AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-04-22, 02:36   Link #2561
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 33
So I ask of you, would a complete whore who's only in it for the D have personally delivered Hiro to 02's doorstep after a 20 second rant from her partner?

And before anyone goes accusing me of "strawmanning". I am simply basing this on the fact that every single time I said "There's more to it than her wanting the D", I get dogpiled by a few people. If you are not one of these people, then this isn't about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
What I find annoying is your incessant need to assume that anybody sympathetic for ZeroTwo must only be doing so for shallow reasons. Stop with the keyboard psychiatry and get a grip.
I have absolutely 0 problems with people who are sympathetic towards 02. Who is strawmanning now?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Nobody on this forum called Ichigo a slut and nobody wants to listen to your whining about other forums.

Besides, the last episode did make it rather clear that her feelings for Hiro were a significant factor in keeping Hiro and ZeroTwo away from each other. We can tell because none of the other team members were as gung-ho about it and acted more out of loyalty to Ichigo than anything else. If Ichigo weren't in love with Hiro then she still probably would've want to keep ZeroTwo away but ultimately respect Hiro's decision to meet her, just like she forced herself to do in Episode 4. I certainly don't blame Ichigo for what she did though. In the grander scheme of things, she's placed a crappy situation making decisions she shouldn't have to make. The blame ultimately rests with the system they live under that pushes them to these points.
My argument was "She would not have acted this way if Hiro's life was not in danger.", not "She's not in love with Ichigo". Seriously, who is the strawman now?
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 02:38   Link #2562
Zangor17
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
At this point in the story its a pretty high chance that things are probably gonna shift tone wise. Id imagine Papa and the majority of APE are going to become the true threat to our heroes. Their status as an experimental unit with less brainwashing and ties to the corrupt system will allow them and possibly the survivors of whats left of plantation 13 (Nana Hachi and even Dr. Franxx seemed surprised and disturbed at what was going on) to become some kind of counter to the council. Honestly if the show does something different with all the information we have at this point it will surprise me.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 03:07   Link #2563
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Office Building, Shopping Mall
still disgusted me on those Twitter wanting the staff to get fired from their jobs and asked them to kill themselves despite the thing that these man-children find 'problematic' was quickly resolved in the next episode, i mean the situation itself was resolved way better than the Emilia VS Rem thing in Re:Zero.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 03:13   Link #2564
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faux Mecha View Post
still disgusted me on those Twitter wanting the staff to get fired from their jobs and asked them to kill themselves despite the thing that these man-children find 'problematic' was quickly resolved in the next episode, i mean the situation itself was resolved way better than the Emilia VS Rem thing in Re:Zero.
I think people should see this matter with a bit of perspective. There's people watching the show. A few of these people are complete idiots, or mentally ill, or a combination of the two.

What the internet does is allow these people to be more visible when they inevitably show their issues. The audience for this show is very big. Worldwide, the percentage of people who may do that, however tiny, will still mean that there's quite a few who will stand out.

So yeah. I'm not saying that they're excusable - they're not (those who don't need outright help, at least), but I wouldn't put them up as some sign that "people these days" are crazy or obsessed or anything. People these days are what they've always been, a mixed bag with some veritable weirdos here and there, and with the internet we get a gathering spot for a planet's worth of those weirdos. No surprise they seem more than we experience IRL.
__________________
----
What if Goku was super smart and had a thing for philosophy? Find out in The Optimised Wish Project!
----

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 03:32   Link #2565
Sacredus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Valhalla
Well... something changed in communinty... Not sure if at good way: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1723652
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 03:34   Link #2566
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 33
So I kind of forgot to discuss this due to all the drama from last episode.

But this episode only solidified some of my suspicions about the Klaxosaurs.

