AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-28, 10:37   Link #121
junko
model bliss

Bubblegum Crisis. Troupe of girls save the city from unexplainable forces. Mecha. I'm not really into mecha.

Sailor Moon. I absolutely HATE the whole magical girl genre.

DBZ. Trite, boring, and time consuming. And it didn't really go anywhere.

Nadesico. I actually thought this might be good. Then they introduced the air-headed captain and I immediated deleted all the Nadesico I had downloaded.

Flame of Recca. Trite, over-done plot.

Gundam Wing and all its spinoffs. Mecha. Gah.

Tenchi Muyo. Okay, how many times have we seen this? Boring, unassuming guy with multiple fiancees, who all hate eachother, who, because of budget constraints and alien status are in close contact with every other character in the show.

Fruis Basket. Really, it was just dumb.

Love Hina, kinda. I mean, it was a good concept, and what I read of the manga actually seemed pretty decent (I haven't read all of it, though). But the anime was just kind of . . . ridiculous.

And the first 20 or so eps of Evangelion. Like I said, I'm not really into mecha. But I finished this series because a friend made me promise that I would.

Gah, multiple posts! Stupid browser.
Old 2004-04-28, 11:20   Link #122
Rokl

There's so many that it would take an eternity to make a list, but here's a few that came first in my mind:

Neon Genesis Evagelion: Well, I didn't exactly hate it, but I haven't ever liked mecha-anime series so that wasn't anything for me. (Good Music).

DragonBall - The whole series: A bunch of shit. How can anyone enjoy watching these episodes and say it's good? Get a life..

Rurouni Kenshin: I know that there are thousands of people who loves this animeserie, but I didn't like it that much for some reason. Ninja & Samurai theme isn't my thing and I was actually very dissapointed after the first 30 episodes because so many people have said good things about it.
Old 2004-04-28, 11:52   Link #123
Kouji
StrykerX

Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040
Hamtaro
Nadesico
Astro Boy
Old 2004-04-28, 16:52   Link #124
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

There isn't really anime that I truly hate. There are a few I don't like much.
Then there are a few more that I do not consider as essential as many others do.

One series that seems to be hyped by many but I just don't get (based on
the first two DVDs) is Berserk. Not that I hate it, but there isn't really
much that makes me want to get more of it (I will give it another shot before
I decide to get rid of it however).

For me Naruto is definitally not as essential. The last episode I saw was
episode 50-something. But I certainly don't dislike it -- I just don't crave for each
new episode like many seem to.

The "classic" dislikes like DBZ, Pokemon and Sailor Moon also fall just in the "non-essential"
category. I actually did watch these three at some point. Now, there are just better
series I could waste my time with in the mean while...

As for Gundam, I've only seen Gundam Wing and Gundam Seed so far (not completely though)
and of those two I find Seed much better than Wing -- the "emotional" part of war is put much
more clearly accross in Seed. You really see the people affected by the dead of a character suffer.
(even if that character was the enemy)

As for Cowboy Bebop, it took me a while for me to continue collecting this series on DVD after
I got the first disc. While in terms of quality it's a good series (IMHO), I didn't really appreciate
the episodic nature of this series much. And if I could do it over again, I'm not even so sure if
I would collect it if I had seen the series completely before getting the DVDs...

I'd like to warn people replying to this thread to mention the series and your opinions
about them as just that - your opinions. A few to many posts seem to be worded as "facts",
which annoys those who did like those series.
Old 2004-04-29, 06:00   Link #125
kamatari honjo

i need to add .Hack list of anime. i dont see a lot of people mention it i guess i am one of the few that hated it.

ohhh couple posts above, personal opinion the most of the first 30 episodes of kenshin did suck. except maybe 3 with aoshi, and the fight with saitoh. i think everyone loves kenshin for episodes 26 to about 52; kyoto arc. everything else was just filler, and personally for anyone else watching it, i would just stop watching after kyoto arc is done...SO BAD, i refuse to call it part of kenshin.
Old 2004-04-29, 13:01   Link #126
Liquidus
╞╩╗

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro
For me Naruto is definitally not as essential. The last episode I saw was
episode 50-something. But I certainly don't dislike it -- I just don't crave for each
new episode like many seem to.
Yeah the anime of Naruto up to about eps. 30 I thought was great, from then on was kinda bleh. As for craving for new episodes I don't, but probably because I read the manga. The manga is a lot better then the show (in my opinion) because there aren't as many flashbacks, since the show has to fill 30 mins things can drag on. The show seems to do everything to lengthen each episode(Orochimaru/Hokage fight: sword in Hokage for like 6 eps. slowly pulling back and forth: started on eps. 74 ended on 80).

