the rewatch for the VA then 4/28 should be episode 16 and it must be really big change... I wonder of it will fundamental change everything.
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 14:09   Link #2386
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 14:18   Link #2387
Funkatron
King of the Castle
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: TX
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
But it was I, Ichigo!
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 14:43   Link #2388
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Hiro was the heroine all along.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 14:46   Link #2389
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Someone on Reddit put together a decent theory: https://www.reddit.com/r/DarlingInTh..._indepth_look/
It's pretty much what I've been saying the entire time. Except as expressed by someone with a better grasp of communicating what they're thinking than myself (I really do suck at that). I do want to emphasize these two important paragraphs though.

Quote:
Zero Two is an objectively awful person. She's manipulative, abusive both emotionally and physically, and is a literal man-eater - as in she's a blatant serial killer. She is the yanderest yandere since Gasai Yuno herself. If her object of obsession wasn't the self-insert MC, if she was obsessed with a side character like fucking Zorome or Futoshi or something, if she didn't have pink hair, a cute fang and tits, she would undeniably, without a doubt, be ranked worst girl. She has had zero character development since the series began. She has acted the exact same way towards everybody, Hiro included, from episode 1 to episode 12.

All of this is intentional writing. We all fell for it, hook line and sinker. We, the viewers, are "darling", because Hiro is our self-insert.

And none of this is Zero Two's fault.
Quote:
So why do I think we're getting a happy ending? Didn't she just screw literally everything up and chase off the one person who loved her?

Because she knows when she's wrong. She doesn't dig in and fault the world around her, like a character doing an obvious heel turn would.

As soon as Hiro calls her a monster she knows he's right. She doesn't blame him, claim that this was all his fault or anything of the sort. She immediately - immediately! - assigns the blame to herself and internalizes it. That speaks volumes. You know how hard it is to admit you've shit the bed? And Zero Two has done this throughout the entire series. Despite APE being the source of most of her problems, she's never assigned blame to anyone but herself. She accepts responsibility for all of her actions, even if they weren't her fault to begin with. Her denied happiness wasn't because she and Hiro were chased across a frozen fucking wasteland by armed soldiers, it's because she wasn't "human" enough (and also because lol mindwipe).
I do agree with all of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I can't speak for others but when I said "When she began transforming, whatever fondness she had for Hiro was gone and all she really cared about was killing the Klax even if that meant sucking Hiro dry", I only used her transformation (started with the fangs) as a time signifier of when 02 started to treat Hiro like fodder, not some "other personality taking over"-excuse.
I didn't even realise you made such an argument. Anyway, it wasn't directed at you specifically, and it doesn't sound like your opinion even clashes with mine. It's just that I have absolutely no reason to believe that her transformation has had any real effect on her mind, and her behavior seems to be caused by the fear of becoming less and less human that has come with the recent increase in her horn size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
When you're a leader you don't play favorites.
Which means the safety of the team comes first, rather than pleasing Best Girl 02.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 15:03   Link #2390
HtwoN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Texas, US
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPSJ View Post
4/27 is the rewatch for the VA then 4/28 should be episode 16 and it must be really big change... I wonder of it will fundamental change everything.
I bet it's the start of the rebellion arc. That means the current drama should be resolved in the maximum of 2 episodes. Great.
HtwoN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 15:25   Link #2391
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
I bet it's the start of the rebellion arc. That means the current drama should be resolved in the maximum of 2 episodes. Great.
I wish. Too bad nobody bothered asking/telling trigger's staff about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Which means the safety of the team comes first, rather than pleasing Best Girl 02.
That sure worked at the end right?
Psst, your hate goggles are showing.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 16:14   Link #2392
IceHism
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I guess? What's Darling-esque about her other Stamen, though? They're basically lined up to die at the end of ep. 14, and from what we've seen once they do she's back to being on her own in Rampage mode. Focusing on number here is missing the point, IMO.
Who's talking about the ones shown in ep14? I'm wondering about stamen before Hiro became her stamen. There isn't a number to focus on since we know she's had a 100 or so of stamens before hiro. I just wanted to know if Hiro is the first one she would call darling and do all that other stuff in ep2. I imagine since it was self explanatory, someone would know? Anime superpower senses just isn't a very satisfying answer.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 16:19   Link #2393
HtwoN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Texas, US
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Who's talking about the ones shown in ep14? I'm wondering about stamen before Hiro became her stamen. There isn't a number to focus on since we know she's had 100s of stamens before hiro. I just wanted to know if Hiro is the first one she would call darling and do all that other stuff in ep2.
She never called the stateman right before Hiro darling in some scenes they had together. Thus I assume the answer is no unless there are proofs otherwise.
HtwoN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 16:25   Link #2394
Norn
Dazed and Confused
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Which means the safety of the team comes first, rather than pleasing Best Girl 02.
So many potshots
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 17:28   Link #2395
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I didn't even realise you made such an argument. Anyway, it wasn't directed at you specifically, and it doesn't sound like your opinion even clashes with mine. It's just that I have absolutely no reason to believe that her transformation has had any real effect on her mind, and her behavior seems to be caused by the fear of becoming less and less human that has come with the recent increase in her horn size.:
and this is where many peoples diagree with you, because i can see her transformation being part of that otherwise even now she could be acting much less reckless after he calmed her down, her transformation is clear affecing her not only physically but mentaly, this was clear specially when they told which her cels started to kick to much and she was about to "transform" in a monster which hiro somehow stopped when they mixed they minds, it was really affecting her.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 18:29   Link #2396
Twi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
It's pretty much what I've been saying the entire time. Except as expressed by someone with a better grasp of communicating what they're thinking than myself (I really do suck at that). I do want to emphasize these two important paragraphs though.
Same here. Even then there's no guarantee what you say will get to the other person.

Then again, if the backlash is this bad for one little incident where no one died, I can't imagine how badly it'll end when someone does. It doesn't help that since they paired Futoshi and Ikuno, both of whom got rejected by their respective love interests, in the same Franxx, I feel as thought they're going to be the first ones.
__________________
https://wandsandvials.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/an-alchemist-sets-out-1-01/
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 18:39   Link #2397
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
But it was I, Ichigo!
Does this mean Ichigo is going to kill papa and then become an inhuman monster? I wouldn't rule it out

Speaking of the monster and hiro, no one has made the connection with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iPwP-x1wsw
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 18:55   Link #2398
_Ninja_
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
But she called Hiro darling after only 1 ride. the best possible explanation for no i've seen is that she treated soldier 76 (The big white haired guy with the face mask) like shit but she has had literally 100 stamens before so im wondering why hiro is the first to be called that after 1 ride.
Because she liked how their first encounter went. He jumped in to save her and didn't treat her differently because of her horns. Also different from all the others their meeting was spontaneous. Hiro wasn't a volunteer specially prepared to ride with her and probably pumped with preconceived notions about her.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 18:59   Link #2399
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Does this mean Ichigo is going to kill papa and then become an inhuman monster? I wouldn't rule it out

Speaking of the monster and hiro, no one has made the connection with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iPwP-x1wsw
Inb4 9alpha has a drug to improve synchrony.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 20:55   Link #2400
KPSJ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Concept sketch for an upcoming newtype artpiece of DarliFra
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.