Basically, I wonder if 02 actually needs to worry about becoming human in the first place. Because it seems to me like Klaxosaurs might actually come from humans in the first place.
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 03:42   Link #2567
xrick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portugal
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Well... something changed in communinty... Not sure if at good way: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1723652
So. True. Story. I went to the work of reading it and it just gave me a headache.
I'm not sure if they're truly believing all of it or simply taking the bait for trolling's sake, it only shows how much good I did to myself to never step into MAL's den
__________________
Looking for suggestions of Portuguese (of Portugal) Publishers that might have an interest in publishing a LN-style Original Novel Series.
xrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 03:52   Link #2568
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The land of tempura
Honestly I never got the "drama" surrounding this show. The plot so far has been so by the numbers it almost hurts. There's always a "second girl", she'll always try to "protect" the MC from the "main girl" in a misguided way and it'll all get resolved always. I mean, these kinds of developments were pretty common for decades in anime but now some kids go ranting online whenever there's some sort of drama in the fictional relationships of these stories?

Really, it's the constant pandering to these kinds of idiots that turns out shows that'll never be anything more than fanservice. It's like some fans have absolutely no idea what real human relationships are like and assume that everything works like dating sims *insert troll face here*
__________________
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 04:35   Link #2569
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Nobody dogpiled you before and nobody's dogpiling you now. XP

You can take the inevitable silence as a sign that you were wrong.
Then what do you call it when people respond to me angrily with angry posts about how my opinion is somehow wrong? And if there is "inevitable silence", then good. That would mean people are finally leaving me alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I can only assume you do, because you constantly bitch and whine about people liking her for shallow reasons. That can only be a reference to people who are sympathetic to ZeroTwo since nobody on this forum has said they support ZeroTwo for such shallow reasons.
I can only assume you haven't read my actual posts because I don't recall any of that. I most certainly was a bit disgruntled by how much of her actions people are willfully ignoring, but that's hardly the same thing as "bitch and whining about people liking her".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
No, you implied people on this forum seem to think Ichigo is a slut for silly reasons. Since nobody said that you could only have been referring to the people here pointing out that love was a factor for Ichigo's actions.
But why did they "point out" the obvious thing that I wasn't even denying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
If you drop your stupid habit of resorting to hyperbole, then I can guarantee you these problems would disappear. I've actually gone back and had a look at your posts. The "dogpiling" that you're referring to is just two or three people calmly pointing out that love was a factor in Ichigo's actions. They weren't dogpiling you in any sense of the word.
If they really were as calm as you said they were then why are they angrily addressing arguments I'm not even making?


For that matter, what's keeping you from leaving well enough alone? Do I have to change my opinion just for your sake? If not, what is it you hope to achieve with this tangent?
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 04:55   Link #2570
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
People like 02 despite her questionable actions because she's basically an animal learning to be human. It's logical that she would make mistakes and hurt others. It's like a vampire trying live as a normal human and struggling against his thirst for blood. 02 is struggling against her "monster" nature and also against years of physical and psychological abuse that made her mistrust the people around her. And yet, despite all that, she still comes across as profoundly human. That's why people like her.