Last edited by Liquidus; 2004-04-29 at 17:46.
Old 2004-04-29, 13:13   Link #127
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamatari honjo
i need to add .Hack list of anime. i dont see a lot of people mention it i guess i am one of the few that hated it.
I think the audience of .hack//SIGN was really more of a niche audience. Being someone who has played a lot of online RPGs, the .hack series (with the exception of LIMINALITY) really interested me. It was an anime that was almost a duplicate of how I spent most of my time. The characters were so much like the group of roleplayers that I would hang out with.

.hack//SIGN was really, in my opinion, one of those anime series that you can't truly understand until you've actually experienced online RPGs. The series was a simulation of what people do in the games. Even Sora was a perfect example of a d00d in an online RPG. It was all so real to me, it all made sense. However, like I said before, the target audience of .hack//SIGN was a niche group, a group of people that have experienced online RPG worlds that are able to relate to the characters.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion of the show, I'm just expressing my opinion on it.
Old 2004-04-29, 13:49   Link #128
Icer

Trigun

I easily hated it while watching

Oh, and I saw the first ten or so episodes of Macross...boring. Strange, since I really love Mobile Suit Gundam 0079, everyone told me I'd like Macross.
Old 2004-04-29, 14:13   Link #129
junko
model bliss

I apologize if I sounded a bit harsh in my earlier post. Of course, everything expressed was just my opinion. I was a bit distracted at the time. Ususally, I look for two things in anime, TV, and movies: 1)plot; 2)characters. If the plot doesn't hold me (most mecha), I'll turn it off. Similarily, if the characters are wooden or especially annoying (in the case of Nadesico), I won't watch it, either. So, sorry, everyone, I wasn't bashing your favorite series.
Old 2004-04-29, 18:24   Link #130
DistortedRealmS

Send a message via MSN to DistortedRealmS
Macross 7... the music was kinda cool but when things happen like singing said music to the enemy from a valkrie in hopes of stopping them... I pretty much gave up on it lest I continue feeling embarressed for the writers. I enjoyed most other macross series and movies but I could not bring myself to watch more than 6 episodes of this anime.

Other than the one mentioned above, the many anime I have seen up to this point I have ussually found a reason to keep watching and enjoying them. You won't catch me watching Naruto or FMA anytime soon, I am sure they're good series and have many high points but Like anything mainstream and trendy to my eyes I will not go near it.

Cheers
Rob
Old 2004-04-29, 23:07   Link #131
Kouji
StrykerX

Sailor Moon, was too goody goody for it's own kind. I was just sick and tired of this anime series. Like Captain Planet, they told you how you can protect "Mother Earth".
Old 2004-05-08, 23:59   Link #132
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

kino's travels

no plot, no cool characters, no nothing...AND KINO'S A GIRL!?!??!!? WTF

and that stupid bike...OCD woman
Old 2004-05-09, 01:10   Link #133
Kouji
StrykerX

Gundam SEED (U.S version)
- It didn't wow me as much (tough it was good for a few episodes, but that was it, when I saw ep 3. Man the acting sucked) compared to when it aired in Japan a while back. And the performance of the U.S acting, was less than stellar. Heck I'd even watch Wolf's Rain over this anime that has dull acting. Even Yu Gi Oh has more decent acting than this.

Last edited by Kouji; 2004-05-10 at 10:54.
Old 2004-05-10, 09:08   Link #134
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by junko
I apologize if I sounded a bit harsh in my earlier post. Of course, everything expressed was just my opinion. I was a bit distracted at the time. Ususally, I look for two things in anime, TV, and movies: 1)plot; 2)characters. If the plot doesn't hold me (most mecha),

Gundam Wing spin-offs?

So I'm guessing you have watched these "Gundam Wing spin-offs" like MSG, Z, ZZ, CCA, Victory, 0080, 0083 that came before Gundam Wing.

MSG has a good plot and great characters.
Old 2004-05-10, 09:17   Link #135
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Hmmm... I really hate... all anime's that are included in the "romance" category... I dont really understand... why people like those anime's... so much..., well it is so... so... "boring"...
Old 2004-05-10, 09:58   Link #136
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
Hmmm... I really hate... all anime's that are included in the "romance" category... I dont really understand... why people like those anime's... so much..., well it is so... so... "boring"...
Why do they like those "boring" series? Maybe they've gotten bored of series that exist only to proliferate mindless fighting and pointless fanservice. Maybe they want something a more in a series...

Old 2004-05-10, 10:35   Link #137
wao
OK.

I do not like...

1. Love Hina (I don't like those girls. Really. And the whole story just bores me...)
2. Ai Yori Aoshi (I really hate romances like these; as you will see I'm not so fond of romance anime :x I do admit this is biased though, I've only watched like a few eps of it from a friend, and the rest I asked her to tell me what happened...)
3. Ranma 1/2 (It was really funny at first, but soon got very very repetitive and boring and utterly mindless. The animation was terrible, the music was horrible, the direction wasn't good and they came up with their own plot that was different from the manga... that doesn't usually turn out very well. In this case it certainly didn't. The jokes got so repetetive...)
4. Aishiteruze Baby (Does not interest me in the least bit. Also, it's probably one of the soppiest things ever. I'm being VERY biased here though, having only watched the first episode. But from what I hear from everyone else it just seems to be as soppy as usual, boring and pointless, cliched and the production quality still as low as ever. I repeat: I'm biased... very biased... unfairly biased.)
5. Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (I admit, I fell into the populist movement and made myself believed I like this series. I don't sound very convincing right now because people are going to think I just changed my opinion reading through the topic, but I haven't read through the topic except hte last page, and I really am being honest. Oh well. Anyway, the first few eps were okay but they dragged it on so long. WHAT is the big problem with breaking up and a coma? They act as if it's such a big deal...? They're just all not looking at things realistically and falling into the same holes again and again. Stupid idiots.)
6. Flame of Recca (I will [shamefully? nah] admit that this series was entertaining. But this is probably because it was one of the first anime series I ever watched.... And I do have this natural attraction to such anime with super powers and all, but when I started reading up and watching more anime, I soon realised this was rather cliche and overused and stupid...)
7. Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou (Note: I am only basing this on the MANGA. I've read most of it now, and I have to say I only got it because I guess I didn't want to have 3 volumes and no more... It is entertaining in a rather short-termed, bland and maybe tasteless sense... Rather cliche and boring to me, and the romance was so stupid. I don't know how to explain it, though. I will say that it is funny at times, though...)

Well, I guess I'll update later maybe... if I can be bothered to...

EDIT: I don't like a lot of Gonzo's works, or Saiyuki (so.... trite... stupid....mindless... ugh), or Fushigi Yuugi, Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai is UNBEARABLE, I didn't like SaiKano, Kyou Kara Maou, BAKURETSU TENSHI (special mention do not like x_x Waaaaay too unnecessarily raunchy, pointless, it's not even funfun pointless like Kenran, it's just... bad.) Hrrrrr.

Last edited by wao; 2004-05-11 at 07:02.
Old 2004-05-10, 10:57   Link #138
Kouji
StrykerX

Gundam Wing
- Basically my hate goes towards Heero, seeing as he's the anti-hero of the group. And he's mostly bent on killing rather than saving people. It's a good thing that Duo attacked him to save Relina.
Old 2004-05-10, 11:41   Link #139
chuckert
Registered Abuser

Send a message via AIM to chuckert
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro
There isn't really anime that I truly hate. There are a few I don't like much.
Then there are a few more that I do not consider as essential as many others do.
I feel the same way. I don't actually hate any anime but for me it just narrows down to whether i'm motivated enough to watch something and finish it, or watch it and have no desire to keep going. One such series for me is Revolutionary Girl Utena. I just can't seem to find myself to get into the series for some odd reason. I'm about 3/4 of the way to the Akio Arc of the series. I promised my friend that I'd finish the series though so we'll see how the ending goes.

Last edited by chuckert; 2004-05-10 at 12:03.
Old 2004-05-10, 11:48   Link #140
Tima
Konichiwa

Kyou Kara Mao, Airmaster
Melody of Oblivion, Divergence Eve
Kimi Ga Nozumu Eien, Avenger
Love Hina, Hellsing
Burn Up W, Sayuki Reload
Ai yori aoshi, Midori No Hibi
Daphne of Brilliant Blue, Kono Minikuku Mo Utsukushi Sekai
Hunter X Hunter, Bakuretsu Tenshi
Ayatsuri Sakon, Neon Genisis Evangilion stopped making sence in the end thats why i started disliking it,
Azumanga Daioh I didn't hate it just wasn't interesting, Sensei no Ojikan
Onegai Teacher Onegai Twins
Cosplay, Full Metal Panic I didn't hate it just wasn't interesting to me, Noir, Phantom, Yumeria, Ashituruze baby,
Paranoia Agent, Gravion Zwei, Chobits,

There are others but I can't remember them right now

Last edited by Tima; 2004-05-10 at 12:55.
Closed Thread