And what about Ichigo? She's mostly a normal girl who made mistakes due to an unrequited love. It's understandable too, specially considering she started understanding her feelings only recently, but is less sympathetic and much less interesting than 02's case.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-04-22 at 06:34.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 05:02   Link #2571
xrick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portugal
Age: 30
Not to forget the kids only recently started understanding (a bit) about love and stuff.
Ichigo, at first, seemed irked by 002 clinging to Hiro, but it was majorly after coming to understand she loved him that she started antagonizing 002 and her way of doing things, mostly because Hiro ended up being pushed around by her antics.
__________________
Looking for suggestions of Portuguese (of Portugal) Publishers that might have an interest in publishing a LN-style Original Novel Series.
xrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 08:42   Link #2572
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Well... something changed in communinty... Not sure if at good way: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1723652
First comment is a blatant bait keep it there.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 09:45   Link #2573
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
So I ask of you, would a complete whore who's only in it for the D have personally delivered Hiro to 02's doorstep after a 20 second rant from her partner?
You sure watched the "episode"??? she only did it because of goro if not was goro she could still doing the same, it was "goro" which put some sense in her head, the mvp here was goro, she only did it because of him shut-up her and made her do it and even when she delivery him she started a fight for "anger reason" because she finally learned which she never ever had a minimum chance with him and he only have eyes for zero 2 what pissed her off to the point of go full "violent" toward zero 0 what ironically was what you complained over zero 0, see in the end she was not different from zero 0, because both did mistakes for "selfish reasons", none of them are "better tham the other", ichigo have her own flaws which at last for me made clear which she is a terrible leader and goro was supposed to be the real leader here he is the only one "mature" and enough reasonable to not let his own feelings cloud his judgment as ichigo.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-04-22 at 10:13.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 10:24   Link #2574
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
You sure watched the "episode"??? she only did it because of goro if not was goro she could still doing the same, it was "goro" which put some sense in her head, the mvp here was goro, she only did it because of him shut-up her and made her do it and even when she delivery him she started a fight for "anger reason" because she finally learned which she never ever had a minimum chance with him and he only have eyes for zero 2 what pissed her off to the point of go full "violent" toward zero 0 what ironically was what you complained over zero 0, see in the end she was not different from zero 0, because both did mistakes for "selfish reasons", none of them are "better tham the other", ichigo have her own flaws which at last for me made clear which she is a terrible leader and goro was supposed to be the real leader here he is the only one "mature" and enough reasonable to not let his own feelings cloud his judgment as ichigo.
I watched the episode, and I noticed brief moments where Ichigo would look at Strelizia during battle and mumble her name, probably worrying for her. Even the most perceptive of them all Goro mentioned that she was worried about 02 as well. Goro shouldn't take all the credit; Ichigo was showing signs of change. But it sounds like your dislike of Ichigo is clouding your view.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 10:42   Link #2575
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Just a thought, but perhaps this conversation would be more pleasant without the passive aggressive sniping at each other.

Just a thought.
__________________
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 10:42   Link #2576
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I watched the episode, and I noticed brief moments where Ichigo would look at Strelizia during battle and mumble her name, probably worrying for her. Even the most perceptive of them all Goro mentioned that she was worried about 02 as well. Goro shouldn't take all the credit; Ichigo was showing signs of change. But it sounds like your dislike of Ichigo is clouding your view.
It's not like Ichigo didn't care at all, but she wouldn't have helped Hiro get to 02 if Goro didn't tell her to. Most of the credit definitely goes to Goro.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 10:46   Link #2577
Funkatron
King of the Castle
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: TX
Age: 35
For some reason this recent episode is reminding me of the plot twist from Gargantia

Spoiler for Gargantia:
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 10:46   Link #2578
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's not like Ichigo didn't care at all, but she wouldn't have helped Hiro get to 02 if Goro didn't tell her to. Most of the credit definitely goes to Goro.
He absolutely takes a lot of credit. He was the breaking point for Ichigo to finally give in. I just don't want people to get it twisted that Goro was the sole reason that she changed her mind; like I said before, we can see that Ichigo was worried for her. It wasn't a complete 180 change of heart.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 11:21   Link #2579
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I watched the episode, and I noticed brief moments where Ichigo would look at Strelizia during battle and mumble her name, probably worrying for her. Even the most perceptive of them all Goro mentioned that she was worried about 02 as well. Goro shouldn't take all the credit; Ichigo was showing signs of change. But it sounds like your dislike of Ichigo is clouding your view.
i know that, that is why i told which "her feelings" where clouding her judgment, because deep inside she know which she was wrong but her "feelings" and stuborn keep her from doing the right thing and in that moment when goro talked was the same which they get almost killed because of that, because she was feeling guilty for her actions and wanted help but was unable because in the same way she don't wanted to accept which she was wrong, and it proof again if not was for goro being the one "reasonable they could had died" because she let her guard down.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 11:36   Link #2580
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
i know that, that is why i told which "her feelings" where clouding her judgment, because deep inside she know which she was wrong but her "feelings" and stuborn keep her from doing the right thing and in that moment when goro talked was the same which they get almost killed because of that, because she was feeling guilty for her actions and wanted help but was unable because in the same way she don't wanted to accept which she was wrong, and it proof again if not was for goro being the one "reasonable they could had died" because she let her guard down.
Maybe you meant to say all that, but I didn't see it in your original post. Now you're saying that they almost got killed because of Ichigo? If you're talking about that little klax that almost got them from behind, there was no way that would've killed them. That little scene was to serve the purpose of making us see that Ichigo was focused on 02 and maybe worried for her.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.